Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Jagga7

Thank feck Mbeumo didn't score another penalty. I accidently captained Rashford, really hoping for Haaland to somehow blank vs Sheff Utd.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Rage wildcard activated. Seen enough.

Turner, Onana, Baldock, Cash, Salah, Rashford, Diaby, Chukwumenka, Pedro out.

Areola, Ederson, Chilwell, Beyer, Maddison, Bowen, Sterling, Mbuemo, Isak in.

Might bin Estupidman as well for Botman.

Saliba, Udogie, Saka, Haaland, Jackson get to stay. Money in the bank to bring in Diaz for Bowen after Luton.

Moby

Dick

Saliba, Udogie, Saka, Haaland, Jackson get to stay. Money in the bank to bring in Diaz for Bowen after Luton.
Just a first thought but Saliba is an underwhelming asset with no upside. I'd go for Trippier.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20

This is similar to my team now after I rage wildcarded last week :lol: I was hoping (FPL wise) that neither Rashford or Bruno would kick off but it wasn’t to be.

I think Bowen might be my transfer in this week too. Luton look absolutely shocking down his side, although I wouldn’t want him for any longer than a week, so would need to be a 10+ pointer to make it worthwhile. Luton could well be better at home too.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
This is similar to my team now after I rage wildcarded last week :lol: I was hoping (FPL wise) that neither Rashford or Bruno would kick off but it wasn’t to be.

I think Bowen might be my transfer in this week too. Luton look absolutely shocking down his side, although I wouldn’t want him for any longer than a week, so would need to be a 10+ pointer to make it worthwhile. Luton could well be better at home too.
Yeah plan is to turn him into Diaz the week after. Luton certainly look like a team to target at the moment.

Maluco

Yeah plan is to turn him into Diaz the week after. Luton certainly look like a team to target at the moment.
They really do. I would have to transfer in and out, so I will have to consider it.

I say I raged, but there was also a bit of thought behind it. I was thinking that Hojlund could become the goal man at United, for example. Then, I would want to swap one of the United players for him anyway. Having a few more expensive attackers and money in the bank means it should be straightforward to jump on whoever looks the form player, be that in midfield or attack.

It will be a long, long time now with no wildcard though. It’s a risk, but I think it may be a good one.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
They really do. I would have to transfer in and out, so I will have to consider it.

I say I raged, but there was also a bit of thought behind it. I was thinking that Hojlund could become the goal man at United, for example. Then, I would want to swap one of the United players for him anyway. Having a few more expensive attackers and money in the bank means it should be straightforward to jump on whoever looks the form player, be that in midfield or attack.

It will be a long, long time now with no wildcard though. It’s a risk, but I think it may be a good one.
Yeah it's also why I've wildcarded to spread the Salah funds. Haaland is perma captain for the foreseeable and I can now hop on any mid price player in one move. Hojlund is on the watch list if/when he's fit and our form improves. Expect Arsenal to walk through us next week so people keeping hold of Bruno and Rashford because they returned today might be in for a shock next week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just a first thought but Saliba is an underwhelming asset with no upside. I'd go for Trippier.
How's that? He's a good price, playing for a top team and attracts bonus points.
Not today, but 8 points just 1 game ago.

Unless you only go for attacking full backs, he's a decent choice.

Moby

Dick
How's that? He's a good price, playing for a top team and attracts bonus points.
Not today, but 8 points just 1 game ago.

Unless you only go for attacking full backs, he's a decent choice.
Their fixtures are terrible defensively. 4 out of their next 6 games are against United, Spurs, City and Chelsea where you won't want to start them and in the other games you will get only get clean sheet points at best.

There are many other options that offer better upside or better fixtures and in some cases both. You have attacking assets in good teams starting from 4m.

JP77

:lol:

That's why I need Pedro or Cash to not play.
Why not? I don’t need to panic into getting rid of him right now when he could and should come back into this Arsenal team which is clear for everybody to see. I doubt I’ll keep him very long but right now I would rather swap out Shaw who is injured and think it’s too early to be playing the wildcard and refuse to take a hit.

Anustart89

Considering bringing Bowen in for their Luton game. Mitoma or Richarlison out? Tottenham have good fixtures coming up and Bowen has Luton and then two tricky games. What do you guys reckon?

Happy with 64 so far plus Haaland to play.

Maluco

It’s amazing how quickly a great gameweek can turn into a poor one.

32 points on Friday and United starting poorly and looking rough. Rashford, Bruno haul and most have closed the gap.

Udogie second on bench and lots will receive those points if Foden doesn’t play, whereas I will get Mbeumo 2 pointer.

I was so positive even tonight, but that news is a real downer if he doesn’t play.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
2 blanks in Garnacho and Gabriel, still got 6 left to play tomorrow, but need someone like Szoboszlai to have a stormer as he's my differential to most people.

Canuckred64

No
fecking hate this game. Shipped out fernandes and Rashford this week and put Foden in. Just my luck that they bag points and Foden might not have travelled.
Reports that Foden didn't travel with the club but will travel to Sheffield on his own.

saik

32 with only Haaland and Salah to go. 2 terrible GWs in a row. Strongly considering WC for next week. Already have 2 injured players in squad but then I also have to deal with fecking De Zerbi thinking he's Pep and rotating Pedro and then us completely bedwetting defensively means I'll have to take out Onana.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Why not? I don’t need to panic into getting rid of him right now when he could and should come back into this Arsenal team which is clear for everybody to see. I doubt I’ll keep him very long but right now I would rather swap out Shaw who is injured and think it’s too early to be playing the wildcard and refuse to take a hit.
Just laughing because people have been saying this for the last 2 weeks. Lego Pep is in his weird experimentation phase.

Leonzo1

Maddison first on My bench is a killer. Need a Watkins haul tomorrow to save my week.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Thinking about playing my WC now that I'm back in an ok position:

Onana
Estupinian, Chilwell, Gabriel
Rashford
, Bruno, Saka, Martinelli, Foden
Haaland, Jackson

Subs: Turner, Beyer, Kabore, Archer

To:

Edersen
Estupinian, Chilwell, Trippier
Sterling, Mbuemo
, Saka, Maddison, Foden
Haaland, Jackson

Subs: Areola, Udogie, Kabore, Archer

£2.1m in the bank.

Thoughts?

Edit: feck it I've done it :lol:

Last edited:

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Glad I'm not the only GW4 (rage) wildcarder haha. But got Bowen instead of Foden and Isak, Wissa instead of Jackson. Ederson is my goalie pick too. Gusto instead of Estu and Henry as 5th def.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I usually try my utmost to have absolute gash on my bench. I've never struggled with it, but this year is different, especially now that I've transferred out Salah.

Now I have 10/11 reasonably great players and, while some prefer this, I hate it. Every week I'll have to leave points on the bench.

Take for instance Brighton v Newcastle.

I now have to decide between Estupiñan and Botman. That's crap. And I have to choose 2 of Mitoma, Isak and Wissa.

Headache

RyRy11

I usually try my utmost to have absolute gash on my bench. I've never struggled with it, but this year is different, especially now that I've transferred out Salah.

Now I have 10/11 reasonably great players and, while some prefer this, I hate it. Every week I'll have to leave points on the bench.

Take for instance Brighton v Newcastle.

I now have to decide between Estupiñan and Botman. That's crap. And I have to choose 2 of Mitoma, Isak and Wissa.

Headache
Erik?

Swiss_Red89

Isn't the WC way to early, especially right before the International breaks? Form, situation, fixtures etc. will chance a lot again in the next few weeks that I'm sure if you Wildcard now, you will want to WC again around GW 10 or so.

IMO the free transfers, maybe a hit or two if required, in the next weeks should do it.

SteveCoppellFan

I like to wait until the transfer window is shut before using the WC.

There are always a load of last day moves and bargains can appear.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Thinking about playing my WC now that I'm back in an ok position:

Onana
Rashford
Haaland, Jackson

To:

Edersen
Sterling, Mbuemo
, Saka, Maddison, Foden
Haaland, Jackson

£1.1m in the bank.

Thoughts?

Edit: feck it I've done it :lol:
Why wildcard now? I haven't looked into the best time for playing it but just curious why you've chosen to do it early..

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Isn't the WC way to early, especially right before the International breaks? Form, situation, fixtures etc. will chance a lot again in the next few weeks that I'm sure if you Wildcard now, you will want to WC again around GW 10 or so.

IMO the free transfers, maybe a hit or two if required, in the next weeks should do it.
Why wildcard now? I haven't looked into the best time for playing it but just curious why you've chosen to do it early..
I normally wait until international break but I can't this year. I would be rolling into the next GW with Onana, Bruno, Rashy, Martinelli, Saka & Gabriel who are all playing each other and Gabriel isn't even playing.

I would also be missing Mbuemo, Sterling & Maddison who all have great fixtures.

So I rather shape my team now. It's a pretty solid team with starters and enough price points for me to be flexible.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

Onana
Rashford
Haaland, Jackson

To:

Edersen
Sterling, Mbuemo
, Saka, Maddison, Foden
Haaland, Jackson

£2.1m in the bank.
Am I making a mistake selling Bruno? Am I chasing points with Sterling? Am I missing a trick going without Gusto?

Would love some thoughts @CassiusClaymore @Sandikan @Moby @RDCR07 @Andycoleno9 @Maluco @anyone