Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
For all my looking down the league, to try and hold 8th, I was neglecting that 6th and 7th have been melting down.

7th just about holds a 6 point lead or so, having been very lucky to get Pukki 8 and Bowen 14 from bench subs 2 and 3.
The Bowen one is annoying!

Paul_Scholes18

60 points if you include the -12. 38 of those from Richarlison.

I got to say my captain call lucked me out.

Although on paper my team looked really good I think. The only one I feared and did consider was Maddison, but was not sure he would start twice.

Paul_Scholes18

Ended on 102. Think I've won my mini league unless something crazy happens.
Congrats the free hitters won big time. It was a perfect storm. Leicester smashed it with all popular picks starting twice and doing well.
Salah injury that fecked all none free hitters. City failed, Liverpool rotated, Arsenal did awful and Chelsea did fairly badly.

Granted no free hit sides got clean sheets, but neither did the teams with popular defenders so just getting the extra points per game was enough for doublegameweek wins.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
A 137 bench boost followed by a 108 free hit, back in the game in the work league amid much weeping and gnashing of teeth. The chips NEVER work out like that for me. God bless you all.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
Congrats the free hitters won big time. It was a perfect storm. Leicester smashed it with all popular picks starting twice and doing well.
Salah injury that fecked all none free hitters. City failed, Liverpool rotated, Arsenal did awful and Chelsea did fairly badly.

Granted no free hit sides got clean sheets, but neither did the teams with popular defenders so just getting the extra points per game was enough for doublegameweek wins.
My greatest disappointment was Kulu coming on for the final 11 minutes and picking up a yellow
Doesn't get much worse

RedDevil@84

92 points in my draft. With 90 points in last week and this, I made a late late scare on the 2nd spot guy who was comfortably ahead. I have been 3rd for 18 weeks and now only 17 pts separate us.
Though it is almost impossible for me to beat his Kane, KDB, Mane, Cancelo combination, it was fun to give him a late scare.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I literally had the succession of three worst weeks in my FPL history. Got 60 points this week while my league rival got 117 and he has now overtaken me by 35 points. Over 3 rounds of games he has turned a 117-point deficit into 35-point lead by making some truly risky choices. What a disaster for me.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Ahead in the work league by 7 pts, overtook the fella who has been in first nearly all season.

Dilemma now, current XI to start Sunday

Schmikes
Alonso, TAA, Robertson
KdB, Son, Raphina, Cornet
Nketiah, Richarlison, Weghorst

Sub, Foster, Clyne, Coutinho, Digne

I was thinking of taking a -4, KdB out and someone like Kulu in, and Kane in for Weghorst since Spurs should trounce Norwich and need to anyway to guarantee CL. Either way I need a striker in as Everton are safe so probably on the piss, Nketiah is also no guarantee to score

The fella in work has a weak team so will also be doing transfers I’d say (he was 60 ahead on average for ages, just struggled last 3 GWs where I was able to gain back)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Ahead in the work league by 7 pts, overtook the fella who has been in first nearly all season.

Dilemma now, current XI to start Sunday

Schmikes
Alonso, TAA, Robertson
KdB, Son, Raphina, Cornet
Nketiah, Richarlison, Weghorst

Sub, Foster, Clyne, Coutinho, Digne

I was thinking of taking a -4, KdB out and someone like Kulu in, and Kane in for Weghorst since Spurs should trounce Norwich and need to anyway to guarantee CL. Either way I need a striker in as Everton are safe so probably on the piss, Nketiah is also no guarantee to score

The fella in work has a weak team so will also be doing transfers I’d say (he was 60 ahead on average for ages, just struggled last 3 GWs where I was able to gain back)
I wouldn't be taking out KDB for a hit mate. Surely the best captain option this week outside of Son and Kane.

If you want to take a hit maybe look at removing Coutinho (too much money to have on the bench) and one of Weghorst (who's lost his place) or Richarlison (who looked like he had a knock again). Mount/Maddison/Barnes/Kulu/Foden all good picks for Coutinho. Toney is a good shout for striker. Jesus maybe if you can stretch to him.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
My situation is this...1 point behind the leader in our mini league with 1 FT each

My team...

Pickford (Foster)
James Cancelo Schar (Cash) (Amartey)
Mane Kulu Saka Coutinho (Gordon)
Kane Jesus Richarlison

£2.3m in the bank

His team...(am guessing his first 11 before transfers)

Schmeichel (Foster)
Cancelo TAA Robertson (Mings) (Cedric)
Son Kulu Maddison Saka (Gordon)
Watkins Richarlison (Weghorst)

£6.7m in the bank

He's obviously going to bring in Kane and has hinted at Toney as well so I think that's his front 2. His defence is gonna kill me if/when Liverpool keep a clean sheet against Wolves so I have to pray for a miracle there (a Wolves goal :lol: )

My advantage over him is Mane, Jesus and James if they all play. All capable of hauls on their day. My worry is James, Schar and Amartey all miss out and leave me with 2 at the back.

So......I will take a -4 to match him (and so I can keep the above 3 players). My two best options I think are

a) Coutinho & Rich out for Son & Nketiah ... captain Son and hope my differentials outscore his. Will Nketiah defo play thought with it being Laca's last game?

or

b) Coutinho & Rich out for KDB & Gelhardt (Leeds need something from that game) ... ignore Son and go full differential. Captain Kane, Mane or KDB.

@Moby @Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson & anyone else...help me out chaps.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
My situation is this...1 point behind the leader in our mini league with 1 FT each

My team...

Pickford (Foster)
Kane Jesus Richarlison

£2.3m in the bank

Schmeichel (Foster)

£6.7m in the bank

He's obviously going to bring in Kane and has hinted at Toney as well so I think that's his front 2. His defence is gonna kill me if/when Liverpool keep a clean sheet against Wolves so I have to pray for a miracle there (a Wolves goal :lol: )

My advantage over him is Mane, Jesus and James if they all play. All capable of hauls on their day. My worry is James, Schar and Amartey all miss out and leave me with 2 at the back.

So......I will take a -4 to match him (and so I can keep the above 3 players). My two best options I think are

a) Coutinho & Rich out for Son & Nketiah ... captain Son and hope my differentials outscore his. Will Nketiah defo play thought with it being Laca's last game?

or

b) Coutinho & Rich out for KDB & Gelhardt (Leeds need something from that game) ... ignore Son and go full differential. Captain Kane, Mane or KDB.

@Moby @Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson & anyone else...help me out chaps.
Get in Son. 7 points is only one goal so you don't have to go too differential. My worry is his overall defense...

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Get in Son. 7 points is only one goal so you don't have to go too differential. My worry is his overall defense...
Yeah I can't do anything about that defence now which is why I need that Wolves goal. Maybe Klopp sees City are 3 goals up at half time and takes his full backs off. You never know...

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

My team...

Pickford (Foster)
Kane Jesus Richarlison

£2.3m in the bank

Schmeichel (Foster)

£6.7m in the bank

or

First one. Can't see Arsenal playing Lacazette for any 'last hurrah'... 4th place at stake

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
First one. Can't see Arsenal playing Lacazette for any 'last hurrah'... 4th place at stake
Yeah in my head that's the right move although most Arsenal fans seem to think it's a dead rubber.

Apparently Schar is a late decision and might do some outside work today. I reckon Lascelles will play, James will be benched and I'll have a back 2 of Cancelo and Cash. Eurgh.

RK

My team...

Pickford (Foster)
Kane Jesus Richarlison

£2.3m in the bank

Schmeichel (Foster)

£6.7m in the bank

or

I wouldn't take a points hit to be honest. Just Coutinho to Bowen or whichever City/Liverpool mid-range mid you fancy a punt on (Jota/Diaz/Mahrez/Foden).
I'd lean towards Foden.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I wouldn't take a points hit to be honest. Just Coutinho to Bowen or whichever City/Liverpool mid-range mid you fancy a punt on (Jota/Diaz/Mahrez/Foden).
I'd lean towards Foden.
And go without Son? Eek. Then I have to hope he does nothing and that Liverpool concede. Not sure that stress is worth a 3 pt lead (99% sure he takes a hit on the transfers I said).

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
I was on my Free Hit the past week. Totally forgot that Salah was injured. Not sure he’ll be starting this one.
If he’s near fitness they’ll probably bring him on.

Means I can do a one week punt on anyone. Already have Diaz, Saka, Son and Coutinho.
Could go for KDB, Mane, Maddison. God knows.

Im leading in 4 of my money leagues so not chasing points.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I was on my Free Hit the past week. Totally forgot that Salah was injured. Not sure he’ll be starting this one.
If he’s near fitness they’ll probably bring him on.

Means I can do a one week punt on anyone. Already have Diaz, Saka, Son and Coutinho.
Could go for KDB, Mane, Maddison. God knows.

Im leading in 4 of my money leagues so not chasing points.
KDB surely.

RK

And go without Son? Eek. Then I have to hope he does nothing and that Liverpool concede. Not sure that stress is worth a 3 pt lead (99% sure he takes a hit on the transfers I said).
To be honest I think all the options (a, b, no-hit) are quite close in terms of expected points, so go with the one that makes you most comfortable. Easier to regret your own mistake than someone else's (I hope it works out either way!)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
To be honest I think all the options (a, b, no-hit) are quite close in terms of expected points, so go with the one that makes you most comfortable. Easier to regret your own mistake than someone else's (I hope it works out either way!)
Cheers. Hoping to hold on as long as possible tbh. Might even get some leaked team news on Sunday.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Cheers. Hoping to hold on as long as possible tbh. Might even get some leaked team news on Sunday.
It so comes down to Wolves mate. If you get son and wolves score... You can win this. Remember, your defense isn't half bad either. James can easily match one of the two pool defenders. You need to hope mane outscores the other one, which is not unrealistic. You can still win this

Paul_Scholes18

Very tricky situation. My team is

Sanchez Pickford
Schär, Taylor, James, Robertson, Cancelo
Mount, Zaha, Saka, Kulusevski, Son
Kane Nketiah Richarlison

The fixtures are pretty good for all my outfield players. Richarlison and Zaha got poor fixtures in theory, but us and Arsenal on our days can defend like absolute crap and are also pretty good at giving away pens.

Was thinking Schär to Jansson, but if Schär is fit then I like to keep him.
Burnley vs Newcastle could see a clean sheet, but Burnley will go for it. Still both sides I count as low scoring sides rather than high scoring ones.
Thus if we see a 0-0 this might be the most likely game for it.

James might not start and Schär might not either and if Klopp decide to do something stupid and bench Robertson for a third in a row it could be real bad.

With keepers I have no idea who I want cause Sanchez vs West Ham is not ideal. I think Allison is the best bet in theory. If anyone hauls I think it is Raya or Dubravka or possibly Schmeichel as they have good fixtures for both clean sheets and saves.

Moby

Dick

My team...

Pickford (Foster)
Kane Jesus Richarlison

£2.3m in the bank

Schmeichel (Foster)

£6.7m in the bank

or

I'd suggest you wait a bit...