Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That's a good point. Most people also thinking of TC Salah. I got into a fortunate position where I have 9 DGW players this week and can also field 11 next week. I bet you a few single game week players will actually be the MVPs this week though.
That's the risk. Ronaldo v Leeds and Cancelo v Tottenham could easily double digit, whilst I bring in say Tierney and Kane and they either only play 1 each or just 1/2 point each game.

I think my "safest" play is Jota to Saka, hope Weigy plays both (he's been stated fit by Dychey) and either leave it at that, or do a -4 elsewhere to a doubler who has a high ceiling.
That leaves the two boys I mentioned in line 1 in.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's going to bite me in the butt saying this but having gone all out on two previous DGW's and not been as fruitful as I wanted. I don't think it's great going for a lot of Spurs players.
City away as one of their games is a huge offputter.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
That's a good point. Most people also thinking of TC Salah. I got into a fortunate position where I have 9 DGW players this week and can also field 11 next week. I bet you a few single game week players will actually be the MVPs this week though.
This is another reason the FH isn't popular. Many of the SGW players you might ship out for doublers could easily punish you this week.

Whether it's City players against Spurs, Bowen/Antonio against Newcastle, United players against Leeds, someone like Broja against Everton, Villa players against Watford, etc. Even through fts people are benching players with perfectly strong chances of returns, let alone on FH.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Ok it's done. 2 free transfers Salah and Saka in for Foden and Jota. Bus team is currently

Foster
TAA
Cancelo Cucurella
Salah (tc) Saka Olise Bowen Bruno
Dennis
Maupay

Subs: DDG, Watkins, Cash, Lowton

It's not ideal but I don't need to use a chip next week either with this team plus I have a decent captain option in Bruno.

Really tempted to take a hit for an Arsenal defender as I have no coverage there and it will be another player towards GW30 and a potential second double for Arsenal in 28. White in for Cucurella frees up £0.6m to get Tarkowski/Mee in next week with Weghorst for Maupay. I fancy Burnley more in their second double.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think something like this:

Ramsdale (Foster)
Reguillon TAA Robertson (Ait Nouri, Dalot)
Saka Son Salah Bowen (Brownhill)
Lacazette Jiminez Dennis

0.5m spare.

10 doublers, and Bowen - good fixture, great form.

Downsides - hard to fit Kane and Tierney in.
Is Leeds away the best game to not have Ronaldo for...

couple of sleeps to work on it...
I am wondering if Wolves/Arsenal CBs are better because of aerial threat and the fact that they could be more likely to play both games?

Tierney is fragile and Air Nouri was rested in a recent game

I am on…

Pope

TAA - Gabriel - Saiss - Robertson
Salah - Saka - Zaha - Son
Lacazette - Jimenez

I think Reguillon might only play once and could well be the City game!

Could keep Bowen in and go for Mane instead of Son (as a differential) and leave out Robertson too. Mane is tempting if he were to play both games against such poor oppo.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I am wondering if Wolves/Arsenal CBs are better because of aerial threat and the fact that they could be more likely to play both games?

Tierney is fragile and Air Nouri was rested in a recent game

I am on…

Pope

TAA - Gabriel - Saiss - Robertson
Salah - Saka - Zaha - Son
Lacazette - Jimenez

I think Reguillon might only play once and could well be the City game!

Could keep Bowen in and go for Mane instead of Son (as a differential) and leave out Robertson too. Mane is tempting if he were to play both games against such poor oppo.
Zaha is a good angle. Can't stand him personally, but he's one of those that can get a 15 pointer every couple of months types.
Gab and Saiss probably firmer bets yes.

Just feel that Ramsdale is critical as one of the 3 Arsenal.

Dan_F

Advice now that I have to get rid of Jota…

I can remove Jota for Salah, but then I have to get rid of either Bruno or Ronaldo. I’d probably get Saka if it was Bruno, I’m struggling to see a striker to replace Ronaldo out of the ones that double, maybe punt on Lacazette?

I feel like Bruno is more likely to start with the Champions League on Wednesday, but Ralf doesn’t seem to bother with rotation in the Premier League anyway. I’d have Watkins off the bench against Watford if Ronaldo didn’t play at all.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
So Salah about to rise and Jota about to fall. I've done my transfers, Bruno, Ronaldo and Jota to Salah, Kane and Cornet (-4):

Foster
TAA
, Tierney, Cancelo
Cornet, Salah(tc), Bowen, Raphinha
King
, Kane, Édouard

Subs: DDG, Cucurella, Keane, Gray

Bolded players dgw.

The team looks sexy on paper so fully expecting it to be a shit show :lol:

SB16

As someone who's still kind of a beginner at FPL, I'm curious to know what you all consider to be "too much" of a hit for a big DGW like this? -8? -12? More? My ML rival (50 points behind me) has Coady, White, and Ramsdale (I don't have any) all of whom have DGWs. Would cost me a -8 to "balance" two of his DGW players + get Salah. Is that worth it? Could be less if I did Bruno -> Salah but want to keep the former for Leeds and Watford.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
As someone who's still kind of a beginner at FPL, I'm curious to know what you all consider to be "too much" of a hit for a big DGW like this? -8? -12? More? My ML rival (50 points behind me) has Coady, White, and Ramsdale (I don't have any) all of whom have DGWs. Would cost me a -8 to "balance" two of his DGW players + get Salah. Is that worth it? Could be less if I did Bruno -> Salah but want to keep the former for Leeds and Watford.
Stick your team up, that’ll help

SB16

Stick your team up, that’ll help
Thanks for your reply! My team is:

DDG (Sanchez)
TAA Cancelo Digne (Reguilon Rudiger)
Saka Bruno Jota Bowen Coutinho
Dennis (Antonio Hwang)

[For reference, my rival's team is

Ramsdale (Sanchez)
TAA Cancelo White Coady (Reguilon)
Bowen Jota Bruno KDB (Ramsay)
Dennis (King Broja) ]

So Salah about to rise and Jota about to fall. I've done my transfers, Bruno, Ronaldo and Jota to Salah, Kane and Cornet (-4):

Foster
TAA
, Tierney, Cancelo
King
, Kane, Édouard

Bolded players dgw.

My team looks about as sexy as a Scouse prostitute. I’ve only got five doublers.

my problem is I look at Cancelo or Digne and think that if I take them out, their replacement has to not only beat the score that Cancelo/Digne/etc would have got BUT four points on top.

So will Tarkowski get four more points against Brighton (away) and Spurs (home) than say Digne would v Watford (home)?

And he’d only be a short term tfr so I’d have to tfr back and lose money on the sell/buy difference. AND I like both Cancelo and Dignes fixtures.

And Ben Cretin chases DGWs which is putting me off.

Teja

My team looks about as sexy as a Scouse prostitute. I’ve only got five doublers.

my problem is I look at Cancelo or Digne and think that if I take them out, their replacement has to not only beat the score that Cancelo/Digne/etc would have got BUT four points on top.

So will Tarkowski get four more points against Brighton (away) and Spurs (home) than say Digne would v Watford (home)?

And he’d only be a short term tfr so I’d have to tfr back and lose money on the sell/buy difference. AND I like both Cancelo and Dignes fixtures.

Yeah it's not super appealing to chase this DGW. I'm staying put with players I like - I rotated out of United players (DDG, Bruno) to DGW players (Sa, Kane) so I have 6 players on DGW with TC on Salah. Might still come back to bite me because we have a couple more good fixtures left, but should be the right long term call.

Rest are Digne, Cancelo, Bowen, Coutinho, Alonso. I don't really want to get rid of any of those.

Thanks for your reply! My team is:

DDG (Sanchez)
TAA Cancelo Digne (Reguilon Rudiger)
Saka Bruno Jota Bowen Coutinho
Dennis (Antonio Hwang)

[For reference, my rival's team is

Ramsdale (Sanchez)
TAA Cancelo White Coady (Reguilon)
Bowen Jota Bruno KDB (Ramsay)
Dennis (King Broja) ]
Neither of you have Salah? Brave.

Jota looks unlikely to play much, if at all… injured, Firmino back and scored and Klopp has other short term options to save Jota and hopefully get him back for Cup final. That’s one to look at changing.

DDG to Ramsdale could well be worth a hit as DGW and you have Sanchez to slot in when Ramsdale misses week after. When Ramsdale back, Arsenal fixtures v good, better than Uniteds.

Id consider Reguilon to Coady. I’m not a fan of Reguilon and Spurs look shite. Also mirrors your opponent so can’t lose points in that position.

Other than that, teams looks decent.

Have you got any Free transfers available… if so, a tfr for a DGW player is def worth it. If not, have to ask “Will new player out score old one and by at least four points?”

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

That's the best opening since Inglorious Basterds :lol:

For me, a hit feels great when it pays off instantly but should be looked more as a long term thing. For example, can Tarkowski outscore Cancelo over 4-5 games? (Spoiler alert: no).

If you have one or two fringe players you can swap to DGW players, it's worth it. Otherwise, don't.

I was planning to get rid of Jota after this GW. Now he's injured. My first sub is Cucurella, who is decent but can Cornet outscore him over these next 2 GWs?

Cucurella (Burnley, Villa)
Cornet (Brighton, Spurs, Palace, Leicester)

He definitely should.

After his two doubles are up, he's becoming Saka.

paulscholes18

Foster
TAA
, Tierney, Cancelo
King
, Kane, Édouard

Bolded players dgw.

Don't trust Cornet to score anymore than 4 points same as Raphinha otherwise I would happily take out Jota for a il-4, ATM my team is.

Ramsdale
TAA
Cancelo Reguilon
Salah
Jota Bowen Lucas
King Kane Weghorst

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Don't trust Cornet to score anymore than 4 points same as Raphinha otherwise I would happily take out Jota for a il-4, ATM my team is.

Ramsdale
TAA
Cancelo Reguilon
Salah
Jota Bowen Lucas
King Kane Weghorst
You've done well there. I feel Ramsdale will do really well.

Jota is the only flaw I guess. Saka is the best replacement if you can navigate next week with that transfer.

I don't trust Cornet either and wanted Saka but then it would leave me with 9 next week (Salah, TAA, Tierney and Saka all blank). I also have Gray, who is injured. So I can't bring in Saka as it will mean next week I will have 9 players. 10 once I use my transfer.

With Cornet in now, he has two DGWs (so minimum 8 pointer coming).

It allows me to get Gray out for Ramsey next week, so I can have 11 players (only Salah, TAA and Tierney out).

Then after Cornets second double, he goes out and Saka comes in so I can maximize his upcoming doubles.

But all the best plans get screwed because this is FPL :lol:

SB16

Neither of you have Salah? Brave.

Jota looks unlikely to play much, if at all… injured, Firmino back and scored and Klopp has other short term options to save Jota and hopefully get him back for Cup final. That’s one to look at changing.

DDG to Ramsdale could well be worth a hit as DGW and you have Sanchez to slot in when Ramsdale misses week after. When Ramsdale back, Arsenal fixtures v good, better than Uniteds.

Id consider Reguilon to Coady. I’m not a fan of Reguilon and Spurs look shite. Also mirrors your opponent so can’t lose points in that position.

Other than that, teams looks decent.

Have you got any Free transfers available… if so, a tfr for a DGW player is def worth it. If not, have to ask “Will new player out score old one and by at least four points?”
Cheers!

I am going to bring in Salah for Jota, but will need to take out Antonio to make that happen. Current plan is something like Jota + Antonio + Reguilon for White + Salah + Broja. Not ideal perhaps but one that works budget-wise. Trying to keep Bruno for the games vs Leeds and Watford.

I suspect he'll do KDB -> Salah at the very least.

That's the best opening since Inglorious Basterds :lol:

For me, a hit feels great when it pays off instantly but should be looked more as a long term thing. For example, can Tarkowski outscore Cancelo over 4-5 games? (Spoiler alert: no).

If you have one or two fringe players you can swap to DGW players, it's worth it. Otherwise, don't.

I was planning to get rid of Jota after this GW. Now he's injured. My first sub is Cucurella, who is decent but can Cornet outscore him over these next 2 GWs?

Cucurella (Burnley, Villa)
Cornet (Brighton, Spurs, Palace, Leicester)

He definitely should.

After his two doubles are up, he's becoming Saka.
Great film and Waltz’s performance in that opening is brilliant. Tarantino is a genius to spend so much time on it, the change of language, the pipe, the calmness… what a twat Landa was? (watched PF recently, hadn’t seen for ages… man, it’s still fantastic!)

(edit, now I have Mickey Rourke in his Sin City character saying “she was about as sexy as a Scouse prostitute” in my head).

Anywho, feel free to suggest changes… but not the team name. That stays until I win FPL.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Great film and Waltz’s performance in that opening is brilliant. Tarantino is a genius to spend so much time on it, the change of language, the pipe, the calmness… what a twat Landa was? (watched PF recently, hadn’t seen for ages… man, it’s still fantastic!)

(edit, now I have Mickey Rourke in his Sin City character saying “she was about as sexy as a Scouse prostitute” in my head).

Anywho, feel free to suggest changes… but not the team name. That stays until I win FPL.

A lot depends on money you have...

You're relying heavily on City here and in a week packed with DGW players, a single benching could hurt (although you have decent bench, so that will soften the blow).

I would say swap Maupay to someone but there barely any value in that price bracket.

If you put a gun to my head, I would say Foden to Saka could be decent:

- Foden is in the Pep roulette
- Saka has the best double
- You still have enough players to field 11 next week
- After next week, Arsenal have a good run

But if Foden bangs, you'll kill me so it's totally up to you!!!

Nickosaur

Pulled the trigger on getting in Salah and Saka. Team is (dgw players in bold):

Ramsdale
TAA
Cancelo Davies White Rudiger
Salah (TC) Saka Bowen
Antonio Dennis

Bench: Twatkins, Gallagher, Maddison

Torn on having Rudiger/Twatkins/Gallagher in the team. May take a hit to get Watkins out for Weghorst which would probably answer that question.

paulscholes18

Maupay To Edouard (or Weghorst if dyche says he fit to play)

paulscholes18

You've done well there. I feel Ramsdale will do really well.

Jota is the only flaw I guess. Saka is the best replacement if you can navigate next week with that transfer.

I don't trust Cornet either and wanted Saka but then it would leave me with 9 next week (Salah, TAA, Tierney and Saka all blank). I also have Gray, who is injured. So I can't bring in Saka as it will mean next week I will have 9 players. 10 once I use my transfer.

With Cornet in now, he has two DGWs (so minimum 8 pointer coming).

It allows me to get Gray out for Ramsey next week, so I can have 11 players (only Salah, TAA and Tierney out).

Then after Cornets second double, he goes out and Saka comes in so I can maximize his upcoming doubles.

But all the best plans get screwed because this is FPL :lol:
You’re tempting me to do something similar could go for Cornet as that would give me 11 playing players next week so I could bank my transfer and go for Robertson and Saka the week after. Wait and see what Klopp says tomorrow.

Paul_Scholes18

So a big call will be. Sanchez or De Gea out for Ramsdale, Robertson or Van Dijk in for Reguilon?

I think I want 3 Liverpool players. They got the best doubles and are in great defensive form.

I could even go Allison, but I rather have Ramsdale long term.

Robertson and Van Dijk both in good form.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Maupay To Edouard (or Weghorst if dyche says he fit to play)
I think Édouard is not a great shout and regret getting him in myself. With Olise, Zaha, Édouard, Mateta (and even Ayew and Bentekkers), there will be lots of rotation at palace.

A lot depends on money you have...

You're relying heavily on City here and in a week packed with DGW players, a single benching could hurt (although you have decent bench, so that will soften the blow).

I would say swap Maupay to someone but there barely any value in that price bracket.

If you put a gun to my head, I would say Foden to Saka could be decent:

- Foden is in the Pep roulette
- Saka has the best double
- You still have enough players to field 11 next week
- After next week, Arsenal have a good run

But if Foden bangs, you'll kill me so it's totally up to you!!!
Zilch, nada.

Foden to Saka is a maybe but because of zero itb, i can’t go back unless I get some price rises elsewhere. That said, Saka could be a keeper because of fixtures.

will think. Ta

(edit. Maupay to Broja maybe… good fixtures)

Last edited:

Pickle85

Took a -8 to do Dias to TAA, KdB to Son and Foden to Saka. Bring on the weekend!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Pulled the trigger on getting in Salah and Saka. Team is (dgw players in bold):

Ramsdale
TAA
Cancelo Davies White Rudiger
Salah (TC) Saka Bowen
Antonio Dennis

Bench: Twatkins, Gallagher, Maddison

Torn on having Rudiger/Twatkins/Gallagher in the team. May take a hit to get Watkins out for Weghorst which would probably answer that question.
I like the 5 at the back approach and I do think soome defenders will go big again this week.

I'm itching to get some Wolves and Arsenal cover back there but not sure it justifies the hits.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Zilch, nada.

Foden to Saka is a maybe but because of zero itb, i can’t go back unless I get some price rises elsewhere. That said, Saka could be a keeper because of fixtures.

will think. Ta

(edit. Maupay to Broja maybe… good fixtures)
Of course! Broja isa great shout. Oh, and Foden just dropped on price :(

Dan_F

Any strikers worth getting in for a hit instead of Dennis and Ronaldo?

It’s so tough to justify removing a double game week player for a hit, and well, Ronaldo is Ronaldo but I guess I could straight swap for Kane.

saivet

Be interested to hear whether Cavani is fit. If he is, I expect Ronaldo to be benched but if not I may just keep Ronaldo for another week and get shot of Antonio, even if he has Newcastle at home.