Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Ronaldo going is a real kick.
But maybe Rashford or Martial could become value, as knowing us we won't bring anyone in.
Forget those two, Bruno will be the one to get. Top creator in the league, back to being the focal point and back on pens and direct FKs.

Mcking

Forget those two, Bruno will be the one to get. Top creator in the league, back to being the focal point and back on pens and direct FKs.
Would change if Eriksen comes in though. I doubt he would be as effective with Ten Hag too.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Maybe GW1, but it is going to significantly change after a few gameweeks. Remember when Shaw, Digne were the obvious defenders to have, or when Sanchez was the best keeper. Turned out Cancelo, the Chelsea boys and Sa where the ones. Because a player looks like they should be 0.5m higher doesn't mean they are the best player to have.

The actual players to have will become clearer in the first few gameweeks, changes consistently, and regardless of prices, if you can have them, then everyone can have them as well because everyone starts from same place, play under the same rules and have a wildcard. Initial pricing is grossly overstated with form and price changes factors. For what it's worth, personally think the only player that should genuinely be higher though is TAA.

Think teams of the quality of Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal starting with the best fixtures also plays a part as to why the players look underpriced. If TAA for example was starting che WHU mci TOT or something similar, we'd be talking about how he might not be a good option to start at 7.5m. It's all relative, and FPL probably didn't consider fixtures in their pricing.
I don't think the team I mentioned there will be the template long term, of course that'll change after a couple weeks. But with the pricing, everyone will go defense heavy (4 or 5 at the back), one striker (Haaland).

I honestly think the pricing is waaaay too lenient this year.

Paul_Scholes18

James 6m
Chilwell 6m
havertz 8m (Forward)
mount 8m
Mendy 5m
Werner free
Jesus fecking christ how cheap. Everyone 0.5 cheaper than should be. Pretty much only KDB that is more expensive than deserved.

It might be possible to go James, Chilwell, TAA, Cancelo, Robbo if you go without Salah.

Havertz tempt me as well.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Mendy at 5m is another huge error for me. That's too cheap for a Chelsea regular.

Nickosaur

Some bargains to be had with those prices.

I'm sure I'll probably chicken out, but really, really leaning towards no Salah.

I think a liverpool trio of TAA, Robertson and Diaz represents much better value.

Paul_Scholes18

This season will be wild I think. The costs are not very balanced.

Draft interesting since there the costs do not matter.

Thus I think I go for cheaper defs in drafts so I can enjoy that part.

Mcking

Some bargains to be had with those prices.

I'm sure I'll probably chicken out, but really, really leaning towards no Salah.

I think a liverpool trio of TAA, Robertson and Diaz represents much better value.
Capitano. He's that player you can comfortably stick the armband on. He's been doing this for four years now. A guaranteed 13.0m is better value than a doubtful 8.0m

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Havertz at 8m looks good. Hopefully he goes on a run at some point.
Nah, I don't think he's worth it. Last year he was a mid and I had him. A bit frustrating. Gets randomly dropped or subbed. Think there's better value in the game.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Capitano. He's that player you can comfortably stick the armband on. He's been doing this for four years now. A guaranteed 13.0m is better value than a doubtful 8.0m
Agree. Think you have to be brave to leave him out. He always starts well too...

The biggest issue is his price.

Say you don't get Salah and opt to spread the money... It's hard to bring him in without multiple transfer/WC.

Much easier to have him and drop him if needs be...

Mcking

Nah, I don't think he's worth it. Last year he was a mid and I had him. A bit frustrating. Gets randomly dropped or subbed. Think there's better value in the game.
Thought the general concensus is that he is the first choice striker now.

With the way Liverpool, City and Chelsea cleaned up last season, with prices for Leeds players being close to that of Chelsea players for example, I have a feeling, and do hope it's now two players per team, would make things interesting, but I highly doubt it.

paulscholes18

Are you fecking kidding me? This is ridiculous :lol:
James was that one player last season if you owned him at the right time you were laughing, but if you had him at the wrong time you were calling Tuchel every name under the sun. But I was expecting him to be 6.5.
I like the fact that keepers are cheaper gives you something to think about, as nobody was touching Alisson, Ederson (guessing he is going to be 5.5 like Alisson) and Mendy at 6m

Mcking

James was that one player last season if you owned him at the right time you were laughing, but if you had him at the wrong time you were calling Tuchel every name under the sun. But I was expecting him to be 6.5.
I like the fact that keepers are cheaper gives you something to think about, as nobody was touching Alisson, Ederson (guessing he is going to be 5.5 like Alisson) and Mendy at 6m
Agreed. The keeper prices makes sense as there's usually not much difference between the best 4.5m and the 6.0m.

I have always fancied double City defence, and even had a triple up for the majority of 20/21, but I'm not sure I want the keeper as part of it. Little upside apart from the safe 6 points most weeks.

Mcking

Bowen 8.5m
Antonio 7.5m
Benrahma 6.0m
Cresswell 5.0m
Johnson 4.5m
Coufal 4.5m
Lanzini 5.5m
Fornals 5.5m

Probably changing the rules for defenders. Probably didn't like the fact a fantasy football game was being dominated by defenders, so adjusting the rules to let them have less points.

Paul_Scholes18

Bowen 8.5m
Antonio 7.5m
Benrahma 6.0m
Cresswell 5.0m
Johnson 4.5m
Coufal 4.5m
Lanzini 5.5m
Fornals 5.5m

Probably changing the rules for defenders. Probably didn't like the fact a fantasy football game was being dominated by defenders, so adjusting the rules to let them have less points.
I doubt there is a rule change. If they make clean sheets give less points the attacking defenders are still amazing and Van Dijk etc should not be as high.

If recoveries then defeners are even better.

I could possibly see recoveries given some costs, but defensive mids are still cheap etc and noone would buy forwards to start then.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Will see if there's any rule changes.
If not, 3 or 4 big hitting defenders is probably wise.

Mcking

I doubt there is a rule change. If they make clean sheets give less points the attacking defenders are still amazing and Van Dijk etc should not be as high.

If recoveries then defeners are even better.

I could possibly see recoveries given some costs, but defensive mids are still cheap etc and noone would buy forwards to start then.
Could be less points for defender's attacking returns or adjustments to the BPS. It's easy for defenders to pick up attacking return and clean up the bonus these days which makes them very attractive.

If they are trying to make Forwards more attractive again, it's either to increase the price of defenders or make it more difficult for them to score big. Could be the latter. I hope it is, don't fancy big at the back early in the season at all.

Paul_Scholes18

Could be less points for defender's attacking returns or adjustments to the BPS. It's easy for defenders to pick up attacking return and clean up the bonus these days which makes them very attractive.

If they are trying to make Forwards more attractive again, it's either to increase the price of defenders or make it more difficult for them to score big. Could be the latter. I hope it is, don't fancy big at the back early in the season at all.
I think it is fair to change the bonus system, but I have no idea how to make it fair if you remove effects from returns.

If you just make it about defensive actions defenders will still get the bonus. If you make it about key passes etc TAA, Cancelo can still do well.

Forwards would still be shit for bonus. The only way forwards could be better is if you increase points per goals, but then Haaland would be cheap and dominate the cheaper forwards too much.

Paul_Scholes18

If its like last season we'd want 8 defenders and no striker.
Yeah I hoped they would correct that by making defenders 0.5 more expensive on average and strikers 0.5 less expensive roughly.

They did the opposite almost.

Nickosaur

Trippier on FKs and corners with Dan Burn and Botman... worth a punt at 5m