Fantasy Premier League 21/22

RedDevil@84

I am playing draft with my friends and I have Nacho in my team.

I can replace Nacho with Martial, Lacazette, Jesus, Ings, Wilson, Richarlison, Daka or Toney.

Am I better off with Nacho in this case?

the_cliff

Norwich (a)
Burnley (h)
Chelsea (h)
Leeds (a)

Wouldn’t say that’s easy.
Yup, then crystal palace and Brentford. That's about as easy a run as you'll get in fpl.
They also usually score a lot against Norwich, Burnley and Palace.

Paul_Scholes18

That's what I thought last season. But he brings ridiculous points. Especially if the Pool front 3 are back to goal scoring form. TAA is a must have. He is miles ahead of others in that position
He was under average for me last season in terms of points per game. Had him at wrong times. Robertson did better for me slightly.

Even Bednarek, Justin, Stones, Dias, Chilwell, Cresswell, Coufal, Dallas, Digne had higher points for me per game.

Thus if he start badly he can drop in value. I think I picked him up at 7 last year cause noone wanted him at the time.

Then I sold him and he smashed it before getting him back and he did decline again.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
What is the latest on DCL? Any idea?
Press conference is tomorrow.

He's in this video from 3:38 yesterday. Not wearing football boots, seems to be doing light training (?)
And not in the rest of the training.

At a guess I would say he'll start from the bench and Richarlison might start instead.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
@Dirty Schwein @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Sandikan @IrishBlue1
Basically is it Raphinha and Ings OR Son and Coufal?

Sanchez
TAA — Shaw — Tsimikas
Salah — Fernandes — Greenwood — Raphinha
Antonio — Toney — Ings

Subs: Begovic, Coufal, Brownhill, Amartey

Or

Sanchez
TAA — Shaw —Tsimikas — Coufal
Salah — Fernandes — Greenwood — Son
Antonio — Toney

Subs: Begovic, Brownhill, Amartey, Obafemi​

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

Sanchez
TAA — Shaw — Tsimikas
Antonio — Toney — Ings

Or

Sanchez
Antonio — Toney

I've made a promise to stay away from here until deadline but as I have seen you help many others, I'm willing to make an exception.

For me, I'd go option A.

I think Raphinha and Ings can get similar to Coufal and Son so that's negligible.

Option 2 on paper looks better but...

In option 2, you have Obafemi (who is being sold to Blackburn) and Amartey (who will probably be dropped from GW2 thanks to Vestegaard). That leaves you with 1 playing bench option. If you had a change of heart later and wanted to get another striker, that will cost so many transfers. There is hardly any flexibility to manoeuvre here.

Option 1 gives you 2 playing bench options and flexibility (most of your team have multiple equivalents in terms of price). So Ings has a fixture swing? No problem, bring in DCL or Wilson. Raphinha injured? There's always Benrahma or Buendia.

I mean you can do this too with option 2 but it takes more moves.

Essentially, you want to be able to rotate between 7.5 strikers as they all have different issues and you can do that with option 1.

Just my two cents.

Pickle85

How dim is it to include Amartey and that Liverpool reserve left back? I've done that at the mo as there's a month or so that Evans is out and I plan on changing after that. Is that stupid?

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
How dim is it to include Amartey and that Liverpool reserve left back? I've done that at the mo as there's a month or so that Evans is out and I plan on changing after that. Is that stupid?
Leicester are signing Vestergaard from Southampton. Amartey might only get a game or 2.

RDCR07

I've made a promise to stay away from here until deadline but as I have seen you help many others, I'm willing to make an exception.

For me, I'd go option A.

I think Raphinha and Ings can get similar to Coufal and Son so that's negligible.

Option 2 on paper looks better but...

In option 2, you have Obafemi (who is being sold to Blackburn) and Amartey (who will probably be dropped from GW2 thanks to Vestegaard). That leaves you with 1 playing bench option. If you had a change of heart later and wanted to get another striker, that will cost so many transfers. There is hardly any flexibility to manoeuvre here.

Option 1 gives you 2 playing bench options and flexibility (most of your team have multiple equivalents in terms of price). So Ings has a fixture swing? No problem, bring in DCL or Wilson. Raphinha injured? There's always Benrahma or Buendia.

I mean you can do this too with option 2 but it takes more moves.

Essentially, you want to be able to rotate between 7.5 strikers as they all have different issues and you can do that with option 1.

Just my two cents.
Appreciate your advise!

Lebowski

Current team after wanting to tweak it to get Son in.

Sanchez (Forster)
TAA Shaw Coufal White (Ayling)
Salah Bruno Son Rapha (Brownhill)
Antonio Toney (Obafemi)

4-4-2 and the obvious weakness is having to pick a 4.5 defender and Toney every week, but I'm fairly happy with that being an acceptable price to pay for Son Salah Bruno, Trent plus 2 attackers I like.

Thoughts?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
New team

Ederson
AWB - Dunk - Cresswell - Dias
Fernandes - Son - Zaha - Souceck
Ings - Toney

Thoughtsss???​
No Liverpool is a massive risk v Norwich.
Backing City defence heavily with their opening 6 games is a risk too.
Son starts with a tough game v City. Will they be as effective without Kane?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So then, can I finally settle on this?

Sanchez
TAA Shaw Cresswell
Salah Bruno Barnes Gwood Raphinha
Toney Antonio
subs: 4.0, tsimi, ayling, 4.5,

0.5 cash for flexibility.

Be brutally honest because even I'm not feeling inspired looking at it.
Three strong assists boys in defence.
Great midfield potential.

Just not a fan of non playing 3rd strikers. Especially when Toney is no certainty to perform.
In 3 game weeks you will have 3 non starters on the bench.

Paul_Scholes18

No problem brother!
Dirty I feel like we are almost getting the same team since I changed to Barnes.

The difference is I am going for Reguilon I think. Was thinking Coufal or Ayling first, but like Reguilons fixtures in gameweek 2-4 very well.
Then White can play if needed with better games for Arsenal and I might replace Tsimikas with a better option too.

Just will Reguilon be nailed and attacking as he could be?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Sanchez
TAA — Shaw — Tsimikas
Antonio — Toney — Ings

Or

Sanchez
Antonio — Toney

I'm currently on almost identical to your A lineup.
Just that I have a 4m keeper and different 4.5m mid (Chelsea lad on loan at Norwich).

It's annoying Willock hasn't gone to Newcastle as I'd have probs started him instead of Raphinha to be honest.

Ings scored 22 two seasons ago and his first 3 fixtures are great.
I think it makes sense to get on him and then if it doesn't happen ruck him off to whoever has emerged as the form choice or go the Kane/Lukaku route once that has settled down.

nickyboy1981

Will he? 36 years of age. If we're talking out of position then he wont be able to compete with Buendia, Traore, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Watkins, Bailey for winger-spots.

If we're talking right back/left back, is he a starter? Just saw him subbed on in their latest pre-season match, so I'm a bit unsure of whether he'll play regularly. 36 is quite old.
Bloody hell is he 36? I'm getting old.

Just looked at the match reports and he's started 2 out of 4 friendlies and scored and assisted in one of the ones he came off the bench.

I might stick with him for a couple of games given Villa's fairly easy start.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Dirty I feel like we are almost getting the same team since I changed to Barnes.

The difference is I am going for Reguilon I think. Was thinking Coufal or Ayling first, but like Reguilons fixtures in gameweek 2-4 very well.
Then White can play if needed with better games for Arsenal and I might replace Tsimikas with a better option too.

Just will Reguilon be nailed and attacking as he could be?
Here's a great story, during my time off here, I switched Coufal to... Reguilon :lol:

He should play and always attacking. With Nuno at Spurs, hopefully he gets some clean sheets this time round too.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Gone for this with a view to swapping Vardy for Lukaku once he's signed. Goalies have exactly opposite H/A fixtures so one should always have a decent fixture. Had to leave TAA out but not too bothered about that as I can get Greenwood in instead. I've not seen anyone pick Sarr yet, he was decent in the prem last time Watford were there, and scored 13 last season too, anyone offer any views on him?

Sanchez (Bachmann)
Shaw, Tsimikas, Digne (White, Ayling)
Salah, Bruno, Greenwood, Sarr (Bissouma)
Vardy, Watkins, Toney
Not bad. Sara is an option for me, just wish he played for a half decent side.

Nice tag name. 77 cup final? :)

Adcuth

He was under average for me last season in terms of points per game. Had him at wrong times. Robertson did better for me slightly.

Even Bednarek, Justin, Stones, Dias, Chilwell, Cresswell, Coufal, Dallas, Digne had higher points for me per game.

Thus if he start badly he can drop in value. I think I picked him up at 7 last year cause noone wanted him at the time.

Then I sold him and he smashed it before getting him back and he did decline again.
Where do we see a points per game average. That would be interesting

Leonzo1

I need to pick 2 out of Coufal Tsimakis and Toney. Keep in mind I already have TAA. Any help?

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Think ive settled on this:

-------------------------Sanchez------------------------
--------------Tsimikas-----------TAA---------Shaw
Barnes---Salah---Fernandes---Greenwood--Gundogan--
---------------------Toney------------Ings---------------

Subs:
(GK) Steele
(DEF) Ayling
(DEF) Veltman
(STR) Scarlett
TAA > Mings
gets me
Gundogan > Son

So a midfield of:

Barnes + Son + Fernandes + Salah + Greenwood

Adcuth

I need to pick 2 out of Coufal Tsimakis and Toney. Keep in mind I already have TAA. Any help?
Personally, I'd say coufal and tsimakis. Not sure i can see Toney making an instant impact. Liverpool should keep a clean sheet and Tsimakis has a chance of an assist. Also I can't see Newcastle starting well against West ham so possible clean sheet there

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Personally, I'd say coufal and tsimakis. Not sure i can see Toney making an instant impact. Liverpool should keep a clean sheet and Tsimakis has a chance of an assist. Also I can't see Newcastle starting well against West ham so possible clean sheet there
I'm not sure if Liverpool are that certain of a cleany, bearing in mind they have their main left back out, and have Van D and Gomez back after a year each out.
I'll have TAA and probably Tsim, but will most likely bench the latter, and play him home v Burnley.

Adcuth

Watched it, second final I remember. Made up for the disappointment of the previous year and yes, stopped the treble.

Great banners that year. A very good day

:lol:
I wasn't born till 85 but its a game I was made to watch after we actually did the treble. My best mates dad (who basically made sure I supported Utd) showed me the game. Like a "look what could have happened" :lol::lol:

LimerickRed

They are extremely touchy about names it seems. Named my team Gylfi Conscience and it was on some sort of ban-list of offensive names :lol:
I have the same problem pal

Named my team GylfiLikesMySon haha

Will they ban us for that or will they just make us rename?

No Liverpool is a massive risk v Norwich.
Backing City defence heavily with their opening 6 games is a risk too.
Son starts with a tough game v City. Will they be as effective without Kane?
Pool players are so expensive, i have 0.5 mill left in the bank

slored1

Can’t decide on Salah or Bruno captain

Liverpool are 50% odds to score. United 37%.
Liverpool have every chance of being shit. But then so do United with the weakened team…but we also looked good against Everton.
Triple captained Salah myself. Will probably be more useful to do during the double gameweeks but feel like he will score 3 at the weekend.

RDCR07

Here's a great story, during my time off here, I switched Coufal to... Reguilon :lol:

He should play and always attacking. With Nuno at Spurs, hopefully he gets some clean sheets this time round too.
Hahaha. Just looked at Spurs schedule. I’m tempted too. I have 0.5 in the bank so if I move either Raphina to Harrison or Ings to Wilson I can upgrade Tsimikas to Reguilon since I already have Coufal, Shaw and TAA.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Hahaha. Just looked at Spurs schedule. I’m tempted too. I have 0.5 in the bank so if I move either Raphina to Harrison or Ings to Wilson I can upgrade Tsimikas to Reguilon since I already have Coufal, Shaw and TAA.
Same as you but I wanted to keep my 0.5 so downgraded Coufal instead.