Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Moby

Dick
OK so used up my 2 FT.

Next question is, do I take a -4 to bring in Salah for Son.

All the stats suggest they are both on to score around 7 points.

I feel like I'm dammed if I do, dammed if I don't!?
Think Son has a good fixture this GW so probably not that necessary if you compare them in isolation but Salah is likely to be heavily captained so it depends if you wanna take that risk.

Bristol_Red_87

Think Son has a good fixture this GW so probably not that necessary if you compare them in isolation but Salah is likely to be heavily captained so it depends if you wanna take that risk.
This is it...there's potential for it to be a fairly sizeable differential!

I think I'm going to hold my nerve, captain Son and hope he bags a hattrick to take the pressure off!

OK so used up my 2 FT.

Next question is, do I take a -4 to bring in Salah for Son.

All the stats suggest they are both on to score around 7 points.

I feel like I'm dammed if I do, dammed if I don't!?
Salah scores for fun against us, whereas Son hasn't scored against Wolves over the last two seasons. Tricky one to predict with certainty but I personally bet on past experience and current form. Currently, their form is both a bit meh, but I would assume both will regain form soon. Wouldn't make a big decision like this so soon, in conclusion.

HairyBack23

Oh. Forgive me for not taking this advice!

Swapping Neto for a player who is not looking likely to play, and if he does, he’s coming in to a terrible team does not fill me with any kind of hope.

Think this would be a bonkers idea when coupled with Pereira being unlikely to play too.

*waits for Gomes to get 2 attacking returns and to look very silly!
He's not there to play. It's about stacking funds/first team value. Pereira on the bench as a playing sub is enough.

K Stand Knut

He's not there to play. It's about stacking funds/first team value. Pereira on the bench as a playing sub is enough.
Normally I’d agree but if I swap Neto for Gomes this weekend, I’d be left with Pereira and Gomes looking unlikely to play and I don’t want to midfielders not playing in the same game week. It’s too risky

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Is there a genuine chance that United v Liverpool could be off?

If so, I'd bring in KDB or Son on my WC instead for one week at least and leave the funds for Salah.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I know Salah may go wild against us but i cannot bring myself to captain him against my own team (Hoping for pts)

Going with Jesus.
No room for sentiment in FPL. It's just a game. Just pick who you think will score highest.

Dan_F

Is there a genuine chance that United v Liverpool could be off?

If so, I'd bring in KDB or Son on my WC instead for one week at least and leave the funds for Salah.
I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure it was just the covid bubble issue last time that caused them to call it off. They cleared the people off the pitch relatively quick enough for the game to go ahead in normal times. The police presence is going to be huge and I wouldn’t be surprised if they players went to Old Trafford way earlier than usual.

RedDevil@84

I know Salah may go wild against us but i cannot bring myself to captain him against my own team (Hoping for pts)

Going with Jesus.
Jesus is not a bad choice for the weekend. But it will be ridiculous to not captain Salah for emotional reasons.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Down to Ramsdale and Perisic or Ederson and Cucurella on my WC. I really hope we get some early Spurs news as I'd love a punt on Perisic.

Locked in...

Ward
James
TAA
Williams
Walker
Salah
Martinelli
Maddison (possibly Kulu if I don't pick Perisic)
Andreas
DaSilva
Haaland
Toney
Jesus

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
No room for sentiment in FPL. It's just a game. Just pick who you think will score highest.

Not picking Salah, partly as don’t want him to score and partly as expecting Malacia to play which may make things harder for him (their left flank, were totally fecked).

Haaland or Jesus?

Moby

Dick

Not picking Salah, partly as don’t want him to score and partly as expecting Malacia to play which may make things harder for him (their left flank, were totally fecked).

Haaland or Jesus?
He posts these every week and the good thing about him (who's easily one of the best managers out there anyway) is he also posts the results to keep context. Here's how last week's odds went:

Moby

Dick
Down to Ramsdale and Perisic or Ederson and Cucurella on my WC. I really hope we get some early Spurs news as I'd love a punt on Perisic.

Locked in...

Ward
James
TAA
Williams
Walker
Salah
Martinelli
Maddison (possibly Kulu if I don't pick Perisic)
Andreas
DaSilva
Haaland
Toney
Jesus
Get Cancelo in no matter what, with the coming fixtures. Rest looks good.

Moby

Dick
Tough. One of the Forest v EFC defenders
Yep I'm on the same. Everton seem to have better CS odds, and they did do quite well vs Chelsea in defense and reduced them to needing a penalty to win. At Goodison they would probably be ok at the back. Neco is a bit more fun with his attacking potential and Everton also don't have any goal threat whatsoever so that makes it tough.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Haaland or salah captain ?
Whatever one you choose will be the wrong one, so just go with your gut. I have Jesus vs Bournemouth too i could choose, but at the minute im captaining Salah. We have looked atrocious and whilst Liverpool haven't won either they will be looking to kick start their season and even put us in our place after the 4-0 pre-season game. Out of the two teams most likely to turn up, even just looking at body language of players, the safer option is Salah, and that way when we now inevitably turn Liverpool over at least there isn't just a silver lining to the game but a huge fecking rainbow of hope and optimism.

paulscholes18

Start one:

Andreas (if he's declared fit) at home vs Brentford
Neco away at Everton
Neto away at Spurs
Patterson home vs Forest
I’m starting Neco vs Everton, as I’m expecting a 0-0 you could start Patterson.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Haaland or Jesus?
Somehow Malacia is going to keep Salah in his pocket? Are we already overrating our new signings?

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I still remember during pre-season everyone was tripling up on United and now, nearly every United player has gone down in value, some twice and the defenders are on -1 points after two games and Rodrigo has like 5 points less than the entire United team combined :lol:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Anyone dithering a bit on Salah armband with Casemiro coming in? Think I'm still on it but slightly doubtful.
No even if he plays which he won’t, he won’t know the system and don’t forget the players around him are still shit. So Salah is my captain for this week.