Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Paul_Scholes18

It will be hard to find cheap attackers. Danny fecking Welbeck is 6.5 mil ffs.
Gelhardth is 5.5 damn it. He is not even a starter for a bad side.

4.5 will be pure shit that gets 0 points over a season.

Before wildcard you can get away with that I guess, but really boring.

paulscholes18

Liverpool, Us, Wolves, Villa and Fulham are the teams that we get prices for tomorrow

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Salah needs to be minimum 13.5m to make the decision some what questionable. If he's 13 or 12.5m he's straight in nearly everyone's team without any hesitation.

The game needs a refresh. It's been the Salah show for the last few seasons and it's becoming a bit dull. Captain points don't really mean diddly squat when everyone just lumps on him. I suppose Haaland will split this a bit this season though.

paulscholes18

Salah 13
TAA 7.5
Robbo 7
Diaz 8
Nunez 9
Jota 9 (forward)

Surprised that TAA and Robbo wasn't 0.5 higher and Diaz 1m more

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Allison, Trent and Robertson are all £0.5m underpriced imo.

Jota probably not an option now with price increase, rotation and new position.

Salah expected. Diaz interesting.

Paul_Scholes18

Quite interesting costs I say. Defenders and keepers not very expensive.

Forwards so far super expensive. To have a 4.5 striker seem like a good strategy, but so boring. They should have made most strikers 0.5 cheaper and most defenders 0.5 higher apart from the 4.5 from bad teams.

I want goals though, but clean sheets might be more efficient.

I like having options and balance, but with Bamford 7.5, Maupay 6.5 it is just not worth buying most likely.

Toney might still make my draft, but yes I rather have Robertson, Chilwell, Cancelo than him if I could pick extra defenders.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Definitely feels like they are trying to make the game easier for all the casuals. With some of these price drops 3 premiums for gw1 might actually be possible.

If they are making defenders for the team that finished 5th narrowly 4.5m then it kind of kills off the new promoted team players as viable options too. A huge error.

Not a fan of what we've seen so far.

Moby

Dick
Yeah doesn't look like much is gonna change. Those premium defenders not getting a rise is basically them keeping this more of a proper fantasy game where you can just have everyone.

Paul_Scholes18

Definitely feels like they are trying to make the game easier for all the casuals. With some of these price drops 3 premiums for gw1 might actually be possible.

If they are making defenders for the team that finished 5th narrowly 4.5m then it kind of kills off the new promoted team players as viable options too. A huge error.

If you look at it then it is not easier at all.

Cancelo much more expensive, Liverpool the same apart from keeper, Jota higher and Salah 0.5 higher. Nunez and Haaland fair costs I think even if Haaland can be worth 12. Given that Haaland only gets 4 per goal it is still fair.

Maupay the same, Welbeck 0.5 more. Undav maybe cheap.

Saka much more expensive, Martinelli, Ödegaard more expensvie. Ramsdale 5. Defenders same cost.

Brentford similar to last year with Mbeumo and Toney higher.

KDB the same, Foden the same, Grealish and Mahrez cheaper due to few minutes and poor returns from Grealish, Sterling similar cost, Bernardo similar.

Maybe we want them to be more reactive to a good season and make rotation risks high in case they get nailed? Although FPL always has nailed picks higher.

With Mahrez though I have played this game for years and Pep always finds a way to bench him. He also has no more pens I think.

I expect Son to be quite expensive and Kane as well. Bowen more expensive, Maddison higher. United picks lower.

The only thing is they decided to keep the price structure the same with cheap defenders and expensive forwards despite defenders doing better.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

This guy has three, arguably three and a half, but rest of team takes a hit. Could bin Nunez and boost defence but still have three of the four big hitters

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If you look at it then it is not easier at all.

Cancelo much more expensive, Liverpool the same apart from keeper, Jota higher and Salah 0.5 higher. Nunez and Haaland fair costs I think even if Haaland can be worth 12. Given that Haaland only gets 4 per goal it is still fair.

Maupay the same, Welbeck 0.5 more. Undav maybe cheap.

Saka much more expensive, Martinelli, Ödegaard more expensvie. Ramsdale 5. Defenders same cost.

Brentford similar to last year with Mbeumo and Toney higher.

KDB the same, Foden the same, Grealish and Mahrez cheaper due to few minutes and poor returns from Grealish, Sterling similar cost, Bernardo similar.

Maybe we want them to be more reactive to a good season and make rotation risks high in case they get nailed? Although FPL always has nailed picks higher.

With Mahrez though I have played this game for years and Pep always finds a way to bench him. He also has no more pens I think.

I expect Son to be quite expensive and Kane as well. Bowen more expensive, Maddison higher. United picks lower.

The only thing is they decided to keep the price structure the same with cheap defenders and expensive forwards despite defenders doing better.
I think you're missing the main point there. If Arsenal defenders are going in at 4.5m, a team who had a good defence and narrowly missed the CL, then it's a mistake and makes it very easy to build a squad for me. I

Dias at 8m when Mane was 12 is also a huge error. Trent at 7.5m is surely a given again too.

I don't think building a squad will be difficult at all. Not sure where you have that from. The main reaction on twitter is these prices are too low as well.

Mcking

People always complain about player prices and how everyone will end up with the same team and etc until GW2 when everyone is ripping up their teams to bring in some lads from Nottingham Forest.

Relax guys, everyone is still going to be playing under the same rules, and form and price changes are going to come into play during the season, so the influence of starting prices are being grossly overstated.

Last edited:

Mcking

People are going to fall into the trap of picking players that are not good enough, or won't start enough games because they look like they are 0.5m cheaper. Happens every year.

The prices look decent to me so far. White at 4.5m looks like he could be a decent squad option which probably won't be the case, but have him at 5.0m, and he becomes a dead asset. Personally think TAA are Robertson are the ones that could have been more expensive.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
People always complain about player prices and how everyone will end up with the same team and etc until GW2 when everyone is ripping up their teams to bring in some lads from Nottingham Forest.

Relax guys, everyone is still going to be playing under the same rules, and form and price changes are going to come into play during the season, so the influence of starting prices are being grossly overstated.
I mean that's simply not true. Nobody has ever had to rip up their team to bring in someone from a promoted team.

Paul_Scholes18

I think you're missing the main point there. If Arsenal defenders are going in at 4.5m, a team who had a good defence and narrowly missed the CL, then it's a mistake and makes it very easy to build a squad for me. I

Dias at 8m when Mane was 12 is also a huge error. Trent at 7.5m is surely a given again too.

I don't think building a squad will be difficult at all. Not sure where you have that from. The main reaction on twitter is these prices are too low as well.
Based on the predicted sites cost there has only been 0.5 difference from predicted though for most players and for the guys I wanted in my draft only 2 dropped and one went up. The big one is Haaland and TAA being 0.5 cheaper than I thought which may allow me to possible get both.

Mahrez drop in cost is big, but will you play Pep roulette again when you can get Saka with better fixtures for 8 as well?

Undav 0.5 cheaper than expected too, but not sure he is nailed.

Arsenal defenders could be slightly more expensive, but White had 0 attacking returns. Most predicted sites got this right though.

There can come new players as well that change things.

I think overall costs will stay roughly the same in terms of balance with it being harder to get all premium def, but many cheap defs.

The thing you need to remember it is all about relative cost. You can only have 5 defenders, 5 mids and 3 strikers.

Last edited:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The general consensus seems to be that strikers are overpriced and defenders are underpriced which is a little bit silly after last season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Liverpool prices gave me a headache. Allison for 5.5 is very tempting. If Lloris is not 5.0, i will buy Allison. TAA is nailed.
Salah for 13 is a no go. I will (i think) rather have Son (if Son will be 10.5-11) and Diaz then Salah and same 6 mil midfielder.
With Klopp you know that first trio starts every game

Paul_Scholes18

The general consensus seems to be that strikers are overpriced and defenders are underpriced which is a little bit silly after last season.

Just I think sad that for experienced pros it will be popular to have a dead spot up front and increase the luck factor with injuries and hits needed when you lack a full bench.

I have played that way before to fit the squad I want for gameweek 1, but long term I always bring in form strikers for cheap and have 3 in my squad.

If there is no playing striker under 6 million it really ruins the game I think.

Mcking

I mean that's simply not true. Nobody has ever had to rip up their team to bring in someone from a promoted team.
GW2 wildcards are usually very popular and you will see managers quickly swapping out the apparently underpriced lads for the ones that hauled in GW1.

My point is that the influence of starting prices are usually overstated considering the fact form and price changes exists.

Paul_Scholes18

United players are super cheap, but fair.

I will get Shaw I guess if it looks like he is starting.

Elanga for 5 could be the gem of the season if Ten Haag likes him wish he was a striker.

Rashford avoid.

Mcking

Ronaldo 10.5m
Fernandes 10.0m
Sancho 7.5m
Rashford 6.5m

Ours defenders are 5.0m

Paul_Scholes18

Ronaldo 10.5m
Fernandes 10.0m
Sancho 7.5m
Rashford 6.5m

Ours defenders are 5.0m
Defenders are far too cheap in general.

There is a strong case to go without TAA and Cancelo with these costs.

If United and Arsenal def is 5 Spurs def is likely 5 as well.

It is poor from FPL I think.

Last edited:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I can fully understand defenders being cheaper. Most are frankly useless as they'!! need to score or assist to get points, which is incredibly hard to guess. One error from any of the other defenders and their clean sheet points get wiped, unlike keepers who at least get points for saves.*

Basically you'll be paying less for the possibility of a clean sheet, a rare goal, or paying premium for the regular assisters (TAA, Cancelo, Robbo, etc)

*Defenders should likewise get points for tackling but FPL clearly can't be arsed with making the game more complex

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
United players are super cheap, but fair.

I will get Shaw I guess if it looks like he is starting.

Elanga for 5 could be the gem of the season if Ten Haag likes him wish he was a striker.

Rashford avoid.
If Rashford gets back to anything like we know he can be then he will be a real bargain at 6.5m. I suppose that will depend on if we sign another wife forward player though.

Mcking

Damn.....Haaland-Ronaldo attack looks tempting
Definitely going to two or three starting forwards as it stands. If there is a rule change to favour the fowards, then likely three. The forwards were terrible last season, but it's a new season and 343 has historically been successful.

Haaland, Gabriel Jesus and another decent priced striker looks tempting to start considering it is easier to move them around based on form, and faster price rises too. The 5-sub rule could play spoil sport though.

Mcking

Sancho might be worth a gamble at those prices. Not mad keen on ronaldo and Bruno until we see some more football
Our early fixtures look a bit difficult, but if Ten Hag turns out to be who they say he is, after the initial run, our players could become very good options considering how low they are priced.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Our early fixtures look a bit difficult, but if Ten Hag turns out to be who they say he is, after the initial run, our players could become very good options considering how low they are priced.
Yeah definitely a wait and see on us for now. Would need to see something exceptional in pre season to take a chance on any of them from the off.

Paul_Scholes18

Defender costs is really bad I think.

Too many good 5.0 defenders that should be 5.5.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ronaldo going is a real kick.
But maybe Rashford or Martial could become value, as knowing us we won't bring anyone in.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Didn't realize there was a thread.

Think the pricing is a bit shit and we're gonna end up with so many teams on template.

TAA is 7.5 despite being consistent and has all the routes for points (and he gets those fecking points).

Why the feck would you pick Bamford for 7.5 when TAA is the same price? TAA should have been 8m MINIMUM.

Salah needed to be at least 13.5.

Haaland, although new, needed at least a 12m price.

I can already see it:

Sanchez (or Raya) (4.5)
TAA (7.5), Cancelo (7), Tomiyasu (4.5), James (7)
Salah (13), Foden (8), Kulu (7.5), Mid (5.0)
Haaland (11.5), Mitrovic (6.5)

Subs: GK (4.0), Def (4.5), Mid (4.5), St (5.0)

Bolded players haven't been priced so I'm guessing their prices.

Mcking

Didn't realize there was a thread.

Think the pricing is a bit shit and we're gonna end up with so many teams on template.

TAA is 7.5 despite being consistent and has all the routes for points (and he gets those fecking points).

Why the feck would you pick Bamford for 7.5 when TAA is the same price? TAA should have been 8m MINIMUM.

Salah needed to be at least 13.5.

Haaland, although new, needed at least a 12m price.

I can already see it:

Sanchez (or Raya) (4.5)
TAA (7.5), Cancelo (7), Tomiyasu (4.5), James (7)
Salah (13), Foden (8), Kulu (7.5), Mid (5.0)
Haaland (11.5), Mitrovic (6.5)

Subs: GK (4.0), Def (4.5), Mid (4.5), St (5.0)

Bolded players haven't been priced so I'm guessing their prices.
Maybe GW1, but it is going to significantly change after a few gameweeks. Remember when Shaw, Digne were the obvious defenders to have, or when Sanchez was the best keeper. Turned out Cancelo, the Chelsea boys and Sa where the ones. Because a player looks like they should be 0.5m higher doesn't mean they are the best player to have.

The actual players to have will become clearer in the first few gameweeks, changes consistently, and regardless of prices, if you can have them, then everyone can have them as well because everyone starts from same place, play under the same rules and have a wildcard. Initial pricing is grossly overstated with form and price changes factors. For what it's worth, personally think the only player that should genuinely be higher though is TAA.

Think teams of the quality of Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal starting with the best fixtures also plays a part as to why the players look underpriced. If TAA for example was starting che WHU mci TOT or something similar, we'd be talking about how he might not be a good option to start at 7.5m. It's all relative, and FPL probably didn't consider fixtures in their pricing.

Paul_Scholes18

I think TAA vs Robbo will be intersting. Not much between them. I have normally rather had TAA, but it has changed from time to time.

I think I go Salah and cheap midfielders and big at the back. Kulu I wanted, but with Richarlison I fear for minutes.

My def I think will be Gabriel/Tierney, Cancelo, TAA, Robbo, ?

For mids right now thinking Neto or Podence and probably Gordon for 5.5. Then we will see.