Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Maxii

Paad
First time this season I’ve made an early transfer to get Rudiger in as I wouldn’t have been able to afford him after the price rise to 5.8.

Back out he goes for Christensen for a hit!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’m going to take out Rudiger for Christensen since I’m on a WC. I have already gained 0.1 and Rudiger isn’t going to rise in price. If he drops to 5.7 I can re-buy him and essentially not lose money even though I got him for 5.6. Thoughts? @Dirty Schwein @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Sandikan
100% take Rudiger out. No risk to that.
I'm currently on Christensen on a wildcard, but just having a last minute weighing up of James.
With Silva and Rudger out, they could well play Azpil, Chalobah, Christensen there. Could they play Alonso as one of the 3, and Chilwell too?

Not sure.
James has a high ceiling though, whereas Christensen is probably a safe 6 maxwhen he plays. As long as you have 2 playing defender subs you're ok

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Right.... getting close to stopping boring on now :)

What do we think about this......

Ramsdale Foster
TAA Cancelo James White Duffy
Salah Foden Rapha Townsend Brownhill
Lukaku Jiminez Antonio.

Would probably 4-3-3 that this week, and leave Rapha benched (surely can't start having played early hours today?!) with Duffy (even playing Norwich away!) and Brownhill

Good keeper choice
Got 3 high ceiling defenders covering the top 3
Strong mid, including City coverage v Burnley
Strong attack

Have 3 playing subs if any surprises with the big hitters missing out.

Think this covers everything I was wanting to cover except for Ronnie, but as @Dirty Schwein and @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson have pointed out repeatedly to me, mad run where you wouldn't captain him, we're not in great form, and even if he scores, will he score more than your deputy & better player elsewhere would :)
Plus you can still enjoy any goals he fetches!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Captain is quite awkward though.

Salah in the first game (always a risk :) )
Foden v Burnley, even riskier
Lukaku v Brentford away
Antonio at Everton
Jimi at Wolves.

Have to be Salah won't it?!

ROFLUTION

Feels so weird not subbing anyone and wishing for Alonso, Lukaku and Trent to start and a decent Raphinha sub on appearance.

Oh well 2/3 transfers next week to go crazy

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Feels so weird not subbing anyone and wishing for Alonso, Lukaku and Trent to start and a decent Raphinha sub on appearance.

Oh well 2/3 transfers next week to go crazy
Think you'll have a guarantee on 2 of those 3 starting, with Alonso a pure 50-50.
Rapha can't possibly be up to much after his exertions.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If I have to select one of Foden + Liva /White or Cancelo + Townsend ?
Both look decent options.
I'd go the second option, as Townsend has hit 10points 3 of the last 4 weeks, and Cancelo (as long as he starts!) will play like a winger in this one.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Foden v Grealish is an interesting one.
Same price.

Grealish has started all 7 league games, but has only 1 goal and 1 assist. And even that goal basically hit him and went in!

Foden has only started the last 2, but they were City and Chelsea, both aways! And scored in 1, and seems in good form...

RedDevil@84

Captain is quite awkward though.

Salah in the first game (always a risk :) )
Foden v Burnley, even riskier
Lukaku v Brentford away
Antonio at Everton
Jimi at Wolves.

Have to be Salah won't it?!
When in doubt, give it to Salah and Inshallah

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Two Spurs players have tested positive for COVID. Twitter rumours are it being Son and Gil.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I’m going to take out Rudiger for Christensen since I’m on a WC. I have already gained 0.1 and Rudiger isn’t going to rise in price. If he drops to 5.7 I can re-buy him and essentially not lose money even though I got him for 5.6. Thoughts? @Dirty Schwein @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Sandikan
Makes sense, Christensen seems like he will play a fair bit. I'm going Azpi myself as he's close to guaranteed but I have been thinking about Christensen...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Makes sense, Christensen seems like he will play a fair bit. I'm going Azpi myself as he's close to guaranteed but I have been thinking about Christensen...
James?

Azpi seems a high cost for a low top end.

Does Azpi play right wing back when James is out?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
James?

Azpi seems a high cost for a low top end.

Does Azpi play right wing back when James is out?
Azpi does play RWB when James is out but just thinking about it, he will definitely play RCB with Silva and Rudiger out.

I think I'm gonna go James. Cheaper, more attacking and I have bench cover.

With doubts around Son, my team is now set and sealed:

Ramsdale
TAA, James, Cancelo
Salah, Raphinha, Foden, Mbuemo
Antonio, Jimenez, Lukaku

Subs: Foster, Duffy, Livramento, Brownhill

Good luck all!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Azpi does play RWB when James is out but just thinking about it, he will definitely play RCB with Silva and Rudiger out.

I think I'm gonna go James. Cheaper, more attacking and I have bench cover.

With doubts around Son, my team is now set and sealed:

Ramsdale
TAA, James, Cancelo
Salah, Raphinha, Foden, Mbuemo
Antonio, Jimenez, Lukaku

Subs: Foster, Duffy, Livramento, Brownhill

Good luck all!
Best of luck to you sir....mostly because we have 10 of the same starters :) (And 3 of the same on the bench too)

You Mbuembo and Livra
Me Townsend and Duffy

(are we right sticking with Foden over Grealish for eg ;) )

BootsyCollins

I am going crazy soon. Cant decide on Chilwell. Got Raphina first on the bench with Hwang and Duffy second and third. Is it good enough backup if he dont play? James is also at 75% so might need two from the bench.

edit : i am on a WC so can change as much as needed

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Best of luck to you sir....mostly because we have 10 of the same starters :) (And 3 of the same on the bench too)

You Mbuembo and Livra
Me Townsend and Duffy

(are we right sticking with Foden over Grealish for eg ;) )
I actually have Mbuemo on bench and Duffy starting :lol:

Although I'm thinking to bench Raphinha for Mbuemo as Chelsea misding Rudiger and Brentford are good in attack. I can imagine Raphinha coming off bench for 1 point.

As my city player is a short term punt, I prefer Foden as his xGI is better.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I actually have Mbuemo on bench and Duffy starting :lol:

Although I'm thinking to bench Raphinha for Mbuemo as Chelsea misding Rudiger and Brentford are good in attack. I can imagine Raphinha coming off bench for 1 point.

As my city player is a short term punt, I prefer Foden as his xGI is better.
Ahh I meant me White, you Livra :)

Raph has to be benched this week.

I'm relying on either of Cancelo/James unexpected benching to be mopped up by White, and erm and 2nd or 3rd miss outs 1 pointers Brownhill and Raph like you say!

James is low risk, high reward though. They play Norwich next week which could be a haul.

But TAA, Cancelo and James could be magical gains.

I'm doing it now, and no more checking until tomorrow :)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I am going crazy soon. Cant decide on Chilwell. Got Raphina first on the bench with Hwang and Duffy second and third. Is it good enough backup if he dont play? James is also at 75% so might need two from the bench.

edit : i am on a WC so can change as much as needed
Get on the James tip mate.
If it doesn't come off, we can all weep tomorrow.

Moby

Dick

I'm relying on either of Cancelo/James unexpected benching to be mopped up by White, and erm and 2nd or 3rd miss outs 1 pointers Brownhill and Raph like you say!

James is low risk, high reward though. They play Norwich next week which could be a haul.

I'm following you guys into the tunnel. See you on the other side.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm following you guys into the tunnel. See you on the other side.
I'm not at a game tomorrow, for the first fantasy week in seemingly ages, so I can soak it in, or suffer it all in blow by blow :)

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
With the amount of people who have just jumped on the James Train you just know it's gonna crash and burn :lol:

Yep I'm locked in and won't be making changes anymore unless more injures etc are announced.

I already can predict some of the things we'll all say on this thread this weekend:

"feck sake Pep roulette strikes again that Pep Guardiola is my idol. Never getting City attackers again! :mad:"
"feck sake we all went James and tried to be clever when clearly Azpi was the right choice :mad:"
"feck sake Antonio injured, now all my plans are out the window :mad:"
"feck sake why did I captain in the early kick off :mad:"

Good luck all!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
With the amount of people who have just jumped on the James Train you just know it's gonna crash and burn :lol:

Yep I'm locked in and won't be making changes anymore unless more injures etc are announced.

I already can predict some of the things we'll all say on this thread this weekend:

"feck sake Pep roulette strikes again that Pep Guardiola is my idol. Never getting City attackers again! :mad:"
"feck sake we all went James and tried to be clever when clearly Azpi was the right choice :mad:"
"feck sake Antonio injured, now all my plans are out the window :mad:"
"feck sake why did I captain in the early kick off :mad:"

Good luck all!
I bet my redcafe internet fame on it. Inevitable at least 2 of those happen.

Although, imagine if those big 3 in defence all absolutely go apenhaller, and then the rest contribute to a competitor shattering 100 pointer :drool:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Seeing a lot of teams without Ronaldo, do people really think he will keep blanking?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Any thoughts on this:

Ramsdale Foster
TAA Dias Cancelo James Christensen
Salah Raphinha Foden Mbeumo Townsend
Lukaku Antonio Davis

@Sandikan @Dirty Schwein @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson
You've gone absolutely ape sh!t on that defence :lol:

A bit of an awkward bench decision each week.

With great cheapo defender options like Duffy and White, and Livra who I can't even find room for, I'd probably prefer to have my filler as a 5th mid, and have a better 3rd striker.