Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Paul_Scholes18

The most spectacular thing going against me is in draft.

I got Zaha and my biggest rival got Schmeichel.

I knew when I did see there was a pen that he would miss.

Luckily he scored after so that helped.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The most spectacular thing going against me is in draft.

I got Zaha and my biggest rival got Schmeichel.

I knew when I did see there was a pen that he would miss.

Luckily he scored after so that helped.
Just be glad you didn't have a scenario I had one.

I had the keeper and pen taker, so thought there was some decent points coming either way...

Nope. The twat punted it over the bar :D

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Realised there's 6 teams with a double not just 4. That confirms I think that it's free hit time.

Anyone put a decent FH template together?

Son is flying at the moment, but I have Kane & Kulu. Is all 3 a bit overkill for a single?
Which City options?
Maddison, Saka, Weigy, Broja, Leicester defender/Newcastle defender all looking sensible picks too.

Paul_Scholes18

Just be glad you didn't have a scenario I had one.

I had the keeper and pen taker, so thought there was some decent points coming either way...

Nope. The twat punted it over the bar :D
Haha yes that is quite funny.

Zaha and pens often go against you he is not really that good. He scored vs Arsenal so quite big since I had benched Ramsdale.

Paul_Scholes18

Realised there's 6 teams with a double not just 4. That confirms I think that it's free hit time.

Anyone put a decent FH template together?

Son is flying at the moment, but I have Kane & Kulu. Is all 3 a bit overkill for a single?
Which City options?
Maddison, Saka, Weigy, Broja, Leicester defender/Newcastle defender all looking sensible picks too.
Schmeichel
Schär Gabriel TAA
Son Maddison Saka Bruno
Wood Ronaldo/Lacazette Kane

Maybe not have TAA, but he is kind of safety if we are shit. I think Telles is not really better or Burnley defenders etc.

I understand you can't afford everyone so maybe go without Kane or Ronaldo.

The best part of a free hit feels like having Son for me personally. None of the doublers impress me a lot.
Maddison is decent, but may get rested one game.

Paul_Scholes18

Anyone considering Weghorst has lost the plot
I got him and I think it is hard to justify starting him.

The players that compete for a spot right now are Rudiger, Doherty, Kulusevski with one game and Broja with two.

I guess I will bench or sell Rudiger, but I think Spurs are playing so well right now that I can't bench them.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Who are peoples 3 strikers ?

Why do I have Dennis who has 1 return in 13 weeks :lol: Time to get rid to Toney

shazzmufc

Anyone considering Weghorst has lost the plot
Couldn’t agree more. I don’t think anyone should be bringing Weghorst in, even on a FH. If you have him already, you could consider keeping him only because there’s a double gameweek coming up next. I think he’s going to be dropped, though.

If you watch their games, it looks like Burnley are playing around him rather than with him - he struggles to get on the ball, doesn’t win enough aerial battles, doesn’t really link up the play, hardly has any shots / attempts on goal, etc. Because of his physique I initially thought he’d be playing more of a link-up role with Cornet (and vice-versa) similar to how Toney is functioning with Mbeumo for Brentford, but it’s not really panning out that way. Maybe he just needs a goal to lift his confidence, but at the moment Burnley look better without him on the field (which also isn’t saying much).

I’ve decided I want him out of my team despite the DGW. As I said I think he’s going to be dropped so I’m banking on that slightly, and I see more benefit to my team by dropping to a 4.5 and getting the funds into defense/midfield (since I already have Kane and 2 FTs).

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The next captain choice could be make or break. Salah/Son/Kane all good shouts, plus Saka and Martinelli with doubles.

Paul_Scholes18

The next captain choice could be make or break. Salah/Son/Kane all good shouts, plus Saka and Martinelli with doubles.
I can't justify captain Kane. Even if he hauls then Son hauls more and it is one game.

I probably go Saka. Southampton just conceded 6 goals. Chelsea conceded 4 to Brentford as well.

Would love to have Lacazette, but too late getting him. Would love to have Bruno, but I think Salah/Son is not 4 points worse.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I can't justify captain Kane. Even if he hauls then Son hauls more and it is one game.

I probably go Saka. Southampton just conceded 6 goals. Chelsea conceded 4 to Brentford as well.
It's between Son and Salah for me (what with us being shit), and maybe Saka too. Tough one, but in reality there's no point overthinking it so will go with whatever feels right next Friday.

Paul_Scholes18

It's between Son and Salah for me (what with us being shit), and maybe Saka too. Tough one, but in reality there's no point overthinking it so will go with whatever feels right next Friday.
I think Son and Kane will be popular captains despite a single.

Think it will be quite spread. Those with Bruno will captain him, but I doubt more than 10% own him.
Salah with 15%, Kane 20%, Son 20%, Saka 20%.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I know Salah is the fpl GOAT but surely we can step it up against them and Salah not in the best form of his life at the moment?

Who am I kidding :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

I know Salah is the fpl GOAT but surely we can step it up against them and Salah not in the best form of his life at the moment?

Who am I kidding :lol:
I can see Salah getting rested. Liverpool has so many games left. Thus there is one super easy game left.

I am probably keeping Salah for this one. I think I have far too many fires to justify a -4 for Bruno and then a -4 to sell Bruno.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Current team (doublers in bold)

Ramsdale
TAA, Cancelo, Rudiger
Barnes, Saka, Salah, Maddison
Weghorse-shit
, Kane, Broja

Or FH team (doublers in bold)

DDG
White
, Cancelo, Schar
Son, KDB, Saka, Barnes, Fernandes
Kane

It's 6 DGW players even on FH and not sure that team looks any better?

Paul_Scholes18

Current team (doublers in bold)

Ramsdale
TAA, Cancelo, Rudiger
Barnes, Saka, Salah, Maddison
Weghorse-shit
, Kane, Broja

Or FH team (doublers in bold)

DDG
White
, Cancelo, Schar
Son, KDB, Saka, Barnes, Fernandes
Kane

It's 6 DGW players even on FH and not sure that team looks any better?
Just not having Weghorst is an improvement. I feel he is the next guy to get a red card for my team if I keep playing him.

I would not free hit though if you only got one.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Just not having Weghorst is an improvement. I feel he is the next guy to get a red card for my team if I keep playing him.

I would not free hit though if you only got one.
Nah I got two and if I don't do one this week, not sure when I can?

GW34 is an option
GW35 is an option
GW36 is BB
GW37 is FH2
GW38 (can't FH as I am using one in GW37)

Zen

Everyone and their Mum now bringing in my boy end of season bench boost banker KDH - great! :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

Nah I got two and if I don't do one this week, not sure when I can?

GW34 is an option
GW35 is an option
GW36 is BB
GW37 is FH2
GW38 (can't FH as I am using one in GW37)
I say you should have used it gameweek 30, 27, 28 etc. With hindsight 28 had insane scores for the popular picks that round. 27 failed with 3 Burnley strategy, but at least you did not need to keep Weghorst.
Me though brought him back in.

I feel you need to use it now. Just I feel all the best players got only 1 game.

Even going without or with Cancelo, TAA etc could work either way. I do not feel massive confidence in them yet not seeing anyone better.

I would probably punt on 4-5 from Chris Wood, Lacazette, Bruno, Ronaldo, Schär, Maddison etc.
Although still have Son and Kane in it just in case they smash it again.

With defenders there is noone I like a lot. I can't see any team keeping two clean sheet.
Best chance is Newcastle I think followed by Arsenal and us.

El-Manos

Schmeichel
Schär Gabriel TAA
Son Maddison Saka Bruno
Wood Ronaldo/Lacazette Kane

Maybe not have TAA, but he is kind of safety if we are shit. I think Telles is not really better or Burnley defenders etc.

I understand you can't afford everyone so maybe go without Kane or Ronaldo.

The best part of a free hit feels like having Son for me personally. None of the doublers impress me a lot.
Maddison is decent, but may get rested one game.
I have most of those so I will save my FH I reckon.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Despite them having doubles I'm actually considering taking out both Ramsdale and that donkey Weghorst. Would bring in Schemichel and Broja I think to free up the funds to get Foden or Jota in for 34.

Schmeichel (Foster)
James Cancelo Robertson Schar (Amartey)
Maddison
Saka Salah Kulu (Gordon)
Kane Broja (Watkins)

No idea who to captain either. Probably Salah because if he can get his form back against anyone, it'll be us.

Moby

Dick
No idea who to captain either. Probably Salah because if he can get his form back against anyone, it'll be us.
His performances haven't been too bad. Yeah that Watford game was weird and he couldn't get past that Kamara guy but fatigue played a part. He got a return yesterday and looked decent as the game went on. Liverpool are clearly very much in the race and he's still their main man. So playing at home against us he's still a strong captaincy option.

The only thing that is putting me off him a bit is how Liverpool now actually don't completely depend on him for goals with Jota coming up with goals every game and Mane being there as well but mainly Jota being so productive. So he can now just draw defenders out wide and let others take advantage. But he's still a massively hungry goalscorer and we saw him making those runs into the box yesterday. He won't stay too long without scoring. And with his really good underlying stats it could come this week with the added incentive of the rivalry.

Paul_Scholes18

Pukki is in good form. 3 goals and an assist in last 5 games. Has doubles coming up as well. We always have a few mistakes at the back and given the dearth of strikers it's a decent pick.
It is funny that he is free. I have had him before, but moved to DCL when he got back.

He is actually doing well even for a poor Norwich.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
This GW33 FH is gonna ruin me I know it.

I might get Son and skip Kane. Will drop TAA, Salah and Cancelo. Will get in KDB. Can have something like (DGW bolded):

Schmeichel
Maguire, Schaar, Burns

KDB, Barnes, Saka, Fernandes, Son
Wood, Ronaldo

I think that looks worse than my actual team :lol:

Maybe I don't chase DGW players and line up with the below (DGW bolded):

Schmeichel
Cancelo, Schaar, Maguire
KDB, Barnes, Saka, Fernandes, Son
Kane, Broja

RedDevil@84

Should I do James to Alonso or any non Chelsea defender in my draft? Is James supposed to be back starting soon?

Paul_Scholes18

FH latest draft (DGW in bold):

Schmeichel
Telles,
Laporte, Schar
Son, Barnes, Fernandes, Saka, KDB
Ronaldo, Wood

Subs: Foster, Cedric, Veltman, Dobin

Thoughts anyone? @Moby @Sandikan @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @CassiusClaymore @others
Laporte to Gabrie/White/Burn I think. KDB to Kane.

Although depend how much risk do you want to take?

I think I would go double Newcastle or Leicester def if you go risky. I think they have best chance for double clean sheet.

We have best odds for 1 clean sheet only so more safe I guess.