Fantasy Premier League 21/22

bakalopp

What you all think about Che Adams ? He is first choice, and i have feeling he might be better than last season, has to be. :D

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Yeah I understand. But it has to come with the clean sheets to make him worth it.
Not really. Despite their troubles this guy still got 160 points last year. Despite all the injuries, still got 10 clean sheets, only 4 short of title winning season.

Personally TAA is a must have and worth every penny. You are basically getting returns of a 6.5 midfielder from a defender. Raphinha is 6.5 and got only 133 points last year. So is it really worth having Raphinha above TAA? Again, strictly personal opinion :)

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Slightly better.

I really like this and I’m going to move towards a team like this but most likely with Bamford instead of Ings. The thing is the opening fixtures. Bruno will bang. Jota will bang. Barnes looks primed. Mount/havertz have palace at home. Raphinias fixtures are tough but clean up nicely. Grealish and son playing each other. Shaw Bruno and Raph playing each other. Toney playing white if Amartey doesn’t start etc. While you have a blank canvas play the fixtures and then change your team towards that as the fixtures clear up?

Last edited:
Coufal > Reguillon, yes.

I like Barnes as well. Brenton was beaming about him yesterday as well but with the caveat that he's not fully match fit yet. I think he'll start games early doors but maybe get hooked on 70 mins or so. Hopefully has done the damage by then.
What about Digne over Coufal?

Pickle85

What you all think about Che Adams ? He is first choice, and i have feeling he might be better than last season, has to be. :D
I wouldn't...I reckon he's awful. Also, aren't they bringing that lad from Blackburn in?

RedDevil@84

I played FPL draft for the first time with my friends and somehow I ended up getting Pickford as my second keeper. I want to get rid.

I can pick from Meslier, Lloris, Schmeichel, Sanchez, Areola, Guaita, Fabianski, McCarthy, so anyone except the big guns.

It is draft and so money is not a problem. Any suggestions?

Paul_Scholes18

I played FPL draft for the first time with my friends and somehow I ended up getting Pickford as my second keeper. I want to get rid.

I can pick from Meslier, Lloris, Schmeichel, Sanchez, Areola, Guaita, Fabianski, McCarthy, so anyone except the big guns.

It is draft and so money is not a problem. Any suggestions?
I like Lloris, but maybe not enough saves. Can see clean sheets.

Sanchez can still be good I guess, but I can see them potentially regress. Not always bad for a keeper since saves comes in cames you often struggle in.
That is why I like having him for 4.5. Either Brighton defend well and get clean sheets or they decline and he gets save points.

ROFLUTION

Anyone thinking Reece James? Bound to get a pile of assists with Lukaku in the side
Too much rotation with Hudson Odoi for my taste. I'd go for Chilwell if I had to choose one. Maybe Azpilicueta, as he's shown stability season after season.

El-Manos

2nd draft
Sanchez
Dias shaw TAA (amartey) (manquillo)
Salah Bruno willock raphinha ( smith Rowe)
Ings Toney antonio

Skills

Snitch
I feel like Lukaku or kane will be a must have after they make their respective moves

Paul_Scholes18

I feel like Lukaku or kane will be a must have after they make their respective moves
You think they get pens straight away? Lukaku maybe not since Jorginho is really good at them.

If Kane joins City then he should get them I guess.

Paul_Scholes18

2nd draft
Sanchez
Dias shaw TAA (amartey) (manquillo)
Salah Bruno willock raphinha ( smith Rowe)
Ings Toney antonio
Two 4.0 feels a bit risky in def. I would uppgrade one of them.

Smith Rowe or Willock you could sacrifice.

Skills

Snitch
You think they get pens straight away? Lukaku maybe not since Jorginho is really good at them.

If Kane joins City then he should get them I guess.
Lukaku will get them I think. He's their record signing CF so they'll want him to get a few easy goals to at least alleviate the goalscoring pressure.

Skills

Snitch
Does Ings' move to Villa make him a more attractive prospect? I thought he was much better value at S'oton

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Probably not a massive difference I think. Both teams scored a similar amount of goals last season.
Villa have a much better attack. Ings will get more chances and I think he is good enough to convert them. He scores 15-20 goals this year for them.

Paul_Scholes18

Villa have a much better attack. Ings will get more chances and I think he is good enough to convert them. He scores 15-20 goals this year for them.
A main reason for Villas attack starting so well was Grealish. Without him we do not know how well it will be.

Harold_Giles

Kasper (Begovic)
Targett - Shaw - Coufal - Dias (Tsimikas)
Bruno - Salah - Jota - Benrahma (Townsend)
Ings - Antonio (Toney)

Tsimikas, seeing Robertson might be out. If he starts the first 2 games against Norwich and Burnley it'll probably be worth the eventual replacing in a few weeks.
Any idea if Townsend will be a regular at Everton?
I do think Benhrama has the potential to have a great season, so I took a punt on him at 6m

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
A main reason for Villas attack starting so well was Grealish. Without him we do not know how well it will be.
They at least have Buendia and Bailey, with Watkins there too. Ings should have plenty chances and is good enough to finish them. Soton have the canteen staff in midfield.

Paul_Scholes18

They at least have Buendia and Bailey, with Watkins there too. Ings should have plenty chances and is good enough to finish them. Soton have the canteen staff in midfield.
Yeah we will see how they perform. I have Ings as well. Quite like him, but Villa is hard to know how they will be.

You can say they overperformed a bit last season and might find it harder. Or these new signings will improve them and take them higher up.

Southampton will be up and down again with some periods of looking really good and then turn to shit like against us in the 9-0 game.

Still they usually score goals even when they struggle at least in the easier games.

Jacob

Kane + Raphina or
Bruno + Toney?

Got 3 liverpool players, 3 united but none from Chelsea, City, Spurs or Leicester.

3vra

I have few solid players for whole season mainly in defence plus Bruno other players i picked are the ones who had very good preseason and have nice first 3 fixtures

GK:

Sanchez 4,5
Foster 4,0

DEF:

TAA 7,5
Shaw 5,5 (1 assist)
Digne 5,5
Coufal 5,0
Amartey 4,0

MID:
Bruno 12,0 (1 goal)
Greenwood 7,5 (1 goal)
Jota 7,5 (2 goals)
Mahrez 9,0 (3 goals/2assists)
Benrahma 6,0 (2 goals, 3 assists)

FOR:
Antonio(3 goals, 1assist)
Toney 6,5 (3 goals, 1 assist)
Rodriguez 5,5 (4 goals, 1 assist)

This is what It looks like right now,

Other players i am thinking of

Son, Alli, Buendia, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Grealish,DCL, Martial, Kane, Lukaku, Watkins, Ings but need more info so probably gonna include them later.

the best part is, i have never been so pleased with my team before season start and on top of that still have 2,5 in the bank.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Kasper (Begovic)
Targett - Shaw - Coufal - Dias (Tsimikas)
Bruno - Salah - Jota - Benrahma (Townsend)
Ings - Antonio (Toney)

Tsimikas, seeing Robertson might be out. If he starts the first 2 games against Norwich and Burnley it'll probably be worth the eventual replacing in a few weeks.
Any idea if Townsend will be a regular at Everton?
I do think Benhrama has the potential to have a great season, so I took a punt on him at 6m
Honestly, I never like the idea of taking punt in GW1. I tried it before so many times and always fail. Always go for proven one is usually the safe option for GW1. But I guess 1 player is not going to make you regret it.

Paul_Scholes18

Convince me this isn't the best possible 11:

Sanchez
TAA - Shaw - Coufal
Salah - Bruno - Jota - Raphinha
Ings - Antonio - Toney
I think Greenwood is better than Jota for the first 3 if he plays. Not fully convinced about Jota playing every game either.
Barnes another semi risky option and Gundogan.

West Ham might decline when Europe starts too so maybe another defender than Coufal?
Coufal is in and out of my drafts though so might still go with him.

Same with Antonio. If I go 3 strikers I probably go the 3 you got to be fair.

Can't say the 11 is not balanced though. Pretty good distribution of money. I guess your bench is weak and that can be a problem.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Kane + Raphina or
Bruno + Toney?

Got 3 liverpool players, 3 united but none from Chelsea, City, Spurs or Leicester.
Normally, the first but with Kane having an injury or COVID or an ingrowing toenail or an overgrown fringe that keeps him out of the first game …. against City :rolleyes: …. and United’s early fixtures, the second.

Edit. It’d be funny if City have purely started a rumour to buy Kane to keep him out of the first game (v Spurs) then go “nah, it’s ok. We’ll give him a miss”