Fantasy Premier League 23/24

saik

I transfered in Onana this GW. I was always hesitant when people were talking up our chances against Arsenal, Spurs and Brighton. Spurs looked incredible pre-season and Brighton are close to a top four side. The first 5 were never going to be easy for us.

I'm more confident about our fixture run now -> December basically.
It's not only those teams though. We conceded 2 goals against Forest and would have conceded the same against Wolves as well if they could finish.

With the way our defenders are dropping like flies, I don't trust our defence to keep a cleansheet. Varane coming back might change that but I would wait.

troylocker

Another hit taken and team for the weekend looks like this (259 points !!):

Johnstone (Turner)
Botman, Chillwell, Estupinan (Cash, Al-Dakhil)
Bruno, Sterling, Saka, Mbeumo, Foden
Haaland (C), Alvarez (Watkins)

No more red arrows, please. Please. Please...

saik

Is this the week where Rashford bursts into life? I mean he is due a haul soon right ?

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Possible final week for Rashford/Bruno. Disaster starting with these 2. I could get rid of Bruno at least but (and I’ve been saying this for about 3 weeks) he should do something this weekend.

I’m saving a transfer this week and maybe get rid after this weekend. Man Utd have decent home fixtures coming up but if they’re not scoring points…
I’ll no doubt get rid just as they start to haul.

Diaby and Salah looking likely transfers in soon enough.
Already have Mbeumo/Saka/Maddison.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Possible final week for Rashford/Bruno. Disaster starting with these 2. I could get rid of Bruno at least but (and I’ve been saying this for about 3 weeks) he should do something this weekend.

I’m saving a transfer this week and maybe get rid after this weekend. Man Utd have decent home fixtures coming up but if they’re not scoring points…
I’ll no doubt get rid just as they start to haul.

Diaby and Salah looking likely transfers in soon enough.
Already have Mbeumo/Saka/Maddison.
I have been wanting to get rid of both of them for a while but just can't rationalize this. United are awful defensively and probably going to concede 50+ goals this season which means to get any results we are going to need to score a lot of goals, and we don't really have many sources of goals. Aside from Rashford, Bruno and maybe Hojlund I can't really see anyone else getting to 5 league goals which means inevitably Bruno/Rashford double will eventually start bringing points.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
I have been wanting to get rid of both of them for a while but just can't rationalize this. United are awful defensively and probably going to concede 50+ goals this season which means to get any results we are going to need to score a lot of goals, and we don't really have many sources of goals. Aside from Rashford, Bruno and maybe Hojlund I can't really see anyone else getting to 5 league goals which means inevitably Bruno/Rashford double will eventually start bringing points.
Yeah but I'm not waiting half a season for Man Utd + Rashford/Bruno to get their act together.

It's been 2 goals and 3 assists in 10 matches from the pair.
The same return that James Ward-Prowse has by himself.
Even Neto is on 4 assists.

Anyway id expect something from the 2 against Burnley.

Moby

Dick
The question should be are they two of the best five FPL midfield assets to own in the league?

The competition isn't with other Man Utd players only.

Sarni

The question should be are they two of the best five FPL midfield assets to own in the league?

The competition isn't with other Man Utd players only.
I'm not sure. It's very hard to pick the midfielders, there's a true abundance of good options there and luck will play a big part in picking the best ones. Saka, Mitoma are basically a lock for me, but the other 3 positions I can come up with 7-8 names that sound appealing.

Moby

Dick
I'm not sure.
I'm pretty sure you can find better output for an investment of 17.5m of your budget than to invest it in a team that scored 58 goals last season which was largely thanks to Rashford going on a purple patch. I'm just holding Rashford for now as I have other moves but I can't see having anyone from Man Utd once I WC.

Withnail

Dropping Son to the bench in favour or Mitoma.

Question is whether I stick with Nunez or swap him out for Alvarez. Nunez could be a good differential but Klopp hasn't been starting him.

Sarni

I'm pretty sure you can find better output for an investment of 17.5m of your budget than to invest it in a team that scored 58 goals last season which was largely thanks to Rashford going on a purple patch. I'm just holding Rashford for now as I have other moves but I can't see having anyone from Man Utd once I WC.
I''m not touching either of them for now. Our calendar until GW13 looks great.

58 goals isn't much but they are distributed between very few players.

Moby

Dick
I''m not touching either of them for now. Our calendar until GW13 looks great.

58 goals isn't much but they are distributed between very few players.
Yeah and Chelsea calendar looks great right now. Doesn't matter if the team is below par and not performing. Anyway, good for the non-owners.

saik

Who do we think is going to explode this week? Like a 20 pointer? I was set on Rashford but the leaks are making me rethink.

saik

Also, why tf Hojlund's price increased? Did so many people really buy him after his goal against Bayern?

Not that I'm complaining since I already got him in last week but still surprising to see.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Sorry, I should have been clear. Not team news leaks but our squad disgruntlement leaks. :lol:
Ah, got it. We saw these kind of leaks the season before last and we all knew to stay well clear of United players for most of that season!

RedDevil@84

Any suggestions?

Flekken Areola
Botman Estu Cash Udogie Kabore
Salah Maddison Saka Mbeumo Diaby
Haaland Alvarez Archer

No Chelsea or United players.
Can go Diaby to Bowen. Is Estu still a good bet?

Edit: Rumours of Bowen being ill.

Last edited:

Reddevil22

Haaland has gone a few games without a hattrick... might be time to triple captain :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Son and Maddison captainers says hello :wenger: (i was one of them)

I have Kabore from before and will play him but i wont use FTs or hits to get anymore of them to be honest.
Exactly the same.
Everton & Burnley are about as crap a combo of opponents they could have without playing themselves or Sheff U, so will probably wheel him out.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So now we've all gone from having Haaland captain everyweek to all having Alvarez next to him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Who do we think is going to explode this week? Like a 20 pointer? I was set on Rashford but the leaks are making me rethink.
I've lost 0.3m on Onana, Rashy, Bruno, but i'm still stubbornly keeping all 3.
Burnley, Palace, Brentford, Sheff U, surely sees us get out of this miserable run?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Taking a hit for Salah, don’t even care. Need consistent points getters in the team.

saik

I've lost 0.3m on Onana, Rashy, Bruno, but i'm still stubbornly keeping all 3.
Burnley, Palace, Brentford, Sheff U, surely sees us get out of this miserable run?
I hope so as well. This is why I didn't double up on Bruno and Rashford when everyone was going crazy on how Bruno was nailed on and cheap at 8.5m. You can never trust our players. :lol:

I managed to get rid of Onana before the price drop but sadly had to waste my WC. I also hope Garnacho starts tomorrow as a differential pick. :angel:

saik

I doubt any future WCs would have anything that beats that in terms of gain (both FPL and for mental health).
You jest, but the most satisfaction I had was when I ditched those 3 Chelsea wankers. Tripling on them because they had a 'good run of fixtures' was a horribly bad idea. :lol:

Moby

Dick
You jest, but the most satisfaction I had was when I ditched those 3 Chelsea wankers. Tripling on them because they had a 'good run of fixtures' was a horribly bad idea. :lol:
I am waiting for the game when Nico Jackson faces Onana. Very movable object vs easily stoppable force.

Jagga7

Dropping Son to the bench in favour or Mitoma.

Question is whether I stick with Nunez or swap him out for Alvarez. Nunez could be a good differential but Klopp hasn't been starting him.
I have Mitoma as well but fear he's going to be rotated out. RBZ has said there will be many changes for the game on the weekend.

ShinjiNinja26

Ederson(Areola)
Trippier Estu Collins(Porro, Gusto)
Saka Sterling Ward-Prowse Maddison Mbuemo
Alvarez Haaland(C) (Pedro)

I’m thinking of going 3-4-3 so who do I bench out of Sterling and Maddison? Sterling seems the obvious pick due to recent form but Maddison has a tough away fixture against Arsenal. I know West Ham have a hard game as well but Ward Prowse has been in far better form than Sterling.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Do we think Chilwell doesn’t start again?

Anustart89

Who would you bench out of Mbeumo (EVE), Saka (TOT), Bruno, Rashford (BUR), Mitoma (BOU)?

Saka currently on bench. Am I a bastard man?

Edit: Have Højlund, Pedro and Haaland up front, Pedro looking tasty after being rotated and scoring from the bench against us so hesitant to bench him.

Last edited: