Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Its been a torrid first 6 weeks, even my wife is 30 points ahead of me.

I won our cash league last year and find myself 21/31 this year.

Pretty sure i finished in the top 10 on the RedCafe league too, now im miles off.

To take my mind of this silly game, I'm going to watch a YT video on how to self-circumcise blindfolded and try it.
I thought FPL was taking a toll me on this but this...

Moby

Dick
Its been a torrid first 6 weeks, even my wife is 30 points ahead of me.

I won our cash league last year and find myself 21/31 this year.

Pretty sure i finished in the top 10 on the RedCafe league too, now im miles off.

To take my mind of this silly game, I'm going to watch a YT video on how to self-circumcise blindfolded and try it.
That post just kept getting worse with every sentence.

Gazautd18

Botman Burns double up paid off.
Son for Salah not so much.
83 points so happy with that.

paulscholes18

Hit the WC 0.4 ITB, like to find another 0.7 to turn Gordon to Diaby

Areola (Turner)
Kabore Botman Burn (Cash, Tarkowski)
Salah Son Gordon Saka (Maddison)
Haaland Morris(c) Alvarez

RedDevil@84

My desperate WC in attempt to catch up in my ML failed spectacularly. I played around between Neto, Bowen and Diaby and got Diaby at the end. Brought in Alvarez.
Had a far better week than previous ones, but my ML toppers all with triple Newcastle extended their lead further. Now I don't see any chance to catch up.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Massively regret transferring in Digne ahead of Botman as I wanted Botman anyway. Wtf was I thinking :(

troylocker

Made two transfers (-4) yesterday. Had to get rid of Chillwell before he dropped again and wanted to get to Tripps, so it had to happen yesterday. Saved 0,3 doing it then as both Tripps and Gordon went up last night as well as Chillwell dropped. Potentially saved 0,4 in the end because Sterling will most likely drop this week too.

Team going into GW7:

Turner (Johnstone)
Botman, Trippier, Al-Dakhil/Cash/Estupinan
Saka, Bruno, Foden, Mbeumo, Gordon
Haaland (C), Watkins, Alvarez

Need your thoughts on the following:
Must bench two of Al-Dakhil, Cash and Estu - Who?
Must Bench one of Mbeumo, Gordon, Foden and Alvarez . Who?

Second green arrow of the season, but not a big one and still miles off where I want to be. Hopefully I can turn it around now....

Pickle85

Holding Chilwell for now as hoping he'll start the next one thanks to a lack of available fullbacks but will get rid shortly thereafter.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Very tempted to take -4 and remove Sterling as well for JWP. Hammers are about to start on a great run and looking at how vulnerable Sheffield United were to crosses and set pieces he could haul this coming week and repay it instantly.

I know Sterling has Fulham away and the Burnley but they couldn't score with a striker so who will he be passing to now?

Pickle85

Made two transfers (-4) yesterday. Had to get rid of Chillwell before he dropped again and wanted to get to Tripps, so it had to happen yesterday. Saved 0,3 doing it then as both Tripps and Gordon went up last night as well as Chillwell dropped. Potentially saved 0,4 in the end because Sterling will most likely drop this week too.

Team going into GW7:

Turner (Johnstone)
Botman, Trippier, Al-Dakhil/Cash/Estupinan
Saka, Bruno, Foden, Mbeumo, Gordon
Haaland (C), Watkins, Alvarez

Need your thoughts on the following:
Must bench two of Al-Dakhil, Cash and Estu - Who?
Must Bench one of Mbeumo, Gordon, Foden and Alvarez . Who?

Second green arrow of the season, but not a big one and still miles off where I want to be. Hopefully I can turn it around now....
Al-D, Cash and Mbeumo for me.

Pickle85

It seems like Poch sees Chilwell as a winger more than a left back and he basicly he fights for place against Mudryk and Palmer.
Hmmm... May have to ditch him then! I'm just very conscious that when I do it's typical that he'll haul.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm so annoyed with myself with that rage Digne transfer, Digne ffs, a troll I would normally never go for. Think it's best I stay away from anything FPL related for the week :lol:

Edit: Chilwell that fecking useless troll cnut. Absolute tool. Piece of shit. Motherfecker. cnut. cnut. Cuntwell. I hope he steps on a lego. feck him.

Ok, now I'm done. :lol:

AlexUTD

I'm so annoyed with myself with that rage Digne transfer, Digne ffs, a troll I would normally never go for. Think it's best I stay away from anything FPL related for the week :lol:

Edit: Chilwell that fecking useless troll cnut. Absolute tool. Piece of shit. Motherfecker. cnut. cnut. Cuntwell. I hope he steps on a lego. feck him.

And when Moreno is back aswell, rotation risk mate.

Moby

Dick

self-fulfilling prophecy

self-fulfilling prophecy, process through which an originally false expectation leads to its own confirmation. In a self-fulfilling prophecy an individual’s expectations about another person or entity eventually result in the other person or entity acting in ways that confirm the expectations.

I think you already had decided that you can't go a season without getting trolled and picked the grandmaster of trolls to fulfil that. :D

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Mate you kept that quiet. Digne!?! You know he's on the banned list. If you'd have said pre deadline we'd have been able to stage an intervention.

AlexUTD

self-fulfilling prophecy

self-fulfilling prophecy, process through which an originally false expectation leads to its own confirmation. In a self-fulfilling prophecy an individual’s expectations about another person or entity eventually result in the other person or entity acting in ways that confirm the expectations.

I think you already had decided that you can't go a season without getting trolled and picked the grandmaster of trolls to fulfil that. :D
Or

Askhole
A person who constantly asks for your advice, yet ALWAYS does the complete opposite of what you told them to do.

I know alot of them in the FPL community :lol:

ShinjiNinja26

I would prefer Neto for around the same price to be honest.

Decent value for Burn and Botman.
Aye. I did have Neto in mind as well but think I’ll leave the midfield for now actually, someone mentioned Mbuemo will be covering at fullback for now so was considering swapping out him for one of those 2 but already have 2 transfers I’m looking to make, so by changing him as well means taking an -8 hit which I don’t think it’s worth right now.

Moby

Dick
I'd say yes on the basis of 3 games v 1. Should make it back straight away unless Rashford snaps out of his slumber.
He can just do Jackson to Morris and wait for a week to do Rashford to Salah though, and avoid the hit. Don't think Salah necessarily outscores Rashford by 4 points when he is away to Spurs while Rashford is home to Palace, but depends on how you see those games going.

Nickosaur

Gonna WC this week. Been a really slow start to the season for me although admittedly I don't seem to be obsessed as in recent seasons - no work league probably the main reason for that!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
He can just do Jackson to Morris and wait for a week to do Rashford to Salah though, and avoid the hit. Don't think Salah necessarily outscores Rashford by 4 points when he is away to Spurs while Rashford is home to Palace, but depends on how you see those games going.
This is true. I want Salah back but I can wait until GW9/10.

Moby

Dick
This is true. I want Salah back but I can wait until GW9/10.
Yeah, he is in my WC 9/10 plan but I am still on the fence on whether downgrading the rest of the team is worth having him. Like a quick comparison will be Trippier, Son, Maddison vs Burn, Salah, Diaby and the latter seems more risky. Comes down to if you are going to captain him or not in some of these games. Not sure as of now so will be assessing it while he travels to Spurs and Brighton.

paulscholes18

I like pain, I'm expecting it to work out as well as when I gave King and Weghorst the captain armband 2 seasons ago.

Fully expect Haaland to get 6 points Vs Wolves so just need Luton to get a dodgy pen and Morris will outscore him and I will get a green arrow.

suheilsworld

Good week with 94 points and green arrows all the way. Up to 19th in the Caf league. Took a -4 and got Kabore for Gusto (before his price drops and a tough run of fixtures after his suspension) and going to trust Onana again, removed Sanchez.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Yeah, he is in my WC 9/10 plan but I am still on the fence on whether downgrading the rest of the team is worth having him. Like a quick comparison will be Trippier, Son, Maddison vs Burn, Salah, Diaby and the latter seems more risky. Comes down to if you are going to captain him or not in some of these games. Not sure as of now so will be assessing it while he travels to Spurs and Brighton.
Yeah I would need to sacrifice Son for him. Keeping Trippier and Maddison. Midfield would end up being something like Saka, Maddison, Ward Prowse, Diaby, Salah from GW9/10 onwards.

Alternatively I could forget Salah (keeping Son) and get Darwin in for Archer with the funds put aside and have a banging front 8 but a possible benching headache every week.