Fantasy Premier League 22/23

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
It can, but where would you use your BB for best effect?

Maybe
W/C this week
F/H next week
BB week after?

Haven't looked too closely to be honest.

Think I can field 9 next week as it stands, so could just do Mahrez to Mitoma this week, and go in with just Toney & Mitoma from the doublers.
FH on 29, WC on 32 and there may be a DGW later. So will use BB there. I don't see a value in WC now.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Maybe, I haven't a clue. :lol:

But yeah after 29 if I WC now I could easily end up with 5-6 players from those teams. It is why I really want to wait till at least 29 for WC because we will know the exact fixtures and blanks, but for that I will have to sacrifice either this DGW or the BGW. I don't really like FH in 28.
You mean FH in 29 ?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I'm thinking of some bold moves next few game weeks...

Veltman and March in (-4) this week. Tarks and McNeill out.

Maddison, Schar, Kane in for Salah, Trent, Haaland (-8) to get 10 out in 28. Might not do the last one.

Best defender and gk combo in (-4 losing Kilman and Pickford) for 29 and bench boost.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I noticed this year that a number of them are having average seasons despite the ridiculous amount of hours they put into it, which must be so frustrating when you have made it your livelihood!

ROFLUTION

I noticed this year that a number of them are having average seasons despite the ridiculous amount of hours they put into it, which must be so frustrating when you have made it your livelihood!
I’d also say it’s because every player is so cheaply available this year. Throws money strategy out the window and everyone have the same team.

I mean what were they thinking with some of the prices this year? Martinelli, Rashford, Trippier, Andreas, Ward

ROFLUTION

The other day my wife asked me to look at dining tables... Right before deadline.

Then she shouts "did you find any?" And I'm like "yeah yeah just finding a few more"

Then my snitch daughter goes "no he's not, he's looking at this thing with Football shirts and changing them around" :mad:
:lol:

hopefully you grounded her!

Maluco

I'm thinking of some bold moves next few game weeks...

Veltman and March in (-4) this week. Tarks and McNeill out.

Maddison, Schar, Kane in for Salah, Trent, Haaland (-8) to get 10 out in 28. Might not do the last one.

Best defender and gk combo in (-4 losing Kilman and Pickford) for 29 and bench boost.
I was doing all sorts of combos like this before I decided that I want haaland and I want Liverpool players for 29. Two tough fixtures but then United was supposed to be a tough fixture too.

Their tails are up (thanks to us) and they need the points and have nothing else to play for. I don’t want to spend to get them back in when they are hitting big scores later on either.

You will arguably want Haaland/Salah/Trent back in after 29. They haven’t conceded a goal in the league since January 14th.

Moby

Dick
Not when you're making free money from blabbering template shite copy pasted from twitter.

Maluco

Not when you're making free money from blabbering template shite copy pasted from twitter.
A lot of them do seem to take it really badly when it doesn’t go well though :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I’d also say it’s because every player is so cheaply available this year. Throws money strategy out the window and everyone have the same team.

I mean what were they thinking with some of the prices this year? Martinelli, Rashford, Trippier, Andreas, Ward
Ward: priced when Kasper was still there and if he stayed, 4.0 is correct.

Andreas: think he was still signed to United when the game launched?

Arsenal players are too cheap but no one expected them to be playing this well. Martinelli was a bit part player last year.

Same for United. Rashy hasn't broken 100 points in many seasons. No one expected this form from him.

Trippier is a mistake though, he needed to be priced higher.

The big issue is the premium defenders. Everyone thought you will need two of TAA, Cancelo, Robertson, James, Chilwell... But it turns out, you don't need any of them. That opens up a lot of funds.

Salah being hit and miss also doesn't help.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I was doing all sorts of combos like this before I decided that I want haaland and I want Liverpool players for 29. Two tough fixtures but then United was supposed to be a tough fixture too.

Their tails are up (thanks to us) and they need the points and have nothing else to play for. I don’t want to spend to get them back in when they are hitting big scores later on either.

You will arguably want Haaland/Salah/Trent back in after 29. They haven’t conceded a goal in the league since January 14th.
I don't know about that. They won't play mugs like us every week.

I will decide after Bournemouth but blank, away at City, away at Chelsea, Arsenal doesn't exact scream mega points to me.

ROFLUTION

Ward: priced when Kasper was still there and if he stayed, 4.0 is correct.

Andreas: think he was still signed to United when the game launched?

Arsenal players are too cheap but no one expected them to be playing this well. Martinelli was a bit part player last year.

Same for United. Rashy hasn't broken 100 points in many seasons. No one expected this form from him.

Trippier is a mistake though, he needed to be priced higher.

The big issue is the premium defenders. Everyone thought you will need two of TAA, Cancelo, Robertson, James, Chilwell... But it turns out, you don't need any of them. That opens up a lot of funds.

Salah being hit and miss also doesn't help.
Martinelli had great xG before the season + no competition for the spot, so that was not priced well.

if i recall correctly then Andreas was rumoured to fulham when launched.

with Rashford there was also general consensus that he was a steal and undervalued. Same with Martinelli, a general consensus and so many picked him.

Ward should’ve been 4.5. Any backup for a midtable team with potential to go higher than midtable should not be 4.0 imo.

But yeah the defenders turned the game around - but I’d argue its because everyone has been able to jump to cheap value players like Almiron, Rashford, Martinelli, Saka, Ødegaard that there’s not much strategizing this year. Imo it creates a better game if players are maybe (overall) priced 1-1.5 higher than now. Even my dumbest cousin trails me in the league, ffs.

Moby

Dick
They fecked up their prices last season as well. Martinelli was 5m. :lol: He has been touted as one of the best talents to come out of their club for ages and had loads of appearances last season when arsenal had a pretty good season.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Martinelli had great xG before the season + no competition for the spot, so that was not priced well.

if i recall correctly then Andreas was rumoured to fulham when launched.

with Rashford there was also general consensus that he was a steal and undervalued. Same with Martinelli, a general consensus and so many picked him.

Ward should’ve been 4.5. Any backup for a midtable team with potential to go higher than midtable should not be 4.0 imo.

But yeah the defenders turned the game around - but I’d argue its because everyone has been able to jump to cheap value players like Almiron, Rashford, Martinelli, Saka, Ødegaard that there’s not much strategizing this year. Imo it creates a better game if players are maybe (overall) priced 1-1.5 higher than now. Even my dumbest cousin trails me in the league, ffs.
They fecked up their prices last season as well. Martinelli was 5m. :lol: He has been touted as one of the best talents to come out of their club for ages and had loads of appearances last season when arsenal had a pretty good season.
It'll be interesting next year for sure. With arse and United being decent again it make it tougher to get a template team together.

Maluco

I don't know about that. They won't play mugs like us every week.

I will decide after Bournemouth but blank, away at City, away at Chelsea, Arsenal doesn't exact scream mega points to me.
I think you are right to get as much info as possible. My choices this week will lock me in unless I want massive hits. I just think there are points to be had with their assets in single game weeks, and I would back them above the players I would be squeezing in for 29 and then wondering why i had them by 31.

The question I kept asking was, would you be totally happy with you team in GW 30 if you bring in certain players, and I wouldn’t have been. So FH is the answer for me.

All fake drama to keep getting engagement.
Maybe I need to be more cynical about things like this. I think I might be a bit naive :nervous:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The other day my wife asked me to look at dining tables... Right before deadline.

Then she shouts "did you find any?" And I'm like "yeah yeah just finding a few more"

Then my snitch daughter goes "no he's not, he's looking at this thing with Football shirts and changing them around" :mad:
:lol::lol:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I was planning to FH for gameweek 28, which I thought was an obvious choice but this thread seems to make it sound as if its not preferable at all?!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yeah agreed. Most of my time on this forum is spent in here.
My best memory about this thread was two years ago. I was switching between only two threads; This and Ole thread.
Raging on Ole thread, chilling here, raging on Ole thread, chilling here...it was a great balance for mood:D

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I was planning to FH for gameweek 28, which I thought was an obvious choice but this thread seems to make it sound as if its not preferable at all?!
It's so team dependant. I think there's a split now as well between people that wildcarded to set up for the next few game weeks and those that didn't. Sounds obvious but what's best for someone else might not be best for you.

saik

Caved in and WC'd my team. Feels very wrong to bench two Arsenal players.
Raya
Mee Estupinan
Trippier
Mitoma March Saka Rashford
Toney Haaland Kane
Bench: Ward Martinelli White Burn.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Caved in and WC'd my team. Feels very wrong to bench two Arsenal players.
Raya
Mee Estupinan
Trippier
Mitoma March Saka Rashford
Toney Haaland Kane
Bench: Ward Martinelli White Burn.
How many can you field next week?
It feels slightly mad ripping teams up to get max Brentford and Brighton coverage to me.