Fantasy Premier League 23/24

ShinjiNinja26

Bruno gamble has backfired. I thought he’d definitely have started after the news he was back training again. Hopefully features against Newcastle and bags some points.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bruno gamble has backfired. I thought he’d definitely have started after the news he was back training again. Hopefully features against Newcastle and bags some points.
It's a funny game. A few weeks back I bottled bringing him in and he hauled. But since then has been an absolute bust and lucky I didn't switch Saka.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
United both alright and useless at the same time. Alright in kept it close, but wouldn't have threatened their goal in a million years.

Oh well, not many have the double Arsenal defence this week, so 13 from White and Gab.

Shame Saka wasn't involved in their goal - sod's law that.

Might have half a chance to go into the last week with a chance of the top 10, which after sitting in woeful 30-40s for ages (out of 110) would be a superb save.

Need Newcastle and Tottenham not to have big ones, outside of Isak and Son midweek.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Think that's the final nail in my coffin. Unless Maddison and VDV go ape shit against City whilst Porro, Johnson, Burn and Gordon all get sent off :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Think that's the final nail in my coffin. Unless Maddison and VDV go ape shit against City whilst Porro, Johnson, Burn and Gordon all get sent off :lol:
We really need Bruno, Rashy, anyone else back for that Newcastle game on Wed or we have next to no chance of scoring.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Another big game where I bench Saliba and get punished after City home, City away and now this.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Another big game where I bench Saliba and get punished after City home, City away and now this.
Depends who you played instead. If it was a doubler it was probably worth the risk.

It was some Wolves player not so much.

Rightnr

Depends who you played instead. If it was a doubler it was probably worth the risk.

It was some Wolves player not so much.
Yeah, indeed, it's definitely hindsight central on this one. I was originally planning to play Gabriel but bought Gvardiol for one of my other defenders, so ended up benching both. My third defender is Gusto who has been a bit of a disaster but could have easily had a goal yesterday and has a home game against a relatively toothless Brighton to come.

More than defenders, it's Saka who was crap but that stopped my direct rival from get Mateta points, so it's about even.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah, indeed, it's definitely hindsight central on this one. I was originally planning to play Gabriel but bought Gvardiol for one of my other defenders, so ended up benching both. My third defender is Gusto who has been a bit of a disaster but could have easily had a goal yesterday and has a home game against a relatively toothless Brighton to come.

More than defenders, it's Saka who was crap but that stopped my direct rival from get Mateta points, so it's about even.
I was considering a -4 for either Saka or a defender.
Saka was a choice of Bruno or Gordon. Either "could" still come off, but then i'd probably still want Saka last day.

In hindsight Munoz to Porro for -4 was the play. But that could easily have been a Palace cleany/assist for him and Porro blanks.

I do have a massive benching conundrum week 38 before I've even considered a transfer!

Rightnr

This is why I avoided United players like the plague. Nothing can be excluded at the moment.

Withnail

This is why I avoided United players like the plague. Nothing can be excluded at the moment.

What's going on with him? They say he's injured his hand but he'd already been playing with it strapped. They thought he could make this game until the last minute but now he's also going to miss Newcastle. It's not making a lot of sense.

Rightnr

What's going on with him? They say he's injured his hand but he'd already been playing with it strapped. They thought he could make this game until the last minute but now he's also going to miss Newcastle. It's not making a lot of sense.
Pretty sure it came out he broke his hand in the Coventry game but he still played.

After we lost any chance at a good league finish, I think the club has decided to rest him for the FA cup final. And I imagine Bruno doesn't want to miss his last Euros as a key player for Portugal. This is all speculation on my behalf but sounds reasonable.

Withnail

Pretty sure it came out he broke his hand in the Coventry game but he still played.

After we lost any chance at a good league finish, I think the club has decided to rest him for the FA cup final. And I imagine Bruno doesn't want to miss his last Euros as a key player for Portugal. This is all speculation on my behalf but sounds reasonable.
Ahh ok that makes sense. Rooney did make the point tonight that if there was anything big riding on these league games and the Cup Final/Euros weren't coming up, he felt we'd see a lot more of the injured players declaring themselves fit.

Rightnr

Ahh ok that makes sense. Rooney did make the point tonight that if there was anything big riding on these league games and the Cup Final/Euros weren't coming up, he felt we'd see a lot more of the injured players declaring themselves fit.
Felt like a dig at Rashford because Bruno already took a risk and we still messed up against Burnley.

These are his first missed league games because of injury in his career as well which is crazy.

Withnail

Felt like a dig at Rashford because Bruno already took a risk and we still messed up against Burnley.

These are his first missed league games because of injury in his career as well which is crazy.
Oh it's the first ones in his career? I thought it was just United which would have been impressive enough.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
I am currently second place in my mini league with money on the line. I have been top for 20 weeks straight and forgetting to change my team a couple weeks ago has cost me 30 points and now I’m about 15 behind.

Tonight I’ll be shamelessly cheering on Salah and Robertson and I don’t care if that makes me an awful United fan. It’s come down to this ffs.

Rightnr

:lol: Aimed the news of course. I was clinging onto the hope he’d at least feature on Wednesday.
No worries, I feel your pain. Everyone around me is on a bench boost in 80+ and I got 2 from mine in GW34. This week I have 20 on my bench and it's nothing amazing.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I am currently second place in my mini league with money on the line. I have been top for 20 weeks straight and forgetting to change my team a couple weeks ago has cost me 30 points and now I’m about 15 behind.

Tonight I’ll be shamelessly cheering on Salah and Robertson and I don’t care if that makes me an awful United fan. It’s come down to this ffs.
Robertson nowhere to be seen...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

We're absolutely odds on for 8th and have a cup final.
It makes sense not to take foolarse risks on players. Keep them fresh and try and get through these games as painlessly as possible.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Got away with Darwin scoring 1 point last night, shame Watkins was 5 as someone around me still had him.

Am 11th at the moment, top 10 in the money and need Gordon, Porro and Burn to be minimal.
A couple around me aren't on bench boost which helps and have obvious gaps.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Got away with Darwin scoring 1 point last night, shame Watkins was 5 as someone around me still had him.

Am 11th at the moment, top 10 in the money and need Gordon, Porro and Burn to be minimal.
A couple around me aren't on bench boost which helps and have obvious gaps.
Hate to tell you but these are the exact 3 players my lucky rival has .... :nervous:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hate to tell you but these are the exact 3 players my lucky rival has .... :nervous:
Two one nil wins for Tott and Newc with those players heavily involved would be a disaster on all levels.
Not convinced United will be able to score even with Newcastle having a patched up defence themselves.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Two one nil wins for Tott and Newc with those players heavily involved would be a disaster on all levels.
Not convinced United will be able to score even with Newcastle having a patched up defence themselves.
At least we'll ride or die together :lol:

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
That was a Porro challenge by Pedro

Edit: Completely wrong thread. Sorry!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Son with a title defining miss. Amazing.

Haaland captain obviously.
One guy in my league did KDB, another did Son.

Rightnr

Did everyone see the news on Isak? My whole attack except for City has tanked this DGW.