g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Premier League 23/24

paulscholes18

First draft…
Onana- Areola
Mings- Bayer - Botman - Bell- Robertson
Saka - Baptist- Rashford - Bruno - Enzo
Haaland - Kane - J. Pedro

Any suggestions for improvement? Nothing left in the bank.
I would drop Robertson to a 5m defender, Gabriel or Estupinan, and then go Enzo to a 6.5m midfielder such as Diaby, March Mitoma or Mbeumo. Think Torres is more likely to start than Mings for Villa.

vic090482

I would drop Robertson to a 5m defender, Gabriel or Estupinan, and then go Enzo to a 6.5m midfielder such as Diaby, March Mitoma or Mbeumo. Think Torres is more likely to start than Mings for Villa.
Thanks mate. I don't have any Liverpool players in the team after I dropped Robertson.
This is my new team:
Onana- Areola
Lamptey- Bayer - Botman - Bell- Stones
Saka - Baptist- Rashford - Bruno - Mbeumo

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Thanks mate. I don't have any Liverpool players in the team after I dropped Robertson.
This is my new team:
Onana- Areola
Lamptey- Bayer - Botman - Bell- Stones
Saka - Baptist- Rashford - Bruno - Mbeumo
I think that defence is still too weak. Lamptey won’t be a nailed starter, so you will be relying on newly promoted defenders every week.

If you really want to keep Kane, I would snip 0,5 off your keeper and go Steele/Johnstone and maybe snip 0,5 off a midfielder (Bruno to Martinelli or Mbeumo to Gibbs-White) and give yourself a Gabriel/Saliba as a third defender.

I really think Kane could go, and you if you want the second premium as a captain option for week 2, go for Salah

Leonzo1

Going with TAA Salah and Haaland Is very difficult this season. At least last season we had United players who were extremely underpriced. This season looks challenging budget wise. Not that I'm complaining I much prefer it this way. Interesting to see what Hoijlund's price will be.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Flekken has been terrible so far in preseason. There is no way I’m going for any Brentford defense to start the season even though their fixtures are good.

Maluco

Flekken has been terrible so far in preseason. There is no way I’m going for any Brentford defense to start the season even though their fixtures are good.
Yeah, he has looked awful. To be honest, a Brentford without Raya and Toney might be a hard avoid completely.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If only we could judge whether TAA will be an attacking monster fused with a defensive cleansheet team, or hugely overvalued.

Leaving him out doesn't half help packing the midfield.

Especially when you could put in Shaw, Estu, Stones etc, loads of choices.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yeah, he has looked awful. To be honest, a Brentford without Raya and Toney might be a hard avoid completely.
Yeah. I had Raya and Toney whole season. But this year, Brentford is a no go. Mbuemo looks tempting but he is not exactly a bargain for 6.5.

Btw, as i asked before; anyone going with Sterling? 7 mil looks as a bargain for him.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Onana or Ramsdale for me. I am not even bothering with other options.

Maluco

Yeah. I had Raya and Toney whole season. But this year, Brentford is a no go. Mbuemo looks tempting but he is not exactly a bargain for 6.5.

Btw, as i asked before; anyone going with Sterling? 7 mil looks as a bargain for him.
I had Sterling in thinking that if he even gets back to half his best, he would be a bargain, but Mudryk has been far better pre-season, so I could see Mudryk - Nkunku - Madueke behind Jackson in game one. I think it’s 50/50 to be honest. Poch likes hard workers and he just hasn’t been doing enough.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I had Sterling in thinking that if he even gets back to half his best, he would be a bargain, but Mudryk has been far better pre-season, so I could see Mudryk - Nkunku - Madueke behind Jackson in game one. I think it’s 50/50 to be honest. Poch likes hard workers and he just hasn’t been doing enough.
Damn, you really think that he will start as a sub? Then i will go with Mitoma i guess. In first few GWs i don't want to go with non starter

Maluco

Damn, you really think that he will start as a sub? Then i will go with Mitoma i guess. In first few GWs i don't want to go with non starter
I think it’s a coin toss to be honest. Mudryk has looked really dangerous in pre-season. I think Mitoma is a safe pick for those first two fixtures. Diaby is another one who looks really good at 6.5.

Bowen has been starting up front in pre-season and has looked really sharp at 7.0mil if you trust Moyes!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If only we could judge whether TAA will be an attacking monster fused with a defensive cleansheet team, or hugely overvalued.

Leaving him out doesn't half help packing the midfield.

Especially when you could put in Shaw, Estu, Stones etc, loads of choices.
So, what is your stance now? Going with Taa or not? I have Shaw, Estu and Dias/Stones and i am also thinking that 7-8 mil midfielder will give me more than Trent at that price.

SteveCoppellFan

not bad for a threemium, but obvious doubts in defence.
It was something i put together in 10 minutes, just wanted to see how viable having the big 3 was.

Turns out its pretty damn possible with many options in other areas for reasonable prices.

Not that I have the balls to do it mind.

Maluco

How has Wissa looked so far in pre-season ?
He has definitely looked the brightest, but Brentford haven’t won a game and their keeper hasn’t started well.

Wissa looks bright though, full of running and good movement. Obviously can’t read too much into pre-season but he would be the one to go for from Brentford based on those games.

Kryptonite

Onana
Chilwell - Gabriel - Estupinian
Son - Rashford - Mitoma - Foden - Saka
Haaland - Watkins

Wondering whether to downgrade Son to Maddison, Mitoma to bench fodder and go for 3 upfront with Darwin.

Thoughts?

Maluco

Onana
Chilwell - Gabriel - Estupinian
Son - Rashford - Mitoma - Foden - Saka
Haaland - Watkins

Wondering whether to downgrade Son to Maddison, Mitoma to bench fodder and go for 3 upfront with Darwin.

Thoughts?
Darwin is the ultimate high-risk, high-reward option. I am so tempted, but Jota and Luíz in particular are such good players and Gakpo finished the season as first choice.

His stats are insane though, but if I was going to do it, I would be filling my midfield with reliable options.

Kryptonite

Darwin is the ultimate high-risk, high-reward option. I am so tempted, but Jota and Luíz in particular are such good players and Gakpo finished the season as first choice.

His stats are insane though, but if I was going to do it, I would be filling my midfield with reliable options.
Fair points. I played pretty template last season and lost interest towards the end, I may just fill the team with high-risk-reward players this time round and let the chaos ensue.

Maluco

Fair points. I played pretty template last season and lost interest towards the end, I may just fill the team with high-risk-reward players this time round and let the chaos ensue.
It’s definitely possible this year with the pricing. Likes of Son, de Bruyne, Darwin, Bowen are valid picks that could do really well. You could build a really interesting alternative eleven.

vic090482

I think that defence is still too weak. Lamptey won’t be a nailed starter, so you will be relying on newly promoted defenders every week.

If you really want to keep Kane, I would snip 0,5 off your keeper and go Steele/Johnstone and maybe snip 0,5 off a midfielder (Bruno to Martinelli or Mbeumo to Gibbs-White) and give yourself a Gabriel/Saliba as a third defender.

I really think Kane could go, and you if you want the second premium as a captain option for week 2, go for Salah
Thanks mate!

Went with this for now.
Onana- Areola
Gabriel- Estupinan - Botman - Bell- Stones
Saka - De Bruyne- Rashford - Bruno - Elanga
Haaland - Wissa - J. Pedro

Any tips to squeeze in a Chelsea player? I reckon, I can get Enzo in for Elanga. 0.5 mil in the bank.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Finally got around to doing this.

Stuck between two teams. Thoughts anyone?

Onana
TAA, Gabriel, Estupinian
Rashford, Saka, Mitoma, Maddison, Mbuemo
Nkunku
, Haaland

Subs: Areola, Adebayo, Botman, Beyer (0.0 in the bank)

Or:

Onana
Chilwell, Gabriel, Estupinian
Rashford, Saka, Mitoma, Maddison, Foden
Jesus
, Haaland

Subs: Areola, Morris, Botman, Beyer (0.5 in the bank)

Paul_Scholes18

Finally got around to doing this.

Stuck between two teams. Thoughts anyone?

Onana
TAA, Gabriel, Estupinian
Rashford, Saka, Mitoma, Maddison, Mbuemo
Nkunku
, Haaland

Subs: Areola, Adebayo, Botman, Beyer (0.0 in the bank)

Or:

Onana
Chilwell, Gabriel, Estupinian
Rashford, Saka, Mitoma, Maddison, Foden
Jesus
, Haaland

Subs: Areola, Morris, Botman, Beyer (0.5 in the bank)
I feel early on the second draft is better if Foden and Jesus start most games.

TAA I think will grow when the fixtures get better for Liverpool.

Lights Out

First draft:

Onana

Stones - Saliba - Estupinan

Rashford - Jota - Saka - Mitoma

Nkunku - Haaland - Joao Pedro

Subs:
Bentley
Trossard
Digne
£4m defender

Not sure if I’m happy with going heavy on Brighton but they have a very favourable start.

I think Nkunku is going to score goals.

Jota finished the season very strongly and is down as a midfielder.

paulscholes18

Is anyone who was set on 352 switching over to a 343?
I'm liking the look of one of Jackson, Nkunku, Darwin, João Pedro.
Have just switched to a 3-4-3, don’t hate it

Onana
Stones Estupinan Gabriel
Bruno Rashford Saka Foden
Haaland Jesus Darwin

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think I’m going Bernardo instead of Foden. He should get better minutes and is always a threat, also £1m cheaper and will allow me to get a third striker.

Also ditching Rashford for now, if he’s playing down the wing it’s not the same as being the main goal threat upfront. Bruno is fine for now.

Richarlison may be a good option at £7m, especially if Kane leaves.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So, what is your stance now? Going with Taa or not? I have Shaw, Estu and Dias/Stones and i am also thinking that 7-8 mil midfielder will give me more than Trent at that price.
Thinking no TAA at the mo.
I want Bruno and Rashy as our start is superb. Aesenal big hitter is essential too with their start, so Saka and Jesus in there.

And you feel one of Mbeumo or Mitoma will hit it big so hedging bets and having both.

athlonmax

Supports
Malaysian National Team
Welcome to the thread mate, it’s a good laugh over the season.

You can’t go too far wrong with that team, although I would avoid Botman at the start. Newcastle might concede over first few games and people will sub out Botman and you could use value. Maybe start with someone lesser owned with a few decent fixtures like Pau?
Thanks mate, oh this one is a placeholder only. Surely will tweak a bit more once we are close to the dreaded gameweek! :D
Salah, Darwin and Jota looks good in their pre-season games...hmmm

SteveCoppellFan

He has definitely looked the brightest, but Brentford haven’t won a game and their keeper hasn’t started well.

Wissa looks bright though, full of running and good movement. Obviously can’t read too much into pre-season but he would be the one to go for from Brentford based on those games.
Thank you

ROFLUTION

What do we reckon Højlund’s fpl price will be?

Nkunku was topscorer in the bundesliga and is “just” 7.5 so maybe in that range?

SimonB3

Onana
Stones White Estupinian
Rashford Saka Mitoma Diaby
Jesus Haaland Nkunku

Leno Gibbs-White Mings Bell

Settled on this
Thoughts?

Lux Thunder

GK: Ederson, Forster
DF: Shaw, Gabriel, Estupinan, Ake, Baldock
MF: Mitoma, Bruno, Enciso, Rashford, Saka
CF: Haaland(C), Jesus, Wissa

Practically, template choices. Removed TAA from my first draft as having both him and Haaland made me choose some players who aren't starting for their teams. Still thinking about adding some Chelsea players and Onana, but it's hard to choose who to remove from Bruno, Shaw and Rashford.

Any thoughts ?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
GK: Ederson, Forster
DF: Shaw, Gabriel, Estupinan, Ake, Baldock
MF: Mitoma, Bruno, Enciso, Rashford, Saka
CF: Haaland(C), Jesus, Wissa

Practically, template choices. Removed TAA from my first draft as having both him and Haaland made me choose some players who aren't starting for their teams. Still thinking about adding some Chelsea players and Onana, but it's hard to choose who to remove from Bruno, Shaw and Rashford.

Any thoughts ?
Too many questions around Enciso with the signings they have made. Drop him to 4.5 mid and upgrade Wissa to Jackson or drop Wissa to 4.5 forward and upgrade Enciso. Also not keen on spending for a premium keeper. Drop him to 5.0 and bank that 0.5m.