Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Paul_Scholes18

But are you really going to play 5atb on most weeks? If not, why would you want a 5m defender at the very least on the bench?

For instance, TAA and Shaw are going to play every week irrespective of opposition, Digne has good starting fixtures so I'm assuming he'd play every week in the beginning as well. Reguillon is going to play atleast 4 of the first 6 games and I believe Coufal will have to play 5 of the first 6. So, do you really want 5 atb?
No it will mostly be 4-3-3, but the option to go with 5 defenders.

I think Cavani, Antonio and Watkins starts every game. Raphinha and Smith Rowe can rotate with the defenders.

I feel it is fairly solid, but one 5.5 and 4.5 might be better for making transfers.

Andi Latte

Pretty happy with that atm:

Bachmann
Shaw - TAA - Targett
ESR - Salah - Buendia - Sancho - Fernandes
Toney - Antonio

Subs: Foster, Davis (AVL), Ayling, Omobamidele

0.5 ITB

Not super-balanced as it stands. The plan going forward though would be to maybe transfer Sancho/Bruno to Son GW2 (depending on performances, alternative is Targett -> Reguilon), playing 4 atb GW3 (bench ESR for Ayling) while banking a transfer and then maybe do 3 transfers for GW4, courtesy of a hit, such as Buendia out, maybe 'keepers if Watford are shite, get some Celsea and Leicester players in, stuff like that.

Or just realize everything I thought out so meticuously is shit after all and WC aggressively in GW3, like last season. And the one before...

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It's Reguilon being overlooked?

Nuno is a defensive manager
Reguilon is very attacking
After Man City, Spurs fixtures aren't that bad
He's only 5.0
Jamie Redknapp loves him

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

He's only 5.0
Jamie Redknapp loves him
I have no City, Chelsea or Spurs players in my 15 till week 6. I will wildcard after that and bring in Doherty. He was massive for Wolves under Nuno. Reguilon still has Davies and Sessegnon for competition.

Paul_Scholes18

He's only 5.0
Jamie Redknapp loves him
Yeah that City game is what scares me a bit, but if I go with 5 strong defenders I can bench him.

Not sure how nailed he will be, but Nuno is not really big on rotation.

There is always a risk picking players under a new manager, but also a big chance to get something better.

It is interesting that Lloris is 5.5, but Reguilon and Doherty are 5.0. Given how attacking Reguilon is that is good value. I guess the problem for Reguilon is his lack of bonus points, but if he gets a clean sheet with assist he will surely get some bonus points unless Kane and Son both smash it in the same game.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Yeah that City game is what scares me a bit, but if I go with 5 strong defenders I can bench him.

Not sure how nailed he will be, but Nuno is not really big on rotation.

There is always a risk picking players under a new manager, but also a big chance to get something better.

It is interesting that Lloris is 5.5, but Reguilon and Doherty are 5.0. Given how attacking Reguilon is that is good value. I guess the problem for Reguilon is his lack of bonus points, but if he gets a clean sheet with assist he will surely get some bonus points unless Kane and Son both smash it in the same game.
I'm a bit skeptical on your 5 defender plan mate...

Except TAA, defender's ceilings are no way as high as a MF (or even a striker). Spreading money across the defense also makes attacking transfers much more difficult.

I have no City, Chelsea or Spurs players in my 15 till week 6. I will wildcard after that and bring in Doherty. He was massive for Wolves under Nuno. Reguilon still has Davies and Sessegnon for competition.
I currently have Cancelo but I may downgrade him to Coufal. But then I don't know what to do with the £1m spare... I can always keep it in the bank...

Paul_Scholes18

Except TAA, defender's ceilings are no way as high as a MF (or even a striker). Spreading money across the defense also makes attacking transfers much more difficult.

I currently have Cancelo but I may downgrade him to Coufal. But then I don't know what to do with the £1m spare... I can always keep it in the bank...
Well I always like having 5 options to rotate with defenders.

In previous years there have been good gems for cheap. Lundstram was pretty amazing and yes I benched him for his first big haul before I started playing him more regulary. Wan Bissaka I also benched for his first haul, but he was a perfect 4.0 backup guy for Palace and he did amazing job to cover for Benjamin Mendys injury and I got two clean sheets from the bench with him.
Last year I thought Dallas/Ayling, Justin and Vinagre was potentially really good 4.5 options. Had 3 from them and not Dallas.
Vinagre proved to be a disaster and his replacement Lamptey did not really do more than show promise for hauls.
If one cheaper gem comes fourth I will go with them, but I think defenders offer good value if you get the right ones.

We will see which gems we get in midfield and attack.

I think Saka can be one so maybe I should pick him over Smith Rowe? Both potential after 3-4 games to be really good picks.
Bowen/Fornals new signings for West Ham could be great, but maybe risk for rotation.
Raphinha and Harrison could start well.
Welbeck could be a bandwagon with those fixtures for Brighton, but might also get injured when you get him.
Not seeing many 5.5 forwards that will be great, but maybe a nailed Watford striker could be good I guess. They have so many though so I need help with who is nailed from them.
Sarr could be the one too I guess.
Buendia?

So lots of talk here, but it feels tricky to figure out who the bandwagon will be, but getting another 6.5 midfielder over Smith Rowe might help if I want to transfer that guy out.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Well I always like having 5 options to rotate with defenders.

In previous years there have been good gems for cheap. Lundstram was pretty amazing and yes I benched him for his first big haul before I started playing him more regulary. Wan Bissaka I also benched for his first haul, but he was a perfect 4.0 backup guy for Palace and he did amazing job to cover for Benjamin Mendys injury and I got two clean sheets from the bench with him.
Last year I thought Dallas/Ayling, Justin and Vinagre was potentially really good 4.5 options. Had 3 from them and not Dallas.
Vinagre proved to be a disaster and his replacement Lamptey did not really do more than show promise for hauls.
If one cheaper gem comes fourth I will go with them, but I think defenders offer good value if you get the right ones.

We will see which gems we get in midfield and attack.

I think Saka can be one so maybe I should pick him over Smith Rowe? Both potential after 3-4 games to be really good picks.
Bowen/Fornals new signings for West Ham could be great, but maybe risk for rotation.
Raphinha and Harrison could start well.
Welbeck could be a bandwagon with those fixtures for Brighton, but might also get injured when you get him.
Not seeing many 5.5 forwards that will be great, but maybe a nailed Watford striker could be good I guess. They have so many though so I need help with who is nailed from them.
Sarr could be the one too I guess.
Buendia?

So lots of talk here, but it feels tricky to figure out who the bandwagon will be, but getting another 6.5 midfielder over Smith Rowe might help if I want to transfer that guy out.
What's your team mate?

Paul_Scholes18

What's your team mate?
It is higher up here. I will probably go Bruno and Toney rather than Cavani and Son though.
I feel if Cavani plays he will score goals though, but his minutes is a worry.

Sancho could win pens though I guess, but also assist Cavani more. Thus does he help Bruno or Cavani the most I am not sure.

I could go Sancho, but I feel it is Cavani or Bruno for me. If I knew Greenwood would play I would consider him too.

Smith Rowe could be uppgraded and defenders downgraded too. Bowen is one I like, but not going to double up on West Ham attack with European games to come.

RDCR07

What’s the rest of your team?

Paul_Scholes18

How is this one? Switched it up again! KDB along with Bruno and Salah looks delish!
I feel putting so much faith in 3 big stars is risky.

You can only captain one of them. Thus having two feels more balanced and spreading the budget.

I feel KDB is a big doubt to start with. Hard fixtures, injury concerns, potential rotation? no pens?, role not clear will he play in midfield or more advanced?, new signings to come.
He will probably get going at some point, but from the start?

Norwich gameweek 2 is a tasty game to captain him though if he is playing and looks good in the first game.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
What’s the rest of your team?
Sanchez
TAA, Coufal, Shaw
Salah, Buendia, Bruno, Raphinha
Watkins, Toney, Antonio

Subs: Steele, White, Ayling, Gilmour

I have £1m in the bank. Can do something like:

Coufal to Cancelo
Toney to Iheanacho
Watkins to DCL (and bank 0.5)

How is this one? Switched it up again! KDB along with Bruno and Salah looks delish!
I don't think you can have 3 £12m+ premiums in your squad, it really damages the balance.

If you are dead set on having 3 premiums, maybe drop Bruno or KDB to Sancho? That way, you can downgrade DCL to a 7.5 and upgrade Obafemi to a 7.5. Suddenly you'll have a decent strike-force, and more importantly, you'll have flexibility.

Paul_Scholes18

Sanchez
TAA, Coufal, Shaw
Watkins, Toney, Antonio

Coufal to Cancelo
Toney to Iheanacho

I don't think you can have 3 £12m+ premiums in your squad, it really damages the balance.

If you are dead set on having 3 premiums, maybe drop Bruno or KDB to Sancho? That way, you can downgrade DCL to a 7.5 and upgrade Obafemi to a 7.5. Suddenly you'll have a decent strike-force, and more importantly, you'll have flexibility.
With that money I would just get Digne. Although we would then have almost identical team if I go with Bruno and Toney.

The difference would be bench and Buendia.

RDCR07

Sanchez
TAA, Coufal, Shaw
Watkins, Toney, Antonio

Coufal to Cancelo
Toney to Iheanacho

You should upgrade to Digne and DCL. Every one is so concerned about Benitez being a defensive manager but they will still attack and still score. Even Mourinho is defensive but we saw what Kane and Son did last year.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
With that money I would just get Digne. Although we would then have almost identical team if I go with Bruno and Toney.

The difference would be bench and Buendia.
Yeah I had him ahead of Coufal earlier. Might actually go back to that to hedge my bets.

You should upgrade to Digne and DCL. Every one is so concerned about Benitez being a defensive manager but they will still attack and still score. Even Mourinho is defensive but we saw what Kane and Son did last year.
I had DCL in my original draft but with James being told he can leave, Sigurdsson may not play and Richarlison will most likely not start... doesn't bode well for DCL, who I don't think will do well without at least two of those three mentioned. Can't see where the creativity will come from.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Robertson, Buendia, Toney

Shaw, Grealish, Toney

Shaw, Buendia, DCL

?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Not the middle one. The other two are decent either way.
Its really down to if I back Shaw to reach Robertson points and I think I do playing with Varane in a better team.

1.5 free could give me bench security too

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm going 433 at the moment just to see which midfielders and expensive attackers are good to get. Safe choice in my opinion aiming for clean sheet points in the first 3 GWs.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

He's only 5.0
Jamie Redknapp loves him
I think I'm waiting to see how they play first under Nuno. But Spurs defense are on the radar or watch list for sure.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That’s an interesting lineup but White & KDB may not start…?
Yeah.. I'm still evaluating KDB but I'm sure White will start as they spent 50m on him if not then my bench will do. I'm just waiting to make sure whether Grealish joins City or no. If yes then let's see if he can start because he will be a cheaper City option.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Haven't seen many lineups with Pickford, wondering why. I have him myself. Seems a fine fire and forget option along with a 4.0 keeper.
I only have him because it's Benitez. Benitez is a bit defensive manager so I expect more clean sheets in Everton under Benitez than under Ancelotti.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I wouldn’t pick Iheanacho as his minutes are not guaranteed. I’d go Watkins/Wilson/Antonio instead, or DCL/Ings if you can free up another 0.5.
I'm not getting Wilson. Absolutely no way :lol:

I can go Antonio, DCL and Toney of I drop Digne to Coufal/Reguilon. My worry with DCL is that Hamez, Siggy and Richarlison will most likely not be there, especially at the start so can't see how he will get the service he needs (bar Digne).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When Grealish moves on, does Buendia make sense and re-invest the 2m extra?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah, I’d say so. You’d have to feel like Villa aren’t going to rest on their laurels with the Grealish cash burning a hole in their pockets. If I was a Watkins owner I’d be worried they sign a better/rotation striker though
I can't see them replacing Watkins, when he cost over 30m, but the bigger concern is that his chances will dry up without Grealish there.
It's a big transfer in terms of knock on effects in our teams.

I think Nacho for Leicester is must have, but the other striker positions are definitely up for grabs.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I just can't find right defence. Midfield and attack are solved but defence is killing me. I have TAA, Shaw and 3 players for 4,5 mil. BUT TAA and one 4,5mil player= Chilwell and Dias. Who to pick there, ffs?