Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Moby

Dick
Yeah I would need to sacrifice Son for him. Keeping Trippier and Maddison. Midfield would end up being something like Saka, Maddison, Ward Prowse, Diaby, Salah from GW9/10 onwards.

Alternatively I could forget Salah (keeping Son) and get Darwin in for Archer with the funds put aside and have a banging front 8 but a possible benching headache every week.
Yeah it depends on how good Son and Rashford look going forward, because Saka looks a strong hold for now. As does Maddison. If you need all those and can also have a better defense and maybe someone like Watkins with Villa having great fixtures then it becomes tough to justify 12.5 for Salah. But almost a month still to go before I need to get into this dilemma, as of now I am kinda at a similar position where I was before GW1 and didn't see the value in getting Salah given how the pricing this season has been done for the rest.

AlexUTD

Aye. I did have Neto in mind as well but think I’ll leave the midfield for now actually, someone mentioned Mbuemo will be covering at fullback for now so was considering swapping out him for one of those 2 but already have 2 transfers I’m looking to make, so by changing him as well means taking an -8 hit which I don’t think it’s worth right now.
What waas all the transfers again? Newcastle player and?

Jackson to Morris
Rashford to Salah

Worth it?
Deoends,do you have any good replacement for Jackson on bench?

If not id say yes.

And gain like 18 points when it works like this?

:lol:
Im thinking of asking and not following the advice part.:wenger:

Usually FPL players do what they have planned no matter what advice they get i feel sometimes.

ROFLUTION

Had to pull the wildcard trigger last night to get who I wanted long term because of price rises

Turner/Areola
Schär Botman Udogie
Bell Lamptey
Salah Diaby Maddison Son Hannibal
Watkins Darwin Haaland

Bell can cover this gw for Udogie. I might miss out on owning 3 x Newcastle long term, but if Diaby is really bad and Gordon fires I guess thats my way in.

Thoughts on my wildcard? Am i missing someone important?

AlexUTD

Had to pull the wildcard trigger last night to get who I wanted long term because of price rises

Turner/Areola
Schär Botman Udogie
Bell Lamptey
Watkins Darwin Haaland

Bell can cover this gw for Udogie. I might miss out on owning 3 x Newcastle long term, but if Diaby is really bad and Gordon fires I guess thats my way in.

Not bad mate but will Villa score so many goals you need two attackers from them and ignore Arsenal and United attackers?

ROFLUTION

Not bad mate but will Villa score so many goals you need two attackers from them and ignore Arsenal and United attackers?
You do have a point with Villa. My problem with United is just that I dont trust the performances atm and Arsenal’s fixtures soon turn really bad. I guess Watkins could also become Wilson somehow

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Turner/Areola
Schär Botman Udogie
Bell Lamptey
Watkins Darwin Haaland

I wouldn't be happy going forward with that bench in all honesty. At least try to beef it up so that you've got one good option somewhere. Also there's more value in midfield than attack so I would definitely ditch one of those forwards and get a cheaper midfielder in which would then allow you to improve your 1st sub. Burn over Schar also saves you some money if you're committed to double Newcastle defence with no Trippier.

So yeah basically make one of Watkins and Darwin > Archer, improve Hannibal and Lamptey with the funds.

troylocker

Turner/Areola
Schär Botman Udogie
Bell Lamptey
Watkins Darwin Haaland

Team looks good, and is quite non template.
What might bite you though is: No Arsenal, only 1 City and hopefully not owning at least one of Rashy/Bruno

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Also when do Arsenal's fixtures go bad? I only see 2 tough games in the next 9? City in GW8 and Newcastle in GW11. They've got Bournemouth, Chelsea, Sheffield United, Burnley, Brentford, Wolves and Luton in that run which is about as good as it gets.

ROFLUTION

I wouldn't be happy going forward with that bench in all honesty. At least try to beef it up so that you've got one good option somewhere. Also there's more value in midfield than attack so I would definitely ditch one of those forwards and get a cheaper midfielder in which would then allow you to improve your 1st sub. Burn over Schar also saves you some money if you're committed to double Newcastle defence with no Trippier.

So yeah basically make one of Watkins and Darwin > Archer, improve Hannibal and Lamptey with the funds.
Cheers for the feedback - It's a bit risky in it's current form yes, but on the pro-side many of the players are main-men for their teams except for Darwin and maybe Diaby when they play in Europe.

It might be Diaby to Gordon as I'm not too sure about going for 4 good defenders. But then I can't do much with 0.8 in Hannibals place (4.4). A bit on the toes on getting 4 good defenders though as I think the take-away currently is that defenders rarely gets clean sheets with 10 extra minutes added.

AlexUTD

You do have a point with Villa. My problem with United is just that I dont trust the performances atm and Arsenal’s fixtures soon turn really bad. I guess Watkins could also become Wilson somehow
I like that better!

United attackers will come good soon when we get better midfielders bak now i think, and good fixtures!

Botman and Son I was planning to make anyway.
I did the ssame moves mate so cant hate on that!

Spark

Got this for the next GW - I pulled a wildcard and hauled 97, but if my FPL career is anything to go by that means the following week will be absolutely dreadful and I'll have cancelled out my gains. Thoughts on this?

Areola (Flekken)
Estu - Trippier - Botman - (cash) - (U-Dogg)
Mitoma - Fernandes - Salah - Diaby - (Neto)
Haaland - Alvarez - Morris (C)

Could easily not captain Morris, although relatively obvious pick with the DGW. Think that's the biggest differential, who's captaining who.

Also do a take a -4 and swap Diaby back to Saka for GW7 or is that too tinkery...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Year in year out we get seduced by either James or Chilwell.
But usually they at least get 1 or 2 big hauls first.

This time it's been James completely out and Chilwell flattering to deceive with a few sitters missed, then standard concede and come on late for a 1 pointer, or even sillier, booked when coming on.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Got this for the next GW - I pulled a wildcard and hauled 97, but if my FPL career is anything to go by that means the following week will be absolutely dreadful and I'll have cancelled out my gains. Thoughts on this?

Areola (Flekken)

Could easily not captain Morris, although relatively obvious pick with the DGW. Think that's the biggest differential, who's captaining who.

Also do a take a -4 and swap Diaby back to Saka for GW7 or is that too tinkery...
Morris has scored a couple, but from pens. Does he look likely to score in free play?

A wildcard without on is quite a statement. You've basically captailised huge stylee from Botman-Trippier getting probably their once every 3 seasons massive maximum hauls.
Well played and that.

Suv666

Every guy and his dog has bought in Botman and Son

Was thinking of going Alvarez to Darwin and seems like that’s a common pattern today.
Fecking how am I climbing up the ladder when everyone making the same moves.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Tempted to get the bench boost out of the way this week, depending on how confident I am my players will start.

Spark

Morris has scored a couple, but from pens. Does he look likely to score in free play?

A wildcard without on is quite a statement. You've basically captailised huge stylee from Botman-Trippier getting probably their once every 3 seasons massive maximum hauls.
Well played and that.
Yeah total blag, I honestly feck every wildcard I ever make. Annoyingly went Neto over Son, even though he hauled. Moved Onana -> Flekken too, but hate exposing myself too much from United, makes our shit performances even more unbearable.

Will keep faith with the Botman x Trips double act and then probably take a rage -12 in GW8 and gut my team again.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
What waas all the transfers again? Newcastle player and?

Deoends,do you have any good replacement for Jackson on bench?

If not id say yes.

Im thinking of asking and not following the advice part.:wenger:

Usually FPL players do what they have planned no matter what advice they get i feel sometimes.
No, my other striker is João Pedro

troylocker

Areola (Flekken)

Morris is quite a differential for sure:

I don't think Luton will win any of the two games they have in GW7 and looks like the worst team in the league together with SU by a distance.
There are no easy fixtures for them and Morris' record before this season is:
34 goals in 104 games in the championship
14 goals in 91 games in League one
0 goals in 15 games in League two

Morris (0,53xG/90 - 0,21npxG/90 - 0,34npxG+A/90 so far this season) has 2 goals (both penalties) in the PL so far this season.
Haaland (1,44 xG/90 - 1,19 npxG/90 - 1,38npxG+A/90 so far this season) has 8 goals and 1 assist in the PL so far this season and got 52 goals last season in the PL, CL and cups and 4 against Wolves, including a hattrick....

Morris has scored 4 braces and 0 hattricks in 287 games (none in the top division) in his entire senior career, Haaland has 6 braces and 5 hattricks in 41 PL games.....

It's not impossible that Morris outscores Haaland in GW7, but is it very likely?
More than 90% of the active FPL-managers will captain Haaland....

I like your team though :)

Swiss_Red89

Also pulled the trigger and Wildcarding this week. Can field the following Team for GW7 with the WC:

Areola (Turner)
Walker Botman Reguilon (Cash, Udogie)
Salah Saka Gordon Rashford Son
Morris Haaland (Archer)

Spark

Morris is quite a differential for sure:

I don't think Luton will win any of the two games they have in GW7 and looks like the worst team in the league together with SU by a distance.
There are no easy fixtures for them and Morris' record before this season is:
34 goals in 104 games in the championship
14 goals in 91 games in League one
0 goals in 15 games in League two

Morris (0,53xG/90 - 0,21npxG/90 - 0,34npxG+A/90 so far this season) has 2 goals (both penalties) in the PL so far this season.
Haaland (1,44 xG/90 - 1,19 npxG/90 - 1,38npxG+A/90 so far this season) has 8 goals and 1 assist in the PL so far this season and got 52 goals last season in the PL, CL and cups and 4 against Wolves, including a hattrick....

Morris has scored 4 braces and 0 hattricks in 287 games (none in the top division) in his entire senior career, Haaland has 6 braces and 5 hattricks in 41 PL games.....

It's not impossible that Morris outscores Haaland in GW7, but is it very likely?
More than 90% of the active FPL-managers will captain Haaland....

I like your team though :)
fecking hell nice one! Great stats. I agree too, I very likely will buckle and captain Haaland. However my second best gameweek (after the one just gone) has come purely from not captaining Haaland - in GW2 vs Newcastle where he blanked.

Genuinely think that’s the largest - by far - differential in this entire game. Whether or not you captain Haaland, because 90% of players will captain him each week.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Yeah it depends on how good Son and Rashford look going forward, because Saka looks a strong hold for now. As does Maddison. If you need all those and can also have a better defense and maybe someone like Watkins with Villa having great fixtures then it becomes tough to justify 12.5 for Salah. But almost a month still to go before I need to get into this dilemma, as of now I am kinda at a similar position where I was before GW1 and didn't see the value in getting Salah given how the pricing this season has been done for the rest.
I keep looking at this Salah/No Salah decision and hands down every no Salah squad is infinitely better. The main thing you get with Salah is a bonafide captain option from Liverpool as all the others are too risky.

It comes down to this for me...

Salah + Ward Prowse + Diaby + Archer vs Son + Bowen + Diaby + Darwin

Option 2 just looks a no brainer doesn't it? It does mean I'll always be benching one of a powerful front 8 but I'll just have to play the fixtures.

By GW10 my squad would be...

Areola / Leno
Walker / Trippier / Cash / Udogie / Kabore
Bowen / Saka / Son / Maddison / Diaby
Darwin / Alvarez / Haaland

Moby

Dick
I keep looking at this Salah/No Salah decision and hands down every no Salah squad is infinitely better. The main thing you get with Salah is a bonafide captain option from Liverpool as all the others are too risky.

It comes down to this for me...

Salah + Ward Prowse + Diaby + Archer vs Son + Bowen + Diaby + Darwin

Option 2 just looks a no brainer doesn't it? It does mean I'll always be benching one of a powerful front 8 but I'll just have to play the fixtures.

By GW10 my squad would be...

Areola / Leno
Walker / Trippier / Cash / Udogie / Kabore
Bowen / Saka / Son / Maddison / Diaby
Darwin / Alvarez / Haaland
Yeah I am not going into too much detail for now because I have around a month before WC but I do think unless he's a nailed captain for 3 out of those 6/7 weeks it's not worth it. It's the exact same deal as it was with Kane last season.

And I am not seeing him going big even when Liverpool score a lot these days which reduces his potential as captian. Depends on who the enablers are at that point but it's not a given for me that I will get him on WC.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Yeah I am not going into too much detail for now because I have around a month before WC but I do think unless he's a nailed captain for 3 out of those 6/7 weeks it's not worth it. It's the exact same deal as it was with Kane last season.

And I am not seeing him going big even when Liverpool score a lot these days which reduces his potential as captian. Depends on who the enablers are at that point but it's not a given for me that I will get him on WC.
This is true. Liverpool are still very much a team who spread the points in attack whereas with Haaland everything is geared to tee'ing him up. Similar with Kane and Spurs last season as well.

I guess I can leave my Liverpool transfer until last (not overly worried about them in the next 2 at least) and then decide whether to put the spare funds into Archer > Darwin or Son > Salah. Ideally want one in for the run of Everton, Forest, Luton, Brentford.

Moby

Dick
This is true. Liverpool are still very much a team who spread the points in attack whereas with Haaland everything is geared to tee'ing him up. Similar with Kane and Spurs last season as well.

I guess I can leave my Liverpool transfer until last (not overly worried about them in the next 2 at least) and then decide whether to put the spare funds into Archer > Darwin or Son > Salah. Ideally want one in for the run of Everton, Forest, Luton, Brentford.
Same here. As of now if Son continues to play up front for one of the highest scoring teams in the league he is over Salah for me. As is Saka given he's 4m cheaper and outscoring Salah so far.

As an example, the WC draft for GW6 was Salah, Saka, Rashford, Diaby and Mbuemo in midfield and you had to choose between Son and Rashford, and Rashford had better fixtures, and having Salah also meant not having Trippier. Son and Trippier combined for 32 points that you can't cover with Salah even if he was going crazy, let alone in his current more creative less goalscoring role.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Help me out folks. I never take FPL seriously but I'm actually in the top 1-3 in a few paid leagues i've entered so it makes sense to keep it up now.

Got all my boosts/wildcards still to use

Current team:

Areola
Gvardiol - Botman - Estupinan
Bruno - Mbuemo - Saka - Salah - Sterling
Haaland - Alvarez

Subs: Johnstone GK, Beyer, Mubama, Gusto

£0.4m left in the bank

Made the terrible decision to bench Euspinan for Gusto last week as he didn't start the other week so that cost me an 8 point swing

Feel like Mbuemo will be one to shift soon? Goalies have done great so far, rotating them depending on the fixture. Tempted to bin off Sterling but surely he's gonna bag a goal soon

RedDevil@84

Son all day baby! :devil:

Just make sure that Samid have not bought him then you are fine.
To bring Son (44 pts in 6 games) in, I ll either need to get rid of Salah (43 pts in 6 games) or change Maddison (39 pts in 6 games).
If I upgrade Mbeumo (36 pts in 6 games) to Son, then I will need to downgrade Alvarez (38 pts in 6 games) to a 5m player.

AlexUTD

To bring Son (44 pts in 6 games) in, I ll either need to get rid of Salah (43 pts in 6 games) or change Maddison (39 pts in 6 games).
If I upgrade Mbeumo (36 pts in 6 games) to Son, then I will need to downgrade Alvarez (38 pts in 6 games) to a 5m player.
Upgrade Maddison then, Son is on pens also so higher ceiling at the moment OR you keep Maddison and save cash for and get more data a GW or two more.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Current Team:

Flekken
Trippier Cash Estu
Saka Bruno Rashford Sterling Son
Haaland Alvarez

Thoughts on Sterling to Gordon?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Current Team:

Flekken
Trippier Cash Estu
Saka Bruno Rashford Sterling Son
Haaland Alvarez

Thoughts on Sterling to Gordon?
Looks like a decent move on paper but as I said a few posts back, Gordon is on 4 yellows now so 1 away from a ban. Sterling has got Fulham and Burnley for me and then he's out the door so fast his little dinosaur arms won't touch the side.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Looks like a decent move on paper but as I said a few posts back, Gordon is on 4 yellows now so 1 away from a ban. Sterling has got Fulham and Burnley for me and then he's out the door so fast his little dinosaur arms won't touch the side.
Looks decent.

But remember that Gordon 1 yellow card away from suspension.
Any other newcastle midfielder worth a move instead?