Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Yeah I have those 4 and Dias but kinda worried about Chilwell as I've transferred him in so he is gonna be benched. :lol:
I think youre safe. I don't think Tuchel will bench him in the league much in this form. Livramento first sub is the perfect back up though. I'm actually planning towards the same defence as you but switching Dias for James. 5 seriously attacking defenders there. Strong bench a must though

Moby

Dick
I think youre safe. I don't think Tuchel will bench him in the league much in this form. Livramento first sub is the perfect back up though. I'm actually planning towards the same defence as you but switching Dias for James. 5 seriously attacking defenders there. Strong bench a must though
I understand that but went with double city defense permanent for the whole season. They are the best defense in the league and rarely concede any chances.

Moby

Dick
Nothing wrong with that either. Dias is a very solid pick, just a bit boring. I think id consider Laporte for the saving but James is more fun as he's capable of a 15-18 pointer
Yeah for sure, but also more of an injury rotation risk so had to balance that. Dias and TAA should be fairly nailed and now Cancelo is also kinda ok. Chilwell seems to be the bigger rotation risk.

Fabian Keller

Not imo. Chilwell, TAA and Cancelo should be the dream defence for their attacking upside with Livramento as cover, and another with good fixtures.
thanks. I've done it. watch him in benched now.

On the topic of benches...

It feels a bit wrong to have Livermento sitting there now.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Even though Chilwell was 90% certain to rise last night, I couldn’t see how to get him into this team right now. Don’t think Dias to Chilwell is worth a transfer, and the lesson I’ve learnt is to let price rises slide by if you aren’t certain.

So for this week:

Foster
TAA James Dias Cancelo
Salah (c) Foden (v) Raphinha
Antonio Toney Vardy

Ramsdale, Mbeumo Brownhill Duffy
£1.3m ITB

Who else is going for Foster over Ramsdale this week? Other Vardy owners I presume?

Dan_F

Even though Chilwell was 90% certain to rise last night, I couldn’t see how to get him into this team right now. Don’t think Dias to Chilwell is worth a transfer, and the lesson I’ve learnt is to let price rises slide by if you aren’t certain.

So for this week:

Foster
TAA James Dias Cancelo
Antonio Toney Vardy

£1.3m ITB

Who else is going for Foster over Ramsdale this week? Other Vardy owners I presume?
Probably no need with Chillwell there. Bit of a waste of a transfer to do that.

I’m going Foster over Sanchez, but did the same thing last week and Sanchez ended up with more save points. We’ll probably choose the wrong option either way so I wouldn’t lose sleep over it.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Probably no need with Chillwell there. Bit of a waste of a transfer to do that.

I’m going Foster over Sanchez, but did the same thing last week and Sanchez ended up with more save points. We’ll probably choose the wrong option either way so I wouldn’t lose sleep over it.
I think if I get Chilwell in it is for Duffy as part of a mega back five, as a result of freeing up some more funds elsewhere.

saivet

Bielsa says that Raphina is likely to be available for Norwich (Firpo and Phillips should also be available).

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Rage transferred out Tierney to Chilwell last night leaving me with this...

Sa (Steer)
Chilwell Rudiger Cancelo (Duffy) (Williams)
Mbuemo Salah (c) Havertz Sarr (Allan)
Ronaldo Antonio Jimenez

Williams, Duffy, Sarr, Ronaldo all need sorting out but not sure this is a week to be taking more hits.

Any obvious quick wins I'm missing?

Zoo

Vardy isn’t yellow flagged anymore so hopefully he’s 100% and ready to go tomorrow.

saivet

Ben White hasn't trained yet, so a good chance he won't play tomorrow. I have Cancelo, Livra and TAA in my defence so hoping no one gets dropped over the weekend. If White doesn't play then my other defender is Duffy who didn't start last GW and even if he does, he has Liverpool away.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
If Raphinha and Vardy are fit, I'm going to do James to Chilwell today. Toney in next week and Kane in the week after next.

MUFC OK

So for this week:

Foster
TAA James Dias Cancelo
Antonio Toney Vardy

£1.3m ITB

If fit, Mbuemo could end up getting 10pts but is sat on the bench. Hard to know who to drop though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If Raphinha and Vardy are fit, I'm going to do James to Chilwell today. Toney in next week and Kane in the week after next.
I'm weighing up Toney in this week looking at his fixtures.

Vardy, Jiminez, Antonio up front as it stands. Probably Jimi is the main to go out of those, and generates enough money to do Vardy to Ronaldo/Kane in future.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If fit, Mbuemo could end up getting 10pts but is sat on the bench. Hard to know who to drop though.
I think these Brentford boys are great choices to be 10th or 11th men in your team, and first sub. There’s better players each week, but for this run of games they are ideal budget choices. People shouldn’t be too worried about benching them.

Moby

Dick
I think these Brentford boys are great choices to be 10th or 11th men in your team, and first sub. There’s better players each week, but for this run of games they are ideal budget choices. People shouldn’t be too worried about benching them.
They're a funny case. I've watched most of their games. Almost every game, they look like scoring on every attack and you'd think that the returns are gonna come any time but I see two issues; 1. They're finishing is pretty rash and lacks composure and 2. their attacks are generally not patient and structured, they are very high tempo and just usually have the ball fired into the box with a hope of someone getting at the end of it. That usually means good underlying numbers but also kinda hit and trial method.

But against the teams in this run of games they should score. Mbeumo if he's fit is a great choice, maybe as good as Raphinha because as long as he's one the pitch he's playing as #9 and getting all the chances.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
They're a funny case. I've watched most of their games. Almost every game, they look like scoring on every attack and you'd think that the returns are gonna come any time but I see two issues; 1. They're finishing is pretty rash and lacks composure and 2. their attacks are generally not patient and structured, they are very high tempo and just usually have the ball fired into the box with a hope of someone getting at the end of it. That usually means good underlying numbers but also kinda hit and trial method.

But against the teams in this run of games they should score. Mbeumo if he's fit is a great choice, maybe as good as Raphinha because as long as he's one the pitch he's playing as #9 and getting all the chances.
For me they are ideal for at least the next six and then you re-evaluate. Some weeks both will play, some just Toney will play. I can then focus my transfers elsewhere where there are greater potential gains.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'm weighing up Toney in this week looking at his fixtures.

Vardy, Jiminez, Antonio up front as it stands. Probably Jimi is the main to go out of those, and generates enough money to do Vardy to Ronaldo/Kane in future.
I got that same front 3 but I have enough money to do Vardy to Kane at any point.

Which plan do you think is better?

Plan 1:
GW10 - James to Chilwell
GW11 - Jimenez/Antonio to Toney
GW12 - Vardy to Kane

Plan 2:
GW10 - Nothing
GW12 - Vardy to Kane

Actually, after writing this up, I think I've convinced myself into plan 1. I have Mbuemo so Toney can wait another week. I would feel more comfortable with Chilwell over James although the price rises are frustrating...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I got that same front 3 but I have enough money to do Vardy to Kane at any point.

Which plan do you think is better?

Plan 1:
GW10 - James to Chilwell
GW12 - Vardy to Kane

Plan 2:
GW10 - Nothing
GW12 - Vardy to Kane

Actually, after writing this up, I think I've convinced myself into plan 1. I have Mbuemo so Toney can wait another week. I would feel more comfortable with Chilwell over James although the price rises are frustrating...
Why James out? He's just come off a haul and surely plays from here on in?

Moby

Dick
For me they are ideal for at least the next six and then you re-evaluate. Some weeks both will play, some just Toney will play. I can then focus my transfers elsewhere where there are greater potential gains.
Yeah Toney was on my list but had other flags to deal with.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Because:

- I don't think he will start as much as Chilwell
- If James doesn't start, he tends to come on (Chilwell doesn't).
- Chilwell on corners
- James more likely to get assists whilst Chilwell more likely to get goals
- Chilwell price will rise faster as he's the flavour of the moment.

I guess I'm clutching at straws? But I have the money and the flexibility to do it... Either do that or nothing this week.

RedDevil@84

This is for my draft. Whom to pick, James or Alonso for this GW?

Last edited:

Cutch

Was listening to one of them Fantasy Football Scout felllas thats a Chelsea hardcore and he's convinced Tuchel for some reason doesnt quite rate Reece James. Hence his pursuit of Hakimi in the summer and often benching him in big games. Also worth noting Tuchel has brought James on as sub 8-9 times since he took over but Chilwell only 0-1 (can't mind which). James good for the 1 pointers but Chilwell shouldn't be (which allows Livramento to come on for most)

Paul_Scholes18

So Chilwell in feels like a must. Although how to free up the money?

Sarr to Mbeumo was my plan, but his injury is a problem. Dennis is also suspended annoyingly so my bench is only 2 players.

I think if I go Mbeumo and he is out I risk having 10 players or worse if Cancelo gets rested which I think is likely.

Cutch

Ramsdale (Foster)
Dias Cancelo Rudiger Christensen (Livramento)
Salah Son Foden Raphinha (Luiz)
Antonio Toney (Jiminez)

Grealish to Foden already made. Am I crazy for considering a -4 as I want Dias -> TAA and Rudiger -> Chilwell asap for the attacking potential, and so I'd have to take a hit this week or next as I don't want another 2 gameweeks of sitting sweating through either of them bombarding the goal.

After that I'm planning on Broja in for Jiminez to get cash for another 3 upgrades. Thinking then Luiz -> Smith Rowe/Mbuemo, Raphinha -> Mount and maybe Christensen -> James despite what I wrote in my last post.

Long term plan

Ramsdale (Foster)
TAA Cancelo Chilwell James Livramento
Salah Son Foden Mount Smith-Rowe
Antonio Toney Broja

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Somehow overlooked that James started midweek for Chelsea. Don’t think he will start this weekend now. If I had noticed that, I would have sold him for Chilwell for £0.1m less.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Ramsdale, Foster
TAA, Cancelo, Dias, Chilwell, Livra
Salah, Raphinha, Foden, Mbeumo, Brownhill
Vardy, Antonio, Hwang

Bench 3 please.
I thought you had James? You lying sod!

Bench: Livramento, Hwang, Brownhill

Moby

Dick
I thought you had James? You lying sod!

Bench: Livramento, Hwang, Brownhill
Haha no I had Azpi who I chucked out for Ben. Yeah that's my plan but my big dilemma is Mbeumo vs Hwang.

Yep. Then be glad of a bit of pep roulette that takes the decision out of your hands and gives Livra and Hwang a game anyway
Livra Legend is inevitable.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Tasty looking team this week except for goalkeeper:

Sanchez
Henry TAA Rudiger
Salah Raphinha Havertz Foden
Vardy Toney Jimenez

Bench: Livramento, Gallagher, Tomiyasu

Brought Rico Henry in for Ayling, squad is pretty much packed. I want to bring in Son for Havertz in two weeks so will have to release Jimenez to open up funds most likely - or Vardy.