Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Main draft looks good. Just not liking Pedro. Out of position the wrong way round? But done to get Maddison in?
Mitoma seems a good bet instead. Not sure Maddo's price and what you could instead squeeze a striker to otherwise.
Pedro is only there for the first two games then swap to Jackson. Although I'm thinking to just roll in with Jackson from the start now as Liverpool aren't exactly solid in defense... Thoughts?

As for Maddison, I'm happy to take the gamble. He's playing really well, integral to the new way Spurs play and can make a mockery of the £7.5m. if not, easy swap to any £6.5m.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Ederson
Trippier Gabriel Stones
Fernandes Rashford Saka Garnacho Szoboszlai
Halaand Watkins

Turner Lamptey Raul Richards

Think I'm going to try and ignore this until Friday at the earliest
Is that a triple up of United midfielders :lol:. Goodluck to you. Id love Garnacho but i can just see him getting rotated all the god damn time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Pedro is only there for the first two games then swap to Jackson. Although I'm thinking to just roll in with Jackson from the start now as Liverpool aren't exactly solid in defense... Thoughts?

As for Maddison, I'm happy to take the gamble. He's playing really well, integral to the new way Spurs play and can make a mockery of the £7.5m. if not, easy swap to any £6.5m.
Tottenham feel like a wait and see job.
The Kane uncertainty, new manager, playing us 2nd etc.
Mitoma I know he's against your lot but just seems a hard leave out first 3.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Pedro is another one i would love to have in my team, but i can't gamble on him until it's proven he starts every game. Having watched him for a few seasons at Watford, it's clear he's a great player but he's hardly prolific. He won't bang in the goals, more likely assists at this stage if any. (Prepared to eat my words). He's more a player whose easy on the eye.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Justify the Mitoma love in please
Looked superb last season before fatigue kicked in, good fixtures starting with Luton H.
Most nailed of the Brighton mids.

Question mark, will they continue to be the same force.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Justify the Mitoma love in please
He was fecking ace last season, and probably Brighton's main goal threat for much of the season. Brighton create loads and he's at the heart of much of it.

I'm now looking at this for opening day:

Ederson

Shaw
Gabriel
Estupinan

Mitoma ;)
Rashy
Martinelli
Saka

Haaland
Watkins
Ferguson

Subs: Mbuemo, Mings, Beyer, Areola

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Ive been looking at all this for that long my head is frazzled.

Boiling down to No Salah/Salah draft for me.
I prefer a Salah draft over a Kane draft personally as there is more value in midfield. Can easily lose Salah and go to any of the top in form midfielders. Still question marks over Spurs too.

No Salah draft
-----Onana-----
Stones--Gabriel---Estupinan
Saka-Rashford-Fernandes-Mitoma-Martinelli
-----Watkins--Haaland-----

Usual bench fodder + £1m in the bank
Could also do Mitoma > Foden.
Pros: This draft is very dependent on Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City having a good start. They do have the fixtures.
Cons: I like Watkins but I wonder if its a difficult start for Villa/low scoring - Newcastle (A), Everton (H), Burnley (A), Liverpool (H), Palace (H), Chelsea (A), Brighton (H).
Cons: No Liverpool attackers. They will score goals = points. Ive considered Jota too but rotation. Could do Fernandes/Martinelli > Jota.

Salah Draft
-----Johnstone (Palace Keeper)
Walker--Gabriel---Estupinan
Saka-Rashford-Salah-Mitoma-Martinelli
----Joao Pedro--Haaland----

Usual bench fodder + £0m in the bank.
Pros: Draft with Salah but also has Man Utd, Arsenal, Man City,Brighton, attacking coverage.
Cons: Cant manoeuvre away from Joao Pedro easy enough if he doesnt work out but its looking likely that he'll be on penalties, and the starting number 10, behind whoever is at number 9.
Cons: Triple Brighton and double Brighton attack. Though they start with Luton, Wolves, West Ham. Could be a lot of goals = points.

Boils down to:
Onana v Johnstone
Stones v Walker (Walker could be a Man Utd defender)
Fernandes v Salah
Watkins v Joao Pedro

Id captain Salah GW 2 v Bournemouth.

redcucumber

Ive been looking at all this for that long my head is frazzled.

Boiling down to No Salah/Salah draft for me.
I prefer a Salah draft over a Kane draft personally as there is more value in midfield. Can easily lose Salah and go to any of the top in form midfielders. Still question marks over Spurs too.

No Salah draft
-----Onana-----
Stones--Gabriel---Estupinan
Saka-Rashford-Fernandes-Mitoma-Martinelli
-----Watkins--Haaland-----

Usual bench fodder + £1m in the bank
Could also do Mitoma > Foden.
Pros: This draft is very dependent on Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City having a good start. They do have the fixtures.
Cons: I like Watkins but I wonder if its a difficult start for Villa/low scoring - Newcastle (A), Everton (H), Burnley (A), Liverpool (H), Palace (H), Chelsea (A), Brighton (H).
Cons: No Liverpool attackers. They will score goals = points. Ive considered Jota too but rotation. Could do Fernandes/Martinelli > Jota.
How have you put this together? I tried to do this team this morning and I'm left with 0.5. Wanted to upgrade 4.5m forward to Pedro but couldn't.

Dennis Axelsson

As it looks right now:

Onana - Neto
Saliba - Stones - Estupinan - Shaw - Botman
Saka - Mitoma - Eze - Rash - Almiron
Haaland - Watkins - Archer

With Salah:

Onana - Neto
Saliba - Mings - Estupinan - Shaw - Botman
Salah - Martinelli - Eze - Rash - Anderson
Haaland - Jackson - Mubama

With Kane:

Onana - Areola
Mac Allister - Martinelli - Enzo - Rash - Almiron
Haaland - Kane - Joao Pedro

Any thoughts?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Pedro is another one i would love to have in my team, but i can't gamble on him until it's proven he starts every game. Having watched him for a few seasons at Watford, it's clear he's a great player but he's hardly prolific. He won't bang in the goals, more likely assists at this stage if any. (Prepared to eat my words). He's more a player whose easy on the eye.
Yeah it's a gamble that one but one that you have to take at the start before their fixtures turn.

redcucumber

Yeah it's a gamble that one but one that you have to take at the start before their fixtures turn.
Over who, though? A midfield of Saka - Martinelli - Bruno - Rashford - Mitoma and a forward line of Haaland - Watkins, is surely stronger than any iteration that includes Pedro?

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
How have you put this together? I tried to do this team this morning and I'm left with 0.5. Wanted to upgrade 4.5m forward to Pedro but couldn't.
Yeah sorry I was wrong, there's £0.5m left in the bank, not £1m.
My head is frazzled. Too many drafts.

Could do:
Stones > £5m Walker
Then £1m for £4.5m > Pedro

Im veering towards the Salah draft at the minute. I think Liverpool will smash the goals in early.

redcucumber

Yeah sorry I was wrong, there's £0.5m left in the bank, not £1m.
My head is frazzled. Too many drafts.

Could do:
Stones > £5m Walker
Then £1m for £4.5m > Pedro

Im veering towards the Salah draft at the minute. I think Liverpool will smash the goals in early.
Shit. You've got me considering Salah now ye bastard

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Shit. You've got me considering Salah now ye bastard
I think im getting him.

Look at those stats at the end of last season:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mohamed-salah/leistungsdaten/spieler/148455/plus/0?saison=2022

Final 15 games, 11 goals and 7 assists.
The narrative online at the minute is that he'll not be amongst the goals and they'll be more spread around. Its Salah, he'll get goals and points.
First up against a still average enough looking Chelsea team, then Bournemouth at home.

It could be wildcards galore to get him in from Gameweek 2. Liverpool with a point to prove, 'only' in the Europa League this season.
if it doesnt work its an easy move from Salah down to a £6.5m/£8.5m then Pedro to whatever the £7m or £8m striker is.

But my Salah team here also has:
Saka,
Rashford,
Martinelli,
Mitoma
and
Haaland.

Theres points in that team.

Otherwise for me theres Jota. He will be rotated but will score. Salah is the only nailed on though in that team.
But Jota got 7 goals and 2 assists in 12 games end of last season when he was fully back from injury from the City game onwards.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/diogo-jota/leistungsdaten/spieler/340950/plus/0?saison=2022

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Is that a triple up of United midfielders :lol:. Goodluck to you. Id love Garnacho but i can just see him getting rotated all the god damn time.
Yeah Garnacho will come out after a couple of weeks when I should have enough transfers banked to rotate away from him. The fact Rashford and Garnacho are listed as MFs makes them unmissable to me.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I think im getting him.

Look at those stats at the end of last season:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mohamed-salah/leistungsdaten/spieler/148455/plus/0?saison=2022

Final 15 games, 11 goals and 7 assists.
The narrative online at the minute is that he'll not be amongst the goals and they'll be more spread around. Its Salah, he'll get goals and points.
First up against a still average enough looking Chelsea team, then Bournemouth at home.

It could be wildcards galore to get him in from Gameweek 2. Liverpool with a point to prove, 'only' in the Europa League this season.
if it doesnt work its an easy move from Salah down to a £6.5m/£8.5m then Pedro to whatever the £7m or £8m striker is.

But my Salah team here also has:
Saka,
Rashford,
Martinelli,
Mitoma
and
Haaland.

Theres points in that team.

Otherwise for me theres Jota. He will be rotated but will score. Salah is the only nailed on though in that team.
But Jota got 7 goals and 2 assists in 12 games end of last season when he was fully back from injury from the City game onwards.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/diogo-jota/leistungsdaten/spieler/340950/plus/0?saison=2022
Salah was a lock for me until last night when I changed 6 of my players around :lol:

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
As it looks right now:

Onana - Neto
Saliba - Stones - Estupinan - Shaw - Botman
Saka - Mitoma - Eze - Rash - Almiron
Haaland - Watkins - Archer

With Salah:

Onana - Neto
Salah - Martinelli - Eze - Rash - Anderson
Haaland - Jackson - Mubama

With Kane:

Onana - Areola
Mac Allister - Martinelli - Enzo - Rash - Almiron
Haaland - Kane - Joao Pedro

Any thoughts?
I think Pau Torres, who is a left footer, might have been brought in to replace Mings at left CB bruv. There was an article in the Guardian or possibly The Athletic about how they were sacrificing Mings's defending for Torres's ability on the ball and cross field passing.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I will pick one of these below 3 drafts:

Main Draft:

Onana
Gabriel, Chilwell, Estupinian
Saka, Rashy, Martinelli, Maddison, Bruno
Haaland, Pedro

Subs: Areola, Mubama, Kabore, Beyer

(£2m in the bank to upgrade Pedro to Jackson from GW3)

Kane Draft:

Onana
Gabriel, Chilwell, Estupinian, Stones
Saka, Rashy, Eze, Mitoma
Haaland, Kane

Subs: Areola, Anderseon, Kabore, Mubama

(£0.0m in the bank)

Salah Draft:

Onana
Gabriel, Estupinian, Saliba
Saka, Rashy, Salah, Eze, Maddison
Haaland, Pedro

Subs: Areola, Mubama, Kabore, Beyer

Most likely will go with the MAIN DRAFT but the KANE DRAFT is tempting. Don't think SALAH DRAFT is worth it.
Kane dratf looks awesome.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why Chilwell love (instead James)? James probably will shoot pens also. And Chilwell could share minutes with Cucu.
I understand fear of James staying fit but still, James seems a better solution.

Last edited:

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Basically no-one going with De Bruyne then despite City's insane fixture run after Newcastle?

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Looked superb last season before fatigue kicked in, good fixtures starting with Luton H.

He was fecking ace last season, and probably Brighton's main goal threat for much of the season. Brighton create loads and he's at the heart of much of it.

Ederson

Shaw
Gabriel
Estupinan

Mitoma ;)
Rashy
Martinelli
Saka

Haaland
Watkins
Ferguson

Sold! Thanks :)

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting

Ederson

Shaw
Gabriel
Estupinan

Mitoma ;)
Rashy
Martinelli
Saka

Haaland
Watkins
Ferguson

Wait.

Mitoma or Eze?

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Seems im gonna stick with my version of the Kane draft:

Flekken
Estu Gabriel Saliba Botman
Rashford Bruno Mitoma Saka
Kane Haaland

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I dont know why people are ignoring Salah. Liverpool is scoring for fun and Salah will have a part in it.

Salah has always scored in the first GW. I'm sticking to Salah and Haaland .

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Haaland and De Bruyne are expensive, but I went with both. I've gone all in on Newcastle and Brighton. 3 players from each team, all of them in my starting eleven :lol: Bruno can't be as unlucky as he was last year, so he also has a spot. Ah, might as well post the whole team:

Pope

Gabriel
Mee
Estupinan

Almiron
De Bruyne
Bruno
Mitoma

Isak
Haaland (C)
Ferguson

Bench:
Pickford, Mac Allister, Konsa, Guehi

Still 0.5 million in the bank to make some corrections in the early weeks. Plenty of players who didn't make the cut who cost the same as the player who did.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Haaland and De Bruyne are expensive, but I went with both. I've gone all in on Newcastle and Brighton. 3 players from each team, all of them in my starting eleven :lol: Bruno can't be as unlucky as he was last year, so he also has a spot. Ah, might as well post the whole team:

Pope

Gabriel
Mee
Estupinan

Almiron
De Bruyne
Bruno
Mitoma

Isak
Haaland (C)
Ferguson

Bench:
Pickford, Mac Allister, Konsa, Guehi

Still 0.5 million in the bank to make some corrections in the early weeks. Plenty of players who didn't make the cut who cost the same as the player who did.
Why would you go for De Bruyne instead of Saka? And Almiron is a terrible choice, poor fixtures to start the season and he is unlikely to even be a starter for them. Newcastle play Villa, City, Liverpool, Brighton to start the year. Their assets will be good to have after that run but not during it.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Is Martinelli nailed nailed this season? Or he will share minutes with Trossard? How was he in pre season?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Go with Jackson from day one. Tbh, it is really not worth it to gamble with Pedro while Jackson now is only striker in Celski.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I dont know why people are ignoring Salah. Liverpool is scoring for fun and Salah will have a part in it.

Salah has always scored in the first GW. I'm sticking to Salah and Haaland .
I'm on the verge of putting him in my team as well. Otherwise I just end up having the same team as all my mates and it'll be extremely boring for the first few weeks.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Why would you go for De Bruyne instead of Saka? And Almiron is a terrible choice, poor fixtures to start the season and he is unlikely to even be a starter for them.
I like to make a risky bet or two before each season. My gut-feeling is that Arsenal wont be anywhere near as good as last season.

I might switch out Almiron though. I thought he was sure to start.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
My Kane/Salah draft is done, so if I go for it, it will be the way it is now. Relying on Joao Pedro though is problematic after first 3 games.

I turned back to my standard draft and Bruno/6,5 just isn’t exciting me. I am wondering if Jota/Diaz are worth the punt. They are their two best all round attackers bar Salah, at least one is guaranteed to start and the other will, at the very least, come on against tired leg.

Bournemouth game and not having Salah could be resolved and if Liverpool get the goals, they will certainly be among them.