Fantasy Premier League 21/22

ROFLUTION

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I have created a new league for my workplace and instead of the name I chose for the league appearing it only comes up as "Pending Moderation". Am I correct in assuming that this is because admins are manually looking at names to make sure that they aren't offensive/rascist etc? I am also assuming that I don't need to do anything and that my chosen name will appear once this has been clarified. Anyone else experience the same?
They are extremely touchy about names it seems. Named my team Gylfi Conscience and it was on some sort of ban-list of offensive names :lol:

Relfy

I am currently setup as below. Will take the time to review the first few weeks fixtures later - had to bash this together on my lunch hour!

Sanchez
TAA - Dias - Targett
Bruno - Salah - Mount - Dallas
Iheanacho - Ings - Toney

Begovic, Bissouma, Johnson & Manquillo on the bench.

£1m left in the bank.

I feel Bruno, Salah, TAA and Dias are essential. Potential one could be moved out for Lukaku/Sancho.

Any advice welcome!

Paul_Scholes18

Last big call is a 6.5-7 million mid or 5-6 million defender as a starter?

Greenwood is probably the best, but not too happy to load up on us.
I want Cavani when fit as well.

Barnes I quite like, but not convinced by his Shield game. Gundogan looked better, but I just know Pep will mess things up with him if I pick him.

For defenders I could go with Digne or Cancelo.

Pickle85

I am currently setup as below. Will take the time to review the first few weeks fixtures later - had to bash this together on my lunch hour!

Sanchez
TAA - Dias - Targett
Iheanacho - Ings - Toney

£1m left in the bank.

I feel Bruno, Salah, TAA and Dias are essential. Potential one could be moved out for Lukaku/Sancho.

Any advice welcome!
I like this team. I'm personally not sure about Dallas now that he won't get CS bonuses (not that Leeds kept many!) I had mount myself but he's quite pricey to have from the off given how potentially tricky Chelsea's start is. I would personally downgrade Toney to bench dross and spend the additional three million elsewhere. Bench doesn't look particularly strong atm.

Adcuth

Are we hopeful of Toney bagging against Arsenal? Lots have him in their starting 11. Having hardly seen him play, or Brentford for that matter, I'm not sure how a game against Arsenal will go.

GledTheRed

Sanchez
TAA - Dunk- Shaw
Bruno - Salah - Grealish- Rahpinha
Iheanacho - A.Armstrong- Toney

Subs - Raya, White, Mbuemo, Tsimikas

HMU

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!

Sanchez
TAA - Dias - Targett
Iheanacho - Ings - Toney

£1m left in the bank.

Any advice welcome!
Initially I had Iheanacho but after Rodgers kept him on the bench until the 79th minute vs Man City, I pulled him. Yes he scored the 89th min PK, but if he's not starting, it's not a risk I'm not willing to take.

I'm waiting to see if he starts on Saturday. If he does, I'll probably grab him on week 2

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Feel like I'm pretty much nailed on here. Starting 11 and bench planned to be the same pretty much every week for the forseeable. No fecking about with 15 viable starters and selection headaches. Captain between Bruno and Salah every week. 0.5m kept over

Sanchez---(Steele)
TAA---Shaw---Digne---(White)---(Amartey)
Salah---Bruno---Barnes---Harrison---(Brownhill)
Ings---Antonio---Toney

klsv

Should I bench one of Coufal, Stones or Shaw for Tsimkas? Going with 352. If he starts, he has a better chance of a clean sheet against Norwich than the others do agains against Newcastle, Spurs and Leeds.

Raphinha, Salah, Greenwood, Bruno, Barnes in the mid, Ings and Antonio upfront.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
One decision left:

Salah - Son - Greenwood - Mahrez - Barnes
v
Salah - Bruno - Greenwood - Gundogan - Barnes

Son + Mahrez
or
Bruno + Gundogan

luck&neat

Why all the love for goalkeeper Sanchez?
I think most people tend to pick a cheap keeper to spend elsewhere, and he's one of the better £4.5m options. Brighton were pretty solid defensively towards the end of last season, and generally were a bit unlucky in some aspects in terms of goals conceded/results. His underlying stats were pretty good from what I remember when I bothered to check keepers a while back.

The only other (starting keeper) options at that price are the promoted clubs (who are a big unknown at this point), Southampton (who look to be losing several key players), Newcastle and Palace.

And yeah, keepers are boring (in FPL).

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Sanchez
Trent- Targett- Shaw-Veltman-Tsim
Salah-Bruno-Barnes-Raphinha-Brownhil
Antonio-Ings-Saint Max

Thoughts guys?

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Sanchez
Antonio-Ings-Saint Max

Thoughts guys?
Just Saint Max. He averages 3 goals, 5 assists a season.
He's just been moved from midfielder to forward in the FPL so if he even scores as many this season he'll get less points.

You could change Saint-Max to a 4.5, Targett to a 4.5, and Brownhill to Greenwood, and play 3-5-2.

*Cue Saint Max scoring at the weekend now.

Last edited:

JakeTheRed

Sanchez
Antonio-Ings-Saint Max

Thoughts guys?
I have a geordie friend who says it's about time for Saint-Max to pop off this year. I'm not sold myself, he's a midfielder/winger, classed as a forward. I know you probably don't want to, but I feel it's safer to go for Toney over ASM. A lot of people have him, he's on penalties & you'd expect that when Brentford score, he's going to be involved.

Aside from that, looks good!

bond19821982

Just Saint Max. He averages 3 goals, 5 assists a season.
He's just been moved from midfielder to forward so if he even scores as many this season he'll get less points.

You could change Saint-Max to a 4.5, Targett to a 4.5, and Brownhill to Greenwood, and play 3-5-2.

*Cue Saint Max scoring at the weekend now.
Yeah, probably change SMX to Toney. I want a villa back 5 as they have such nice fixtures and they havent conceded a goal in preseason.

I also want my bench to be bit competitive because it's the season opener and teams could have niggling injuries.

bond19821982

I have a geordie friend who says it's about time for Saint-Max to pop off this year. I'm not sold myself, he's a midfielder/winger, classed as a forward. I know you probably don't want to, but I feel it's safer to go for Toney over ASM. A lot of people have him, he's on penalties & you'd expect that when Brentford score, he's going to be involved.

Aside from that, looks good!
Yeah, he is way too inconsistent. Probably change to Toney.

mohr

Do you guys think triple WHU in Coufal, Benrahma, Antonio is too much?
They did good last season, but I don't know if they can replicate their form from last year. It seems too dangerous to risk 3 player on middle level club form.
Probably gonna change them later eventually, but maybe I should change 1 of Benrahma / Antonio to Willock / Wilson from GW1 to minimize the risk?
Any thoughts on this triple West Ham guys?

And another thing, TAA is one of the first player in my teamsheet, but seeing the latest update it seems I can change TAA + Benrahma to Tsimikas + Mahrez. Is it better to utilize Tsimikas & Mahrez because at these early GW they are likely to play cause of Robertson & Man City injuries?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Any thoughts on this triple West Ham guys?

And another thing, TAA is one of the first player in my teamsheet, but seeing the latest update it seems I can change TAA + Benrahma to Tsimikas + Mahrez. Is it better to utilize Tsimikas & Mahrez because at these early GW they are likely to play cause of Robertson & Man City injuries?
Don’t sub out TAA for Tsimikas. You will regret it later. If you jump to a 4.0 defender and use the funds elsewhere it will be very hard to upgrade to a higher priced defender. Also Ben has had a good preseason but I would still like to see how he performs first before adding him.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Yeah, probably change SMX to Toney. I want a villa back 5 as they have such nice fixtures and they havent conceded a goal in preseason.

I also want my bench to be bit competitive because it's the season opener and teams could have niggling injuries.
Yeah makes sense, think I just want Greenwood in my team. He's guaranteed minutes and he should score hopefully.
I have Toney myself as well.

Paul_Scholes18

I can't get away from Barnes. He is perfect cost for my team. Amazing fixtures, but I was not really sold on him in Community shield. Still he could start on fire potentially.

Greenwood if I go with him is a transfer out once CL start. Barnes I think I can hold to my wildcard.

I would like another pick though, but can't think of anyone that just feels right on all levels. Fixtures, attacking potential, nailedness.

mohr

Don’t sub out TAA for Tsimikas. You will regret it later. If you jump to a 4.0 defender and use the funds elsewhere it will be very hard to upgrade to a higher priced defender. Also Ben has had a good preseason but I would still like to see how he performs first before adding him.
Well yes, if I leave TAA now I probably won't be changing into him until wildcard. But 3.5m difference seems a lot considering they will have the same CS point.

About Benrahma, the other players in my team are template enough so I guess no problem to take 1 punt. Do you think there are better options for <6m MID other than him? I also considering Harrison / Willock / ESR

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Close to being set. .5 ITB.

Barnes spot is the one I'm uncertain about. I've had Mahrez, Raphinha, Benrahma there. Can't seem to land on one.

Paul_Scholes18

Close to being set. .5 ITB.

Barnes spot is the one I'm uncertain about. I've had Mahrez, Raphinha, Benrahma there. Can't seem to land on one.
Uppgrade your Norwich defender. I do not see many if any clean sheets from them even if he plays.

Barnes look like the perfect pick on paper. Cheap attacker from a top team. Having nice fixtures and potentially being nailed.

Still I am not sure about his minutes too much.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Think ive settled on this:

-------------------------Sanchez------------------------
--------------Tsimikas-----------TAA---------Shaw
Barnes---Salah---Fernandes---Greenwood--Gundogan--
---------------------Toney------------Ings---------------

Subs:
(GK) Steele
(DEF) Ayling
(DEF) Veltman
(STR) Scarlett

the_cliff

Thoughts ?

Sanchez
Shaw-TAA-Tsimikas
Benrahma-Mahrez-Fernandes-Salah-Barnes
Antonio-Ings

Bench: Foster-Amartey-Livramento-Obafemi

Bench is terrible, Do plan to downgrade Mahrez after the Norwich game though and put the rest on defense.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I find TAA to be too expensive. I think there are better options. Though admittedly I don’t have a clue what I’m talking about.
Think about it this way - would you be happy if a 7.5 striker or midfielder scored close to or over 200 points in a season? If yes then you stick with him.

RedDevil@84

I find TAA to be too expensive. I think there are better options. Though admittedly I don’t have a clue what I’m talking about.
That's what I thought last season. But he brings ridiculous points. Especially if the Pool front 3 are back to goal scoring form. TAA is a must have. He is miles ahead of others in that position

Paul_Scholes18

Shaw is better I think, but I have both.

City picks risky or boring like Dias.
Chelsea picks risky or boring like Rudiger.

Castagne, Cresswell/Coufal and Digne could match TAA with the early fixtures, but I do not trust them to start well.