Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Red Star One

Leicester form since the WC:

LLLLDWWLLLL. Feels a bit mental picking anyone from that team. Chelsea should've put 5 past them as well.
Chelsea, Arsenal, United and Spurs in the last 5 games and you could argue Maddison deserved an assist or two in the Southampton game. I fully see why you don’t feel the same hype as many content creators, I think it’s a bit of a nostalgic pick and trying to get ahead of the curve, great fixtures too. I’m not touching Leicester defenders but Maddison might be fun especially as I might not own Brentford defense after the WC, so can happily cheer for him.

Moby

Dick
Chelsea, Arsenal, United and Spurs in the last 5 games and you could argue Maddison deserved an assist or two in the Southampton game. I fully see why you don’t feel the same hype as many content creators, I think it’s a bit of a nostalgic pick and trying to get ahead of the curve, great fixtures too. I’m not touching Leicester defenders but Maddison might be fun especially as I might not own Brentford defense after the WC, so can happily cheer for him.
Yeah he's got set piece threat mainly but I don't agree they have great fixtures given the state they are in. Brentford away I don't expect them to win and like I said I will captain Toney. Another away game to palace after that. For comparison I feel that Bournemouth home game to Fulham screams goals and cherries will have to go all out in that. But obviously not really sold on their players either. It does feel like a reputation based pick over actual form.

Edit Bournemouth actually has one more point than Leicester since the WC. :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Have people got 2 WCs left and if so, how can you tell? I can get 10/11 starts with a -4 so will probably go with that. Still got FH remaining so will use that in the upcoming DGWs I think.
What you talking bout Willis? I can tell you now that nobody has 2 wildcards left.

SteveCoppellFan

Have 2 free transfers, used one on Watkins in for Haaland.

That gives me 10 players, I could take out the Brighton defender and bring in James for a triple Chelsea defence but that seems a touch optimistic going forward.

Might just play 10 and carry forward the transfer and then remove the 3 Arsenal players in GW29 for Bruno, Maddison and Shaw for a single hit.

Red Star One

I have no idea, I may be confused. I've seen it mentioned but probably got the wrong end of the stick!
You can only have one WC, one is given in the first half of the season, the other in the second and if you don’t use the first one it doesn’t roll but is wasted. If you click on gameweek history of any player, at the bottom of the screen you’ll see all the chips used by him already (and in which GW they did it)

paulscholes18

You did have a extra one during the world cup this year, but i cant remember if you had to use it as a chip or if it was just free changes during that period.
It was unlimited transfers, but the changes you made got added to your total transfers.

Canuckred64

After my transfer I still only have 9 players this week.Considering a 4 point hit, Darwin out Felix or Havertz or maybe Watkins in. Good idea?

paulscholes18

After my transfer I still only have 9 players this week.Considering a 4 point hit, Darwin out Felix or Havertz or maybe Watkins in. Good idea?
Yes, those 3 have 3 games to Darwin’s 1 which is City away, pays for it self just in appearances

Canuckred64

Yes, those 3 have 3 games to Darwin’s 1 which is City away, pays for it self just in appearances
Darwin does have the double game week City and Chelsea away, two tough fixtures. But Watkins is hot and has Bournemouth and Leicester ,so I am leaning towards Watkins rather than either of the Cheslea forwards.

ROFLUTION

Freehitting:

Ødegaard or Martinelli? Or even Trossard? Or Jesus?

(Martinelli just played 120 minutes, Trossard 75, Jesus 45, Ødegaard 20)

Duafc

Village Lemon
Had 10 starters but Saliba doubt is a worry now.

Still have WC free hit and BB and was hoping not to use either with 10 playing.

Was gonna minus 4 Andreas but options aren't great... Now maybe the hit to swap out Saliba and get back to 10 is best...

Mcking

Current team

Pope
Gabriel
- Trippier - Shaw
KDB - Mitoma - Rashford - Mahrez
Haaland - Johnson - Kane

so only 4 have games, Johnson is injured

0.3m in bank
2 FTs
Wildcard available, Freehit already used

thoughts/recommendations
A definite wildcard. The team neither look good for GW28 nor GW29.

Mcking

I'm most probably going to pull the trigger on WC now too, and still BB next. Team to field 11 now and still have decent BB potential would be something like:

Kepa (Steele)
Chilwell, Trippier, Schar/Botman, Zinchenko/Gabriel/White (+ on the bench most likely Shaw, I'd love him for 29 and the rest of the season, such a great option, but if he plays CB it's a bit worse)
Saka Martinelli/Odegaard Maddison (Rashford, Mitoma/MacAllister)
Kane + two out of Havertz/Toney/Watkins

possibly tripling on Brighton in DGW29 with FT of Saka/Martinelli/Odegaard to Brighton midfielder and leaving money in the bank for one of Havertz/Toney/Watkins to Haalands in GW 30.
Literally my team apart from Ward for Steele. I'm considering going for Steele over Ward though as his fixtures in 29 look better. Currently on Ward because Brighton and Chelsea both likely blank in GW32.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Stuck with my plan and binned TAA, Salah and Haaland for Chilwell, Maddison, Kane (-8)

Team is now

Raya (Pickford)
Chilwell Kilman Gabriel Trippier (Estupian)
Maddison Saka (Rashford) (March) (Mac Allister)
Kane Toney Watkins

And 2/3 players away from a decent looking 29 BB. £6.7m in the bank so easy to get Haaland back in for Toney and upgrade Pickford and Kilman.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
PLAN A:

GW28 - Roll in with 10 players:

Kepa
Botman, Trippier, Zinchenko, Chilwell, Henry
Martinelli, Saka
Kane, Haaland, Toney

Subs: Raya, Rashy, March, Mitoma

GW29 - 3 transfers (-4) - Saka, Martinelli and Znichenko out to Shaw, Fernandes and Mac Allister. BB with a total of 13 DGW players.

Kepa
Botman, Trippier, Shaw, Chilwell, Henry
Mac Allister, Fernandes

Kane, Haaland, Toney

My big worry here is losing the triple Arsenal for Leeds. Happy to not have them for the Liverpool game after. West Ham will be difficult to watch, then bring them back on FH32 and happy to not have them beyond that when the fixtures turn difficult (City, Chelsea, Newcastle, Brighton).

PLAN B:

GW28 - Remove Haaland to roll in with 11 players:

Kepa
Martinelli, Saka
Kane, Watkins, Toney

GW29 - 2 transfers (-4) - Saka and Znichenko out to Shaw and Fernandes. BB with a total of 13 DGW players.

Kepa

Martinelli, Fernandes
Kane, Watkins, Toney

Then take a hit to do Fernandes and Toney to Haaland and maybe Maddison then go from there...

Would love thoughts as I am quite conflicted... @Sandikan @CassiusClaymore @Moby @Red Star One @anyone

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
PLAN A:

Kepa
Martinelli, Saka
Kane, Haaland, Toney

GW29 - 3 transfers (-4) - Saka, Martinelli and Znichenko out to Shaw, Fernandes and Mac Allister. BB with a total of 13 DGW players.

Kepa
Mac Allister, Fernandes

Kane, Haaland, Toney

My big worry here is losing the triple Arsenal for Leeds. Happy to not have them for the Liverpool game after. West Ham will be difficult to watch, then bring them back on FH32 and happy to not have them beyond that when the fixtures turn difficult (City, Chelsea, Newcastle, Brighton).

PLAN B:

Kepa
Martinelli, Saka
Kane, Watkins, Toney

GW29 - 2 transfers (-4) - Saka and Znichenko out to Shaw and Fernandes. BB with a total of 13 DGW players.

Kepa

Martinelli, Fernandes
Kane, Watkins, Toney

Then take a hit to do Fernandes and Toney to Haaland and maybe Maddison then go from there...

Would love thoughts as I am quite conflicted... @Sandikan @CassiusClaymore @Moby @Red Star One @anyone
You might as well lose Haaland this week if you can afford to get him back. Everyone will be ditching Toney for him when he inevitably picks up that yellow card in the next game or two.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Silly FPL question but a rolled transfer cannot be rolled on to next week right? If I have 2 I have to use them both today?

Red Star One

Literally my team apart from Ward for Steele. I'm considering going for Steele over Ward though as his fixtures in 29 look better. Currently on Ward because Brighton and Chelsea both likely blank in GW32.
Good chance I end up on 3 Brighton players after DGW29, so I think FH in 32 will be inevitable for me.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Nope, you can roll them. If you have 2FT and you use only one now, you’ll have two next GW.
You can only roll 2 so yeah, use 1.
Thanks. My 2 blanks are Rashford and Haaland. I have 2 FTs, so I might sell both now, get Rashy back next GW and Haaland back after that. I dont like telegraphing transfers though - but this plan gives me XI this week

Moby

Dick
PLAN A:

Kepa
Martinelli, Saka
Kane, Haaland, Toney

Kepa
Mac Allister, Fernandes

Kane, Haaland, Toney

PLAN B:

Kepa
Martinelli, Saka
Kane, Watkins, Toney

Kepa

Martinelli, Fernandes
Kane, Watkins, Toney

Sell cyborg

hodgey123

Did -8 to end up with the following (10 starters):

Raya
Trippier Chilwell Kilman
Martinelli Odegaard Saka Mitoma (no game)
Kane Watkins Toney

Shall I just use my wildcard to recoup the 8 points and replace Mitoma and put myself in a good position for the DGW29 (and, if so, who to target?)

Moby

Dick
Stuck with my plan and binned TAA, Salah and Haaland for Chilwell, Maddison, Kane (-8)

Team is now

Raya (Pickford)
Chilwell Kilman Gabriel Trippier (Estupian)
Maddison Saka (Rashford) (March) (Mac Allister)
Kane Toney Watkins

And 2/3 players away from a decent looking 29 BB. £6.7m in the bank so easy to get Haaland back in for Toney and upgrade Pickford and Kilman.
Confused on who to buy between Maddison and Odegaard this week.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Confused on who to buy between Maddison and Odegaard this week.
Maddy seems the obvious pick as he plays this week, then doubles and then plays Bournemouth... But Leicester are wank and Odegaard can probably outscore him within two games :lol:

Schmeichel Jackson

Supports
Juventus
Ode is the safe bet. It’s Fixtures v Form.

Famous last words here but the last time Maddison done anything was GW23.

I guess it depends on how much of a differential you need. Maddison is 8% ownership whereas Ode is 33%

Schmeichel Jackson

Supports
Juventus
Roll with 10 starters this week. Mitoma has 2 games in GW29 so is worth holding on to considering his form.

You can deal with GW29 after this GW. If you have bench boost and a strong enough bench you may not need to Wildcard in 29.