Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Schmeichel Jackson

Supports
Juventus
Watkins is in good enough form to take a chance on him with a FT. Sell Haaland and bring him back in GW30.

Watching him annihilate Liverpool will be tough watching though :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm about to swap Haaland to Watkins but Iheanacho been giving me a seductive wink... could he be a good differential or at least cover for Maddison, who I can't afford?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
PLAN A:

GW28 - Roll in with 10 players:

Kepa
Botman, Trippier, Zinchenko, Chilwell, Henry
Martinelli, Saka
Kane, Haaland, Toney

Subs: Raya, Rashy, March, Mitoma

GW29 - 3 transfers (-4) - Saka, Martinelli and Znichenko out to Shaw, Fernandes and Mac Allister. BB with a total of 13 DGW players.

Kepa
Botman, Trippier, Shaw, Chilwell, Henry
Mac Allister, Fernandes

Kane, Haaland, Toney

My big worry here is losing the triple Arsenal for Leeds. Happy to not have them for the Liverpool game after. West Ham will be difficult to watch, then bring them back on FH32 and happy to not have them beyond that when the fixtures turn difficult (City, Chelsea, Newcastle, Brighton).

PLAN B:

GW28 - Remove Haaland to roll in with 11 players:

Kepa
Botman, Trippier, Zinchenko, Chilwell, Henry
Martinelli, Saka
Kane, Watkins, Toney

GW29 - 2 transfers (-4) - Saka and Znichenko out to Shaw and Fernandes. BB with a total of 13 DGW players.

Kepa
Botman, Trippier, Shaw, Chilwell, Henry

Martinelli, Fernandes
Kane, Watkins, Toney

Then take a hit to do Fernandes and Toney to Haaland and maybe Maddison then go from there...

Would love thoughts as I am quite conflicted... @Sandikan @CassiusClaymore @Moby @Red Star One @anyone
Haaland out to Watkins is interesting.
In effect 3 games for 1, but does Watkins do much to justify that? And can Haaland still onion bag v this Liverpool team next week? As well as losing maybe 0.4m.

There's plenty of dough flushing around this year though isn't there.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What's my play here - 9 players as it stands

Ward
Trippier, Botman, White, Tarko
Martinelli, Saka (c)
Toney, Kane.

Rashy, Haaland, Andreas, Mitoma , De Gea no games (Bueno injured).

Andreas might be a decent switch to Maddison. But can Maddison handle 3 games in 2 game weeks?

Haaland out for a -4?

Captain choice? Saka as it stands, but Toney or Kane might have just as good a shout.

@Sandikan @CassiusClaymore @Moby @Red Star One @anyone

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Haaland out to Watkins is interesting.
In effect 3 games for 1, but does Watkins do much to justify that? And can Haaland still onion bag v this Liverpool team next week? As well as losing maybe 0.4m.

There's plenty of dough flushing around this year though isn't there.
I think it might be worth it yeah. Watkins has 2 decent fixtures and I can easily bring the cyborg back as money is not an issue. I know haaland will destroy Liverpool and it will be Salah-gate all over again :lol:

Ward
Martinelli, Saka (c)
Toney, Kane.

Andreas might be a decent switch to Maddison. But can Maddison handle 3 games in 2 game weeks?

Haaland out for a -4?

Captain choice? Saka as it stands, but Toney or Kane might have just as good a shout.

You used to tag me in these but now... you tag yourself instead? :lol:

I would get rid of Bueno. It gives you an extra player this week and also maybe if you get a Mee or Henry/Pinnok, you can have that same player double next week. I'm gonna captain Kane personally.

Red Star One

Ward
Martinelli, Saka (c)
Toney, Kane.

Haaland out for a -4?

Depends if you have some money in the bank and I guess it's not an issue, but I'd probably prioritise getting rid of deadwood rather than Haaland first, especially for hits. You'll want him back soon enough and even if Watkins is probably better for 28+29 it's still two transfer you'll commit to selling and then buying Haaland, not sure if it's worth it. Perhaps keep him as a differential for 29 and just swap Andreas for Maddison/Almiron with decent 28 + double 29 or Bueno for flavour of the week Chilwell or perhaps Villa defender. Hits are not so painful this week, but still not great if you plan on reversing transfers.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Got Almiron in for Grealish and able to field 11 players (assuming Emerson is fit to play finally, the cnut). Then WC next DGW.

Had kinda been preparing for this BGW (took out Haaland last week already), knew I just needed to replace Grealish for another midfielder but my god the midfield landscape is dire this week. Went with Almiron because I just couldn't afford Son.

Red Star One

Isak looking sexier now that Wilson seems to be ruled out and completely out of match fitness. Martinelli played 120 minutes yesterday, I'm wondering if he keeps his place for the weekend. Same for Zinchenko. Arsenal is becoming more difficult to navigate ehhh

Moby

Dick

Ward
Martinelli, Saka (c)
Toney, Kane.

Haaland out for a -4?

Andreas to Maddison sounds good.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think it might be worth it yeah. Watkins has 2 decent fixtures and I can easily bring the cyborg back as money is not an issue. I know haaland will destroy Liverpool and it will be Salah-gate all over again :lol:

I would get rid of Bueno. It gives you an extra player this week and also maybe if you get a Mee or Henry/Pinnok, you can have that same player double next week. I'm gonna captain Kane personally.
Ah damn, i lazily pasted the cast list from yours! :lol:
Forgetting to switch mine to yours!!

Moby

Dick
Maddy seems the obvious pick as he plays this week, then doubles and then plays Bournemouth... But Leicester are wank and Odegaard can probably outscore him within two games :lol:
Ode is the safe bet. It’s Fixtures v Form.

Famous last words here but the last time Maddison done anything was GW23.

I guess it depends on how much of a differential you need. Maddison is 8% ownership whereas Ode is 33%
Cheers.

With Maddison, it potentially saves you a transfer if he looks good and you want to keep him anyway in 29 and has a good game in 30 as well. However, he is travelling with England, already looking half fit and no idea if he will make it back in one piece.

Ode likely outscores him this GW as palace at home for arsenal is a better game than brentford away for leicester who are looking clueless. And I can think of doing Ode to Bruno in 29, or maybe just even keep him as Leeds at home can outscore a doubler but I feel my instinct would be to get a doubler. So it likely costs me an extra transfer.

Of course there's another thing that with arsenal you don't know who scores this GW. Maybe even a cheeky Trossard punt?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Depends if you have some money in the bank and I guess it's not an issue, but I'd probably prioritise getting rid of deadwood rather than Haaland first, especially for hits. You'll want him back soon enough and even if Watkins is probably better for 28+29 it's still two transfer you'll commit to selling and then buying Haaland, not sure if it's worth it. Perhaps keep him as a differential for 29 and just swap Andreas for Maddison/Almiron with decent 28 + double 29 or Bueno for flavour of the week Chilwell or perhaps Villa defender. Hits are not so painful this week, but still not great if you plan on reversing transfers.

Ta chaps and @mobes
Will work on Andreas and Bueno outs for players this week who double next.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok I'm 0.3m short of Bueno & Andreas to Chilwell and Maddo, so have to pick one or the other.

Might be best to do Chilwell and Almiron then.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm about to swap Haaland to Watkins but Iheanacho been giving me a seductive wink... could he be a good differential or at least cover for Maddison, who I can't afford?
Just saw Watkins form, 6 goals in 7. Hadn't actually noticed that...

may change things.

Week 29 wildcard trying to set it for week 32 bench boost might be the play?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Might have to do a -4, Bueno and Haaland to Chilwell and Watkins. That'd be a 10 man team with Ward probably out.

Have the wildcard to bring Haaland back I think.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Ward
Martinelli, Saka (c)
Toney, Kane.

Haaland out for a -4?

Haaland out for Watkins and then Toney to back to Haaland later looks obvious.

Rauður Djöfull

not sure if I should sell Haaland for Toney or Andras for Almiron / Maddison / Buendia?

Got 3-4m in the bank so not a problem to buy back but things often change so 2-3 rounds from now it may not be as straight forward as it is now

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Are there any obvious punts people would go for in a free hit? I heard Mudryk was good against Leicester and that would avoid the Havertz/Watkins conundrum.

I have Son in right now but he doesn’t really convince me. Trossard is a possibility too but he might not even start depending on Jesus/Martinelli.

I am going to plump for James too, can’t go too wrong for a week.

Anyone obvious I am missing that might be a differential?

saik

Can't decide between one of Martinelli, Odegaard and Maddison to bring in this week. :(
I have Martinelli in my team but I'm dreading that he's going to be benched. He played the full 120min midweek and Trossard started on the bench. It's risky to transfer him in this week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I have Martinelli in my team but I'm dreading that he's going to be benched. He played the full 120min midweek and Trossard started on the bench. It's risky to transfer him in this week.
Agreed. The classic don't buy don't sell example.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My rival has this combo. And Saliba. Finally something goes my way after he was laughing about the March incident. Lovely stuff.
I had a fleeting thought of a wildcard to BB next week. But there's a few things that ward me off.
Arsenal home to Leeds is a great single.
You'd want City/United/Liverpool/Brighton coverage really, so have to choose only 4 for those teams, or go in <11 players this week.

Might wildcard next week.

But unless anyone can stop me.

Bueno & Haaland to Chilwell & Watkins for -4 seems the percentage play to field 10. (Unless Ward does end up playing)
If I could have afforded Bueno & Andreas to Chilwell & Maddison it might have worked, but 1) I can't, and 2) Maddo is just as likely to disappear off injured for weeks,

@Dirty Schwein @Moby @CassiusClaymore

Pushing the button on the bolded?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Nope, you can roll them. If you have 2FT and you use only one now, you’ll have two next GW.
@Dirty Schwein
i am going to FH this week as i only have 1 sub and 9 players playing (including Saliba who is a doubt). Question is, if i use FH, i won't have 2 subs next week, correct? Only 1?

Reason for asking is i think i need to use this weeks free sub FIRST (in prep for the DGW's next) and then FH - meaning the player i bring in for the DGW will still be there once the FH has been played and my team reverts "back to normal" for the DGW? Otherwise i essentially "lose" a sub if i play my FH first. Not sure if this makes sense?

saik

Need some advice. Is it worth it to do a -4 this week to get a full 11 out? Basically doing the popular transfer of Haaland to Watkins or Havertz. But I'm scared to transfer out Haaland. :lol:

Teja

Need some advice. Is it worth it to do a -4 this week to get a full 11 out? Basically doing the popular transfer of Haaland to Watkins or Havertz. But I'm scared to transfer out Haaland. :lol:
3 games for Watkins vs 1 game for Haaland. It has to work out :nervous:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I had a fleeting thought of a wildcard to BB next week. But there's a few things that ward me off.
Arsenal home to Leeds is a great single.
You'd want City/United/Liverpool/Brighton coverage really, so have to choose only 4 for those teams, or go in <11 players this week.

Might wildcard next week.

But unless anyone can stop me.

Bueno & Haaland to Chilwell & Watkins for -4 seems the percentage play to field 10. (Unless Ward does end up playing)
If I could have afforded Bueno & Andreas to Chilwell & Maddison it might have worked, but 1) I can't, and 2) Maddo is just as likely to disappear off injured for weeks,

@Dirty Schwein @Moby @CassiusClaymore

Pushing the button on the bolded?
Looks sensible to me.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Don't be scared in a week he doesn't play. Be scared the week after.

I've got the money to bring him straight back.