Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yeah, same core attacking 6 as me. Sissoko and Williams will probably be my £4m defender and £4.5m mid as well.

I've been put off by Gray as I'm not sure he can keep it up and if I want off him there's nowhere really else to go at his price. There seems to be loads more options at £6m and just above.
I like Odegaard or ESR for 5.5

@RDCR07 it all depends on ronaldo really. If he doesn’t bang there’s a lot of cash that can be freed up. Go back to Toney and put son or grealish in for Grey . Bamford has good fixtures. Maybe Jimenez will find his shooting boots. I’m not that worried about my team. Can get Torres in for Jota once Bobby F comes back if I like.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Sound reasoning.

If I was in your position I'd focus on a strong 3-4-3 with good fixtures. and White as backup as he has a good fixturelist.

Sa £4m

Rudiger Dias Williams White Semedo

Salah
Jota Greenwood Raphinha £4.5m

Antonio DCL Ronaldo

Semedo because he stays high up the pitch and could offer in both ends. Think this works out at 20,3 exactly. It's a gamble on Wolves however, but you'll be able to switch from Semedo to Tierney (both at 4,9 easily) or someone lower to free up funds if you want to jump on the Chelsea wave around GW7. I don't see the benefit in Livramento for the next 4 gws.
Yeah I've thought about doubling on Wolves actually but they have a lot of options in defence and that's why I just plumped for Sa. White is a perfect £4.4m first bench option isn't he.

I'm £0.5m short for Raphinha with the above :( although he was one of the names to maybe come in for Jota/Greenwoodin the next few weeks.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Wildcarding, so far i got:

Sanchez
White TAA Dier
Grealish Greenwood Salah Gray
DCL Antonio Ronaldo

Thinking about switching Grealish to Jota and either upgrading on Gray, the defense of my bench.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You’ve used your WC yet haven’t thought beyond two weeks. Jota, Greenwood and Antonio are rotation headaches once European football starts. We don’t know if Gray can consistent over a long period of time. You have no City or Chelsea to cover the fixture swing in week 7. Not to mention the fact that you might need bring in the flavor of the week from time to time. You will have to make way too many changes in a couple of weeks.
Antonio being a rotation risk will be affecting everyone I'm sure? Jota/Greenwood I agree but can easily move out of one of them to Raphina/Mount or whoever. Ronaldo I'm sure can go to Lukaku for a period when the fixtures swing in GW7.

I don't think it's that big a risk. Of course there is rotation risk with Jota/Greenwood in particular but everyone will have this problem because so many have 2 of Jota/Greenwood/Torres. The ones that don't may regret it I reckon. Jota is a striker and even off the bench can come on and do some serious damage, Torres may be rotated occasionally but 7.1m for a City striker ranked as a midfielder is too good to pass up.

Alan Partridge

Torn between Jota, Torres and Gray as my Bruno downgrade to get Ronaldo. Leaning towards the latter two as a bit of extra cash is always handy.

Am I right in assuming Gray is the most nailed on going forward?

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Is Jimenez officially suspended yet? I know the Brazilians are but not heard anything about other south Americans yet

Flamingo Purple

The wrong skeptic
I know half of this thread is people asking for advice and that it's getting a bit repetitive. However, I am shamelessly going to join this bandwagon and would greatly appreciate some advice. :angel: Haven't wildcarded yet or used any deduct point transfers. My currently thinking is to go into this week with the team I have and captain Bruno/Salah and maybe look to bring in Ronaldo next week. Any second opinions?

Schmeichel-(Steele)
Shaw-Duffy-Trent-(coady)-(tsimikas)
Torres-Salah-Greenwood-Bruno-Smith-Rowe
Richarlison-Antonio-(Dennis)

Unfortunately missed the boat in getting out of Tsimikas.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
You’ve used your WC yet haven’t thought beyond two weeks. Jota, Greenwood and Antonio are rotation headaches once European football starts. We don’t know if Gray can consistent over a long period of time. You have no City or Chelsea to cover the fixture swing in week 7. Not to mention the fact that you might need bring in the flavor of the week from time to time. You will have to make way too many changes in a couple of weeks.
You can say that about any player and any team that plays in Europe though. The reason they're playing in Europe is because they're in the better teams in the first place.

No one in their right mind is not gonna have Antonio in their team because he might get rested in the odd game. He's the form player in the league at the moment.

Fair enough for Jota and Greenwood as we all know that Firmino and Rashford in particular will probably bench them at some point but again that isn't an immediate concern. Greenwood like Antonio is in too good form to ignore and in terms of points per million Jota is effective when starting or coming off the bench as he often does.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I know half of this thread is people asking for advice and that it's getting a bit repetitive. However, I am shamelessly going to join this bandwagon and would greatly appreciate some advice. :angel: Haven't wildcarded yet or used any deduct point transfers. My currently thinking is to go into this week with the team I have and captain Bruno/Salah and maybe look to bring in Ronaldo next week. Any second opinions?

Schmeichel-(Steele)

Team looks fine mate tbh. Is Smith Rowe fit? I heard he was ill or something. You've got Coady and Dennis at least as options from the bench.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC

Schmeichel-(Steele)

I'd definitely hold fire on that squad. You've got a decent gameweek fixture wise so no need to rush to make changes.

In my opinion the best time to use the WC is around GW7 or 8 when the fixtures become a bit more favourable for City/Chelsea.

That's the turning point when you should be looking to maybe offload a few MU/LIV/TOT players for City and Chelsea.

Unless you've got a terrible team or you're struggling to put out a decent XI then I wouldn't rush.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Torn between Jota, Torres and Gray as my Bruno downgrade to get Ronaldo. Leaning towards the latter two as a bit of extra cash is always handy.

Am I right in assuming Gray is the most nailed on going forward?
Regular game time would be a concern re Jota. Torres carries the risk of being on the wrong side of the Pep roulette.

Dudu

Had a feeling he'd give a non-commital answer.

Last edited:

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I know Arsenal players tend to be avoided, but I think Tierney (£4.9) is a decent shout seeing as Arsenal have got quite a long green run ahead.

I know that might not mean much seeing as it's Arsenal, but Tierney is very attacking this season - could get some goals/assists even if he doesn't keep many clean sheets.

IrishRedDevil

Some of the suggestions in here are just hilarious.

Wolves players. No goals
Arsenal players. No hope

I guess people just trying to find any players to justify the early wildcard.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Some of the suggestions in here are just hilarious.

Wolves players. No goals
Arsenal players. No hope

I guess people just trying to find any players to justify the early wildcard.
The fixture difficulty ratings make them look attractive. FDR is useful (the rating, not the dead President) but you've got to overlay that with your own sense check?

Regardless of FDR, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and plays like a duck, it's an Arsenal defender.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Antonio being a rotation risk will be affecting everyone I'm sure? Jota/Greenwood I agree but can easily move out of one of them to Raphina/Mount or whoever. Ronaldo I'm sure can go to Lukaku for a period when the fixtures swing in GW7.

I don't think it's that big a risk. Of course there is rotation risk with Jota/Greenwood in particular but everyone will have this problem because so many have 2 of Jota/Greenwood/Torres. The ones that don't may regret it I reckon. Jota is a striker and even off the bench can come on and do some serious damage, Torres may be rotated occasionally but 7.1m for a City striker ranked as a midfielder is too good to pass up.
You can say that about any player and any team that plays in Europe though. The reason they're playing in Europe is because they're in the better teams in the first place.

No one in their right mind is not gonna have Antonio in their team because he might get rested in the odd game. He's the form player in the league at the moment.

Fair enough for Jota and Greenwood as we all know that Firmino and Rashford in particular will probably bench them at some point but again that isn't an immediate concern. Greenwood like Antonio is in too good form to ignore and in terms of points per million Jota is effective when starting or coming off the bench as he often does.
I think you misunderstood me. I didn’t mean he has to replace Antonio now. I have him too. But in 3-4 weeks you will get a better idea of how his rest is cause he can’t play 2 games in one week - one on Thursday and one on Sunday. Eventually he will have to come out. On top of that you have players like Jota and Greenwood and Torres who won’t start every week. All these players might need to get replaced and bring in Chelsea and City players is a lot of transfers to make without taking too many hits.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No way I’m risking putting the armband on Ronaldo now :nervous:
Just have to take a calculated risk.

Who could start instead?

Could he go

GREENWOOD CAVANI SANCHO

Potentially? A political one of giving Cavani a start before Ronaldo gets going?

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Isnt Solskjaer just being coy about it?

Ronaldo is match fit, has been playing games, has been scoring.
Man Utd have been struggling to score goals the past couple of games.

And Ole said this 2 weeks ago:
“He is not signing to sit on the bench."

Reactions: esmufc07

ROFLUTION

Yeah I've thought about doubling on Wolves actually but they have a lot of options in defence and that's why I just plumped for Sa. White is a perfect £4.4m first bench option isn't he.

I'm £0.5m short for Raphinha with the above :( although he was one of the names to maybe come in for Jota/Greenwoodin the next few weeks.
Must've calculated wrong. Bachman at 4,5 would be my 2nd shout for a goalie in that case.

ROFLUTION

Hm. Ronaldo's still a great shout against Newcastle even coming on from the bench, if we are to understand Ole correctly.

Not sure if it diminishes his chances of scoring really, as Newcastle will just be more tired by then.

Wilson out btw, if this is not a clean sheet for Shaw & co., then I don't know what better chances there'll be.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That

That front three looks possible... going to be fun managing the attacking players when all fit?
When it all settles down it'll be Ronaldo + 2 others, and he can rest in the league and FA cup games. If Europe is critical, and we're playing say Norwich at home, he can rest the occasional one of those, but if we know anything about Ronaldo is he doesn't need or like rests.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hm. Ronaldo's still a great shout against Newcastle even coming on from the bench, if we are to understand Ole correctly.

Not sure if it diminishes his chances of scoring really, as Newcastle will just be more tired by then.
The big issue, is if we knew he was coming on, while what you say is correct, we'd be more likely to leave Bruno as captain for one more week