g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I know it's Xmas so give me an Xmas gift and help me decide between these two:

Option 1:

Kepa
Cancelo, Trippier, White
KDB, Martinelli, Rashford, Almiron
Haaland, Martial, Kane

Subs: Ward, Botman, Andreas, Bueno (0.2 itb)

Option 2:

Kepa
Cancelo, Trippier, James
KDB, Martinelli, Rashford, Kulusevski
Haaland, Martial, Darwin

Subs: Ward, Patterson, Andreas, Bueno (0.1 itb)

@BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @CassiusClaymore @Sandikan @Moby @anyone

Please! Thank you!!

paulscholes18

Option 1:

Kepa
Cancelo, Trippier, White
Haaland, Martial, Kane

Option 2:

Kepa
Cancelo, Trippier, James
Haaland, Martial, Darwin

Please! Thank you!!
I prefer team B, as it closer to what I'm leaning towards

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Option 1:

Kepa
Cancelo, Trippier, White
Haaland, Martial, Kane

Option 2:

Kepa
Cancelo, Trippier, James
Haaland, Martial, Darwin

Please! Thank you!!
Hmm, difficultings.

I'd probably go for B, but with Almiron instead of Kulu, and then see how much you can embiggen the bench.

I think it's much more dangerous not to cover Liverpool's attack than Totto's for one.
And Almiron is the top scoring mid in the game!

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
I know it makes absolutely no sense logically, but I feel that City will find it tricky at Leeds and a City triple could undo a few.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Option 1:

Kepa
Cancelo, Trippier, White
Haaland, Martial, Kane

Option 2:

Kepa
Cancelo, Trippier, James
Haaland, Martial, Darwin

Please! Thank you!!
1. With all the value in the game why not go threemium. Would upgrade Bueno to Patterson regardless.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
What is the template? Gonna just go with it as I've zero clue on what's going on.
Kepa, Ward, James, Trippier, Cancelo, White, cheap defender, Martinelli, Rashford, Almiron, Andreas, one of Salah or KDB, Haaland, Darwin, 3rd striker.

I'm not sold on Kepa or doubling up on Chelsea defence so just did Kepa and White to Ramsdale and Thomas. That way I don't miss out on any Arsenal clean sheets by benching White.

As it stands for me....

Ramsdale / Ward
Trippier/ Shaw / James / Patterson / Thomas
KDB / Rashford / Martinelli / Almiron / Andreas
Haaland / Kane / Darwin

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
What is the template? Gonna just go with it as I've zero clue on what's going on.
Pick your team from:

GK: Ward/Kepa

Def: James Cancelo, Trippier, White, Gabriel Bueno, Patterson, Shaw, Dalot

Mid: Salah, KDB, Martinelli, Mount, Saka, Almiron, Andreas, Rashford

FWD: Darwin, Haaland, Kane, Mitrovic, Martial, Wilson

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Kepa, Ward, James, Trippier, Cancelo, White, cheap defender, Martinelli, Rashford, Almiron, Andreas, one of Salah or KDB, Haaland, Darwin, 3rd striker.

I'm not sold on Kepa or doubling up on Chelsea defence so just did Kepa and White to Ramsdale and Thomas. That way I don't miss out on any Arsenal clean sheets by benching White.

As it stands for me....

Ramsdale / Ward
Haaland / Kane / Darwin
Looks like my Plan B team. The big triple up attack, Cancelo being sacrificed and chimpy 4th/5th defenders.

Alternative being Martial and Cancelo up there, and a stronger 4th defence option.

Moby

Dick

As it stands for me....

Ramsdale / Ward
Haaland / Kane / Darwin
Pick your team from:

GK: Ward/Kepa

Def: James Cancelo, Trippier, White, Gabriel Bueno, Patterson, Shaw, Dalot

Mid: Salah, KDB, Martinelli, Mount, Saka, Almiron, Andreas, Rashford

FWD: Darwin, Haaland, Kane, Mitrovic, Martial, Wilson
Cheers brothers.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Looks like my Plan B team. The big triple up attack, Cancelo being sacrificed and chimpy 4th/5th defenders.

Alternative being Martial and Cancelo up there, and a stronger 4th defence option.
Yeah I really don't want the benching headaches that come with some of these template teams. Missed enough Andreas points as it is.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
KDB + Haaland but no Cancelo
Or
Foden + Cancelo + Haaland ?

Which one would you chose ? Cancelo has been very underwhelming this season and there are better options out there.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
KDB + Haaland but no Cancelo
Or
Foden + Cancelo + Haaland ?

Which one would you chose ? Cancelo has been very underwhelming this season and there are better options out there.
Depends. Will you freak out of Foden starts missing out? If not, then that route.

Cancelo has been underwhelming but still got 2-3 double digit hauls, highly owned, best defense, provides for best attack and has two DGW upcoming.

I thought about taking him out as it allows me to have KDB, Haaland, Kane & Darwin but decided against it.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Annnnd I have just found the team I love most after days of tinkering..

Ward in goal
Ben White, Trippier and Reece James (2 x budget def)
Salah, Fernandes, Rashford, Almiron and our former 'Pre Season Pirlo'
Halaand and King Kane upfront (+ 1 budget fwd), 0.1 itb.

Very happy with this team!!. And if Garnacho is doing well in the league then I'll swap him with Rashy and reinvest the money

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Ffs kept tinkering and now have two teams I can't decide between...

Kepa
Trippier, James, Cancelo
KDB, Rashford, Martinelli, Kulusevski
Haaland, Darwin, Martial

Subs: Ward, Andreas, Patterson, Bueno

Or...

Kepa
Trippier, James, Walker
KDB, Rashford, Martinelli, Almiron
Haaland, Darwin, Kane

Subs: Ward, Summerville, Patterson, Bueno

Any thoughts?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

Kepa
Trippier, James, Cancelo
Haaland, Darwin, Martial

Or...

Kepa
Trippier, James, Walker
Haaland, Darwin, Kane

Any thoughts?
The second one looks best. Kane is most likely to score more then martial, almiron is most likely to do more than the spurs guy.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
The second one looks best. Kane is most likely to score more then martial, almiron is most likely to do more than the spurs guy.
How likely is Walker to play? I know he can't match Cancelo potential attacking returns but if he plays then that second team could be amazing.

DJ_21

How likely is Walker to play? I know he can't match Cancelo potential attacking returns but if he plays then that second team could be amazing.
It’s a shame you can’t have cancelo in that 2nd team as his price his miles above walkers. Whose city’s left back? They’ve been playing both cancelo and Walker haven’t they? Walker couldn’t play last league game due to injury but if he’s fit then I’d imagine he starts RB and cancelo LB.

DJ_21

Tempted to go triple captain on Harry kane against Brentford. Thoughts?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Depends. Will you freak out of Foden starts missing out? If not, then that route.

Cancelo has been underwhelming but still got 2-3 double digit hauls, highly owned, best defense, provides for best attack and has two DGW upcoming.

I thought about taking him out as it allows me to have KDB, Haaland, Kane & Darwin but decided against it.
Yep, that's the plan. Made the change now. Think Trippier is a better value than Cancelo this year and there are some good value defenders this year. Hopefully it works

Pickle85

What are we making of Conte's comment on world cup players being less match ready than those that weren't involved? Surely he won't drip Harry...?!

saik

Kepa
Trippier, James, Cancelo
Haaland, Darwin, Martial

Or...

Kepa
Trippier, James, Walker
Haaland, Darwin, Kane

Any thoughts?
The 2nd one is literally my team except in place of Walker I'll have 1 of Dalot/Shaw/White. :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Conte has hinted that players who were at WC may not play against Brentford. I'd be wary of that.
Surely with the exception of Son and Kane though. Without them they are half the team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Tempted to go triple captain on Harry kane against Brentford. Thoughts?
Why would you even consider that?
Are Brentford in massive defensive malaise, or are you judging Kane to be in red hot form? Even though the last time you saw him he was punting a free kick at goal from mere yards out miles out of the stadium?

DJ_21

Why would you even consider that?
Are Brentford in massive defensive malaise, or are you judging Kane to be in red hot form? Even though the last time you saw him he was punting a free kick at goal from mere yards out miles out of the stadium?
Just because Kane can turn up and destroy teams when he wants.

saik

Surely with the exception of Son and Kane though. Without them they are half the team.
Just remembered Richarlison is injured isn't he? Kane is definitely playing in that case. Still wouldn't triple captain him though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just remembered Richarlison is injured isn't he? Kane is definitely playing in that case. Still wouldn't triple captain him though.
No chance Conte would bench Kane anyway.

Just entertained the idea of Kane, Haaland, Martial as the front 3, but still feels very risky to go without Liverpool.
Same with Cancelo really.

It's either really squeeze the squad for the power front 3, or have a much more balanced all rounder.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

Just entertained the idea of Kane, Haaland, Martial as the front 3, but still feels very risky to go without Liverpool.

It's either really squeeze the squad for the power front 3, or have a much more balanced all rounder.
I think Cancelo is a great shout and I'll regret it but I'm going Walker ahead of him as it stands. Think his scoring/assist potential isn't worth missing out on Kane.

saik

Hope that is the case, as I still have him in my team. No one else looks to be a good option. Haven't even entertained the idea of Martial again in my team. The last time I had him, he assisted for Antony's goal and I thought everything was going well only for him to get injured right away and not to be seen again. Even the goal Eriksen scored in the EFL Cup, I expect Martial to be there in that situation, not our midfielder.

I think Cancelo is a great shout and I'll regret it but I'm going Walker ahead of him as it stands. Think his scoring/assist potential isn't worth missing out on Kane.
There are other defenders with the same returns as Cancelo for 2m less whereas Kane is only outscored by Haaland. That is the only rationale I'm going with. Doesn't feel right dropping Kane when the other options are Martial, Toney and the likes. :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Didn't you say I'd be glad to swerve Kane when he got his 5th yellow 1 min in? :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hope that is the case, as I still have him in my team. No one else looks to be a good option. Haven't even entertained the idea of Martial again in my team. The last time I had him, he assisted for Antony's goal and I thought everything was going well only for him to get injured right away and not to be seen again. Even the goal Eriksen scored in the EFL Cup, I expect Martial to be there in that situation, not our midfielder.

There are other defenders with the same returns as Cancelo for 2m less whereas Kane is only outscored by Haaland. That is the only rationale I'm going with. Doesn't feel right dropping Kane when the other options are Martial, Toney and the likes. :lol:
Martial is a 3 game trial.
Forest H, Bottom of league Wolves A, Bournemouth H.

If that body of work doesn't see a couple of positive scores, it's time to recallibrate