Fantasy Premier League 23/24

ShinjiNinja26

How many of you have both Salah and Haaland? I'm seriously considering it, but I need to wait 2 more rounds (already used my wildcard).

This would be the double-change to make it happen:

Trippier -> Mykolenko
Son -> Salah

Clear downgrade in defence, but clear upgrade in attack. Looking at the points total this is actually a downgrade, but I feel that Spurs will continue their drop.
I’ve had Salah, Son and Haaland for a while but will definitely be binning Son off now. Will look to get a couple of Arsenal players in.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Hearing Son and Porro might be out. feck my life :lol:

Hopefully both will be ok but my team is taking a hammering.

Moby

Dick

Even if I sell Son, I have no idea who to buy. :lol:

Richarlison? feck that! City play Luton but then blank. And if Son is back for GW18, then he's a great pick that week vs Everton at home.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Even if I sell Son, I have no idea who to buy. :lol:

Richarlison? feck that! City play Luton but then blank. And if Son is back for GW18, then he's a great pick that week vs Everton at home.
Yeah I'm gonna leave him in

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Yeah I'm keeping Son up until Asia Cup. There's really nobody worth replacing him with.

Thinking maybe Salah/Son to Bowen and Foden based on fixtures and points potential.

Last edited:

troylocker

Have started to look at WC drafts for GW19. With Asian Cup and African Cup coming up from GW21, this is first draft:

Leno (or any other starting 4,7M GK), Bentley
TAA, Tripps, Maguire, Livramento (Botman), Taylor
KDB, Saka, Bruno, Gordon, Palmer
Haaland, Watkins, Jimenez

Think this might have huge positive swing potential.

Thoughts?

troylocker

Since Maddison got injured (5 GWs ago) Spurs have lost 4 and drawn 1, they've kept 0 clean sheets and Son has generated a grand total of 0,69 xG and blanked in 4 out of 5 games....
Injured or not; Why bother with Spurs players the next month?

They are not good picks.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Saka’s the obvious choice for me.
With Villa and Liverpool away in 2 of his next 3? Also travelling (likely not playing though) to The Netherlands in between.

Hesitant to bring him in because of that run.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Since Maddison got injured (5 GWs ago) Spurs have lost 4 and drawn 1, they've kept 0 clean sheets and Son has generated a grand total of 0,69 xG and blanked in 4 out of 5 games....
Injured or not; Why bother with Spurs players the next month?

They are not good picks.
Yeah but I have other issues over taking out Son. Just need to wait a few weeks.

ShinjiNinja26

With Villa and Liverpool away in 2 of his next 3? Also travelling (likely not playing though) to The Netherlands in between.

Hesitant to bring him in because of that run.
Aye it’s a bit of a tricky run but they’re in good form and he produces pretty consistently. If Arsenal score in those games which I expect them to then chances are Saka will be involved.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Loads of options - number 1 will have to take precedence if Areola is confirmed out as will have no keeper!

1. One of Turner / Areola to either Dubravka (already have 2 Newc defenders) or Sanchez (great run coming)
  2. Luiz to McTom (although has Liverpool away in 2 games)
  3. Luiz to Gordon (to finally get the stock mid 5 Salah, Son, Saka, Palmer & Gordon template!)

Will probably look at Darwin to Jackson next week pre their great run.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Loads of options - number 1 will have to take precedence if Areola is confirmed out as will have no keeper!

1. One of Turner / Areola to either Dubravka (already have 2 Newc defenders) or Sanchez (great run coming)
  3. Luiz to Gordon (to finally get the stock mid 5 Salah, Son, Saka, Palmer & Gordon template!)

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
What do we think about Gabriel to TAA and Son to Palmer?

It's a -4 hit but TAA is basically a midfielder with the chance to earn CS points while Palmer has a much better fixture list than Son, Son is hurt and off to the Asia Cup anyways in a few weeks.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129

Jackson would be a risk with Nkunku nearly back?

I'm stuck with Darwin here too, need him out before my mates catch on as I've been his biggest critic ever since he arrived :lol:

Rauður Djöfull

need someone for Mbeumo, got 7,7 mill once I sell him, already got Bowen, Salah, Diaby, Hee Chan

thinking Gordon or Palmer?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah but I have other issues over taking out Son. Just need to wait a few weeks.
It's funny how the flavour goes on here isn't it.
Son scores v City - all the madness to take him out posts echo.
Doesn't score in the next game - needs gone.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
It's funny how the flavour goes on here isn't it.
Son scores v City - all the madness to take him out posts echo.
Doesn't score in the next game - needs gone.
Yeah I ignore it all. I have a plan and try to stick to it.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Ok, let's not worry about next week - what we doing this week? Keeper?
Unsure yet. I have Mbuemo, Darwin and Guehi all to sort out but I have a strong enough 10 this week and question marks over Areola. Realistically I don't expect my new keeper Dubravka (more likely) or Sanchez to keep a clean sheet so not sure whether to take a gamble on Areolas fitness. It is an inevitable move though so might be a decent time to get it out of the way

Ludens the Red

Unsure yet. I have Mbuemo, Darwin and Guehi all to sort out but I have a strong enough 10 this week and question marks over Areola. Realistically I don't expect my new keeper Dubravka (more likely) or Sanchez to keep a clean sheet so not sure whether to take a gamble on Areolas fitness. It is an inevitable move though so might be a decent time to get it out of the way
Surprised at the Darwin comments. I’m about to put him in!
He’s in top five for points for strikers. And Liverpool have fixtures coming up at home where he’ll have a lot more space. Scored two against us last season too.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

He’s in top five for points for strikers. And Liverpool have fixtures coming up at home where he’ll have a lot more space. Scored two against us last season too.
Think the rotation risk is what worries people with the hectic fixture schedule over Christmas.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've had him 2 weeks for 2 of the easiest games and he's scraped 1 assist. He's a woeful finisher he really is.

However, as seduced by McTom in as I am, Luiz is still the Villa pen taker and Utd away to Liverpool next is an absolute write off.

Areola has a ridiculous rep on here when he never keeps a cleanie, so now he's 5050 it's probably time to sort the keeper. Though I'll probably bin the non playing 4m guy first

saik

Just get Onana everyone. 2nd best GK in the game this season. :wenger:

RedRocket9908

Ive taken Darwin Nunez out this week and brought in Ollie Watkins, ive also triple captained Haaland because City are playing Luton.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I already have him. What to do now? :lol:

He's going down today as well ffs.
I've already sold Son a few weeks ago but if I hadn't I'd still be tempted to keep him.

Bowen if selling. Just brought him in myself for Mbeumo.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
I don't doubt City will get 3 points on Sunday but can still see it being a struggle for them. Haaland is getting my Captains armband but not expecting a mega haul.

Moby

Dick
I've already sold Son a few weeks ago but if I hadn't I'd still be tempted to keep him.

Bowen if selling. Just brought him in myself for Mbeumo.
Yeah was just looking at him. Bowen is a good replacement and has a great fixture run coming up except the Arsenal game. Son also shifted to the left with Rich in the middle so it's a bit uncertain where he plays if he plays.

Son to Bowen for a hit though?

ShinjiNinja26

Yeah was just looking at him. Bowen is a good replacement and has a great fixture run coming up except the Arsenal game. Son also shifted to the left with Rich in the middle so it's a bit uncertain where he plays if he plays.

I’m also tempted to bring in Foden but with the pep selection roulette it’s a bit of a gamble.

Chipper

Adulterer.

Didn't know it was for a hit, that complicated things! I really don't know.

Think these could be your main contenders, possibly throw in Martinelli too.

Bowen with the best overall xG + xA out of that lot per 90. Best xG per 90 too of them if narrowing down to a single stat which is worth more than assists of course.

Fixtures do look decent apart from Arsenal but there's that meme about him scoring away. He's already netted at Anfield, Villa Park, and away to Brighton (when they were good) plus Spurs this season. A few more too. Hopefully it holds up.

Hwang and Sterling with good fixtures too. I have Sterling but I'm not particularly confident about him right now. Think I'm right I'm saying you already own Palmer for Chelsea coverage?

Edit:

Hwang is ahead on actual goals/assists realised per 90. He and Bowen both outperforming xG but Hwang by a little more. I always wonder how long that might continue. It could do though! Bowen or Hwang either way.

Last edited: