Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I can't see them replacing Watkins, when he cost over 30m, but the bigger concern is that his chances will dry up without Grealish there.
It's a big transfer in terms of knock on effects in our teams.

I think Nacho for Leicester is must have, but the other striker positions are definitely up for grabs.
I think the signing of Buendia should cushion the departure of Grealish somewhat. The man is an assist machine.

I had Iheanacho in my first draft but I'm worried his minutes will be shared with Vardy and that new striker they bought. Plus with Barnes back, no one knows how they'll line up.

But all the 7.5 strikers have question marks over them so I suppose it is anyone's guess!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I think the signing of Buendia should cushion the departure of Grealish somewhat. The man is an assist machine.

I had Iheanacho in my first draft but I'm worried his minutes will be shared with Vardy and that new striker they bought. Plus with Barnes back, no one knows how they'll line up.

But all the 7.5 strikers have question marks over them so I suppose it is anyone's guess!
Not starting the friendly today either.

Pickle85

Yeah, I had the same concern re nacho. Got rid of him for cavani and swapped Mount out for Buendia.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Not starting the friendly today either.
Who Iheanacho? If so, I think he missed the last one as well?

Yeah, I had the same concern re nacho. Got rid of him for cavani and swapped Mount out for Buendia.
I think I'll get Watkins and Antonio from the 7.5s for the start whilst I assess the lay of the land. Those two should be guaranteed starts unless they get injured.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Who Iheanacho? If so, I think he missed the last one as well?

I think I'll get Watkins and Antonio from the 7.5s for the start whilst I assess the lay of the land. Those two should be guaranteed starts unless they get injured.
Their last one was against my boys Wycombe in midweek.
Two different line ups for the halves. Nacho played second half.

But yes, may need to monitor him.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I'm not getting Wilson. Absolutely no way :lol:

I can go Antonio, DCL and Toney of I drop Digne to Coufal/Reguilon. My worry with DCL is that Hamez, Siggy and Richarlison will most likely not be there, especially at the start so can't see how he will get the service he needs (bar Digne).
James has will start from game 1. He’s already been a part of pre-season matches. I have him in my team too. Cheaper alternative than DCL. Siggy is suspended I believe and richarlison will join late after playing copa and olympics.

I have James and Digne

Unitedlife

Rate my team

Moving forward:

Goalkeepers: Mainstays unless not playing.
Defenders: TAA & Shaw mainstays, bring in Ben White once I know he starts, Alternate Robertson once Liverpool easy start is over, alternate 4.5m defenders to suit.
Midfielders: One of Salah/Bruno mainstay depending on fixtures, Alternate Buendia with Raphinha, Try to accommodate Smith-Rowe if regular starter.
Forwards: Drop Cavani once CL/EC starts, alternate 7.5 -8.5 forwards to suit.

Any other players to consider?

ROFLUTION

Rate my team

Moving forward:

Defenders: TAA & Shaw mainstays, bring in Ben White once I know he starts, Alternate Robertson once Liverpool easy start is over, alternate 4.5m defenders to suit.
Midfielders: One of Salah/Bruno mainstay depending on fixtures, Alternate Buendia with Raphinha, Try to accommodate Smith-Rowe if regular starter.

Really solid team, I believe. If you want to take the Toney risk - If not, a 4.5 and Dias/Cancelo is an option to cover City more and go more "safe" - statistically Toney should give about 8-10 goals and 1-5 assists, so it's a tricky one whether Buendia/Raphinha is same value or more.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
James has will start from game 1. He’s already been a part of pre-season matches. I have him in my team too. Cheaper alternative than DCL. Siggy is suspended I believe and richarlison will join late after playing copa and olympics.

I have James and Digne
James is injury prone and has been told her can leave of the right offer comes in... Unless I got that wrong?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Rate my team

Moving forward:

I'd maybe consider some other defender instead of Veltman. Double BHA defence is fine, but considering Ait Nouri isn't a certain starter (I believe), you'd want some other defender/MF you can rotate him with in order to avoid double BHA against likes of City, us, Pool, etc.

I think Ayling rotates quite well with BHA defenders, and is a cert starter

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Rate my team

Moving forward:

Looks quite good.
But the bench is dreadful, even just to start.

I'd do White in now. He's a 50m signing, he'll play.

I think having Robertson as well as TAA and Shaw kills too much budget.

If you bin him down to someone, you can push one of those 4.5m padders to Raphina.

And that'll look a lot better, and give you more depth.

Does Ait Nouri play? I'd probably prefer a Coady or guaranteed 4.5m starter to be honest.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I don’t like having two defenders from the same team. I understand Robertson and TAA are both good going forward but if Liverpool concede just one goal you’ll lose clean sheet points for both. At least if you have a defender from another team there is a chance he might get a clean sheet. I’d rather spend that money on midfield.

RDCR07

Looks quite good.
But the bench is dreadful, even just to start.

I'd do White in now. He's a 50m signing, he'll play.

I think having Robertson as well as TAA and Shaw kills too much budget.

If you bin him down to someone, you can push one of those 4.5m padders to Raphina.

And that'll look a lot better, and give you more depth.

Does Ait Nouri play? I'd probably prefer a Coady or guaranteed 4.5m starter to be honest.
I think he is their starting LB and apparently in preseason he has been used in the left side of midfield.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don’t like having two defenders from the same team. I understand Robertson and TAA are both good going forward but if Liverpool concede just one goal you’ll lose clean sheet points for both. At least if you have a defender from another team there is a chance he might get a clean sheet. I’d rather spend that money on midfield.
Exactly that.
I suppose the gamble, is that they smash Norwich 4 or 5-0, and the pair of them get a couple of attacking hauls, meaning both start the season on 13-15 pointers.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Rate my team

Moving forward:

Good XI that, though for some reason, I can’t get my head around Robertson’s price. Maybe it’s because he’s a tw@t, I’m not sure.

your issue is when they have a tough fixture(s) week. You’ve got no bench worthy of subbing in.

An all or nothing squad (which may well work)

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Harvey Barnes is back. Didn't even realise. Do people reckon he will go straight into the starting 11?

I can swap Buendia to him if he'll start...

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Looks ok?

That is nearly identical to my team. I have Bruno, Antonio and Buendia instead of DCL, Sancho and Grealish. My worry with Grealish is that he'll become a pawn in the pep roulette soon.

Moby

Dick
That is nearly identical to my team. I have Bruno, Antonio and Buendia instead of DCL, Sancho and Grealish. My worry with Grealish is that he'll become a pawn in the pep roulette soon.
Yeah I'm considering those changes as well. Grealish might go if he joins City.

What do people think about Son? Feels like he'll be at the forefront with his scoring for Spurs.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Yeah I'm considering those changes as well. Grealish might go if he joins City.

What do people think about Son? Feels like he'll be at the forefront with his scoring for Spurs.
Son airways outperforms his expected data. Great player for fantasy. Only concern is how Spurs will play under Nuno and the fixtures at the start aren't ideal. GW 2&3 are ok but the rest aren't amazing. Plus who knows what's happening with Kane etc.

If I drop Bruno to Sancho, I can easily upgrade Buendia to Son, I've thought about it but went against it in the end.

RDCR07

Harvey Barnes is back. Didn't even realise. Do people reckon he will go straight into the starting 11?

I can swap Buendia to him if he'll start...
I like him. Just don’t how Leicester are going to stack up this season since they have so many players in their attack/midfield. There is going to be a lot of rotation and I don’t want to spend £7m on a player that’s isn’t guaranteed to start.

RDCR07

Soucek isn’t getting a lot of love this season I noticed. He was immense last year till Lingard came in. I think he is going to be a differential at the start of the season.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Not a fan myself. Think he had a purple patch when they had some injuries, not convinced over a season
Top player on the pitch but don't see him as a great fantasy pick. Ends up assisting the assister a lot of times.

Could be a wild differential if he starts scoring more.
I like him. Just don’t how Leicester are going to stack up this season since they have so many players in their attack/midfield. There is going to be a lot of rotation and I don’t want to spend £7m on a player that’s isn’t guaranteed to start.
Thanks guys. Think I'll pass. Rotation at Leicester is a worry.

Soucek isn’t getting a lot of love this season I noticed. He was immense last year till Lingard came in. I think he is going to be a differential at the start of the season.
Soucek is that kind of guy that can easily pop up with a goal here and there but he can also go many weeks without getting shit (see back end of last season).

He's also at a slightly uncomfortable price point. 0.5 more and you're looking at Buendia, Raphinha or Bowen, who should get more consistent attacking returns.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Latest draft

Schmeicel (Foster)
TAA Fofana Shaw Digne (Manquilo)
Salah Maddison Bruno James Pulisic
Watkins (Deeney, Obafemi)

bench is kinda weak ..

Any swap suggestions?

RDCR07

Thanks guys. Think I'll pass. Rotation at Leicester is a worry.

Soucek is that kind of guy that can easily pop up with a goal here and there but he can also go many weeks without getting shit (see back end of last season).

He's also at a slightly uncomfortable price point. 0.5 more and you're looking at Buendia, Raphinha or Bowen, who should get more consistent attacking returns.
Yeah because Lingard was there and Soucek wasn’t getting forward as often.

RDCR07

Latest draft

Schmeicel (Foster)

bench is kinda weak ..

Any swap suggestions?
No offense but your entire team except your defense is weak. Not sure if you’re a Leicester fan but no guarantee Maddison, Fofana, James and Pulisic start every week and Chelsea have a terrible start to the season. Their first 6 fixtures aren’t the easiest. And you’re going with just one striker?

thedvil

Draft 232

Bachman / Foster
Keane/ Coufal / TAA / Ayling (White)
Salah / Maddison/ Havertz / Bruno (Bissomura)
Watkins / Cavani/ (Mebude)

Only thoughts are to switch Maddison to a 6.5 and upgrade Keane to Shaw

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Latest draft

Schmeicel (Foster)

bench is kinda weak ..

Any swap suggestions?
You're putting a lot of stock into Leicester. You have Schmeichel and Fofana... Leicester were 10th for best defensive stats last season and you get no attacking threat from Fofana, who might not even play if Leicester setup with 2 CBs (Evans and Soyuncu). You have a pretty weak bench and have Maddison, James and Pulisic in your team. Maddison may be going Arsenal and even if he doesn't, Leicester have so many attacking players now, it's impossible to guess how they'll set up. Pulisic and James are injury magnets and combined with your lack of bench, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

My advice? Downgrade James and Pulisic and upgrade to at least 2 strikers and some bench players that will play.

Yeah because Lingard was there and Soucek wasn’t getting forward as often.
True, although I assume most of his goals came from set pieces, so not sure exactly how much JLingz could have affected that? Also, are West Ham trying to at least replace JLingz?

Paul_Scholes18

If Sanchez is seriously injured it opens up for some interesting drafts.

Steele (if he is first choice) Bachmann
Shaw TAA White Ayling Veltman
Mahrez Son Raphinha Salah 4.5
Cavani Watkins Toney

Now Cavani and Mahrez if they start the first 3 games could be deadly. Long term I will sell them for form players in midfield and attack.
Mahrez to Sancho I have my eyes on for example.

I like a stronger def though, but having 4 top players up fronts feels pretty good. Toney is the weakness since I have poor options to rotate him with.

RDCR07

If Sanchez is seriously injured it opens up for some interesting drafts.

Steele (if he is first choice) Bachmann
Shaw TAA White Ayling Veltman
Mahrez Son Raphinha Salah 4.5
Cavani Watkins Toney

Now Cavani and Mahrez if they start the first 3 games could be deadly. Long term I will sell them for form players in midfield and attack.
Mahrez to Sancho I have my eyes on for example.

I like a stronger def though, but having 4 top players up fronts feels pretty good. Toney is the weakness since I have poor options to rotate him with.
Sanchez is injured???