Fantasy Premier League 23/24

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
In the past few seasons I've barely needed a bench up until the busy Christmas period yet I could have a half decent one quite easily. This season every week there's fires to put out and the bench is shite because so many expensive players are firing.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Yes! Finally rid of Cash. Konsa in.

Not the most imaginative replacement but looks decent. Two clean sheets on the bounce now for Villa.

Fixtures = BRE (A), SHU (H), MUN (A), BUR (H), EVE (A), NEW (H)

Banked £0.3m for making the change.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Should I keep Garnacho and let him feature with the might 1-2 points against Liverpool, or take a hit and buy Tavernier?

Won't lie, going into next weekend without Salah gives me anxiety. Such a blunder from me to change my initial plan and swap him for Haaland before last week, serves me right for deviating from my plan.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Activated my wildcard just now. Probably too late with the price risers but oh well. 0.6 ITB, will roll over a transfer to GW18 and then bring in Haaland for Salah after GW18 or GW19.

Martinez - Dubravka
Livramento - TAA - Walker - Porro - Kaboré
Salah - Son - Saka - Bailey - Sarr
Solanke - Darwin - Watkins​

Very happy with that, and barring injuries I've got a plan for the holiday fixtures in place. A lot of teams in my mini league also have the likes of Trippier, Digne, Haaland, ... so might struggle with transfers this week.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Activated my wildcard just now. Probably too late with the price risers but oh well. 0.6 ITB, will roll over a transfer to GW18 and then bring in Haaland for Salah after GW18 or GW19.

Martinez - Dubravka
Livramento - TAA - Walker - Porro - Kaboré
Salah - Son - Saka - Bailey - Sarr
Solanke - Darwin - Watkins​

Very happy with that, and barring injuries I've got a plan for the holiday fixtures in place. A lot of teams in my mini league also have the likes of Trippier, Digne, Haaland, ... so might struggle with transfers this week.
It's good but I'd find alternatives to Kabore and Sarr. I assume they are bench players but they're going to Afcon so won't be much use to you in a few weeks and you'll have Son and Salah to deal with so won't need the headache.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It's good but I'd find alternatives to Kabore and Sarr. I assume they are bench players but they're going to Afcon so won't be much use to you in a few weeks and you'll have Son and Salah to deal with so won't need the headache.
FFS :lol: Didn't think much further than Son and Salah for the cups. Salah will be gone when Haaland gets back in and Son the week after, but indeed could've chosen more useful bench players yeah.

paulscholes18

Oh wow, didn't know that. Thanks a lot!
Yep, once you activate the Wildcard you can change it as many times as you want until the deadline, just be careful of taking out players who have got a price rise as it will still cost you the extra 0.1 to put them back into your team. Best thing when you hit the Wildcard is to check price rises before you go to bed and put those players in.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I still have my first wildcard. Does anyone know when I need to use it by before I lose it?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I think most people would kill for a wildcard at the moment. Lesson definitely learnt this season about holding onto it for when the fixtures start piling up and injuries happen and not when "Chelsea's fixtures turn good" :rolleyes:

Moby

Dick
I think most people would kill for a wildcard at the moment. Lesson definitely learnt this season about holding onto it for when the fixtures start piling up and injuries happen and not when "Chelsea's fixtures turn good" :rolleyes:
Funnily I thought you and others who went really early especially dumping the chelsea and united assets early used it perfectly and have been flying through the ranks. I took the biggest hit in my rank in GW5 where I had triple chelsea and captained Son, it threw me into 2m+ and it has been a recovery climb ever since.

ROFLUTION

Went up maybe 2 million places due to using the wildcard and going for Newcastle players in time instead of Chelsea's frauds.

Could definitely use one now, mind you. 4 players out and close to even pulling a free hit. Maybe the lesson this season for me is to keep a wide squad due to the insane amount of injuries.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Funnily I thought you and others who went really early especially dumping the chelsea and united assets early used it perfectly and have been flying through the ranks. I took the biggest hit in my rank in GW5 where I had triple chelsea and captained Son, it threw me into 2m+ and it has been a recovery climb ever since.
Mate I wildcarded them in like you.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What doesn't help squad management is when you have little spells pissing about switching the same players in and out.
Usually getting it wrong in all ways.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Of course Gordon is flagged after last night. Meh. Just got to ride this one out now. No more hits.

We still thinking Salah captain? Alvarez, Son, Saka decent differential shouts? Picking the right one this week could be massive.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Of course Gordon is flagged after last night. Meh. Just got to ride this one out now. No more hits.

We still thinking Salah captain? Alvarez, Son, Saka decent differential shouts? Picking the right one this week could be massive.
Yes, Salah for me, Saka vice.

Agreed, I'm expecting a big scoring week for many. Lots of the popular players at home with good fixtures so plenty of captain choices.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Dubravka
Tsimikas Konsa Lascelles
Gordon Bowen Saka Salah(c) Sterling
Watkins Haaland

Turner Archer Guehi Branthwaite

Come on Archer, time to shine!