Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Current team:

Ramsdale, Sanchez
TAA, Robertson, James, Doherty, Dalot
Salah, Saka, Kulu, Maddison, Raphinha
Kane, Broja, Weghorst

Planning on BB. 2 FT.

Raphinha and Doherty have to go. What would be the best move?

A) Raphinha, Doherty to Martinelli, Schar
B) Raphinha, Doherty to Martinelli, Laporte
C) Raphinha, Doherty, Dalot to Martinelli, Laporte, Schar (-4)
D) Raphinha, Doherty, Weghorst to Martinelli, Cancelo, Mateta (-4)
E) Raphinha, Doherty to KDH, Cancelo

Something else? Fund Cancelo by doing Salah to Son?

Do you think it is ok to have Dalot in a BB? Does he start this DGW? Or do I need to bin for someone like Laporte (can't fund Cancelo).

Which one out of Laporte/Rudiger/Alonso to get this week from that price bracket?

@Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @CassiusClaymore @Other big FPL bois
Have this weird feeling Cancelo will be rested for one of the few times this season. Euro quarter, Liverpool, and then Brighton! Looks a great place for a rest with Zinky fresh.
Schar seems a decent very cheap option.

Dalot I have a bad experience of. Barely got me any points for the weeks I had him! And could easily only play 1 game, and can we be certain it's Norwich!

Rudiger can score headers, Alonso can haul, and Laporte is currently their key centre back. But Dias is back on the bench ready to come back in soon.
So it's all very difficult to judge.

Paul_Scholes18

Have this weird feeling Cancelo will be rested for one of the few times this season. Euro quarter, Liverpool, and then Brighton! Looks a great place for a rest with Zinky fresh.

Dalot I have a bad experience of. Barely got me any points for the weeks I had him! And could easily only play 1 game, and can we be certain it's Norwich!

Rudiger can score headers, Alonso can haul, and Laporte is currently their key centre back. But Dias is back on the bench ready to come back in soon.
Cancelo is suspended in CL. Laporte rested in my opinion more likely than Cancelo since Dias and Stones may start.

Moby

Dick

Just thinking Dalot has played last two home games and against Norwich he could play.

I think it's best to get Martinelli and Schar for this GW and roll with the BB. I can decide which city or Chelsea def to bring next GW as Chelsea could have a dgw in 34 so would rather get Rudiger then whereas getting him for a hit now seems early.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
And when City wheel out Ake and Dias at the back, and Zinky at left back you will be weeping.
I will put Targett and Taylor on my bench to protect myself from the fraud. Though with just 1 point over Liverpool I don’t think he will be trying to mess around with their squad too much.

Paul_Scholes18

So thinking to take a -12. Schär, Cancelo, Bruno, Maddison, Wood in.
I think it can pay back this round, but worry about needing another -8 to fix my team for next doubles.

I have Weghorst who I should maybe keep faith in.

Edit. Most seeem to think Weghorst will play and Barnes be benched.
Thus I might keep him over Wood. Most likely they both blank to be fair.
Then I can downgrade that position to get money for Mount.

Last edited:

Dan_F

feck sake. Cucho out for the season. He was never going to be in my 11 but enabled funds to go elsewhere.

My wildcard really has been a complete waste. I’ll have to leave him in or look to downgrade Havertz.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cancelo is suspended in CL. Laporte rested in my opinion more likely than Cancelo since Dias and Stones may start.
Could still get rested as he will just have played an intense euro quarter, and then the FA cup semi, with only a few days to the next one.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ronaldo fun option, with Amartey starting. With almost no bench?

Or Wood & Cancelo option with Amartey benched?

Although I could go Dalot instead of Telles and use the extra 0.9m to get a couple of firmer subs like White and someone?

@Moby @Dirty Schwein

How does that sound as a method of best of both worlds?
Nice amount of doublers, the "fun" Ronaldo/Kane/Bruno triple up (While still having a top mid of Son, Kulu, Maddison and Saka), and 3 doubling defenders and keeper too.

Paul_Scholes18

Could still get rested as he will just have played an intense euro quarter, and then the FA cup semi, with only a few days to the next one.
Yes he could. Still I think he stays on the bench if it is the case.

Between him and Maddison they are both risky, but Cancelo feels more safe.

Paul_Scholes18

Think I am set on Bruno in.

Best captain in theory apart from Ronaldo.

If you are having a bad season like me no point playing it safe.

Either Salah keeps his bad form and I can win by selling him.
Or he smash it and is the popular captain every week in the future with no chance for me to gain rank if he does well.

If he smash it Liverpool wins the league and I fail so going with the heart and bet on a United win to stop them with Bruno goal.

Tempted to add Telles, Maguire or Lindelöf, but I think Cancelo is clearly better in the long run and even if Salah blank Liverpool will likely score 1.

If we get two doubles I still expect at best 2 clean sheets and likely just one vs Norwich.

Fabian Keller

I wouldn't listen to Paul_Scholes 18. The dude just claimed he's having a bad season, is going to sell Salah before a match against us (!!) and is also tempted to add maguire/lindelof to his team.

Havertz over Broja all day. Broja is 2 points max.

Moby

Dick

Although I could go Dalot instead of Telles and use the extra 0.9m to get a couple of firmer subs like White and someone?

@Moby @Dirty Schwein

Nice amount of doublers, the "fun" Ronaldo/Kane/Bruno triple up (While still having a top mid of Son, Kulu, Maddison and Saka), and 3 doubling defenders and keeper too.
Yeah you gotta get Ronaldo on a FH. Leicester likely play their subs vs Newcastle and amartey could play.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
And when City wheel out Ake and Dias at the back, and Zinky at left back you will be weeping.

@Moby @Dirty Schwein

it sounds like the thing you should do on a FH and then moan here later. I'm doing something similar.

Wood and Cancelo option feels better

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Current team:

Ramsdale, Sanchez
TAA, Robertson, James, Doherty, Dalot
Salah, Saka, Kulu, Maddison, Raphinha
Kane, Broja, Weghorst

Planning on BB. 2 FT.

Raphinha and Doherty have to go. What would be the best move?

A) Raphinha, Doherty to Martinelli, Schar
B) Raphinha, Doherty to Martinelli, Laporte
C) Raphinha, Doherty, Dalot to Martinelli, Laporte, Schar (-4)
D) Raphinha, Doherty, Weghorst to Martinelli, Cancelo, Mateta (-4)
E) Raphinha, Doherty to KDH, Cancelo

Something else? Fund Cancelo by doing Salah to Son?

Do you think it is ok to have Dalot in a BB? Does he start this DGW? Or do I need to bin for someone like Laporte (can't fund Cancelo).

Which one out of Laporte/Rudiger/Alonso to get this week from that price bracket?

@Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @CassiusClaymore @Other big FPL bois
I like option C. Good for short and long term.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
it sounds like the thing you should do on a FH and then moan here later. I'm doing something similar.

Wood and Cancelo option feels better
Sod it, i've found a solution i'm happy with.

9 doublers & Son and Kane. Plus 2 fillers who could play on the bench as security. (Trying not to remember the time Brownhill hauled on the last double game from the bench!)
No Cancelo and had to sacrifice Kulu, but Son coming in counter balances that as well as keeping Kane.
Weighed up Dalot over Telles for more funds, but I think Telles has more chance of playing 2 and attacking returns.

Dubravka (3.9m)
Schar Telles Amartey (Livra, Tsim)
Bruno (c) Saka Maddison Son (Brownhill)
Ronaldo, Kane, Wood.

Only question is Ronaldo or Bruno cap.
Have it on Bruno at the moment.

Son is another option, but surely have to go doubler.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

9 doublers & Son and Kane. Plus 2 fillers who could play on the bench as security. (Trying not to remember the time Brownhill hauled on the last double game from the bench!)
No Cancelo and had to sacrifice Kulu, but Son coming in counter balances that as well as keeping Kane.
Weighed up Dalot over Telles for more funds, but I think Telles has more chance of playing 2 and attacking returns.

Dubravka (3.9m)
Ronaldo, Kane, Wood.

Yeah go double. If ronaldo was guaranteed 180 minutes it would be him but he is not guaranteed to start both so go Bruno.

I'm the same team as you but have Salah instead of Isn't too hedge my bets a little.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Schmeichel
Cedric, Schar, Telles

Salah, Maddison, Saka, Bruno, Son
Ronaldo, Wood

Subs: Foster, Veltman, Manquillo, Dobbin

Or

Schmeichel
White, Schar, Telles
Maddison, Saka, Bruno,
Son
Ronaldo, Wood, Kane

Subs: Foster, Dewsbury-Hall, Veltman, Manquillo

Really need some help here @CassiusClaymore @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Sandikan @Moby @others

Moby

Dick

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Done my team:

Schmeichel
Cancelo, Telles, Schar
Son, Saka, Martinelli, Bruno
Kane, Wood, Ronaldo

Subs: Steel, Veltman, Brownhill :lol:, Tsimikas

Apart from Salah, that's all the big hitters covered plus 8 doublers.

Happy with that.

Moby

Dick
I like option C. Good for short and long term.
Martinelli and Schar for Doc and Raph is certain.

Do you think it's better to take -4 for Laporte now or to wait to decide that 4th premium defender next week as Chelsea could have a double? I could pick one from Laporte Cancelo Rudiger Alonso etc based on how things look. Cancelo will need a hit but I don't mind downgrading Weghorst after I've used by BB this GW. What say?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Martinelli and Schar for Doc and Raph is certain.

Do you think it's better to take -4 for Laporte now or to wait to decide that 4th premium defender next week as Chelsea could have a double? I could pick one from Laporte Cancelo Rudiger Alonso etc based on how things look. Cancelo will need a hit but I don't mind downgrading Weghorst after I've used by BB this GW. What say?
For me, Cancelo is as essential as TAA. As nailed as it gets with Pep, best defense in the league, gets attacking returns and bps constantly.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

Dubravka (3.9m)
Ronaldo, Kane, Wood.

Be weary with Maddison. All the talk on Leicester forums is how he will get rested. None of the Leicester boys are nailed assist from the GK.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Dubravka (3.9m)
Ronaldo, Kane, Wood.

Amartey is a crap pick and not convinced Maddison starts both games either. Rather downgrade him to someone like JWP and upgrade the 3rd defender to someone half decent.

Bruno easy cap with a decent chance of Ronaldo benched at Anfield.

Moby

Dick
For me, Cancelo is as essential as TAA. As nailed as it gets with Pep, best defense in the league, gets attacking returns and bps constantly.
Then that definitely goes to next week because out of all those he was the only one who needed a hit which would be downgrading Weghorst so can only be done next week.

Moby

Dick
Be weary with Maddison. All the talk on Leicester forums is how he will get rested. None of the Leicester boys are nailed assist from the GK.
Maddison likely rested vs Newcastle and plays vs Everton but overall yeah long term Leicester guys look bad because their schedule is awful.

Maddison still plays 120 minutes vs two rather average to poor defense and would be quite highly owned.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Maddison likely rested vs Newcastle and plays vs Everton but overall yeah long term Leicester guys look bad because their schedule is awful.

Maddison still plays 120 minutes vs two rather average to poor defense and would be quite highly owned.
Me taking him out this week allows Cancelo, who can easily match, if not surpass, whatever Maddy gets.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Is Cornet a viable option for this week? Was thinking of putting him in for Jota for the double (+ Jota being a rotation risk) but going without Liverpool player for what appears to be their easiest game of the season looks ridiculously risky. Then again there are few games left, I am sitting comfortably ahead in my MLs and this would be a massive differential that would either elevate me in the overall standings or end my season (most likely the latter).

I could be looking at:

Dubravka
Laporte Cancelo Telles
Bruno Son Sancho Cornet Saka
Kane Wood

Last edited:

suheilsworld

Bruno or Ronaldo?
- if I go Bruno then I’ll have Wood as my striker
- if I go Ronaldo, then I’ll have Cornet as my midfielder

the other big price players I have are Cancelo, Salah and Kane

shazzmufc

Who to captain between Son, Kane and Salah?

Not going for Maddison as I don’t think he’s going to play 180 minutes, and both fixtures are away (not as easy as they might appear). Similarly concerned about Salah’s minutes. Basically can’t choose between Son and Kane