Fantasy Premier League 21/22

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
What's the "hype" about Olise? See a few people in here have him. 2 goals and 4 assists, but gametime varies. Any advice on him? Why did you pick him?
I picked him because of his price and form. Don't mind the odd benching at £5.4m and it looked like he'd started to break into the team. Palace attack looked worse without him last week so expecting him back in this week. Gallagher won't play vs Chelsea either.

Durlmints

Supports
Liverpool

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I’m going to take a -16 this week. It seems crazy but I saw that a lot are doing it to avoid a free hit in 27. So I brought in some arsenal players and players who play next week with a double this week.

It seems a bit mad and it will be frustrating if points don’t start to clock up early, but I made a mess of my chips this year and am hoping the doubles this week and being able to field a team next week will give me a net positive.

Already down to a -8 if the doubles I brought in play both games :nervous:
How does bringing in Arsenal players this week help to avoid a FH in 27? That's the week Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea all blank. It just means more hits surely or putting out a side with under 11.

Moby

Dick
“Order of preference”.. pick him and he comes on in second half of second game, you’re screwed?

He looks ok, it’s still Burnley. He can’t play against dross like Maguire every week. In fact, wasn’t it you who said “that’s four games for Burnley to be shit”? :confused:
:lol: Yeah it's definitely not some kind of nailed return. The defenses they face aren't too great and I've heard this guy having a good record in the past plus he has looked good so far so just a punt nothing more. Will be a good differential if it comes off.

MrGroovy

Need advice, should i play TC Salah or BB on this team :

Foster || De Gea
TAA Reguilon Tierney Coady Cancelo
Salah
Bruno Bowen || Coutinho Elanga
Dennis King || Broja

Got one FT, 2.8m on the bank

If I decide to BB, gonna trade Elanga with someone decent (any advice for MF 7.2m budget?)
If I decide to TC, then no xfer n possibly do a double xfer next week (not sure on what yet). Although a shame to leave out Coutinho & Broja on their home game..

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
How does bringing in Arsenal players this week help to avoid a FH in 27? That's the week Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea all blank. It just means more hits surely or putting out a side with under 11.
Arsenal players are for this week to take advantage of two home fixtures. The other three are for this week and next to take advantage of double and have a starting team next week.

Arsenal becomes very useful again the week after.

So the idea is I am -16 down, but now have a lot of doubles for this week AND can put out a team next week.

Moby

Dick
I definitely like him more for the second dgw when he plays Leicester and Palace. From those stats I showed yesterday, Leicester in particular simply cannot defend corners (hence bringing in Saiss this week). Arsenal play them soon as well so Gabriel is a nice option to get in this week and bench in 27.
Yeah I had an eye on 27 while bringing him in and he'll give me two games in a blank GW so that will be good. I'm sticking to only Ramsdale from Arsenal for this GW because I'm not free hitting in 27 and need 11 players. I will likely roll the transfer before 27 and bring them arses for 28 onwards when they have a quality runs plus three more dgws.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Need advice, should i play TC Salah or BB on this team :

Foster || De Gea
TAA Reguilon Tierney Coady Cancelo
Salah
Bruno Bowen || Coutinho Elanga
Dennis King || Broja

Got one FT, 2.8m on the bank

If I decide to BB, gonna trade Elanga with someone decent (any advice for MF 7.2m budget?)
If I decide to TC, then no xfer n possibly do a double xfer next week (not sure on what yet). Although a shame to leave out Coutinho & Broja on their home game..
Elanga > Saka probably your best bet. Depends on what you plan to do in 27 as well.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Sanchez and Dalot who are 100% on bench so just wanted to ask two to bench out of those.
I’d consider bench boosting that I think. Bench boost can be an absolute faff I’ve found.

Moby

Dick
I'd take out Sanchez, Olise, Ronaldo and Weghorst and go 3-4-2....unless the Weghorst injury isn't too bad, in which case, I'd bench Raphinha.
I think I should have just added Dalot in there as people have gotten confused. :lol:

I have Sanchez and Dalot on bench. So need to bench two from the ones I wrote.

Assuming Weghorst is fit, I'm kinda left with choosing two out of Cancelo Broja and Sanchez as I am not benching Ronaldo vs Leeds.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I think I should have just added Dalot in there as people have gotten confused. :lol:

Assuming Weghorst is fit, I'm kinda left with choosing two out of Cancelo Broja and Sanchez as I am not benching Ronaldo vs Leeds.
You can't bench Cancelo. Let Pep make that decision for you.

Moby

Dick
I’d consider bench boosting that I think. Bench boost can be an absolute faff I’ve found.
I had it in mind but

• This is easily the best TC option. While there will be more BB GWs like 36.
  • Even in that BB there's Dalot who can concede, Ronaldo who can be benched for a 1 pointer, Weghorst can only play one game, Olise can be rotated etc.
  • I'm free hitting 30 so will be bringing in players who blank in 30 hence doubling in 36 so I will likely have a full dgw bench.

Durlmints

Supports
Liverpool

I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling that the Leeds fixture won't be the end-to-end goal fest people are imagining it to be. Then again, I transferred in Trossard last GW so what the hell would I know!!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Cancelo is Never Bench Never Captain

Actually I've captained him twice for 36 and 14 points so scratch the last part.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Thought of it, but means i can only field 10 players for w27.
Unless I xfer one of the arse/pool player (probably saka out again)
Yeah I don't want to FH in 27 either which is why I'm bringing in only 1 Arsenal defender and fielding TAA, Jota and Salah. Jota will be going out for me in 27.

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

Have the following, was going to bin Pogba for a mid that's got a DGW this week, any ideas for one under £7.6? Or an alternative striker? Was also planning to TC Salah, but may BB instead...

Ramsdale, (De Gea)

White, Robertson, Ait Nouri, Cancelo, (Digne)

Salah, Jota, Olise, Fernandes, Pogba

Weghorst, (Mateta, Dennis)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Someone help me bench two from this for 26.

Ramsdale
TAA Robertson Sanchez
Cancelo
Salah Raphinha Olise Coutinho Bowen
Weghorst Ronaldo Broja

Doubles in bold. @Dirty Schwein @Cutch @CassiusClaymore @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Sandikan @others
That's some difficult stuff right there :lol:
Bowen and Couty's games and form make them very tough to leave out.
You can't be benching doublers, although Olise has only played 69 & 12 of his last 2 and has Chelsea as one of his games.

I think you definitely have to risk leaving Broja out as one...
Cancelo can be a 15 points guy, but more likely a 6 pointer. Will Olise outscore him across 2 games is the question.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Have the following, was going to bin Pogba for a mid that's got a DGW this week, any ideas for one under £7.6? Or an alternative striker? Was also planning to TC Salah, but may BB instead...

Ramsdale, (De Gea)

White, Robertson, Ait Nouri, Cancelo, (Digne)

Salah, Jota, Olise, Fernandes, Pogba

Weghorst, (Mateta, Dennis)
Saka, for sure.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’m going to take a -16 this week. It seems crazy but I saw that a lot are doing it to avoid a free hit in 27. So I brought in some arsenal players and players who play next week with a double this week.

It seems a bit mad and it will be frustrating if points don’t start to clock up early, but I made a mess of my chips this year and am hoping the doubles this week and being able to field a team next week will give me a net positive.

Already down to a -8 if the doubles I brought in play both games :nervous:
Will losing 16 points this week be fewer points than you'd miss out on playing however many players you have in week 27 otherwise?
If your team is that bad, when would you instead use the free hit?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
All 5 chips left.....what's the best strategy peeps?

Triple cap on Salah this week looks a key cover off. Week 26.

The rest?

saivet

For those unsure about putting the TC on Salah, I wouldn't worry too much about him not starting both games. Both games are at Anfield and both games are against teams that ship chances.

Sure Salah may get another DGW in the future but it's near impossible to be better than this on paper and there may be a rotation risk if it's before a big FA Cup or CL tie.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Easy decision…

Weghorst won’t be fit for both games and Ronaldo will be rested against Leeds.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Will losing 16 points this week be fewer points than you'd miss out on playing however many players you have in week 27 otherwise?
If your team is that bad, when would you instead use the free hit?
Honestly, might just click it, but I would give myself a massive headache in 30

Combo of extra fixtures this week and next week is tempting though. I think it will more than make up the difference.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
That's some difficult stuff right there :lol:
Bowen and Couty's games and form make them very tough to leave out.
You can't be benching doublers, although Olise has only played 69 & 12 of his last 2 and has Chelsea as one of his games.

I think you definitely have to risk leaving Broja out as one...
Cancelo can be a 15 points guy, but more likely a 6 pointer. Will Olise outscore him across 2 games is the question.
I've got to give Olise a shot after punting on him on the WC. Vs Chelsea they don't have Gallagher so he can start and I don't mind him playing vs a Chelsea returning from CWC. And the second is vs Watford.

Let's keep it simple. I'll start Cancelo. And bench one of Weghorst or Sanchez. Weghorst if a fitness doubt would settle it.

Dan_F

I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling that the Leeds fixture won't be the end-to-end goal fest people are imagining it to be. Then again, I transferred in Trossard last GW so what the hell would I know!!
It was tight and cagey last year.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Someone help me bench two from this for 26.

Ramsdale
TAA Robertson Sanchez
Cancelo
Salah Raphinha Olise Coutinho Bowen
Weghorst Ronaldo Broja

Doubles in bold. @Dirty Schwein @Cutch @CassiusClaymore @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Sandikan @others
Very similar to my wildcard last week that. Cancelo could easily outscore some of those playing twice so that's a gamble. Think I'd actually play him over Sanchez who has City as one of his fixtures and very little attacking threat. Broja probably the other I'd bench

MrBrightside1989

Very much looking towards triple captaining salah this weekend. Seems obvious, but knowing my luck he will manage to draw a blank in both games.

nickyboy1981

Stupid question... I have one free transfer and have a tivated Salah as triple captain. When I go to transfers its says one free transfer available.

If I use that transfer will it cancel my triple captain or can I make changes as well? Wondering if its worth taking a bit of a points hit to get some doubles in.

Varun

Staff
Stupid question... I have one free transfer and have a tivated Salah as triple captain. When I go to transfers its says one free transfer available.

If I use that transfer will it cancel my triple captain or can I make changes as well? Wondering if its worth taking a bit of a points hit to get some doubles in.
Can make changes. It's only 2 chips that can't be used together

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Transfers and chips are separate