Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Who cares about price rises. Info during week worth more.
I think it’s somewhere on the middle. You have people taking hits just try take advantage of price changes, but then the hits then cause a negative on your score if you compare to not making all the changes in the first place.

but equally if you planned to move a player on due to tough fixture run, then making a move a day or 2 early pays off for other future moves.

Moby

Dick
I have binned Mitoma for Sterling due to Brighton's five week run of horror fixtures. Would love to shift Estupinan as well tbh, but don't want to fall behind 64% of people if he suddenly gets a haul. Their defence looks dodgy though.
I'm likely to do the same move but not sure whether to sell Martinelli instead and keep Mitoma. I'm leaning towards selling Mitoma right now. Man United defense is there for the taking.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Flekken, for example, got 4 this week even conceding. You can imagine him getting 4 again next week and if he gets a clean sheet, it could well be an 8 pointer.

Ederson is one goal, you’re dead, and he just isn’t a very good shot stopper. You are totally reliant on City being faultless for 100 minutes to not get a certain 2 pointer.

I really think that having a quality bench option would more than make up a difference (if there even is any) by seasons end. Especially when you consider hits and needless transfers you would avoid.
Been thinking about this. None of the city defenders will be getting much attacking points so most people will Gvardiol v Ederson. Ederson costs 0.5 more but comes with the guarantee of playing. This also allows us to also cover the city defense and line up with a proper attacking back line.

My backline would be:

Ederson
Trippier, Chilwell, Estu (Udogie, £4.5m)

I don't really want any city defender ahead of those four.

I guess with that you lose save points and gk hauls but that's a trade off I'm willing to make. Normally I'm against premium gk but this year, money is no issue so why not try it.

Can easily switch to flekken or whoever of it don't work out.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Been thinking about this. None of the city defenders will be getting much attacking points so most people will Gvardiol v Ederson. Ederson costs 0.5 more but comes with the guarantee of playing. This also allows us to also cover the city defense and line up with a proper attacking back line.

My backline would be:

Ederson
Trippier, Chilwell, Estu (Udogie, £4.5m)

I don't really want any city defender ahead of those four.

I guess with that you lose save points and gk hauls but that's a trade off I'm willing to make. Normally I'm against premium gk but this year, money is no issue so why not try it.

Can easily switch to flekken or whoever of it don't work out.
Yeah, that’s a fair enough way of looking at it. I think I just prefer the million in the team when Ederson will always cap at 6. If he strings together a number of clean sheets, it could work out really well. Gvardiol was on for bonus today before the goal, so worth keeping in mind too!

RedMist99

Won manager of the month (£10) in my work league by 1 point! Diaby coming up clutch.

Feels like I've not had a brilliant first few weeks but think a lot of people have had a tough start this year

Moby

Dick
Starting Saliba every game so far: 3 starts, 14 points
Starting Gabriel every game so far with Udogie first bench: 0 starts, 14 points.

And now both would be benched/sold. All that drama for nothing.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Total 187
2 free transfers for this week

With the squad I had I could have only got 6 more points from my picks. (Excluding transfers) and won MOTM in mini league.

Withnail

Ditched Rashford for Sterling.

I was contemplating wholesale changes and possibly WC'ing but I'll hold off and see how things pan out. Although I'm doing terribly with 161 so far.

Halaand as a set and forget Captain not looking like the best option at the moment. I should have gambled a bit. I was sure Bruno/Rashford would get points against Forest.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Ditched Rashford for Sterling.

I was contemplating wholesale changes and possibly WC'ing but I'll hold off and see how things pan out. Although I'm doing terribly with 161 so far.

Halaand as a set and forget Captain not looking like the best option at the moment. I should have gambled a bit. I was sure Bruno/Rashford would get points against Forest.
WC when you’re only 20 points off top 500k is too soon.

I look at a lot of the squads that are quite template from GW1 and people making changes that they could do over a few weeks instead.

With an international break coming I don’t get the urge to WC

Withnail

WC when you’re only 20 points off top 500k is too soon.

I look at a lot of the squads that are quite template from GW1 and people making changes that they could do over a few weeks instead.

With an international break coming I don’t get the urge to WC
It was a slight panic and others were talking about it so I thought about it but decided against it. The windows not closed yet and as you say the international break is coming up so I've decided to hold off. I used the final one too early last season and it fecked up my run in.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
My thoughts on those who like me have Rashford, Bruno, Martinelli and Saka.

Arsenal’s RB experiment hasn’t worked. Rashford I fancy him to have a bit of joy.

Martinelli vs AWB I hope he won’t get much joy and be subbed.

Saka vs Dalot and Bruno just in general look too good.

So Martinelli might go for either Maddison or Sterling.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
In the cold light of day I'm still fine with wildcarding I think.

Both gk's 100% need changing along with Pedro, Baldock, Chuck and Salah. And when you lose Salah you can really spread the funds about to have a ridiculous squad. I still think we look poor so I'll be losing Rashford with an eye on maybe bringing in Bruno or Hojlund when fit and we look on form.

Priority picks on a wildcard will be nailedness, form and fixtures. Squad can be built around Saka, Maddison, Sterling, Haaland. Might as well pick 5 attacking defenders and rotate so the likes of Chilwell, Udogie, Estu and Trippier all feature highly. Slightly worried about Trippier getting the odd benching in the easier games with Livramento about. Cash feels like a smash and grab with his points. I will want Moreno when he's fit though. Jackson has to stay up front as well with these fixtures.

Take all that into account you've got

Areola ?
Chilwell Trippier Estu Udogie ?
Saka Maddison Sterling ? ?
Haaland Jackson ?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
In the cold light of day I'm still fine with wildcarding I think.

Both gk's 100% need changing along with Pedro, Baldock, Chuck and Salah. And when you lose Salah you can really spread the funds about to have a ridiculous squad. I still think we look poor so I'll be losing Rashford with an eye on maybe bringing in Bruno or Hojlund when fit and we look on form.

Priority picks on a wildcard will be nailedness, form and fixtures. Squad can be built around Saka, Maddison, Sterling, Haaland. Might as well pick 5 attacking defenders and rotate so the likes of Chilwell, Udogie, Estu and Trippier all feature highly. Slightly worried about Trippier getting the odd benching in the easier games with Livramento about. Cash feels like a smash and grab with his points. I will want Moreno when he's fit though. Jackson has to stay up front as well with these fixtures.

Take all that into account you've got

Areola ?
Chilwell Trippier Estu Udogie ?
Saka Maddison Sterling ? ?
Haaland Jackson ?
This is basically my team but I have the ? Filled in :lol:

Areola Ederson
Chilwell Trippier Estu Udogie Kabore
Saka Maddison Sterling Bruno Mbeumo
Haaland Jackson Archer

£1.1m in the bank.

I could technically upgrade Kabore & Archer of course but think the flexibility in funds is more important now that I have a nailed team with one actual good bench option.

That way for instance, I can swap Jackson to Watkins as their fixtures turn in opposite directions at the exact same time.

Also, enough price points to manoeuvre to whoever I want.

The only real question is whether I get Flekken for Ederson and spread that into the bench...

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Areola Ederson
Haaland Jackson Archer

£1.1m in the bank.

I could technically upgrade Kabore & Archer of course but think the flexibility in funds is more important now that I have a nailed team with one actual good bench option.

That way for instance, I can swap Jackson to Watkins as their fixtures turn in opposite directions at the exact same time.

The only real question is whether I get Flekken for Ederson and spread that into the bench...
Are you on a wildcard too?

Yeah I think Ederson set and forget makes sense. I might make my 5th defender someone I can rotate in so one of the £4.5's like Andersen maybe.

Up front I really like Semenyo. Watched a bit of Bournemouth and he always looks their most dangerous player and I think they are better in attack than Sheffield.

The two mid spots are trickier. I think I will hold off on Bruno for now and leave £2m in the bank so I can turn anyone into him in one move. I like the look of Bowen as a punt with Luton next week. The last mid spot has to be between Mbuemo, Diaby and Mitoma. Mbuemo has the better fixtures but the other 2 are in more attacking sides. Tricky one.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Areola Ederson
Haaland Jackson Archer

£1.1m in the bank.

No Liverpool asset?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Are you on a wildcard too?

Yeah I think Ederson set and forget makes sense. I might make my 5th defender someone I can rotate in so one of the £4.5's like Andersen maybe.

Up front I really like Semenyo. Watched a bit of Bournemouth and he always looks their most dangerous player and I think they are better in attack than Sheffield.

The two mid spots are trickier. I think I will hold off on Bruno for now and leave £2m in the bank so I can turn anyone into him in one move. I like the look of Bowen as a punt with Luton next week. The last mid spot has to be between Mbuemo, Diaby and Mitoma. Mbuemo has the better fixtures but the other 2 are in more attacking sides. Tricky one.
I'm on WC yeah. I agree with the £4.5m defender but I'm a Luton fan so need at least once player from our team :lol:

I'm happy to have Bruno. Great expected data, plays every minute and on pens. United fixtures are great after the next two and even the next two are against leaky teams. Absolutely happy to have him.

Bowen is a great punt but it's a 1 week thing and Luton will be well up for it at The Kenny. I'll take the risk and won't get him. As for the £6.5 trio, Mbeumo is the one for now. More nailed then Diaby, better fixtures than Mitoma and on pens, free kicks and corners. Will probs swap to Diaby and Sterling to Mitoma from around GW10 with the fixture swing.
No Liverpool asset?
Nah. Can't guarantee who will play, none get 90 minutes, fixtures are tough, uncertainty around Salah and they're cnut scousers. feck that.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
My GW 3 got me a 51. All green arrows except for the RedCafe league that dropped me to 88th place.

Brought in Udogie for Gabriel for this week.
It's possible, I might take a -4 to replace Estupinan for a better defensive backup on the bench. Then I'll likely bring him back in before GW 10 when Brighton have a long stretch of easy fixtures.

I'm still in decent shape. Holding my WC might cost me with the surge of those of you playing it, but I want to wait for a week when I really need to make massive changes.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I'm on WC yeah. I agree with the £4.5m defender but I'm a Luton fan so need at least once player from our team :lol:

I'm happy to have Bruno. Great expected data, plays every minute and on pens. United fixtures are great after the next two and even the next two are against leaky teams. Absolutely happy to have him.

Bowen is a great punt but it's a 1 week thing and Luton will be well up for it at The Kenny. I'll take the risk and won't get him. As for the £6.5 trio, Mbeumo is the one for now. More nailed then Diaby, better fixtures than Mitoma and on pens, free kicks and corners. Will probs swap to Diaby and Sterling to Mitoma from around GW10 with the fixture swing.

Nah. Can't guarantee who will play, none get 90 minutes, fixtures are tough, uncertainty around Salah and they're cnut scousers. feck that.
All fair points. I'll ignore your obvious Luton bias :p but yeah you might be right about just getting Bruno now actually. He's a solid points ticker. Got the week to think on it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
They being cnuts is a good reason to avoid but they don't have tough fixtures :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Just looking at the gk situation and Leno & Areola work really well together as a combo. Might be a better shout than boring 6 PT max Ederson and free up another £1m.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
@Dirty Schwein I think you're right, that midfield 5 of Mbuemo, Maddison, Sterling, Saka, Bruno looks really well rounded.

Might even draft Antonio as 3rd striker and bench Bruno next weekend for a differential.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
@Dirty Schwein I think you're right, that midfield 5 of Mbuemo, Maddison, Sterling, Saka, Bruno looks really well rounded.

Might even draft Antonio as 3rd striker and bench Bruno next weekend for a differential.
Yeah I think it covers a lot of price points so you can always move without taking hits but also had at least 3 pen takers and 5 players that should play most games.

I'm gonna leave it for a while but my main conundrum is whether I take the safety of Ederson or go cheaper in GK for a stronger bench...

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
With everybody going Bruno one just knows Rashford's gonna score a brace against arsenal
Might well do. They've looked a bit wishy washy themselves but let's be honest we've been pretty awful this season so far. People are possibly overreacting to the Forest game where they sat back for 80 mins after going 2-0 up early doors. Rashford seems to blow hot and cold whereas Bruno seems more consistent.