Fantasy Premier League 23/24

troylocker

Grey arrow with 51p

Salah in for Bruno this week, but I am tempted to put out at least one of many fires with a hit:

I'm planning for playing WC after blank GW18
- Eze (not essencial to fix yet)
- Defence: Tripps (hold), Mitchell (pfff), Cash (fire), Al-Dakhil (haven't played a single minute the last 3, no reports on why), Lamptey (injured again)
- Johnstone (tough fixtures coming up) and Turner (not playing)

Tempted to sell Mitchell or Cash ot both for Gabriel/Zinch and/or Tsimi
If Allisson in out long term I'm tempted to get in Kelleher (3,9M) for Turner

Thoughts?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Hit 48 points, beat the average score so not too bad but small red arrows everywhere.

Assessing my squad right now.

Areola - shite lately but got a 3 pointer this past week. Small positive for that. Ok run of fixtures upcoming

Turner - might as well bin off for a 3.9m goalie at this point

Cash - trash

Guehi - no cleanies since bringing him in, 2 ok fixtures before turning nasty

Tsimikas - definite hold for now, keep monitoring Robertson return date

Lascelles and Branthwaite - cheap starting options, hold

Son - dropped off since Maddison injury, City and Newcastle in 2 of next 3

Martinelli - poor choice when picking Maddison replacement so far, fixtures are fine

Salah - hold until nearer AFCON

Mbeumo - had 2 hard fixtures, things look easier until blank gw18

Gordon - hold

Haaland and Watkins - hold

Archer - not a priority to fix in himself but key to some intriguing things. I could move to 3-4-3 if I don't like the midfield options. Dropping down to a 0.3 forward to free up funds due to having 5 starting defenders currently is viable too. There's always a straight swap to Semenyo if just wanting to tinker

Chipper

Adulterer.
Son owners, are you holding or selling?
Selling soon but I don't know when. Will bring in Saka when I make the move.

Only got 1 transfer and might prioritise Cash > Gabriel/Zinchenko instead.

If Bowen was definitely fit, Martinelli > Bowen would come into play too which I can afford. Mind you, Sterling is a little under the radar at 9.3% owned I feel. Hitting form, Brighton and their leaky defence next. Us at Old Trafford after that followed by a very nice run of games.

Gawge

I did a very very basic knee-jerk on Sunday. Son+Alvarez > Gordon+Haaland.

Only had £0.1m in the bank and knew I wouldn't be able to afford it by the end of the week.

Okay with my Haaland-less gamble, but want him back now, and this seemed a sensible way of doing it (until Bowen is confirmed out for weeks and Gordon picks up a UCL injury etc...).

Chipper

Adulterer.
Screw it, farewell Son! Going Son > Sterling instead of Saka. Really want Sterling in right now.

Cash can survive another week due to having Bournemouth. Martinelli poor but at least he has the same good fixtures Saka does so he might just pull something out of the hat.

Banking some money here, might be moving towards Archer > Isak in the long term at this rate.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Screw it, farewell Son! Going Son > Sterling instead of Saka. Really want Sterling in right now.

Cash can survive another week due to having Bournemouth. Martinelli poor but at least he has the same good fixtures Saka does so he might just pull something out of the hat.

Banking some money here, might be moving towards Archer > Isak in the long term at this rate.
Why Sterling over Palmer out of interest?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Wise moment to use wildcard now or better to hold off until Wk 18 or so? Team currently is:

Areola - Raya
Walker - Tsimikas - Digne - Kaboré - Gabriel
Adingra - Son - Salah - Palmer - Chukwuemeka
Watkins - Nunez - Haaland​

Still like my team but I'm steadily losing points in our mini-league where others have the likes of Gordon and Hwang who are simply returning better at the moment.

BootsyCollins

Sterling is one yellow away from a ban. And i have him, so he will get it pretty early in the game.

ROFLUTION

Wise moment to use wildcard now or better to hold off until Wk 18 or so? Team currently is:

Areola - Raya
Walker - Tsimikas - Digne - Kaboré - Gabriel
Adingra - Son - Salah - Palmer - Chukwuemeka
Watkins - Nunez - Haaland​

Still like my team but I'm steadily losing points in our mini-league where others have the likes of Gordon and Hwang who are simply returning better at the moment.
It’s still better than most top 1 million teams - even top 500k so I wouldnt do it for just 1-2 players. Those 1-2 player dont make that much of a difference imo. You can maybe even sub your way from Adingra to one of those two somehow by saving a transfer or two.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Why Sterling over Palmer out of interest?
I won't lie, part of it is not having the balls to go from a fancy shiny big name at a bigger price all the way down to someone I'm looking at as a budget option. Can't go from Son to Palmer. It's bad reasoning but that's certainly some of it.

I was looking at Palmer closely recently when Neto went down with his injury. I went with Gordon at the time, as after some very dodgy calculations preferred him for his non-penalty xG/xA. With Spurs, City and Newcastle looking like daunting fixtures for Chelsea I wanted to stay away from their assets although things haven't worked out that way. Palmer has done well since then.

Don't get me wrong, penalty takers are a very useful pickup but Palmer had scored a couple by then and I thought that on average teams get about 6 a season. I didn't know how long that could go on. He then went and scored another 2 pens in his next 2 appearances although Gordon has done well too so it wasn't a bad move as such. Palmer's non pen stats have gone up since then as well so I don't know how he'd be looking now, haven't done any maths this time!

Could have gone Palmer although I still like the Sterling option.

Just looking for some post-hoc justification.

Sterling 5.1 points per appearance Vs. 4.5 for Palmer? Mind you I think Palmer made some sub appearances. Don't know what it is per 90.

Sterling a bigger differential? 9.3% Vs 12.2% owned?

Chelsea have some nice fixtures soon, both look good bets. If I need a Gordon replacement it will almost certainly be Palmer.

Just in general on Sterling:
18th most expensive mid
13th best form for mids
13th on points per match
17th most owned
9th most total points
Nice run of games to come

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I won't lie, part of it is not having the balls to go from a fancy shiny big name at a bigger price all the way down to someone I'm looking at as a budget option. Can't go from Son to Palmer. It's bad reasoning but that's certainly some of it.

I was looking at Palmer closely recently when Neto went down with his injury. I went with Gordon at the time, as after some very dodgy calculations preferred him for his non-penalty xG/xA. With Spurs, City and Newcastle looking like daunting fixtures for Chelsea I wanted to stay away from their assets although things haven't worked out that way. Palmer has done well since then.

Don't get me wrong, penalty takers are a very useful pickup but Palmer had scored a couple by then and I thought that on average teams get about 6 a season. I didn't know how long that could go on. He then went and scored another 2 pens in his next 2 appearances although Gordon has done well too so it wasn't a bad move as such. Palmer's non pen stats have gone up since then as well so I don't know how he'd be looking now, haven't done any maths this time!

Could have gone Palmer although I still like the Sterling option.

Just looking for some post-hoc justification.

Sterling 5.1 points per appearance Vs. 4.5 for Palmer? Mind you I think Palmer made some sub appearances. Don't know what it is per 90.

Sterling a bigger differential? 9.3% Vs 12.2% owned?

Chelsea have some nice fixtures soon, both look good bets. If I need a Gordon replacement it will almost certainly be Palmer.

Just in general on Sterling:
18th most expensive mid
13th best form for mids
13th on points per match
17th most owned
9th most total points
Nice run of games to come
Fair enough. Also interested to see where Nkunku fits in when he's fit enough to start although not sure that will affect Sterling or Palmer. Could be Gallagher who drops out.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Was just noticing that a good few of the highest scoring midfielders have their last names start with an S. I naturally wondered how many points you could get out of a whole team of 'em.

Sanchez
Saliba
Schar
(Thiago) Silva
Son
Sterling
Salah (c)
Saka
Szoboszlai
Solanke
Semenyo

Strakosha, Stones, Shaw, (Fabio) Silva

96.6m
740 points
OR = 2m+

Lacking that second decent forward that we're forced to field due to Shaw and Stones missing a lot of playing time. If one/both of those played every week instead so far it's a likely top 1-1.5m team. Not bad.

Last edited:

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
For my circumstances I’ll be holding

I already have Saka, Salah and Bowen as well, even my cheap midfielder Hee Chan is getting me hauls. So I’ll likely hold Son for this reason as I don’t get massive gains selling him. The only one I’d move currently is Bowen but that really is only if he’s out for a few weeks.

defender options, loads of 4.5 to 5 price pointed ones, strikers I have Haaland and Watkins, so again happy with what I have. Still have 0.3 in the bank too.

I got Son early, his transfer value is 9.4 for me. All points to a firm hold.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Was looking at the Afcon and Asia cup situation this morning. Looks like I'll have Salah, Son and Kabore to deal with in GW21-24, plus Mbeumo if I bring him back in which is making me think twice at the moment. That's a lot of transfers to book in.

There's also the blank to navigate in 18 with Mbeumo along with any City players I'm holding.

Also Crellin still thinks that City and Brentford could double in 20 right in the middle of all that chaos.

I really need to formulate a plan.

Last edited:

Vernon Philander

Was looking at the Afcon and Asia cup situation this morning. Looks like I'll have Salah, Son and Kabore to deal with in GW21-24, plus Mbeumo if I bring him back in which is making me think twice at the moment. That's a lot of transfers to book in.

There's also the blank to navigate in 18 with Mbeumo along with any City players I'm holding.

Also Crellin still thinks that City and Brentford could double in 20 right in the middle of all that chaos.

I feel people are underplaying this a lot. I’ve dropped Son for this reason as there is very little chance of using up the 2nd precious wildcard so early on, and so you’d need to book in so many transfers to fix the likes of Salah Son Mbeumo (Wissa Mitoma Jackson Onana too), along with the City Brentford blank/ double.

choice was easier for me as I went without Haaland so dropping Son is obvious to free funds back up to get him in.

Chipper

Adulterer.

Part of the reason I was keen to get rid of Son as soon as his form has dipped was because of the Asia Cup. Leaves me with just Mbeumo and Salah to deal with.

Is this stupid?

Sell Mbeumo in gw 18 (blank)
Buy Mbeumo back gw 19
No transfer gw 20 (Mbeumo double?)
Sell Salah and Mbeumo gw 21

Don't want to use free hit or 2nd wildcard for the potential City/Brentford double. I think FA Cup QF week will see multiple games cancelled? Not sure, but whenever they're eventually played is when I'm saving for.

Last edited:

ROFLUTION

Afcon and asia cup is like 6-7 GWs away. Wouldn't worry too much right now to be honest. Besides that everyone has many of the same problems in Salah, Son, Mitoma, Mbeumo, so it's not like you have a huge disadvantage in that area.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Afcon and asia cup is like 6-7 GWs away. Wouldn't worry too much right now to be honest. Besides that everyone has many of the same problems in Salah, Son, Mitoma, Mbeumo, so it's not like you have a huge disadvantage in that area.
There's a difference between worrying and making a plan. Goes without saying that those with a plan will navigate those weeks much better and not have to use valuable chips.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Knew about AFCON but not Asia Cup! Got Son and Hwang currently plus Salah

Had been looking at getting Mbuemo but reluctant due to this

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Apparently Bowen won't be involved on Thursday but they're hopeful of him being ready for Palace at the weekend.

Despite that I think I might cut my losses and bin him for Mbeumo. Allows me to keep Martinelli for Luton (even though he's shit) and get Darwin in next week (Alvarez out) for Sheffield United.

The City triple up I'll be targeting will be Haaland, Doku, Walker after 18.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Apparently Bowen won't be involved on Thursday but they're hopeful of him being ready for Palace at the weekend.

Despite that I think I might cut my losses and bin him for Mbeumo. Allows me to keep Martinelli for Luton (even though he's shit) and get Darwin in next week (Alvarez out) for Sheffield United.

The City triple up I'll be targeting will be Haaland, Doku, Walker after 18.
Yeah I'm doing the same. Was just waiting for an excuse. They've both moved price though so I can wait.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Anyway, bus team for this weekend...

Areola
Trippier Gabriel Tsimikas
Salah (vc) Gordon Martinelli Mbeumo Son
Haaland (c) Alvarez

Subs : Leno, Cash, Archer, Kabore

Moby

Dick
Anyway, bus team for this weekend...

Areola
Trippier Gabriel Tsimikas
Salah (vc) Gordon Martinelli Mbeumo Son
Haaland (c) Alvarez

Subs : Leno, Cash, Archer, Kabore
I was looking at my team and I don't see a transfer to make for next three weeks (famous last words). Rolling this week and could be burning transfers two weeks in a row. :lol:

Areola
Trippier Gabriel Tsimi
Salah Saka Son Mbuemo Gordon
Haaland Darwin

Strako Lascelles Taylor Mubama

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I was looking at my team and I don't see a transfer to make for next three weeks (famous last words). Rolling this week and could be burning transfers two weeks in a row. :lol:

Areola
Trippier Gabriel Tsimi
Haaland Darwin

Yeah spot on that.

Gawge

Johnstone
Tripper Saliba Cash
Bowen Chan Saka Salah Gordon
Haaland Watkins

Both transfers made already.

Think I will stick even if there are doubts about Bowen, got Baldock and Schar on the bench, who I would take coming in for him - unless he is ruled out for a long time.

Got my Wildcard still, so will do a lot of chopping there to prepare for AFCON and the Asia Cup.

Lot of time before then, but am I right in thinking I can play my Wildcard before the GW20 deadline? I assume I will probably want to keep Salah for Burnley (GW19), then use my Wildcard to move funds around the team.

Swiss_Red89

Brought in Mbuemo and Watkins for Son and Ferguson.

Team:
Areola
Cash Gabriel Tsimikas
Salah Saka Gordon Mbuemo Rashy (I know, he's my blind spot)
Watkins Haaland

Bench: Turner, Taylor, Maguire, Archer

Currently ranked on 1,5mio.

ROFLUTION

Areola
Trippier Gabriel Tsimi
Haaland Darwin

Maybe look to get a better goalkeeper than Areola? He’s had 1 clean sheet all season. Not that many teams are reliable for clean sheets.