Fantasy Premier League 22/23

CM

Had a good week with my wildcard but 28 points left on the bench is pretty brutal. I doubt I'm going to beat that score for my bench boost in 29.

Rauður Djöfull

20 points on the bench but ended on 90 so not to upset

I got 9 players available and one FT
Should I get Haaland out for Toney or Andreas P for someone else? (Who?)

There will be more blanks and double weeks right? I still have WC and Free Hit chip + Bench Boost chip. In doubt when to use

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Up to 67k. My best rank of the season which hasn't been a great one going by last 4/5 years.

Hopefully can push into top 10k by the end but I think it will be tough.

JuriM

There will be more blanks and double weeks right? I still have WC and Free Hit chip + Bench Boost chip. In doubt when to use

Yea plenty of tinkering left with potential FA Cup ties still changing the schedule.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

31 on mine. 82 on the pitch. Knew this was the week to BB. :rolleyes:

That March incident has literally cost me the lead in my cash league as well. I was right about that hunch as well. Oh well...

Kind of in a no mans land this week with 8 players (have already done Chilwell in for TAA). Certainly enough to not use FH but missing Kane could be costly. Not sure whether to hit in the likes of Maddison and Kane.

Bus team...

Raya (Ward)
Chilwell Trippier Kilman Gabriel (Estupian)
Saka (Rashford) (Salah) (March) (Mac Allister)
Toney Watkins (Haaland)

Moby

Dick
31 on mine. 82 on the pitch. Knew this was the week to BB. :rolleyes:

That March incident has literally cost me the lead in my cash league as well. I was right about that hunch as well. Oh well...

Kind of in a no mans land this week with 8 players (have already done Chilwell in for TAA). Certainly enough to not use FH but missing Kane could be costly. Not sure whether to hit in the likes of Maddison and Kane.

Bus team...

Raya (Ward)
Chilwell Trippier Kilman Gabriel (Estupian)
Saka (Rashford) (Salah) (March) (Mac Allister)
Toney Watkins (Haaland)
Are you keeping Salah for 29 and beyond?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Ffs. 91 points and red arrow. Game became serious at this point.
This is game for pros now like Moby, Dirty, Sandikan ....we amateurs are fecked.:D

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Current team

Pope
Gabriel
- Trippier - Shaw
KDB - Mitoma - Rashford - Mahrez
Haaland - Johnson - Kane

so only 4 have games, Johnson is injured

0.3m in bank
2 FTs
Wildcard available, Freehit already used

thoughts/recommendations

Dan_F

Looks like I'll finish on 96. Which I was very happy with until I came in here and everyone has over 100 :lol:
97 for me, but it also depends on the situation. I’m going to come out of these blanks/doubles with WC and FH still to play, so losing 5 points on others isn’t a worry.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Are you keeping Salah for 29 and beyond?
That's the question isn't it. Him and Haaland are the obvious make weights for an extra player this week. Maybe err'ing more on the side of keeping him now that they are out of everything also Toney is one booking away from a 2 game ban. If he gets it next game I could bring Haaland straight back in.

So yeah keep Salah and do Haaland > Kane or current twitter darling Kai Havertz who has trolled me many times in the past. Anyone else I'm missing? Newcastle striker maybe but then Wilson is injured again and I'm not sure who is favoured over him and Isaak anyway.

Nacho?
Solanke?
Johnson? (injured)

Meh.

hodgey123

Wildcard with a view to using bench boost in GW29. That was the original plan for all of us who used our wildcard either last week or before that.
Would you mind sharing your team? Unsure what the best teams to target would be in terms of bench boost in GW29?

Moby

Dick
That's the question isn't it. Him and Haaland are the obvious make weights for an extra player this week. Maybe err'ing more on the side of keeping him now that they are out of everything also Toney is one booking away from a 2 game ban. If he gets it next game I could bring Haaland straight back in.

So yeah keep Salah and do Haaland > Kane or current twitter darling Kai Havertz who has trolled me many times in the past. Anyone else I'm missing? Newcastle striker maybe but then Wilson is injured again and I'm not sure who is favoured over him and Isaak anyway.

Nacho?
Solanke?
Johnson? (injured)

Meh.
Kane over jobbers like Watkins and Havertz but he doesn't double so it's tricky. Isak is interesting but they have a lot of attackers.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Kane over jobbers like Watkins and Havertz but he doesn't double so it's tricky. Isak is interesting but they have a lot of attackers.
Yeah probably not best to overthink this. Only trouble is I can't keep all of Kane, Salah and Haaland with the rest of my squad.

Red Star One

Current team

Pope
Gabriel
- Trippier - Shaw
KDB - Mitoma - Rashford - Mahrez
Haaland - Johnson - Kane

so only 4 have games, Johnson is injured

0.3m in bank
2 FTs
Wildcard available, Freehit already used

thoughts/recommendations
With no FH, this is definitely in the wildcard range and I'd say WC 100% if it wasn't for 2FTs that you have, would be a shame to waste them. Could get to 7 players with a -4, perhaps maybe even a mini-surgery for -8? Are you planning to bench boost in 29?

saik

@Moby - just searched online and found this

FPL GW27 Wildcard Team & Drafts to Consider | Wildcard Guide (allaboutfpl.com)

Don't necessarily agree with some of the picks but it might give you some ideas
Would you mind sharing your team? Unsure what the best teams to target would be in terms of bench boost in GW29?
Very similar to whats there in that link. Except I have people like Dan Burn, Maddison and Haaland still in my team.

Can't bring myself to take out Haaland even if he is blanking this coming GW and has only 1 game in the GW after that.

Red Star One

I'm most probably going to pull the trigger on WC now too, and still BB next. Team to field 11 now and still have decent BB potential would be something like:

Kepa (Steele)
Chilwell, Trippier, Schar/Botman, Zinchenko/Gabriel/White (+ on the bench most likely Shaw, I'd love him for 29 and the rest of the season, such a great option, but if he plays CB it's a bit worse)
Saka Martinelli/Odegaard Maddison (Rashford, Mitoma/MacAllister)
Kane + two out of Havertz/Toney/Watkins

possibly tripling on Brighton in DGW29 with FT of Saka/Martinelli/Odegaard to Brighton midfielder and leaving money in the bank for one of Havertz/Toney/Watkins to Haalands in GW 30.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
With no FH, this is definitely in the wildcard range and I'd say WC 100% if it wasn't for 2FTs that you have, would be a shame to waste them. Could get to 7 players with a -4, perhaps maybe even a mini-surgery for -8? Are you planning to bench boost in 29?
BB29 was planning on it but just looking at my bench I’ve got Mee, Andreas, Fae. So, I’ve swapped Mee in for Shaw which gives my a full defence.
cant Make up my mind between WC or taking the hit

redcucumber

What do people reckon out of Watkins or Havertz? Watkins has got the form but if Chelsea hit their stride they are surely more of a threat than Villa - all 3 of Chelsea's game are at home whereas Villa only have one at home. Feels mental to be taking Haaland out.

Red Star One

What do people reckon out of Watkins or Havertz? Watkins has got the form but if Chelsea hit their stride they are surely more of a threat than Villa - all 3 of Chelsea's game are at home whereas Villa only have one at home. Feels mental to be taking Haaland out.
Good chance I get both on the WC and skip Toney, who’s so close to suspension. Mental to go without Haaland yes, but I think Watkins and Havertz outscore him in three games compared to his one. Haaland back in for gw30 for sure though.

Moby

Dick
Good chance I get both on the WC and skip Toney, who’s so close to suspension. Mental to go without Haaland yes, but I think Watkins and Havertz outscore him in three games compared to his one. Haaland back in for gw30 for sure though.
I was considering captaining Toney this GW. Saka is the other choice but you never know who scores for arsenal. Toney has fantastic underlying stats and at home vs the second worst defense over last 6 GWs.

Red Star One

I was considering captaining Toney this GW. Saka is the other choice but you never know who scores for arsenal. Toney has fantastic underlying stats and at home vs the second worst defense over last 6 GWs.
Surely Toney is a great captain option, I just wonder if I don’t feel punty enough to drop him if I can do it for free on the WC. He should rise tonight too, so I wait for that before I potentially sell him. You know the moment I do it he becomes an angel and stops getting this ridiculous cards.

Nickosaur

Always assumed I'd hang onto Haaland through this but
this is really making me consider a two week swap.
Watkins: BOU / che / lei
Havertz: EVE / AVL / LIV
Compared to
Haaland: LIV

redcucumber

I've already got Toney so it's Watkins or Havertz for me. Can't get rid of both Kane and Haaland, especially not with Kane's fixtures.

Nickosaur

Havertz has the better fixtures but Watkins in better form... so leaning towards Watkins.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I activated my free hit.

Kepa
Trippier Chilwell Gabriel
JWP Martinelli Saka Almiron
Watkins Toney Kane

Moby

Dick
Always assumed I'd hang onto Haaland through this but

this is really making me consider a two week swap.
Watkins: BOU / che / lei
Havertz: EVE / AVL / LIV
Compared to
Haaland: LIV
Yeah Haaland has to score minimum two goals in that game to even outscore just the appearance points you get in three games in comparison.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I'm most probably going to pull the trigger on WC now too, and still BB next. Team to field 11 now and still have decent BB potential would be something like:

Kepa (Steele)
Chilwell, Trippier, Schar/Botman, Zinchenko/Gabriel/White (+ on the bench most likely Shaw, I'd love him for 29 and the rest of the season, such a great option, but if he plays CB it's a bit worse)
Saka Martinelli/Odegaard Maddison (Rashford, Mitoma/MacAllister)
Kane + two out of Havertz/Toney/Watkins

possibly tripling on Brighton in DGW29 with FT of Saka/Martinelli/Odegaard to Brighton midfielder and leaving money in the bank for one of Havertz/Toney/Watkins to Haalands in GW 30.
Is Shaw a worse option at CB? That's when he was snagging all the bonus points iirc.

Moby

Dick
Surely Toney is a great captain option, I just wonder if I don’t feel punty enough to drop him if I can do it for free on the WC. He should rise tonight too, so I wait for that before I potentially sell him. You know the moment I do it he becomes an angel and stops getting this ridiculous cards.
He's definitely going out in near future as that ruling and ban is likely coming in April so there's a case of not buying him permanently now.

Red Star One

Is Shaw a worse option at CB? That's when he was snagging all the bonus points iirc.
Yeah, that's why I'm likely bringing him in even if he stays at CB, though it's not ideal and I'd prefer him higher up the pitch. Still taking the FKs and offering a decent attacking potential, plus I believe he's quite nailed and not going to be rested.
Yeah Haaland has to score minimum two goals in that game to even outscore just the appearance points you get in three games in comparison.
Yes, although tbh in such calculations you also have to include the cost of transfers, each is worth 4 points after all. Selling Haaland now (not on WC) and buying him back consumes two FTs, hefty price for just two GWs. On the wildcard it's just one transfer to bring him back, so it's a bit easier.

Moby

Dick
I'm okay selling Salah but really struggling to invest in Maddison. That team is massively struggling at the moment and he has his injury scares. Any other midfielder option out there? Billing?

Moby

Dick
Yes, although tbh in such calculations you also have to include the cost of transfers, each is worth 4 points after all. Selling Haaland now (not on WC) and buying him back consumes two FTs, hefty price for just two GWs. On the wildcard it's just one transfer to bring him back, so it's a bit easier.
Yeah I sold him on WC so was an easier call.

Red Star One

I'm okay selling Salah but really struggling to invest in Maddison. That team is massively struggling at the moment and he has his injury scares. Any other midfielder option out there? Billing?
Bournemouth are fighting for their lives but I'm not touching any of their players. Almiron is quite a differential now with a good 28 fixture + solid DGW in 29

Moby

Dick
Bournemouth are fighting for their lives but I'm not touching any of their players. Almiron is quite a differential now with a good 28 fixture + solid DGW in 29
Ah. I haven't owned that guy so far this season as i never thought he would be a consistent returner but yeah Newcastle attack is interesting now. He didn't start last game though and I think everyone except Gordon is fit so not sure who starts next. Is he nailed on to start?

Red Star One

Ah. I haven't owned that guy so far this season as i never thought he would be a consistent returner but yeah Newcastle attack is interesting now. He didn't start last game though and I think everyone except Gordon is fit so not sure who starts next. Is he nailed on to start?
I think it was the first time he was dropped to bench, he came on to score a winner and let’s be honest, Jacob Murphy is far from a top class player so the competition is not so strong. The last truly nailed player was Rooney under van Gaal, but I think Miggy will start the next game and most probably games after too.