Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I am having an absolute nightmare trying to finalize my strikers. Watkins, Wison and Calvert-Lewis have picked up knocks, plus Ings likely moves Watkins out left where he is not as effective. Ihenacho, they are saying won't start and he has been playing deeper in pre season than he did when he finished the season strong. Kane, Calvani, Richarldson and I believe Jesus have not started training yet. I don't like Bamford's fixtures. Not sure how you trust Toney to score in the Premier like he did in the Championship, is he better or worse than Watkins? I have never been a Ings fan and while I like Antonio and West Ham's early fixtures, he's an injury waiting to happen. Aubameyang or Lacazette anyone?
No

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I am having an absolute nightmare trying to finalize my strikers. Watkins, Wison and Calvert-Lewis have picked up knocks, plus Ings likely moves Watkins out left where he is not as effective. Ihenacho, they are saying won't start and he has been playing deeper in pre season than he did when he finished the season strong. Kane, Calvani, Richarldson and I believe Jesus have not started training yet. I don't like Bamford's fixtures. Not sure how you trust Toney to score in the Premier like he did in the Championship, is he better or worse than Watkins? I have never been a Ings fan and while I like Antonio and West Ham's early fixtures, he's an injury waiting to happen. Aubameyang or Lacazette anyone?
I don't think anyone is expecting him to replicate his championship numbers.

But at 6.5, guaranteed starter and on penalties, he's a great enabler.

If he can get about 10 goals in the season and a couple of assists, he's done his job.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
FIRST DRAFT

Not entirely convinced about the defence yet but waiting to see what happens in the transfer market this week.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
FIRST DRAFT

Not entirely convinced about the defence yet but waiting to see what happens in the transfer market this week.
Good attack and good midfield but I would be careful of picking defensive minded midfielders like Kante and Hojsberg. The big points come from goals and assists and they might not be involved too much.

Same with the CBS at the back. I would throw in at least a couple of fullbacks who might get forward and involved in assists. Otherwise, you are just playing for clean sheets with your defenders.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No, you could have
Sanchez
TAA Shaw Coufal
Salah Bruno Raphinha Willock Greenwood
Ings DCL
That looks superb, although I'd more likely want Antonio in there.

White 4.5m then Amartey or Tsim for 4m would make decent filler too, although I'm assuming the third striker would have to be 4.5m

Will have a look to see if Toney can be squeezed in as a 3rd striker while keeping most of the strengths of this.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Currently going with the below:

GK:

Pickford (Based on good fixtures and euros. However recent performance is giving me doubts again)
Sanchez (Good fixtures, did well last season. Good buy)

DF:

Dunk (Same as Sanchez)
Shaw (Great value and is providing more attacking threat recently)
Coady (A starter and only 4.5. Not much better at that price)
Collins (Good young prospect that they signed for a decent sum. Mainly CB but can play RB and imagine he will break into starting XI)
Mings (Good fixtures, good attacking return, good price)

MF:

Willock (Was immense in second half of last season and will be Newcastle's biggest threat. Favourable fixtures too)
Salah (With Liverpool's fixtures it's hard to leave him out. Not sure about the price tag though)
Greenwood (Expect him to get decent amount of minutes with Rashford out. Always a threat)
Benrhama (Risque signing this one but has had a very good preseason and ended last season well. Bit of a wildcard.)
Fernandes (Again think the price tag may be a bit high but hard to look past. If he has a bad start I can always use the funds to get a city/Chelsea player in after opening fixtures)

FW:

Toney (Favourable fixtures and proven goal scorer. At his price it's worth the gamble)
Antonio (Bit of a streaky player but has had a decent pre season and has good fixtures too.)
Ihenacho (Finished last season strongly and Leicester have a decent run of fixtures to begin with.)

Will no doubt make some further changes before the season starts. Ben White I swear is only 4.5 or 5.0 so think he may be worth getting in for Collins possibly. Not 100% certain on Benhrama either or having both Fernandes and Salah.

When it comes to the forwards it's a real hard one too, a real lack of value this season. When you look at the most expensive 8 strikers none of them you can be confident of starting and scoring most weeks which says alot, and they're mostly in their 30s too.
If Tammy Abraham was to go to Arsenal he would maybe be worth 6.5. Or Martinez to Spurs could be another possible option. Jimenez too has always been a good goal scorer and on penalties but wolves were really poor last season too and he is just back from a long term injury.

Anyway I'm sure my squad will probably change significantly between now and Friday. This is draft one though. Open to any suggestions.

I hear Newcastle have enquired about Nathaniel Phillips who I think had a decent season for Liverpool. At 4.5 I'd get him in straight away if he got a move.

What about varane what price do we think he will be. Do we think he will displace Lindelof.

And who is likely to start in goal between DDG and Henderson. I think I would maybe put one of them in goal for Pickford but then will need to change Fernandes or greenwood too.
It'd still be a Newcastle defender though.
With White & Coady 4.5m and the Amartey and Tsimikas potential starting 4m guys for Leic and Liv, there's a lot of better options.
Possibly Ayling for Leeds too, having seen people's reasons.

devil in me

Can someone suggest 2 out of Jota/Buendia/Raphinha/Barnes or at least rank them
Depends if you're thinking short or long term IMO. Raphina is the pick of those for me, Buendia and Barnes not much between them and Jota I'd have last simply because he might not start many. Iv'e gone Barnes but will bring in Raphina for him after a couple of weeks.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Can someone suggest 2 out of Jota/Buendia/Raphinha/Barnes or at least rank them
Jota - good shout to begin with as Bobby Firms hasn't done any pre-season. He is a bit more expensive than the rest though so that's tying up some money. Don't be surprised if he gets the odd benching. He rarely plays 90 minutes.

Buendia - Assist machine, has previous PL experience and in a good attacking team on paper. I had him from the start but only just removed him. Mainly for two reasons. Firstly, he had a slight knock and missed their last game. more importantly, I realized that DCL is a donkey and swapped him for Ings, so I don't want to double up on Villa as their fixtures fall off a cliff after GW3 and I don't want to book in two transfer.

Raphinha - Massively under-priced and in a very attacking team. He is staying in my team all year unless he gets injured.

Barnes - I swapped Buendia for him. He looks electric and in a good team with attacking riches to spare. My issue with him is the minutes. Will he get enough minutes considering Leicester have so many attacking players?

After keeping the same draft for ages, injury to players has forced my hand into a new draft:

Sanchez
TAA, Shaw, Coufal
Barnes, Salah, Bruno, Raphinha
Toney, Ings, Antonio

Subs: Steele, White, Ayling, Gilmore

The only question marks are:

Coufal vs. Reguilon
Is Barnes the best option?

Thoughts would be appreciated...
Would love some more opinion on this. Really can't make my mind up.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Jota - good shout to begin with as Bobby Firms hasn't done any pre-season. He is a bit more expensive than the rest though so that's tying up some money. Don't be surprised if he gets the odd benching. He rarely plays 90 minutes.

Buendia - Assist machine, has previous PL experience and in a good attacking team on paper. I had him from the start but only just removed him. Mainly for two reasons. Firstly, he had a slight knock and missed their last game. more importantly, I realized that DCL is a donkey and swapped him for Ings, so I don't want to double up on Villa as their fixtures fall off a cliff after GW3 and I don't want to book in two transfer.

Raphinha - Massively under-priced and in a very attacking team. He is staying in my team all year unless he gets injured.

Barnes - I swapped Buendia for him. He looks electric and in a good team with attacking riches to spare. My issue with him is the minutes. Will he get enough minutes considering Leicester have so many attacking players?

Coufal > Reguillon, yes.

I like Barnes as well. Brenton was beaming about him yesterday as well but with the caveat that he's not fully match fit yet. I think he'll start games early doors but maybe get hooked on 70 mins or so. Hopefully has done the damage by then.

Last edited:

Hercules

My 1st XI:

Ederson

Wan-Bissaka__Azpilicueta__Tierney

Sancho__Soucek__Tielemans__Bruno (c)__Saka

Bamford___Werner (Thinking about replacing him)

Bench

Foster, Targett (Villa), Wood (Burnley), Goode (Brentford)

I need to re-think about my striking options, Bamford will be playing us away in the 1st GW and Werner is well, Werner.

saivet

Second draft...

Sanchez, Bachman
TAA, Shaw, Amartey, Lowton, Targett
Salah, Barnes, Soucek, Bruno, Harrison
Antonio, Toney, Maupay (?)

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

You nearly made me to go for Reguilon then i realised how fecked up is their schedule. I must avoid this thread till friday.
I went for Amartey and Grealish. feck it. I hope that i will not regret ditching Digne and Buendia.

But if Ole says on Friday that Cavani is starting then.....more problems

JakeTheRed

My 1st XI:

Ederson

Wan-Bissaka__Azpilicueta__Tierney

Sancho__Soucek__Tielemans__Bruno (c)__Saka

Bamford___Werner (Thinking about replacing him)

Bench

Foster, Targett (Villa), Wood (Burnley), Goode (Brentford)

I need to re-think about my striking options, Bamford will be playing us away in the 1st GW and Werner is well, Werner.
No Salah or Trent?

Madness

Rumour is Arsenal after Maddison which may help Barnes’ minutes. While Leicester have bought another forward, I think that impacts on Grandpa Vardy and Ian Nacho rather than Barnes.

Coufal, fixtures.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
You nearly made me to go for Reguilon then i realised how fecked up is their schedule. I must avoid this thread till friday.
I went for Amartey and Grealish. feck it. I hope that i will not regret ditching Digne and Buendia.

But if Ole says on Friday that Cavani is starting then.....more problems
Say what? I don't even have Reguilon and can't decide if he's worth it so not sure how I would have done that :lol:

I assume you meant Raphinha... if so, his first 5 fixtures are: United, Everton, Burnley, Liverpool, Newcastle. That's 3 good fixtures in 5 and even the other 2 are not enough to put me off. Leeds scored against United, Liverpool, City and every other top team. The way they play, they can get goals against anyone... After that, they have West Ham, Watford, Soton, Wolves and Norwich... happy days!

Rumour is Arsenal after Maddison which may help Barnes’ minutes. While Leicester have bought another forward, I think that impacts on Grandpa Vardy and Ian Nacho rather than Barnes.

Coufal, fixtures.
Yes, I think I'll stick with the way I have it. Love Barnes and nice to have an exciting pick that isn't in every team.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Looking for a £6m midfielder at the moment and got my eye on the Willock transfer to Newcastle. Would give me a Bruno draft that looks like this...

Bachman (Foster)
TAA Shaw Coufal (Ayling) (Omobamedile)
Willock Salah Bruno Barnes Jota
Ings Antonio (Obafemi)

which I quite like.

Say what? I don't even have Reguilon and can't decide if he's worth it so not sure how I would have done that :lol:

I assume you meant Raphinha... if so, his first 5 fixtures are: United, Everton, Burnley, Liverpool, Newcastle. That's 3 good fixtures in 5 and even the other 2 are not enough to put me off. Leeds scored against United, Liverpool, City and every other top team. The way they play, they can get goals against anyone.
If we lose Saturday, it’s your fault.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
So.....
Martinez
Tierney, Wan Bissaka, Cresswell
Gundo, Greenwood, Salah, Bruno,
Toney, Ings, Iheanacho

Currently. It's a fecker, nailing down that first 11.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So.....
Martinez
Tierney, Wan Bissaka, Cresswell
Gundo, Greenwood, Salah, Bruno,
Toney, Ings, Iheanacho

Currently. It's a fecker, nailing down that first 11.
Greenwood and Gundogan are good options for first few games but then I'd be worried about rotation.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Looking for a £6m midfielder at the moment and got my eye on the Willock transfer to Newcastle. Would give me a Bruno draft that looks like this...

Bachman (Foster)
TAA Shaw Coufal (Ayling) (Omobamedile)
Willock Salah Bruno Barnes Jota
Ings Antonio (Obafemi)

which I quite like.
I like that team. My only slight concern is having two players on the bench that probably wont play. Maybe swap Omobamedile for Amartey?

If we lose Saturday, it’s your fault.
Yes, they can score against anyone but anyone can score against them. We're all good don't worry :lol:

Moby

Dick
But @Sandikan overall I'm definitely leaning towards a no TAA draft. Liverpool have great fixtures but their defense wasn't great last season and now with Robertson injured and VvD coming back from a long absence it's a bit dicey spending big on their defense. Think those funds are better used in midfield. Especially as you can find loads of good 5-5.5 replacements in defense.

But @Sandikan overall I'm definitely leaning towards a no TAA draft. Liverpool have great fixtures but their defense wasn't great last season and now with Robertson injured and VvD coming back from a long absence it's a bit dicey spending big on their defense. Think those funds are better used in midfield. Especially as you can find loads of good 5-5.5 replacements in defense.
Spooky.

Was just thinking same thing and now have a team that includes Bruno, Salah and Kane... and the rest looks ok too, including a playing bench.

Not 100% (and the way things are going, there'll probably be a load of moves and/or injuries yet) but may keep it.

Moby

Dick
Spooky.

Was just thinking same thing and now have a team that includes Bruno, Salah and Kane... and the rest looks ok too, including a playing bench.

Not 100% (and the way things are going, there'll probably be a load of moves and/or injuries yet) but may keep it.
Yeah. Think there's more value in midfield. I'm going with Bruno Salah and Son. Hoping to downgrade Bruno to Sancho to bring in TAA later if he's firing.

slored1

My team:
Sanchez
Rudiger - Webster - Shaw
Barnes - Salah(C) - Bruno(VC) - Greenwood
Toney - Iheanacho - Ings

Have my doubts about picking Iheanacho but have a feeling that he will start.

Lebowski

Current draft

Sanchez (Forster)
TAA Shaw Coufal White (Ayling)
Salah Bruno Willock Raphinha (Smith Rowe)
Ings Antonio (Toney)

The Everton fan in this thread put me off Digne and DCL, and I was already on the fence because of the new manager factor and question marks over their role in a potentially more defensive Benitez system.

Fairly happy with how it looks so far and confident it will get me through to GW5 with the flexibility to swap a big hitter (likely Bruno) for either Kane or Lukaku if they become must owns, although it feels a bit cookie cutter and generic.

Moby

Dick
Love this team, the midfield is brilliant. Are you nervous with no TAA for those opening Liverpool fixtures?
Indeed I am. But I'd be equally nervous with no Son as he seems to be playing up front now and was already bagging doubles last season for fun so it's making that choice. Explained more here.

Norris Cole

FIRST DRAFT

I would swap out Kante for someone more offensive. Or if you want a Chelsea player - Jorginho as he is almost nailed on to take all penalties which could easily be 5+ goals a season.

Would pie off Hojberg for an attack minded player, or a cheap nailed 4.5 (eg Bissouma) and re-invest elsewhere

Paul_Scholes18

So I like this draft and it might be my team. Any ideas?

Sanchez Bachmann
TAA Shaw Tierney Ayling Amartey
Greenwood Raphinha Salah Son Mahrez
Ings Toney Obafemi.

Not a fan of Omafemi, but no way to uppgrade him without removing a mid or TAA. Lukaku I probably bring in if good value though.
Although Lukaku without pens might not be worth 11 million or so.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You are not taking TAA for his defense.it's his attacking returns that stands out.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Who will be the left back for Liverpool? Is It going to be Milner ?