Fantasy Premier League 22/23

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I am so tempted to get WC already. I will take 3-4 weeks to get my desired team otherwise but could make it so tasty already...
It's the first year I probably won't and I'm normally a GW2/3 wildcarder. The only obvious fires I see are Bailey and Rashford (and to be fair I kind of expected they would be) but am happy to wait to get rid of them. Helps that I seem to have the best looking cheap playing bench in Andreas, DaSilva and Williams.

Who do you really want rid of from your squad?

Chief123

I am so tempted to get WC already. I will take 3-4 weeks to get my desired team otherwise but could make it so tasty already...
It's the first year I probably won't and I'm normally a GW2/3 wildcarder. The only obvious fires I see are Bailey and Rashford (and to be fair I kind of expected they would be) but am happy to wait to get rid of them. Helps that I seem to have the best looking cheap playing bench in Andreas, DaSilva and Williams.

Don’t forget you get 3 wildcards this year. And first one should be used before game week 8/9 otherwise it’s not much use.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I might hold off this week and see how things look...

Might do Robertson & Rashford to Walker & Diaz.

Sure, I'll lose Robertson's attacking threat but he and Walker will get similar clean sheets... Whereas Diaz will wipe the floor with Rashy it seems...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I switched Kane for Haaland last night because I was worried the values would change.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I might hold off this week and see how things look...

Might do Robertson & Rashford to Walker & Diaz.

Sure, I'll lose Robertson's attacking threat but he and Walker will get similar clean sheets... Whereas Diaz will wipe the floor with Rashy it seems...
Yeah I don't think that's even a debate as sad as it is to say. Really thought we were starting to look a bit fresher in pre season and then Ronaldo came back, Martial got injured and yesterday was just thoroughly depressing with the same old shit from last season.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Don’t forget you get 3 wildcards this year. And first one should be used before game week 8/9 otherwise it’s not much use.
I do have a good team for next week though, and would really only make 4-5 transfers (like getting James, Cancelo etc.) so probably better to wait it out for the moment. As things stand I'll go with:

Ward
TAA White Walker
Sancho Sterling Martinelli Diaz
Darwin Haaland Jesus

Ward is the only one I don't like at all but if I were to get someone else it'd be Ramsdale or Mendy, and Mendy has Spurs at home (no point taking a hit to get that), and Ramsdale is blocked because of White.

My next moves will be Sancho to someone cheaper, Dalot to James/Cucurella, White to Cancelo and Iversen to a goalkeeper that is not crap.

I think both Neco and Andreas are viable options for the next few weeks so I could do my transfers in stages. Dalot is the only player in my squad that I will never put in the team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I hope you done it mate cause Kane went down and Haaland up so right now it costs 0,2….
Yep did it. Knew it'd be a 0.2m turnaround but actually surprised Kane went down last night as he was only on 78% when I checked at about 8 or 9pm.

Hope most of my rivals missed it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Our last year's winner hit 42 points hilariousy. Only Salah cap and Son 5 of any note.

When the bottom end of our league was about 7 or 8 points lower, featuring one team rhat has 22m in the bank (!), and neither with any big hitters and one playing 8 players you can see how 42 is!
Mine only 62 though for 37/82 but early days.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I do have a good team for next week though, and would really only make 4-5 transfers (like getting James, Cancelo etc.) so probably better to wait it out for the moment. As things stand I'll go with:

Ward
TAA White Walker
Darwin Haaland Jesus

Ward is the only one I don't like at all but if I were to get someone else it'd be Ramsdale or Mendy, and Mendy has Spurs at home (no point taking a hit to get that), and Ramsdale is blocked because of White.

My next moves will be Sancho to someone cheaper, Dalot to James/Cucurella, White to Cancelo and Iversen to a goalkeeper that is not crap.

I think both Neco and Andreas are viable options for the next few weeks so I could do my transfers in stages. Dalot is the only player in my squad that I will never put in the team.
Ouch.

I'm committed to the double Leicester GK until the first wildcard. Will probably get a clean sheet the minute you remove him.

Probably be Rashford to Kulu/Saka/Martinelli next for me.

Last edited:

Sarni

Ouch.

I'm committed to the double Leicester GK until the first wildcard. Will probably get a clean sheet the minute you remove him.

Probably be Rashford to Kulu/Saka/Foden/Martinelli next for me.
I have 2.0m in the bank already thanks to swapping Saka for Martinelli, so could use that to upgrade my GK situation. I will also get some savings from removing Sancho which will help my defense.

I am inclined to ride without Salah for now too as I won't give him the captaincy until GW6 anyway, it is Haaland all the way.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I have 2.0m in the bank already thanks to swapping Saka for Martinelli, so could use that to upgrade my GK situation. I will also get some savings from removing Sancho which will help my defense.

I am inclined to ride without Salah for now too as I won't give him the captaincy until GW6 anyway, it is Haaland all the way.
Not even Bournemouth in GW4? Bold.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
TAA, Salah & Haaland seem like the essentials this season.

Not sure why some people want to swim against the tide.

There's plenty of other positions to pop in differentials if you hate the template that much...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I knew KDH would do well but I benched him. 10 points just sitting there unused :(

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I knew KDH would do well but I benched him. 10 points just sitting there unused :(
I wanted him after seeing his price and that he was getting good mentions in the Leicester preseason match reports (skim read), but i knew he would be on the bench so i decided to pass on him, so small comfort knowing even if i had him i would have been cursing not having him in the 11.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Already kneejerked and did Kane > Haaland. Thought Kane would have got something from Southampton at home and wanted Spurs coverage as Son was too expensive to start with.
Turns out that Kulu was the coverage to get which I didnt even consider, even though I had him for most of his games last season, as he didnt do anything in pre-season.

Somehow I ended up with Rashford, disaster. Though he had that 1 on 1 during the match.
Had a poor start. 1 GW in though. But the wildcard is an option from GW3 onwards.

Sarni

Not even Bournemouth in GW4? Bold.
I don't have him in my team and would need to take WC/hits to swap Sterling & Diaz to him and a 5.0m midfielder (so virtually fodder). I am banking on Haaland v Palace to get me enough so that I don't lose out on not having Salah, especially as I have both Diaz and Darwin. Sterling is home to Leicester that week too.

ROFLUTION

TAA, Salah & Haaland seem like the essentials this season.

Not sure why some people want to swim against the tide.

There's plenty of other positions to pop in differentials if you hate the template that much...
Agreed. Very concerned about not owning Darwin all of a sudden though - theoretically Robertson should me give the same output though, so trying to hold on to my team and not making a Jesus/Robertson -> Darwin/+something move. Jesus did look alright, I think, but a bit concerned if Darwin is captained by a lot in one gw and he scored 2-3 goals

ROFLUTION

what? No we dont? We get 2 wildcards, unless a new one is introduced and introduced out of the blue in covid season?

Chief123

what? No we dont? We get 2 wildcards, unless a new one is introduced and introduced out of the blue in covid season?
We get 3. Well, effectively get 3. The 2 wildcards and then you have unlimited transfers during the World cup break. Also, you can't use your first wild card after that World cup break which starts Week 16. So you might as well use your first wild card by the latest weeks 8-10 otherwise it's not much benefit after that.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
:lol:

Either ways not interested in this uncertainty when paying fecking 11.5m on one player. If anyone wants a Spurs player just get Son, far far better asset and will pretty much play up front the whole season.
That's my issue too. Also expected more from West Ham . They were embarrassing. Completely folded. Southampton at home is always a bloodshed and so the logical choice was Kane

ROFLUTION

We get 3. Well, effectively get 3. The 2 wildcards and then you have unlimited transfers during the World cup break. Also, you can't use your first wild card after that World cup break which starts Week 16. So you might as well use your first wild card by the latest weeks 8-10 otherwise it's not much benefit after that.
hooooly fack, how did I end up misunderstanding this?!? I even finished top 10k last season. I’ll put that all down to being pure luck now:lol: I’ll go hide under my rock.

Chief123

hooooly fack, how did I end up misunderstanding this?!? I even finished top 10k last season. I’ll put that all down to being pure luck now:lol: I’ll go hide under my rock.
To be fair, I didn't have a clue about it either until I came across a video on TikTok University.

ROFLUTION

To be fair, I didn't have a clue about it either until I came across a video on TikTok University.
why on earth do the website not put the World cup transfers ad libitum on the same page as the chips when its soooo relevant though. Christ on a bike, this is like that south park episode where one is not reading the iTunes terms in every single detail

IrishRedDevil

Might be forced to take a -4 for Bailey to Martinelli already.

Martinelli seems like he will rise to 6.1. Possibly tonight?

Frustrating as I wanted Martinelli the first time I seen the price releases. Can't risk being priced out now though as 0.4 in the early stages is no use and I'll need the funds to change Rashford for an 8.0.

Chip

How are people planning on fitting Arnautovic into their team? :drool:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I started terribly. Think I will wait until next week to use my wild card though. Let a few more transfers happen/see how the players I have do.

paulscholes18

How are people planning on fitting Arnautovic into their team? :drool:
TBH there’s not a single player we could sign that would go straight into my team, in fact if we sign a player from my team I would sell them.

HairyBack23

Ward
TAA White Walker
Darwin Haaland Jesus

Why start without Cancelo/James if you're going to WC and get them in GW 2? It was hardly a surprise that they're two of the best FPL players.

Sarni

Why start without Cancelo/James if you're going to WC and get them in GW 2? It was hardly a surprise that they're two of the best FPL players.
I thought Saka was way more nailed than Martinelli would be and that Sancho would come good. I already had Walker so did not consider Cancelo essential, and with James I was going to wait and see whether they buy a right back or not (as he could be moved to the center). Also James frustrated the hell out of me last season.

I have a habit of making ‘bold’ (that’s another word for dumb) decisions before season and then taking 4/5 games to rectify them.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I said I wouldn’t make transfers after week 1 but I’m seriously considering Rashford to Martinelli due to the price rise coming up. I already have 0.5 ITB and this move will add another 0.5 to that. So yay or nay?