Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Nickosaur

Best start I've had in FPL

13 place in the Redcafe League
I'm sure I'll figure out how to screw this up.
Well done pal. Enjoy it while it lasts!
In recent years I've found that the better start you have the more red arrows you experience for the rest of the season :lol: but hopefully you're a better FPL manager than I am!

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Thoughts on Son to Salah?

Thinking I may hold on until GW4 now?!

Also umming and arghing whether to go with the knee-jerkers in Rodrigo or the more consistent Harrison?!
Salah is playing the worst team in the league. At least Wolves are more organized defensively. Pool are going to get their first win and Salah will have a field day. I’m captaining him.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Meh wildcard...

Ederson Ward
James Cucurella TAA Walker Williams
Salah Kulu Martinelli DaSilva Andreas
Haaland Toney Jesus

Cucurella should be ok for a few weeks when I can switch back to Trippier if he starts getting rotated. Gonna try double City defence for a bit although tempted to just get Raya and upgrade one of the mids to a better bench option (Gross?)

Moby

Dick
Meh wildcard...

Ederson Ward
James Cucurella TAA Walker Williams
Salah Kulu Martinelli DaSilva Andreas
Haaland Toney Jesus

Cucurella should be ok for a few weeks when I can switch back to Trippier if he starts getting rotated. Gonna try double City defence for a bit although tempted to just get Raya and upgrade one of the mids to a better bench option (Gross?)
Yeah I had a stab at it and had pretty much the same team as you've posted above except the keepers mainly. Not worth it.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Yeah I had a stab at it and had pretty much the same team as you've posted above except the keepers mainly. Not worth it.
Ederson is more a City defence cover in case I need to move off Walker too at some point. At least he's nailed when Champions League rolls back around.

Moby

Dick
Ederson is more a City defence cover in case I need to move off Walker too at some point. At least he's nailed when Champions League rolls back around.
I guess I just can't ever convince myself to use an elite team spot on a keeper when there are always so many other options which can pop up at any time, plus there's a bunch of good options from 4.5 to 5.0m which won't be far off in terms of points. But I guess people went for Ederson from the start till they use the WC which is ok because of City's run. Sanchez/Raya both look good (caveat being one of them plays for the biggest FPL trolls), and Ramsdale/Mendy are both fine options as well.

Moby

Dick
Not sure if this was worded correctly, meant my current team is the same as that WC team except keepers so not worth doing WC for me now.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I guess I just can't ever convince myself to use an elite team spot on a keeper when there are always so many other options which can pop up at any time, plus there's a bunch of good options from 4.5 to 5.0m which won't be far off in terms of points. But I guess people went for Ederson from the start till they use the WC which is ok because of City's run. Sanchez/Raya both look good (caveat being one of them plays for the biggest FPL trolls), and Ramsdale/Mendy are both fine options as well.
Yeah Raya is the other option with the great run they have. Might well change by the end of the week and bank the spare cash. Ramsdale is flappy as hell. Would rather Pope and play Ward for GW3 and GW5.

SteveTheRed

I must have confirmed a transfer by accident but burned one of FT on switching Iversen to Sanchez...

Moby

Dick
Yeah Raya is the other option with the great run they have. Might well change by the end of the week and bank the spare cash. Ramsdale is flappy as hell. Would rather Pope and play Ward for GW3 and GW5.
If you are WCing now Pope can be a good shout, just a couple of tough fixtures from now. Ramsdale with those fixtures should be fine but honestly all my thinking right now is till GW7 or 8 when I'll WC so haven't really looked at fixtures up till GW16 which I guess someone WCing now needs to. From that sense having Ederson could actually be ok, as they easily look like the best defense so far.

@Moby

Raya and Gross over Ederson and Andreas then?

Can see benching headaches with the former though.
Won't remove Andreas myself, he's a perfect 4.5 enabler and should be good to play in some of the GWs. Out of that choice if you are going for a long term pick especially till GW16 probably Ederson and Andreas will work out better.

Your current team structure and picks look fine, because I think there's better value in 4.5-5.5 defs than 5-6 mids except Martinelli. I would have changed my structure similarly, my plan was to downgrade Neto to fodder (Gomes who fecking refuses to drop in value) and get a 4.5 def and 4.5 keeper instead of 4.0 def and 4.0 keeper that I have now. But then some uruguayan cnut decided to play WWE in a football game...

Reactions: CassiusClaymore

Paul_Scholes18

Cheap mids who is best to replace Bailey? I liked Eze yesterday and think Palace is an underrated side.

Gross out of budget for me.

Loved Nunez red card by the way. Shame it was not against us.

Baxter

I've went Walker in this week. Hope this new full back doesn't impact his minutes :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I've went Walker in this week. Hope this new full back doesn't impact his minutes :lol:
Just seen that. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I mean he's quite young and I guess that would mean Cancelo moving to right back. I think Walker is ok for now. Can't see Pep throwing him straight in. When CL starts up though......... :nervous:

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Just seen that. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I mean he's quite young and I guess that would mean Cancelo moving to right back. I think Walker is ok for now. Can't see Pep throwing him straight in. When CL starts up though......... :nervous:
The new fullback is signed as a backup for now much like Malacia. They lost Fernandinho and Zinchenko need some cover at fullback. I got Walker too he will play until he gets injured.

Moby

Dick
I have 2m in the bank and I'm itching to just upgrade Walker to Cancelo which is a bit crazy given everyone is getting on Walker now, but Cancelo just hit my rank like a truck despite me having covered the City CS with Walker. I am not sure if I want to do that with a hit or just keep Walker and improve other stuff like keeper or my 4.0 def etc later.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I want Walker. Tempting to downgrade Robertson. But I know if I do that move Walker will start being rotated for minutes.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I want Walker. Tempting to downgrade Robertson. But I know if I do that move Walker will start being rotated for minutes.
I just did that. Robertson of course has higher ceiling but walker should get more clean sheets... The extra cash let me upgrade Rashy to Diaz. No contest in that one...

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I have 2m in the bank and I'm itching to just upgrade Walker to Cancelo which is a bit crazy given everyone is getting on Walker now, but Cancelo just hit my rank like a truck despite me having covered the City CS with Walker. I am not sure if I want to do that with a hit or just keep Walker and improve other stuff like keeper or my 4.0 def etc later.
I would love to do that upgrade but can't make the funds available in a way that doesn't mess up too many other areas hence the double up with Walker and Ederson on the wc.

Red Star One

I’m very tempted to do Bailey, Robertson -> Diaz, N. Williams for 2FT. Leaves me with two 4.0 defenders though, far from ideal.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I just did that. Robertson of course has higher ceiling but walker should get more clean sheets... The extra cash let me upgrade Rashy to Diaz. No contest in that one...
I'm going to hold until after next GW. See what Robertson does vs Utd. If nothing, Robertson down to a Spurs defender (Just realised I can't do Walker because I have 3 City already... Ederson Cancelo Haaland....) Upgrade Bailey with the rest of the money

Ady87

Trippier > Dier and give Mount an extra week? Got 2 FT so can roll one over.

Ramsdale (Ward)
TAA Walker James Trippier (Neco)
Salah Diaz Martinelli Mount (Andreas)
Haaland Jesus (Archer)

Could do something like Mount/Tripp > Gundo/Koulibaly or bank the 0.5m but not 100% on a move like that.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Captain is killing me. First round Kane blanked. Now Salah blanked.
Soooooo; Salah vs United or Kane vs Wolves?

K Stand Knut

I’m in a very strange position where I’ve started better than I’ve ever started and don’t really want to change my team but got my 2 FTs.

Only person that worried me is a Nero but not many other options at the same price. Could change Perisic to Trippier (for example) to have a bit of extra cash and upgrade Neto but Spurs’ fixtures are really good for the next few weeks and he is the kind of player who can play 10 minutes and get a return.

My team is currently:
Ramsdale / Iversen
TAA / James / Cancelo / Perisic / Vestergaard
Salah / Neto / Martinelli / Luis Diaz / Pereira
Haaland / Jesus / Greenwood (not the cnut version)

Is not making a transfer daft having to rolled one over last week?