Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Dazzmondo

They have a brilliant run of fixtures. Luton in the first game. Even if he flops and eventually is rotated it’s tough not to pick him for this opening game alone.
I think the thing that really put me off is he's a completely different price structure to any of the viable alternatives

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Rumor is Foden, KDB and Rico Lewis are starting tonight. Crap. Tinkering time.

Edit: No Stones, Dias or Gvardiol either.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wait...Areola is at West Ham competing with Fabianski no? This is why I'm favouring him over Turner. Think he could be first choice soon
Ah I might have screwed up there. Ignore me on this one :)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Salah doesn't even need the captaincy to justify his cost, he's simply the best FPL player and will guarantee you returns. Only one who comes close is probably Rashford. Looking at the templates this year, it's Bruno who surprises me. He's going to play even deeper this year to account for Mount, and the fpl world's reasonining seems to be that he always plays and never gets subbed, but it doesn't mean much if he's all over the place. Yes he takes pens, but so does Odegaard. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets outscored by even the likes of Eze and Maddison. But then again, I would love to be proven wrong as a United fan..
Don't go worrying us with this as Bruno owners late doors!

Dazzmondo

Haha no Stones, I knew it. Been burned by City so many times at the start of the season. That's why I had no non-Haaland City players. Won't be any consistency til 2nd half of season like usual.

RDCR07

What was the original plan? Or has Foden tickled you and you want him?
Ive had Foden in all my drafts till the Community Shield. Might take out Fernandes and start Foden. Cause if he starts now he won’t start the Euro cup game which means he might start against Newscastle as well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hypothetically....

Bruno, Jackson, Wissa or
Salah, Pedro, 4.5m chump

I prefer the first for balance at the moment.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Haha no Stones, I knew it. Been burned by City so many times at the start of the season. That's why I had no non-Haaland City players. Won't be any consistency til 2nd half of season like usual.
Right...thanks...quick change!!
Chilwell instead? Or new signing for City?

Jordi

Messed with this for the last hour and pretty settled on this:

Onana (Areola)

Guehi, Gabriel, Estu (Beyer, Kabore)

Salah, Saka, Garnacho, Havertz, Rashford

Haaland , N.Jackson (Mabama)

Still 0.5 in the bank for wiggle room in the next few weeks. Gone with Havertz as it seems he’ll be up top for the first few games and Garnacho is defo the wildcard but looks in flying form.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

RDCR07

Pickford
Estu - Gabriel - Akanji
Saka - Rashford - Bruno - Foden - Martinelli
Haaland - Watkins

Changed Chilwell to Akanji to upgrade Mitoma to Foden.

ShinjiNinja26

Wissa at 6 could be big. He scored decently last year bearing in mind he had a massive second fiddle role to Toney.
Fixtures look sharp soon too.

I'm keeping him as 12th man right now, with Jackson starting over him.
True. Defo a good option to have in the back pocket. I’m currently playing with three strikers, this is my current team…

Onana (Areola)
Shaw Estupiñan Gabriel (Mings, Baldock)
Salah Mitoma Martinelli Saka (Baptiste)
Haaland(C) Pedro Jackson

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Even with Foden starting I can't really justify moving Mitoma out for him. Brighton's first 3 fixtures are extremely good

ShinjiNinja26

Hypothetically....

Bruno, Jackson, Wissa or
Salah, Pedro, 4.5m chump

I prefer the first for balance at the moment.
No Salah obviously allows for better options spread throughout the team, I also had Bruno in at first but the idea of leaving out Salah just bothered me too much. Especially as Liverpool look like they’ll be going all out attack this season and will be looking to outscore everyone to win games. Plus, it’s a lot harder to fit Salah in down the line than it is to switch him out if he’s not performing.

RDCR07

Even with Foden starting I can't really justify moving Mitoma out for him. Brighton's first 3 fixtures are extremely good
Yeah are you sure Mitoma is going to start all 3? I think if Foden starts this game he starts game 2 as well cause their Europe game is on the 16th.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Don't get me wrong, we all know Salah can still haul. But is it at the expense of other players doing so.
Arsenal have a great start, so 3 of theirs seems essential and United have some plum games too and Bruno and Rashy seem good options..so if you have 4 mids from them and pick one of the glut of 6.5m options there could be good cover for Salah.

Although week 2 v Bournie is bound to be dangerous. Bournemouth not only bend over but also keep buying shte off them for huge fees.
Yeah I had 3 Arsenal and 2 United cos of the fixtures. Had to pick Flekken and Matty Cash to fit them in, but they'll do. Based on what I saw on the Brentford forum, Flekken has already made himself fast favourite of their fans in preseason.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah are you sure Mitoma is going to start all 3? I think if Foden starts this game he starts game 2 as well cause their Europe game is on the 16th.
Why are you doing this to me :lol:
I'd have expected Mitoma to be Brighton's best left sided option. On the right they may have other alternatives and Pedro will be a 10

RDCR07

Why are you doing this to me :lol:
I'd have expected Mitoma to be Brighton's best left sided option. On the right they may have other alternatives and Pedro will be a 10
Just wanted to bring you down to my hell:lol: