Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
My Salah-less approach has worked out as usual with Sterling blanking, so naturally I’m at least 25 points behind everyone. Sancho could win me back some points but it is still going to be a terrible weekend.

Thing is, though, Darwin looked great and so did Diaz in the first half so I am inclined to stick to my team for the next 3-4 weeks while saving a transfer here & there instead of going back to Salah immediately. I don’t really have the fun in just copying everyone else’s team and seemingly in my three MLs everyone has virtually the same team.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
My Salah-less approach has worked out as usual with Sterling blanking, so naturally I’m at least 25 points behind everyone. Sancho could win me back some points but it is still going to be a terrible weekend.

Thing is, though, Darwin looked great and so did Diaz in the first half so I am inclined to stick to my team for the next 3-4 weeks while saving a transfer here & there instead of going back to Salah immediately. I don’t really have the fun in just copying everyone else’s team and seemingly in my three MLs everyone has virtually the same team.
If you want without Salad, then his ponies against Fulham shouldn't change anything because I'm sure you knew there was a high chance that was always going to happen.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If you want without Salad, then his ponies against Fulham shouldn't change anything because I'm sure you knew there was a high chance that was always going to happen.
Yeah, I considered this a strong possibility considering his opening games before. However I did bank on Darwin/Diaz getting me a similar return and Darwin did amazing, the issue is my captain choice was very poor (Sterling) which left me behind. I do expect Sterling to get a lot of points this year though, being Chelsea‘s main attacking outlet, so I will give him 3-4 more games, especially as Haaland will probably be my captain for the next 4 so I don’t really need Salah if I’m not going to give him the C.

redcucumber

Is the time to move to Haaland from Kane now, or wait to see how he does against West Ham? Shitting myself now as basically everyone else in my ML has the fecker.

Pickle85

Early moves I'm considering:

Diaz to Kulu
Kane to Haaland
Perisic to cucurella

Yes, v knee jerk and will give it a week or two more, but the first two in particular are on my mind.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I've no idea how I've not sold that 11.5m defensive midfielder already, but I guess I can wait for another 24 hours.
:lol: kneejerk I know but I am tempted to immediately do the Kane to Darwin switch. Most will be going Kane > Haaland so I could get a jump on the crowd.

I can see him returning v Chelsea though and I also think when Perisic starts playing he'll be the target for a lot of those crosses.

I mean we can't really complain about his positioning. We've known this for a while now.

SteveCoppellFan

Its only GW1 and I'm already relying on Rashford and Dalot to save my week, and then have to hide behind the sofa hoping Haaland does not haul.

Welcome back FPL.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How'd it go?

(You have to be careful with those S Walians)
The mile race that I'd previously assumed was peak hard coreness actually turned out to be by far the easier race!
Fell races are insane. 1100 feet climb over 1.2miles and you lose to people you'd batter on road races!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is the time to move to Haaland from Kane now, or wait to see how he does against West Ham? Shitting myself now as basically everyone else in my ML has the fecker.
Wait until after the game of course.
See how he looks and obviously make sure he comes through injury free.

But for me Kane was high risk for this one game. Knew they'd annihilate Southamptpn and its sods law he did nothing points wise.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Early moves I'm considering:

Diaz to Kulu
Kane to Haaland
Perisic to cucurella

Yes, v knee jerk and will give it a week or two more, but the first two in particular are on my mind.
Why on earth Cucurella? Surely you have to wait and see how on earth he fits in with Chilwell there.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Gotta admit no United players feels a bit scary. Fully expecting Rashford to get some points today
Hope so. Always feels good having a United attacker and watching them. Well, if they do well of course.

Roll on a miserable performance and subbed on 59!

Pickle85

Why on earth Cucurella? Surely you have to wait and see how on earth he fits in with Chilwell there.
Thought he looked lively when he came on and set up their best chance. They made him the most expensive fullback of all time so you'd expect them to play him. I take your point though, one to monitor as opposed to going in on more but think he could represent value at 5m

Moby

Dick
:lol: kneejerk I know but I am tempted to immediately do the Kane to Darwin switch. Most will be going Kane > Haaland so I could get a jump on the crowd.

I can see him returning v Chelsea though and I also think when Perisic starts playing he'll be the target for a lot of those crosses.

I mean we can't really complain about his positioning. We've known this for a while now.
I was hoping it would change as last season it was the whole golden boot for Son and he'd start behaving like someone who is chasing the PL goal record of all things.

I think I'm at a point where I have to conclude he's not fit to be a striker in a Conte system. He doesn't have the legs to bomb forward in a counter attacking system, which is what Conte demands. He's a quality passer and is just gonna be used to start counters and it's almost always gonna be Son, Kulu and the wingbacks at the end which happened almost every single time yesterday. Chelsea is even more of a "Son" game where they will counter behind their defense. It's not just positioning, even when he was at the edge of the box he was happy to stop running and just pass it to others.

30 seconds after the FT in the City game and he'd be fecking off.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I was hoping it would change as last season it was the whole golden boot for Son and he'd start behaving like someone who is chasing the PL goal record of all things.

I think I'm at a point where I have to conclude he's not fit to be a striker in a Conte system. He doesn't have the legs to bomb forward in a counter attacking system, which is what Conte demands. He's a quality passer and is just gonna be used to start counters and it's almost always gonna be Son, Kulu and the wingbacks at the end which happened almost every single time yesterday. Chelsea is even more of a "Son" game where they will counter behind their defense. It's not just positioning, even when he was at the edge of the box he was happy to stop running and just pass it to others.

30 seconds after the FT in the City game and he'd be fecking off.
You make a compelling case.

JP77

It's gone as bad as it probably could have. Punts on Sancho and Dalot looking terrible so far. Son in the team and only got an assist despite Spurs scoring 4. Added Trent and got rid of Wilson and Burn. Probably miles behind the top teams in my work league after one bloody week.

Think I may play the wildcard very soon tbh, unlimited transfers isn't it during the World Cup so basically we have three wild cards this season/?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Grealish and Foden starting. Both can be great value if nailed.
Can’t see Grealish ever been nailed, but could see it with Foden. I thought Grealish would be benched today with Foden on the left and Mahrez starting.