Fantasy Premier League 23/24

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Ferguson himself has said that he expects the Brighton forwards to be rotated regularly, which is why I didn't snap up what initially seemed to be a bargain.

Otherwise, you've got far too much quality on the bench. Get a few cheapie no-names in and use the savings on better players in your starting team.

Check out the Newcastle fixture as well. They've got their hardest run of the season in the first four weeks so it might be an idea to wait a month before picking up Newcastle assets.

Oooh get me, saying "assets" now. It's only my second season but don't I sound like a veteran.
Thanks makes sense.

SMNRe"d"volution

Penny pinching but it’s a good team. I’d probably go Martinelli over Watkins as fancy him to do better at that price point with those early fixtures. But makes your bench weaker as 4.5 mids are always stronger than the dross at striker.
Thought about it but ultimately did not go for it as I already have Saka and wanted to start with 3 strikers. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Kryptonite

I would have the shit out of Maddison and am gutted I can't fit him in. Been sharp as feck in preseason apparently, and will be around better players heading into his peak. I think he's a cracking player and has a very attack minded manager to get the best out of him.

Spurs fans are apprehensive about how Son's going to fare under Ange's system as he's had to play wider than usual and it apparently hasn't suited him so far. This Kane transfer might change things, I'm not sure.
This is my current team with Madders in:

Johnstone
Gabby, Estu, Chilly
Salah, Rashy, Saka, Maddison, Eze
Haaland, Pedro

Shit subs.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What am I supposed to do? Transfer out Kane and use the funds to have a balanced, non top-heavy team? Pull the other one.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Fair enough. I'm all for teams with poor spending power playing their football like that. I didn't realise Luton were skint even compared to Championship clubs.
Yeah I mean we literally can't buy anyone with a name... our fans are so excited that we just got in Ross Barkley, who most teams would laugh at at this stage :lol:
Assume you’ve been asked this before but what’s your view on Bell vs the other 4.0 defenders?
Bell will 100% play most games. He doesn't get injured, super fit and pretty quick to cover for the attacking Doughty/Giles but don't expect many (if any) attacking returns. Considering we will concede a lot, that means he will be a "guaranteed 2 pointer" type of player. Kabore might be the better pick as he is also 4.0 but an attacking WB. He should get decent minutes too. But he is young so might get the occasional rest. I would (and have) gone for Kabore.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
If Kane goes Richarlison will become a popular option.
Brace yourselves.......the Richarlison drafts are coming!

Richarlison (Areola)
Richarlison Richarlison Richarlison (Richarlison) (Richarlison)
Richarlison Richarlison Richarlison Richarlison Richarlison (vc)
Richarlison Haaland (c) (Richarlison)

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Richard Arlison's best efforts in the past are 153 and 165. And he's a 7.0 midfielder who might lead the line.

Food for thought. And having surveyed the options and compared him to the players I already have, my thought is that I'll still leave him well alone.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Richard Arlison's best efforts in the past are 153 and 165. And he's a 7.0 midfielder who might lead the line.

Food for thought. And having surveyed the options and compared him to the players I already have, my thought is that I'll still leave him well alone.
Yeah I think I'm going to do the opposite just no idea who I swap out. Those midfield positions are stacked this year.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Richarlison will be a fantastic option if he's main forward in Postecoglu's team but that is still a big if. Tottenham are bound to buy a striker if Kane leaves and that may relegate Richarlison back to backup / support striker role.

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

Current team, not loving triple Brighton, might lose Mitoma for a 7.0m

Could easily swap in Watkins or Wilson.

Keep making Kane/Salah teams but not crazy about them, I think you can do without Kane but if Salah is scoring well he's tough to get to, seems safer to start with him... Though I do fancy he might start falling off in general.
If you don't want triple Brighton I'd get rid of Mitoma and Eze, get a 4.5 mid leaving you 8.5 to get Martinelli/Odegaard/Maddison etc.

RedDevil@84

Is Rashford, Bruno, Saka, Martinelli too much of a gamble on United and Arsenal?

Edit: No Salah

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Current team, thoughts?

Onana
Shaw Estupiñan Gabriel Stones
Ødegaard Eze Salah Fernandes
Haaland João Pedro

Bench: Verbruggen Coufal Enzo Mubama
I'm not keen on 4 at the back, especially with the additional time that'll be added to games this season. Think it's worth investing in goal threats personally.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
feck you all, I'm signing Matty Cash. Got injured, came back, apparently started looking better eventually. A 4.5m defender with a 147 under his belt the other year playing in one of the stingiest defences going around.

You know you wish you'd thought of this.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Ok!

So, currently I have the usual suspects in: Haaland, Rashford, Saka, Martinelli, Mitoma, Estupiñan and Gabriel. That's 7/11.

Add a bit of meh with: Eze and Pickford. 9/11.

One piece of shite: Kabore. 10/11

And... Kane. 11/11

I think you only want one starter and then a 4.0 on your bench.

I think Onana is the pick of the 5.0, but Flekken has good fixtures and Johnstone is nailed as Palace number 1 if you fancy a 4.5

I think one of those is enough and you just play him every game. It’s always a dangerous game trying to decide who will get points if you rotate. You just never know when a GK will get sabe points and come out on top.
Thanks, I’ve gone for Pickford as my starter and Steele as a bench option

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Ok!

So, currently I have the usual suspects in: Haaland, Rashford, Saka, Martinelli, Mitoma, Estupiñan and Gabriel. That's 7/11.

Add a bit of meh with: Eze and Pickford. 9/11.

One piece of shite: Kabore. 10/11

And... Kane. 11/11
Have you just woken up?

Kane going has focused minds at least. It boils down to Salah or no Salah now.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Only just looking at my team for next season because I know I'd be changing it every other day otherwise. Having gone through the last few pages, how is this looking (consuming that Raya goes to Arsena land becomes their #1 GK):

Raya (Areola)
Shaw Gabriel Estupinan (Botman, Kaboré)
Salah Saka Rashford (Andreas, Chukwuemeka)
João Pedro Haaland Gakpo
I think I like this one, however: 0.0 ITB so once I wanna go from Pedro to a ~8m attacker, I'd basically have to take Salah out, I suppose? Not sure how I can fit Salah and Haaland without having to sacrifice too much in midfield.

TAA/Salah/Haaland looks almost impossible. Any suggestions are appreciated (or low-cost bargains which should be included).

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Anyone having non Haaland City assets?

Stones? Foden? Or simply not worth it?
Gone with Ederson as although he is talked down on here for saves and bonus points I wanted a guaranteed City starter.

Also have Ake, but he is mostly going to be on my bench anyway.

Edit - Obviously have Haaland.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I think I'm locked in now with this...

Feels like just the right balance between template big hitters and a few measured differentials. Last decision was going for the potentially more explosive combo of Trossard and Rashford over Havertz and Bruno. Possibly 5 pen takers in there as well which is a bonus. I will captain Salah in GW2.

worldinmotion66

Are we thinking Joao Pedro is nailed on to start? Is he more likely to start this week than Garnacho?

Also, Trossard or Richarlison or play it safe with Mitoma?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Only just looking at my team for next season because I know I'd be changing it every other day otherwise. Having gone through the last few pages, how is this looking (consuming that Raya goes to Arsena land becomes their #1 GK):

Raya (Areola)
Shaw Gabriel Estupinan (Botman, Kaboré)
Salah Saka Rashford (Andreas, Chukwuemeka)
João Pedro Haaland Gakpo
I think I like this one, however: 0.0 ITB so once I wanna go from Pedro to a ~8m attacker, I'd basically have to take Salah out, I suppose? Not sure how I can fit Salah and Haaland without having to sacrifice too much in midfield.

TAA/Salah/Haaland looks almost impossible. Any suggestions are appreciated (or low-cost bargains which should be included).
Took out Shaw for Mitoma, Brighton looks to have a very nice set of fixtures in the beginning of the season.

Could make my whole team so much better just by taking out Salah though, but he cost me so much last season in the last stretch. FOMO is real.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Kepa looks like he is leaving? Are Chelsea linked with any other keepers? Robert Sanchez at 4.5 is feckin tempting.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Pickford
Gabriel - Chilwell - Estupinan
Saka - Rashford - Martinelli - Bruno - Mitoma
Haaland - Watkins

Subs: Turner, Henry, Baldock and Mubamba

Thinking between Martinelli and Jackson cause the latter is more nailed on. If I go to Jackson I can bring in Stones or Dias. Thoughts people?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Am I crazy for being tempted my Jota and Diaz still? I really think they are the two best options from the 4 Liverpool attackers. If games go to 100 minutes, I fancy them to do real damage.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Can you please vote on these?

Pickford or Johnstone
Shaw or Chilwell
Martinelli or Odegaard
Pickford
Chilwell
Martinelli
Pickford
Gabriel - Chilwell - Estupinan
Saka - Rashford - Martinelli - Bruno - Mitoma
Haaland - Watkins

Subs: Turner, Henry, Baldock and Mubamba

Thinking between Martinelli and Jackson cause the latter is more nailed on. If I go to Jackson I can bring in Stones or Dias. Thoughts people?
I would keep Martin for the first two whilst Chelsea have difficult fixtures and are a mystery... Then switch it.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Pickford
Chilwell
Martinelli

I would keep Martin for the first two whilst Chelsea have difficult fixtures and are a mystery... Then switch it.
Yeah fair point. Just so uneasy not starting City defense. I’m also getting seriously cold feet with Mitoma.