If I was wildcarding this week it would probably look something like this

Areola Johnstone
Chilwell Gusto Akanji Saliba Udogie
Saka Diaz Foden Mbuemo Mitoma
Watkins Jackson Haaland

£1.2m in the bank. Weekly benching fun.
You’d also want to wish you’d waited 2 gws to get in 3 newcastle players:(

adkb

I'd stick with Maddison and hope he plays, and focus on Darwin, get him out for Alvarez.
Or, if you fancy a punt on someone who hasn't scored yet but has great fixtures and is guaranteed to play, Jackson.
Try and save your WC for the international break if you can get away with fielding a pretty decent team for a -4 hit this week.
Thank you.

Dazzmondo

Given Brentford have very nice fixtures for the medium term, why is everyone not piling in on their players?
Personally think 2 of their next 3 in Palace and Newcastle are very difficult fixtures but plenty of people are piling in on their players anyway

Anustart89

Rashford or Joao Pedro? Pedro likely to start due to being rotated last time around? Rashford likely to haul with a home game coming up?

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
I've sold Gabriel and bought Gvardiol. Gabriel is on my list of people I hate.

Bristol_Red_87

Pickford
Saliba, Chilwell, Estu
Bruno, Maddison, Salah, Saka, Diaby
Pedro, Haaland

0.0 in the bank.

2 FT's but really don't want to use any of them unless we get word Madders is out...can anyone convince me otherwise?!

Nickosaur

Bus team is:
Onana
Saliba / Gvardiol / Estupinan
Rashford / Diaz / Saka / Mbuemo / Mitoma
Haaland (C) / Watkins

Subs: Areola / Gusto / Pedro / Udogie

It's a fecking good bench tbh. Gusto could come back to bite me and with Enciso out, Pedro likely to start too.

RedDevil@84

Eze or Richarlison to bench to play Henry in defense? Madness?

Last edited:

troylocker

Do I go Maddison (who probably will not play) to Foden for a -4 when I lack good bench options (Botman, Anderson, Baldock)?
I lean towards yes right now

saik

Eze or Richarlison to bench to play Henry in defense? Madness?
Richarlison is fecking terrible and not even the talisman at Spurs. At least Eze has his use of being the talisman for Crystal Palace and on penalties now that Zaha has left.

So yea, I don't think benching Richarlison is that mad. I'd go a step further and look to get rid of him.

RedDevil@84

Richarlison is fecking terrible and not even the talisman at Spurs. At least Eze has his use of being the talisman for Crystal Palace and on penalties now that Zaha has left.

So yea, I don't think benching Richarlison is that mad. I'd go a step further and look to get rid of him.
I was trying to get rid, but I had other fires to put out and didn't want to take a hit.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mount has managed to get a decent length injury, so presumably that brings McTom in, which "should" restore Bruno to the more attacking of the mids.
Best do, otherwise he's gone!

Dazzmondo

Mount has managed to get a decent length injury, so presumably that brings McTom in, which "should" restore Bruno to the more attacking of the mids.
Best do, otherwise he's gone!
Eriksen will be coming into the team against Forest, not McTominay

DickDastardly

Is there anything more to this other than rumours? If it's true then that's a green light for a wildcard for me.

Oh Maddison didn't train today btw.
Don't know.

Makes sense for all parties though.

I'm inclined to getting rid, he got subbed vs Chelsea, missed a pen, and this has to be in his head, that amount of money....

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely Eriksen is the more likely replacement for Mount?
Eriksen will be coming into the team against Forest, not McTominay
Good points chaps. I was reading articles saying this injury had spared McTom the shipping.
However, it depends if Ten Hag stubbornly tries what he's been trying or not.

There's not a chance we line up away at Arsenal with Eriksen and Bruno ahead of Casemiro surely.

Dazzmondo

Good points chaps. I was reading articles saying this injury had spared McTom the shipping.
However, it depends if Ten Hag stubbornly tries what he's been trying or not.

There's not a chance we line up away at Arsenal with Eriksen and Bruno ahead of Casemiro surely.
It probably has still helped spare him because we now need him for squad depth. Our midfield is down to Case, Bruno, Eriksen, McTominay, Hannibal (who we're also trying to sell)

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
That's it. He gone....

Sterling and Son incoming.
Ive named my team after him but really want to sell him as well. For Maddison and someone else maybe.

But on the other hand, I am not a quitter! (For at least another week)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Which 1 to bench out of
Martinelli, Saka, Rashy, Bruno, Mitoma
Haaland, Wissa, Jackson

Wissa and Mitoma are the 2 form players, but it feels like it should be one of those?
Too risky on paper to bench United or Arsenal with their home games, or Jackson home v Luton?

2 freebies, Baldock to Gusto? But then Gusto can't get in over Chilwell, Saliba or Estu, but with Baldock both being pony, and injured, he's best to ship with James out for the next 3 gameweeks.

RedDevil@84

Which 1 to bench out of
Haaland, Wissa, Jackson

Wissa and Mitoma are the 2 form players, but it feels like it should be one of those?
Too risky on paper to bench United or Arsenal with their home games, or Jackson home v Luton?

2 freebies, Baldock to Gusto? But then Gusto can't get in over Chilwell, Saliba or Etsu
Bench Bruno. If he hauls, at least you have some solace that it has helped us.
If you play him and he sucks, while Wissa scores, then you have double the pain.

AlexUTD

Which 1 to bench out of
Haaland, Wissa, Jackson

2 freebies, Baldock to Gusto? But then Gusto can't get in over Chilwell, Saliba or Estu, but with Baldock both being pony, and injured, he's best to ship with James out for the next 3 gameweeks.
Bench Wissa. Crystal Palace one of the best defences since Hodgson came back.