Fantasy Premier League 23/24

RedDevil@84

Bloody 86th min sub in for Gabriel killed my Chilwell points. Is Gabriel unfit or is he now 2nd choice

Chipper

Adulterer.
Think I might stick with Gabriel for 1 more week and actually transfer out Botman. As solid as Newcastle are City (A), Liverpool (H), Brighton (A), Brentford (H) is a tough period for any defence. He's not exactly known for his assists to make up for it even though he got one this week. Would think City scoring 2 or more has to be >50% chance for a start but you never know.

Probably should have realised this ahead of time and not got him to start the season with but I'm only a beginner so that was beyond me.

Edit: But who on earth do I bring in if I do that? Liverpool or Villa look best bet for a clean sheet next week. Can only afford Konate from the scousers (Bournemouth (H) and they themselves could be vulnerable away to Newcastle in 2 weeks time. Villa just shipped 5 but have a couple of ok games in Everton (H), Burnley (A). Might be looking at Digne or Cash.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
:lol: what are you doing with Gabriel?
I'm gonna leave him another week and see what happens. If he gets dropped once more then he's being switched out the following week.

Problem is ... I got two defenders on the bench that are not playing GW2. My idiotic fault for thinking I have 3 guaranteed defensive starters in my team :lol:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Left behind in all my leagues as I did not get any of the non-template ones right but it’s early days and it’s mere 10-12 points so no need to panic. Defense is a concern and I intend to move Stones out for Chilwell but will perhaps only do that after GW2 as I expect both Gabriel and Stones to start.

Moby

Dick
I'm gonna leave him another week and see what happens. If he gets dropped once more then he's being switched out the following week.

Problem is ... I got two defenders on the bench that are not playing GW2. My idiotic fault for thinking I have 3 guaranteed defensive starters in my team :lol:
You went for your Luton boys didn't you. :lol:

I have U-Dog who's playing Man United which isn't much better. Gabriel might survive the drop but Saliba will surely rise. But since Haaland is playing on Wednesday there's no way I'm doing transfers before that anyway. Hopefully Timber being out means this cnut who started every single match last season can start one more game.

Leonzo1

66 with Bruno Rashford and Onana to play. Everyone returned except Gabriel and Stones.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Herded 107 into my league in the end.

One genius who didn't get in just mailed about can he still pay up.

I'm trying to remember, if someone had set a team up before week 1, and they join my league now, will they join with their week 1 points? Assume so?

zinnaldo

fair start.

But heres a conundrum I dont precisely know what to do with;

I got Mings.. lengthy injury etc etc..

My backline consists of Gabriel / Colwill / Mings / Baldock and Bell (yeah, its horrid - I went as cheap as I could at the back to afford Salah as a second premium + rash / Fernandes / Mitoma / saka / Joao Pedro).

Do I change him now quickly to another 4.5 mill defender (Botman - any other suggestions?) - or do I pray to the the FPL gods that Colwill / Gabriel and Baldock(!) will all start and hence I have another round of info before I see who needs to take Mings place (and then I might be able to upgrade him for free if I do changes in other places)?

TLDR; HELP!

troylocker

68 points and Bruno and rashy to play. Decent, not great.
Gabriel not starting and Newcastle & Maddison looking much better than I thought will cause me a headache the next few weeks.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Really could've done with that Salah goal not being ruled out yesterday. Ah well early days. Still gonna captain him against Bournemouth next week and then assess with 2 FT's in GW3.

GW2 bus team

Turner
Cash Saliba Estu
Rashy Salah (c) Saka Trossard
Jackson Pedro Haaland (vc)

Subs: Onana, Chukwu, Baldock, Udogie

Chipper

Adulterer.

I'm trying to remember, if someone had set a team up before week 1, and they join my league now, will they join with their week 1 points? Assume so?
I think so. I wanted to join the caf league during week 1 but after the deadline and my points are counting.

I googled it before I did and found articles saying points would still count.

https://www.fantasyfootballreports.com/joining-fpl-late/
Can you join an FPL league late?
Yes, you can join a league in FPL late. The scoring of each mini-league starts in the gameweek the league was created.

So, if you registered your team before the gameweek 1 deadline and in GW2 you decide to join the mini-league (that was created before the start of the season), your total points will be taken normally and your GW1 score will be added.

However, if you join a league that was created in GW2, your GW1 score will not be added.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

If scoring in your league started GW1 then yes he will get GW1 points.

A few years back there was an interesting battle for top spot in the caf league. 3-4 were in contention I think. Then before GW38 some dude who was 50 points clear joined the league and stole the victory.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
70 with Rashford and Bruno to play. I think only mistakes I have done is transfer out Johnstone for Pickford almost late on. Was driving close to deadline so did not pick up the Gabriel leaks. Stones didnt really affect me as I had Chilwell on the bench.

Should sneak into top 1mill which is a good start.

Red Star One

A few years back there was an interesting battle for top spot in the caf league. 3-4 were in contention I think. Then before GW38 some dude who was 50 points clear joined the league and stole the victory.
Last year we were at the finish of the season and 3-4 lads were in contention too, the was a guy that wanted to join being in the top50 worldwide at the moment and good 100 points ahead of our top, but after some discussions here we decided it wouldn’t really be fair for him to join gw30. Mods could lock the league for new entrants after few first GWs I think.

Onana Rash and Bruno coming later tonight, big hopes!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

I think it should be safe letting him now.

If it was a few weeks in and it was someone who would cruise in the top bit of the table that wouldn't be on I don't think.

At this stage, buried in 108 players, with 5points being the difference in 30 places, no-one will notice.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Think I might stick with Gabriel for 1 more week and actually transfer out Botman. As solid as Newcastle are City (A), Liverpool (H), Brighton (A), Brentford (H) is a tough period for any defence. He's not exactly known for his assists to make up for it even though he got one this week. Would think City scoring 2 or more has to be >50% chance for a start but you never know.

Probably should have realised this ahead of time and not got him to start the season with but I'm only a beginner so that was beyond me.

Edit: But who on earth do I bring in if I do that? Liverpool or Villa look best bet for a clean sheet next week. Can only afford Konate from the scousers (Bournemouth (H) and they themselves could be vulnerable away to Newcastle in 2 weeks time. Villa just shipped 5 but have a couple of ok games in Everton (H), Burnley (A). Might be looking at Digne or Cash.
Fixtures matter massively, especially when it comes to the defence.

It's why I stayed away from all Newcastle assets but certainly won't go near their defenders for several gameweeks.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Whoever called Bruno operating too deep got it spot on.
Looks an overpriced asset on that 45. Mount taking a lot of the corners too.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Whoever called Bruno operating too deep got it spot on.
Looks an overpriced asset on that 45. Mount taking a lot of the corners too.
Yeah. I'm gonna give it another week regardless as Spurs are more open than a hooker's legs but after that, might look at a change.