Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Some of you don't deserve FPL gold Ivan Toney. He is 3rd best striker by points and 9th player overall.
Now its time to deliver as captain.

He will blank

Skåre Willoch

50 points and a slight green arrow. Didn't really see that coming at all. Gakpo and Toney saving the round!

Still all chips in hand.

I'm not doing anything special for the blank, as I can field 9-10 players without any hits.
Then it's FH in GW 29, probably.

TC and BB in the later doubles. Hopefully the TC come in handy as a big differential for the final push!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
37 (-4) just about being rescued with 16 from Toney and Andreas last night!

Seem to have got away with it a bit. Only 1 of the 9 above in the world league kept Salah.

What a transfer though... Salah 21 and Nketiah (didn't play so would have got 1 point sub in) out Saka 2 and Toney 8 in. For 4 points.
Net -16 effect

SteveCoppellFan

Those Andreas points were really REALLY annoying, a few teams just below me in my league had him coming on as a first sub.

Bristol_Red_87

Am I right in thinking the non-WC'ers in 26 are those considering BB in 27?!

I can't fathom how it could be a good move for me as a WC'er in 26!

Appreciate injuries and the like but after the FA debacle (trying to plan who might go through), I'm going to be assuming nothing from now on!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
64 all out. Up to 67k.

Bus team for next week is

Raya
Gabriel TAA Trippier
MacAllister Salah Saka Rashford
Toney Haaland Watkins

Almost certainly doing McNeill out for March/Mitoma and benching Watkins. Might be tempted to hit out Tarkoswki too and bench Gabriel.

Moby

Dick
Soton+Everton in 27 probably not on same xG as Fulham. But 29 vs Brighton and Man Utd probably doesnt look good for Mee. Wouldnt rule Toney out - he’s scored against many big teams and scored 2 goals against Brighton last time around.
No worries about Toney. Got him in last week. But that defense is shite.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
69. What a result for messing up the WC. Up to 300k and when we returned after the break, I was at 1.9 million. So annoyed at myself for so many stupid decisions early on chasing points.

24k in second chance league tells its own story. Team set for next week, so going to avoid that 3rd Brighton player and roll transfer to get out 10 players next week.

Then, might as well take the -8 to get 7 fixtures on a disappointing bench boost :lol:

troylocker

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
69. What a result for messing up the WC. Up to 300k and when we returned after the break, I was at 1.9 million. So annoyed at myself for so many stupid decisions early on chasing points.

24k in second chance league tells its own story. Team set for next week, so going to avoid that 3rd Brighton player and roll transfer to get out 10 players next week.

Then, might as well take the -8 to get 7 fixtures on a disappointing bench boost :lol:
Nice comeback!

Sitting nicely in the top 35k after a nice 77 pointer this week.
Taking a hit this GW will field this team:

Kepa (Ward)
Trippier, Mee, Estupinan (Badiashile, Bueno)
Salah, Saka, Rashford, Mitoma (Odegaard)
Haaland, Toney (C), Nunez
2,0M ITB

Plan is to Freehit GW28 (Can field max of 8 players) and the take a -4 to go:
Saka -> Bruno
Bueno -> Mings
...and benchboost (6 extra fixtures)GW29.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Nice comeback!

Sitting nicely in the top 35k after a nice 77 pointer this week.
Taking a hit this GW will field this team:

Kepa (Ward)
Trippier, Mee, Estupinan (Badiashile, Bueno)
Salah, Saka, Rashford, Mitoma (Odegaard)
Haaland, Toney (C), Nunez
2,0M ITB

Plan is to Freehit GW28 (Can field max of 8 players) and the take a -4 to go:
Saka -> Bruno
Bueno -> Mings
...and benchboost (6 extra fixtures)GW29.
Yeah I might free hit in 28 now actually. Don't particularly like using it in a blank but I'd be only on 7 players with one of them being Tarkoswki which is practically a blank anyway. Can get Kane in for that week without having to bin Haaland and load up on Arsenal.

Not sure about BB in 29 though. I'd want to remove both Pickford and Tarkoswki and possibly Kilman as well at a minimum. Could be worth it though. Maybe Steele/Ward, Mings, Estupian/Castagne?

troylocker

Yeah I might free hit in 28 now actually. Don't particularly like using it in a blank but I'd be only on 7 players with one of them being Tarkoswki which is practically a blank anyway. Can get Kane in for that week without having to bin Haaland and load up on Arsenal.

Not sure about BB in 29 though. I'd want to remove both Pickford and Tarkoswki and possibly Kilman as well at a minimum. Could be worth it though. Maybe Steele/Ward, Mings, Estupian/Castagne?
I would wait and see if Steele contiues to start before going in there, but Mings and Estupinan is the route I'll walk as well.

Moby

Dick
So after setting back the GW26 WCers by 30 odd points, should we just WC now and finish any advantage they were thinking of having for the next three GWs?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So after setting back the GW26 WCers by 30 odd points, should we just WC now and finish any advantage they were thinking of having for the next three GWs?
Tell us the pros and cons and how to navigate the blank in between please Sir Mobes.

Moby

Dick
Tell us the pros and cons and how to navigate the blank in between please Sir Mobes.
You go with 3 BHA, Rashford and Salah as blankers, transfer Salah out next week for someone like a Maddison and play 10 men. And then turn up in 29 with 14 DGW players plus Saka.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You go with 3 BHA, Rashford and Salah as blankers, transfer Salah out next week for someone like a Maddison and play 10 men. And then turn up in 29 with 14 DGW players plus Saka.
Taking Haaland out too?

Free hit week 32 I've heard. Presume that's FA Cup semi weeks and likely to ravage us and City?

Maluco

Maybe take the -4 this week and then another in 29 to maximize potential for bench boost?

The benefit of free hit would be getting in a few good options for 29 now without worrying about their fixtures in 28. Would mean fewer hits for a bettwe bench boost.

Moby

Dick
Taking Haaland out too?

Free hit week 32 I've heard. Presume that's FA Cup semi weeks and likely to ravage us and City?
Yeah no Haaland if you WC this week. Get him back in 30.

Yeah FH32. But that's why I like the WC in 29 as we'd know the FA Cup results and full clarity on remaining season.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Maybe take the -4 this week and then another in 29 to maximize potential for bench boost?

The benefit of free hit would be getting in a few good options for 29 now without worrying about their fixtures in 28. Would mean fewer hits for a bettwe bench boost.
I guess but if I'm going to bench them this week anyway I might as well take all my hits in one go. My team is strong enough this week with just another Brighton mid. Would have Raya, Toney, MacAllister and March/Mitoma plus a strong team of sgw players. If you FH in 28 you only get 1 FT in 29 regardless.

Red Star One

No idea what to do myself. I was setting up for FH28, BB29 but looking at stuff now I can get to 9 players in 28 without any hits (or perhaps one, depending on price changes and if I want another doubler this week). Perhaps better to keep the FH for some upcoming DGW or indeed a bigger BGW and I'll just do Darwin -> Felix next week.

Maluco

A big question is, will there be another opportunity to do a bench boost with 6-7 fixtures on the bench?

That probably decides what I do, but there is so much conflicting information it is difficult to know.

I also don’t want to take hits for a bench boost just to “get it out of the way”

I can take a -4 this week (to get an extra fixture with March) and a -4 next week to have 10 for 28 and all doubles for 29. Maybe that’s the way to go?

But then when will the bench boost be viable? I really don’t think I want to waste my free hit on a single, even if it does help me keep Haaland/Saka.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
It really is a tricky one. I guess it depends what you're playing for as well. I'm only ever bothered about my cash league. My rival has used his FH but not his wildcard. Will see how his team is set up for 28 and try and second guess what he might do.

If I think he's gonna stick on 8/9 players maybe I will too.

paulscholes18

No idea what to do myself. I was setting up for FH28, BB29 but looking at stuff now I can get to 9 players in 28 without any hits (or perhaps one, depending on price changes and if I want another doubler this week). Perhaps better to keep the FH for some upcoming DGW or indeed a bigger BGW and I'll just do Darwin -> Felix next week.
Save the FH for 32 if you can

Moby

Dick
Current squad:

Kepa, Ward
Trips, Mings, Ake, Tarko, Patters
Salah, Saka, Ode, Martinelli, Rash
Haaland, Toney, Darwin

Would you WC this squad this GW?

troylocker

Current squad:

Kepa, Ward
Haaland, Toney, Darwin

I wouldn't, but I would get rid of the Everton defenders asap and consider FH for 28 depending on how many players you can field. I would calculate 2points max from Tarko and Patters combined for GW28.
I'm currently 50/50 on fielding 8 players or freehitting for GW28 myself.
It's a good squad for GW29 and on.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Current squad:

Kepa, Ward
Haaland, Toney, Darwin

I'd be tempted. You've got 6 players in 28 (actually 5 as Patters won't play) so what was your plan there anyway? FH?

Looks very light on dgw players for both 27 and 29 as well so expect red arrows there as well.

We both kind of got away with keeping our Liverpool players last week (admittedly me because I had no choice) but those that wildcarded early will now be expecting to see some payback so you've got the chance now to negate that and ride off into the sunset with your Liverpool points.

Moby

Dick
I wouldn't, but I would get rid of the Everton defenders asap and consider FH for 28 depending on how many players you can field. I would calculate 2points max from Tarko and Patters combined for GW28.
I'm currently 50/50 on fielding 8 players or freehitting for GW28 myself.
It's a good squad for GW29 and on.
I'd be tempted. You've got 6 players in 28 (actually 5 as Patters won't play) so what was your plan there anyway? FH?

Looks very light on dgw players for both 27 and 29 as well so expect red arrows there as well.

We both kind of got away with keeping our Liverpool players last week (admittedly me because I had no choice) but those that wildcarded early will now be expecting to see some payback so you've got the chance now to negate that and ride off into the sunset with your Liverpool points.
If I don't WC my plan is to do Salah and Darwin to Mitoma and Kane. And Patters to Estupinan. That -8 should be fine for now. Then Haaland to Watkins in 28 and field 10. Finally Ake to Shaw in 29 which gives me Kepa, Trips, Shaw, Estupinan, Rashford, Mitoma, Saka, Odegaard, Kane, Watkins and Toney which is 9 dgw players and Saka and Kane. Can even BB with Ward, Martinelli, Tarko, Mings on bench. Maybe do Tarko to a Chelsea def to add another fixture but that BB won't be far from the WC BB that has morons from Brentford.

I agree about bagging the Liverpool points but selling Liverpool assets before they play Bournemouth is mental. And unfortunately I have to do that regardless of whether I WC or not.

My main thing with WC is I have no interest in loading up on Brentford players and going all in on 27 which decreases the value of this WC. And having two Brighton is enough as well. Midfield spots are premium. I currently have the 5 best midfielders in the game. Shouldn't be running after Solly fecking March and removing them. Thats why I didn't WC last week. The template looked shit as it was loaded on jobbers like Ben Mee and what not.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
:lol: I need your wisdom here!
If you're using FH in 28 then it's fine... But think use the momentum from last week and negate the WC players from that week with using yours now (if you plan to hold on to your FH).

Moby

Dick
If you're using FH in 28 then it's fine... But think use the momentum from last week and negate the WC players from that week with using yours now (if you plan to hold on to your FH).
Yeah that's a sound plan. Probably need to decide if I want to keep the WC for after 30 or burn it now.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
If I don't WC my plan is to do Salah and Darwin to Mitoma and Kane. And Patters to Estupinan. That -8 should be fine for now. Then Haaland to Watkins in 28 and field 10. Finally Ake to Shaw in 29 which gives me Kepa, Trips, Shaw, Estupinan, Rashford, Mitoma, Saka, Odegaard, Kane, Watkins and Toney which is 9 dgw players and Saka and Kane. Can even BB with Ward, Martinelli, Tarko, Mings on bench. Maybe do Tarko to a Chelsea def to add another fixture but that BB won't be far from the WC BB that has morons from Brentford.

I agree about bagging the Liverpool points but selling Liverpool assets before they play Bournemouth is mental. And unfortunately I have to do that regardless of whether I WC or not.

My main thing with WC is I have no interest in loading up on Brentford players and going all in on 27 which decreases the value of this WC. And having two Brighton is enough as well. Midfield spots are premium. I currently have the 5 best midfielders in the game. Shouldn't be running after Solly fecking March and removing them. Thats why I didn't WC last week. The template looked shit as it was loaded on jobbers like Ben Mee and what not.
Absolute disrespect show to Solly March here. You'll be eating those words after this next gameweek. :smirk:

I know what you mean though. Rashford, Saka, Salah all on fire and all so important to their teams. I think the Arsenal triple up will soon be unnecessary though as their fixtures get a bit tougher.

I'll be rocking Rashford, Salah, Saka, March and Mac Allister this week and then crying about it after.

Moby

Dick
Absolute disrespect show to Solly March here. You'll be eating those words after this next gameweek. :smirk:

I know what you mean though. Rashford, Saka, Salah all on fire and all so important to their teams. I think the Arsenal triple up will soon be unnecessary though as their fixtures get a bit tougher.

I'll be rocking Rashford, Salah, Saka, March and Mac Allister this week and then crying about it after.
So if you were doing transfers would you sell Martinelli/Ode instead of Salah for Mitoma? Generally I'd do that but then arsenal play in 28 and Liverpool don't. :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
So if you were doing transfers would you sell Martinelli/Ode instead of Salah for Mitoma? Generally I'd do that but then arsenal play in 28 and Liverpool don't. :lol:
Yeah it's a bit messed up. I might have to sell Salah myself in the blank. Certainly Trent is on the chopping block. Not a great Liverpool double for a defender anyway.

I'd probably sell Ode for a Brighton mid myself especially as you have Saka/Martinelli but there is a decent case for Salah going certainly.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I'm playing fantasy after a while (started again last season) and had no idea how much of a science this has become.

Feels strange to see people following advanced statistics and prediction model Twitter accounts to make changes for a game that was considered just fun and casual.