Fantasy Premier League 23/24

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Onana
Stones, Estu, Gabriel
Martinelli, Saka, bruno, Rashy, Mitoma
Jackson and Haaland
Turner, James, Mubama, Baldock.

I expect Stones benched today. Pep must justify his reputation.
Dias looks like he hasn’t traveled. So Stones will start.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Took Salah out and it opened up so many options. Might regret it, but I'm happy enough. Also leaving a bit on the bench in the shape of João Pedro, which could be a waste but I'll see what happens. 0.5m in the bank too.

Onana
Estupinan Gabriel Botman
Rashford Saka B. Fernandes Martinelli Mitoma
Haaland Watkins
Subs: Turner, João Pedro, Baldock, Beyer

Was tempted with Richarlison for Mitoma, one of the Chelsea full backs for Estupinan or Pau Torres + Maddison for Mitoma and Estupinan.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If you already have Mitoma, I would spread the teams and get Jackson instead of solely relying on Brighton.
I'll have Jackson and Pedro, it's just about which one to start.
But potentially a Chelsea striker has to be backed, even playing Liverpool? Until we see what Pedro is made of properly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wait a couple of weeks to see if he first starts. It’s Spurs defense. They are shit so you better hope he gets an attacking return.
I actually thought he was a striker. Now I see he's a left back I'll definitely stay clear. They play us week 2.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In fact I might just stick to the plan of holding Wissa, but using my 1.5m to slot Pedro to Jackson.

Then can monitor Wissa and slot him in the right week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Took Salah out and it opened up so many options. Might regret it, but I'm happy enough. Also leaving a bit on the bench in the shape of João Pedro, which could be a waste but I'll see what happens. 0.5m in the bank too.

Onana
Estupinan Gabriel Botman
Rashford Saka B. Fernandes Martinelli Mitoma
Haaland Watkins
Subs: Turner, João Pedro, Baldock, Beyer

Was tempted with Richarlison for Mitoma, one of the Chelsea full backs for Estupinan or Pau Torres + Maddison for Mitoma and Estupinan.
Richarlison is definitely a monitor job. If he does end up as their main striker as a 7m mid, could be superb. Albeit he's had a rubbish season there so far, but barely ever playing through the middle.

saik

Someone tell me about this Udogie fella. Team, price, prospects.
Apparently very highly rated. Never seen him play in real life but he develops into the best LB/LWB in FM23. Make of that what you will.

I expect him to be mostly backup to Reguilon/Perisic. Any Spurs fans can confirm?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Any reliable 4.5-5m forwards as my third striker option? Currently have Maupay but this is with that Brighton fella, Pedro. So can’t risk both of them not starting/being rotated. This was all done to get Salah in, of course,

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
OK unless anyone persuades me otherwise, we start with this.

Onana (Taylor)
Stones Estu Gabriel (Baldock, Luton full back)
Bruno Rashy Saka Martineli Mitoma
Haaland (c) Jackson (Wissa)

Awla

Onana
Estupinan Gabriel Stones
Salah Saka B. Fernandes Enciso
Haaland Watkins João Pedro
Subs: Areola, Nakamba, Baldock, Beyer

0.5 in the bank. Not sure about Onana and Enciso

Dazzmondo

I don't buy into the Joao Pedro pick at all tbh. Talented player but didn't used to have end product unless he's developed that for this season. Also not even convinced he's not a rotation risk

miked99

Any thoughts on this?

GK - Ortega (Arrizabalaga)
DEF - Trippier, Stones, Gabriel, Wan-Bissaka (Baldock)
MID - Rashford, Saka, Odegaard (or poss Foden), Mitoma, Garnacho
STR - Aphex Twin (Watkins, Pedro)

0.5M ITB.

I don't want Salah or TAA, too expensive (might eat my words on that in a few weeks but for now....:lol:)
Defence has Chelsea, City, United, Arsenal, Newcastle players, all of which should start. AWB maybe a slight gamble, but for 4.5M for a United defender is great value and I've got a strong bench if he doesn't start anyway. I'll start Ortega and if he doesn't play then my proper GK comes on.
Garnacho would normally be my bench option but he's surely going to start the first few games as there isn't anyone else.
I did have Foden in there but I'm getting cold feet as you never know if he's gonna play or not. I'd like a bit more midfield diversity but Saka and Odegaard are both likely to score big (see also Martinelli but you can't have them all).
Main concern here is I don't want to bench anyone :lol:

Kryptonite

I was going to go with flexibility, but as someone else pointed out - possibly RCDC193245452 - you can always sell Salah and change your midfield, but it's a lot harder to bring him in once the season starts if he starts hauling.
YouSonOfaBitchImIn.gif

Ok you've convinced me.

Johnstone
Gabriel, Estu, Chilwell
Salah, Rashy, Saka, Richarlison, Eze
Haaland, Pedro

0.5 ITB.

This is all your fault / You are a genius

Delete as appropriate at the end of the season.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
YouSonOfaBitchImIn.gif

Ok you've convinced me.

Johnstone
Gabriel, Estu, Chilwell
Salah, Rashy, Saka, Richarlison, Eze
Haaland, Pedro

0.5 ITB.

This is all your fault / You are a genius

Delete as appropriate at the end of the season.
Yeah it's less fun when you have Salah and have to scrimp to get the others in. Much preferred my other drafts but it's probably sensible to go with a second premium as everyone in your league will already have Haaland. He's the baseline, not a premium.

mu4c_20le

Last hour. If you haven't been tweaking then you've probably overlooked something.

ShinjiNinja26

Mitoma or Eze?

I’ve already got Estupiñan and Pedro in my team so I’m a bit weary of going all in on 3 Brighton players but at the same time Mitoma has the better opening fixture on paper.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah it's less fun when you have Salah and have to scrimp to get the others in. Much preferred my other drafts but it's probably sensible to go with a second premium as everyone in your league will already have Haaland. He's the baseline, not a premium.
What puts a lot of us off the 2nd sky high priced player is the captaincy decision.
If Haaland is even close to last year he's the captaincy choice 95% of the season.
Without that in Salah's Pro list he drops a fair bit. And you end up having to massively skimp elsewhere.

However let's see how it looks by week 5! That's what the wildcard is for. Inevitably a few players will emerge that we didn't consider who become essential.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Mitoma or Eze?

I’ve already got Estupiñan and Pedro in my team so I’m a bit weary of going all in on 3 Brighton players but at the same time Mitoma has the better opening fixture on paper.
Im going Mitoma solely for the fixtures, but also im not sure I would triple up on Brighton this early. They've lost a couple of players.

Withnail

Gone quite tempate I think - Let me know if I've fecked up somewhere please.

Nothing in the bank.

Onana (Areola)
Estup Stones Gabriel (Bayer Kabore)
Rash Bruno Mitoma Foden Odegaard
Halaand Wilson (Nketia)

Concern as always is Pep roulette on Foden.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mitoma or Eze?

It surprised me to see Eze scored 10 last season. But think he has a tough game 2 and it's to be seen how Palace fare without Zaha as their main out.
Mitoma v Luton is the percentage play for me. 3 good fixtures

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Im going Mitoma solely for the fixtures, but also im not sure I would triple up on Brighton this early. They've lost a couple of players.
Yep, that put me off Pedro as well as it being unclear what position and how effective he and the team in general will be.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Nothing in the bank.

Onana (Areola)
Halaand Wilson (Nketia)

A 30% ownership non playing 4m keeper slightly worries me. Just screams for him to become 4.4m at some point soonish.
I had the same until realising Turner will be a starter for the time being and with Leno at Fulham there'd no reason Areola starts.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Nothing in the bank.

Onana (Areola)
Halaand Wilson (Nketia)

Gone template but no Saka?

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
What puts a lot of us off the 2nd sky high priced player is the captaincy decision.
If Haaland is even close to last year he's the captaincy choice 95% of the season.
Without that in Salah's Pro list he drops a fair bit. And you end up having to massively skimp elsewhere.

However let's see how it looks by week 5! That's what the wildcard is for. Inevitably a few players will emerge that we didn't consider who become essential.
Oooh hadn't even thought of that. Maybe I'll tear the team up again.

No. Never again. I'm not even going to look at it for a week.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I want to lock in but I keep thinking that Salah could be the key early on. Some risks in captaincy could be absolutely massive early on and Haaland wasn’t nearly as impressive in away games last year.

With Kane gone, having the clear best two players in the game could be such a massive advantage early on.

You are always a quick transfer away from flexibility so it shouldn’t be as off-putting as some are suggesting.

I think i want him. If the likes of Balogun and Chuk become real options, you are ahead of the pack.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Oooh hadn't even thought of that. Maybe I'll tear the team up again.

No. Never again. I'm not even going to look at it for a week.
Don't get me wrong, we all know Salah can still haul. But is it at the expense of other players doing so.
Arsenal have a great start, so 3 of theirs seems essential and United have some plum games too and Bruno and Rashy seem good options..so if you have 4 mids from them and pick one of the glut of 6.5m options there could be good cover for Salah.

Although week 2 v Bournie is bound to be dangerous. Bournemouth not only bend over but also keep buying shte off them for huge fees.

Withnail

A 30% ownership non playing 4m keeper slightly worries me. Just screams for him to become 4.4m at some point soonish.
I had the same until realising Turner will be a starter for the time being and with Leno at Fulham there'd no reason Areola starts.
Oh good point thanks.

Gone template but no Saka?
It was a toss up between him and Odegaard. We'll see what the better choice was.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I want to lock in but I keep thinking that Salah could be the key early on. Some risks in captaincy could be absolutely massive early on and Haaland wasn’t nearly as impressive in away games last year.

With Kane gone, having the clear best two players in the game could be such a massive advantage early on.

You are always a quick transfer away from flexibility so it shouldn’t be as off-putting as some are suggesting.

I think i want him. If the likes of Balogun and Chuk become real options, you are ahead of the pack.
Additionally, no Liverpool feels risky. But then you can't cover everyone.
Most of us have gone big on United and Arsenal and have a couple from City.
That's probably good safety early on.

Have Liverpool lucked out having Chelsea away early, before they get going? We'll soon see.

ShinjiNinja26

It surprised me to see Eze scored 10 last season. But think he has a tough game 2 and it's to be seen how Palace fare without Zaha as their main out.
Mitoma v Luton is the percentage play for me. 3 good fixtures
Cheers. Aye I was leaning more towards Mitoma but as you say tripling up on Brighton is a risk this early. The problem I have is if I switch out Pedro I don’t have many alternatives without changing more of my team, the only other like for like options that stand out are Antonio or Wissa but both of those seem like real gambles as well.

JP77

I don't buy into the Joao Pedro pick at all tbh. Talented player but didn't used to have end product unless he's developed that for this season. Also not even convinced he's not a rotation risk
They have a brilliant run of fixtures. Luton in the first game. Even if he flops and eventually is rotated it’s tough not to pick him for this opening game alone.

mu4c_20le

Salah doesn't even need the captaincy to justify his cost, he's simply the best FPL player and will guarantee you returns. Only one who comes close is probably Rashford. Looking at the templates this year, it's Bruno who surprises me. He's going to play even deeper this year to account for Mount, and the fpl world's reasonining seems to be that he always plays and never gets subbed, but it doesn't mean much if he's all over the place. Yes he takes pens, but so does Odegaard. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets outscored by even the likes of Eze and Maddison. But then again, I would love to be proven wrong as a United fan..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cheers. Aye I was leaning more towards Mitoma but as you say tripling up on Brighton is a risk this early. The problem I have is if I switch out Pedro I don’t have many alternatives without changing more of my team, the only other like for like options that stand out are Antonio or Wissa but both of those seem like real gambles as well.
Wissa at 6 could be big. He scored decently last year bearing in mind he had a massive second fiddle role to Toney.
Fixtures look sharp soon too.

I'm keeping him as 12th man right now, with Jackson starting over him.