g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I say many things to make myself feel better :lol:

I also said Cancelo is essential :nervous:
City have 2 doubles coming up. Arguably not exactly easy ones, but still. Imagine having a City double without Cancelo.

Think I'm set on the Martial approach. It might die on its arse, but if it will ever work it's these next 3 games.
Plus the triple big boy up front approach means a horror 4th and 5th option defensively.

So just need to decide who to move Dunk to - either 0.7m up, or move him down and bank wad.

Then work out my huge benching decision with 12 great options/fixtures.
Or 13 if I bring in an Arse defender!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
City have 2 doubles coming up. Arguably not exactly easy ones, but still. Imagine having a City double without Cancelo.

Think I'm set on the Martial approach. It might die on its arse, but if it will ever work it's these next 3 games.
Plus the triple big boy up front approach means a horror 4th and 5th option defensively.

So just need to decide who to move Dunk to - either 0.7m up, or move him down and bank wad.

Then work out my huge benching decision with 12 great options/fixtures.
Or 13 if I bring in an Arse defender!
But walker can cover the double Cancelo games and it's just the attacking returns you are hoping don't come... Meanwhile, walker enables Kane, who has a DGW too, one against Arsenal where he always scores!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
But walker can cover the double Cancelo games and it's just the attacking returns you are hoping don't come... Meanwhile, walker enables Kane, who has a DGW too, one against Arsenal where he always scores!
A double including City away. So essentially a single. And Arsenal are going better than usual seasons.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
A double including City away. So essentially a single. And Arsenal are going better than usual seasons.
Spurs always do well against city though, think they can grab a couple goals for sure without Dias playing. Arse will also struggle more now without the front press that Jesus provides.

Plus Kane is on pens ( :lol: ).

It can go either way and I'll dread missing those Cancelo hauls but I'll also fear Kane too and you can't have it all.

Kane also gives me a second captaincy option. Cancelo does not.

I've had an awful start so need to go for the Slightly less owned players/go more aggressive.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Spurs always do well against city though, think they can grab a couple goals for sure without Dias playing. Arse will also struggle more now without the front press that Jesus provides.

Plus Kane is on pens ( :lol: ).

It can go either way and I'll dread missing those Cancelo hauls but I'll also fear Kane too and you can't have it all.

Kane also gives me a second captaincy option. Cancelo does not.

I've had an awful start so need to go for the Slightly less owned players/go more aggressive.
I think I'd go your way if it was a straight Kane & Walker versus Martial & Cancelo choice.

But for me to get Kane as part of the power triple, I'd need to skimp on keeper, 4th & 5th defender & even down Pereira who is the perfect 5th mid.
Just too much carnage for someone I'd very rarely cap with Haaland and KDB around.

If Martial blows, then I've got a few weeks to tweak things around and even upgrade Darwin to Kane.

Dan_F

How have I ended up with a team containing Martial and Rashford. One of them will have to go by tomorrow.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I think I'd go your way if it was a straight Kane & Walker versus Martial & Cancelo choice.

But for me to get Kane as part of the power triple, I'd need to skimp on keeper, 4th & 5th defender & even down Pereira who is the perfect 5th mid.
Just too much carnage for someone I'd very rarely cap with Haaland and KDB around.

If Martial blows, then I've got a few weeks to tweak things around and even upgrade Darwin to Kane.
I guess I see your point. I'm changing from Cancelo, Kulusevski, Martial and Andreas to Walker, Almiron, Kane & Summerville.

I regret losing Cancelo to Walker.
I prefer Almiron in over Kulu.
Martial to Kane is a no brainer.
Andreas is a miss but I've lost all but one of his returns to the bench and Summerville has actually been good.

Moby

Dick
Kepa Ward
Cancelo Trippier James White Bueno
Martinelli Rashford KDB Almiron Andreas
Haaland Darwin Martial

2.3 itb.

Any issues with this?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ward

James Cancelo Trippier

Salah, Foden, Rashford, Martinelli

Darwin, Martial, Haaland

(Iverson, Bueno, Patterson)

^ Thoughts on this?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Why not Cancelo and Kane? And Martial. He is only 6.7 mil
Cancelo draft is:

Kepa
Trippier, James, Cancelo
KDB, Rashy, Martinelli, Kulusevski
Haaland, Darwin, Martial

Subs: Ward, Andreas, Paterson, Bueno

And the Kane draft is:

Kepa
Trippier, James, Walker
KDB, Rashy, Martinelli, Almiron
Haaland, Darwin, Kane

Subs: Ward, Summerville, Paterson, Bueno

Obviously team 1 can have Almiron but I want to cover Spurs hence why Kulu is in there.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Is there a way to get KDB, Salah and Haaland thats reasonable?
There absolutely is, depending on team value…

Kepa
Trippier, Cancelo, White
Martinelli, KdB, Rashford, Salah, Almiron
Martial, Haaland

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Kane or Cancelo, that is the question.
I been thinking about this and going back and forth. Cancelo is so highly owned and the most nailed City defender but also not great xG numbers this year as he is dropping more central in games as opposed to before where got further forward... Kane is Kane but getting him requires a fair bit of sacrifice.

I'm leaning Cancelo now... but that leaves me enough money to upgrade Almiron to kulu to cover Spurs but don't know if that's even worth it or just bank the 2.3 million...

TheGame

I been thinking about this and going back and forth. Cancelo is so highly owned and the most nailed City defender but also not great xG numbers this year as he is dropping more central in games as opposed to before where got further forward... Kane is Kane but getting him requires a fair bit of sacrifice.

I'm leaning Cancelo now... but that leaves me enough money to upgrade Almiron to kulu to cover Spurs but don't know if that's even worth it or just bank the 2.3 million...
I’m the same, got them both but had to make some sacrifices in defence. Then it’s the Kane v Nunez debate but I have Sarah to hopefully cover that.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Is it worth getting Kulu as Kane cover or to jsut stick with Almiron and bank about 2.2 million?

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
Kepa
James Trippier Shaw
Salah KDB Rashford Martinelli
Haaland Mitrovic Martial

1m itb
Gone with similar :
Kepa (Ward)
Dunk Trippier Shaw (Bueno Patterson)
Salah KDB Rashford Martinelli (Andreas)
Haaland Mitrovic Martial

Really thinking it may be better to go from KDB to Foden or Kulu and Martial to Nunez (Who I had before) though. Cant decide.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'm doing the latter.
Any reason? Think Kulu could be great as he is now fully fit and Richarlison out. Allows you to cover Spurs and they do have a DGW upcoming. Can also easily downgrade to Almiron if it don't work out.

Almiron has been great but is also outperforming his xG, which could assume that the numbers dry up a bit. I think he'll still tick along but won't be getting 3 double digit hauls in a row again... but the fixtures are there to get points, although no DGW's in sight...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Any reason? Think Kulu could be great as he is now fully fit and Richarlison out. Allows you to cover Spurs and they do have a DGW upcoming. Can also easily downgrade to Almiron if it don't work out.

Almiron has been great but is also outperforming his xG, which could assume that the numbers dry up a bit. I think he'll still tick along but won't be getting 3 double digit hauls in a row again... but the fixtures are there to get points, although no DGW's in sight...
blargh I was thinking Kulu over Foden.

What is your/others thoughts on below?

Ward

James Cancelo Trippier

Salah Foden Rashford Martinelli

Darwin Haaland Martial

Iverson, Patterson, Andreas, Bueno are my subs. If I introduce Kulu I can maybe upgrade one of the subs to a 4.5

Moby

Dick

In that case why not start with Mount for his double in 19 then move to Kulu in 20?

I don't see a pressing need to cover Spurs attack till their double given its a conterrorist managed attack.

TheGame

Is this any good?

Kepa, Ward
Cancelo, Shaw, Trippier, White, (Bueno)
Rashford, Salah, Almiron, (Bailey, Andreas)
Kane, Haaland, Martial
Cant make my mind up, wanted to get James in so have gone with:

Kepa, Ward
Cancelo, James, Trippier, White, Bueno
Rashford, Salah, Almiron, Bailey, Martinelli
Darwin, Haaland, Martial

Any thoughts? No Spurs players but can’t get everyone in.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
blargh I was thinking Kulu over Foden.

What is your/others thoughts on below?

Ward

James Cancelo Trippier

Salah Foden Rashford Martinelli

Darwin Haaland Martial

Iverson, Patterson, Andreas, Bueno are my subs. If I introduce Kulu I can maybe upgrade one of the subs to a 4.5
It's as good as the other template teams everyone else is putting up. Foden is a great high risk/high reward play, just don't go crying if he is benched, which can happen.