Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering I have Alvarez and no Haaland, that Haaland assist is bugging the hell out of me, I am still convinced he did not touch that cross from Alvarez that led to the Son own goal.

My god the forward thinking in here is wild. Does no one just make their changes 5 minutes before the gameweek deadline based on intuition anymore

I will soon, going to go from one extreme to the other. I know I'm selling Salah for AFCON which is forward thinking but after that I'm winging it for a bit.

There's always the second wildcard should I want him back but I'm probably going to be chopping and changing, loading up on everyone else for a while, doing whatever takes my fancy on a whim with all that lovely money.

This is how I ended up with Digne in my team :lol:

I forgot about mine and quickly put Odegaard in for Son which freed up £1m and got me a few extra points! Although I am in a few leagues for money this year so I should probably start taking tips from this thread and planning long term

Yeah not looking good for Pope. Could be out 5 months. Everyone will own Dubravka in 2 weeks :lol:

Tempted for the -4

I want Cash out ASAP but already made a transfer this week. He's last sub for me vs. City this midweek but I was going to bin him off ahead of Arsenal at the weekend.

The weekend looks fairly rough for all my defenders. Tsimikas, Palace (a) looking my best bet for a cleanie. Nobody has it easy.

Areola is stinking up the place so the -4 for Dubravka could well be worth it otherwise it's gw17 before I can get him.

Edit:
Areola = Spurs, Fulham, both away next 2
Dubravka = Everton, Spurs, both away

Close call, don't strongly fancy either to keep a clean sheet against Spurs. It's whether Dubravka will against Everton or not. Areola won't against anyone right now!

Last edited:
Article in the Mail (yep, I know it's the Mail!) about DDG filling in for Pope...!

Article in the Mail (yep, I know it's the Mail!) about DDG filling in for Pope...!

Cat among the pigeons!

Would have to think he wouldn't immediately go into the side either way. He can't be match ready.

WC on and this is the team so far

Dubravka (Bentley)
Lascelles TAA Tomiyasu (pinnock, Taylor)
Doku, Gordon, Salah, Saka (Mbuemo)
Haaland, Cunha, Alvarez

with Doku and Gordon injury doubts - thinking about doku to Kulu.
Confused between Alvarez and Jackson but former is on free kicks and corners. TAA is a must going by his form and creates cash issues elsewhere

What do I do chaps @Moby @Dirty Schwein ?

Leno Areola
Cash
Tsimikas Gabriel Trippier Kabore
Salah Son Gordon Mbeumo Martinelli
Archer
Alvarez Haaland

£0.9m in the bank. Feel all those in bold could be improved. 50/50 on Alvarez but not sure I see too much upside as I want Watkins in there soon and City play Luton at the weekend.

Dubravka in for Leno? Dubravka and Saka in for Leno and Martinelli (-4)? Archer to Chris Wood? :lol:
You still believe in Martinelli? Why do that to yourself?:wenger:

feck it. Stick to the plan. Dubravka in. Salah captain.

Dubravka
Trippier Gabriel Tsimikas
Salah (c) Son Martinelli Gordon Mbeumo
Alvarez Haaland

Subs : Areola, Archer, Kabore, Cash

Might got for Hwang over Palmer actually looking at his returns. Mudryk will probably eat into his minutes over Xmas and Nkunku is due back soon as well.

Might got for Hwang over Palmer actually looking at his returns. Mudryk will probably eat into his minutes over Xmas and Nkunku is due back soon as well.
Yeah Hwang's next 4 are juicy and he's on pens but I don't really trust Wolves as an attack over the likes of Newcastle and Chelsea who have options in the same price range.

I was thinking a lot about selling Gordon for Palmer or Hwang to enable Dubs but I think it's gonna be Lascelles out for fodder. It's risky given we won't get the Newcastle presser but it seemed to be a minor issue.

Really shit way to use two FTs for one keeper change. :lol:

I'm not really worried if he's replaced in January at all. Newcastle have tougher fixtures then anyway and he can just sit on the bench until a wildcard or a spare transfer comes up.

The benefit (to me) is he's crazy cheap and frees up vital funds to bolster the front 8.

It doesn't block me out of anyone either as I'm happy with Trippier and Gordon. Wilson will be back soon to make that striker spot a rotation nightmare again.

Going to roll my transfer this week I think.

I sort of need to get Cash out, but I can bench him this week, and just makes more sense to get him out in a double transfer because I don't know how much £ I need for whatever other move I do yet.

Johnstone
Schar Trippier Saliba
Hwang Bowen Salah Saka Gordon
Haaland Watkins

Took a hit and made 3 transfers. Palmer, Saka and Isak in for Luiz, Foden and Watkins. Risky but needed to get Saka back. Captain undecided.

Areola
Udogie Lascelles Tsimikas
Son Palmer Salah Saka
Isak Haaland Darwin

Turner Maguire Cash Chuwuemeka

Not a chance I'll be taking out Watkins, surprised to see so many doing it. Villa have been quality at home and he's one of the top scorers in the game. Don't get put off by seeing City and Arsenal in their next two. At home they can score goals against both, I wouldn't panic and bin him because honestly I don't think there's anybody else better forwards wise currently outside of Haaland who everybody already has to actually replace him.

Not a chance I'll be taking out Watkins, surprised to see so many doing it. Villa have been quality at home and he's one of the top scorers in the game. Don't get put off by seeing City and Arsenal in their next two. At home they can score goals against both, I wouldn't panic and bin him because honestly I don't think there's anybody else better forwards wise currently outside of Haaland who everybody already has to actually replace him.
City also without grealish, de bruyne, rodri, doku, Nunez. Midfield down to bare bones.

Team:

Johnstone (Turner)
Trippier, Zinch, Mitchell (mykolenko, Lamptey)
Salah, Saka, Gordon, Hwang (Palmer)
Haaland, Watkins, Darwin

Who to bench of: Gordon, Heang and Palmer

Salah will be captained by 65% this GW. Tempted to go Haaland for differensial. Thoughts?

Team:

Johnstone (Turner)
Trippier, Zinch, Mitchell (mykolenko, Lamptey)
Salah, Saka, Gordon, Hwang (Palmer)
Haaland, Watkins, Darwin

Who to bench of: Gordon, Heang and Palmer

Salah will be captained by 65% this GW. Tempted to go Haaland for differensial. Thoughts?
Palmer I think.

Sheffield are garbage. Not sure it's the week to go differential.

Benched Zinchenko.... the bastard, there's a wasted -4.

Status
Not open for further replies.