Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Genuinely contemplating leaving Haaland out of the wildcard, and just riding on the Alvarez wave for longer.
Would be easily be able to two-transfer him in if I sack off Salah.

We'll see post champions league games.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I have

Onana

Estu
Udogie
Trippier
Burn

Maddison
Son
Rashford
Saka

Haaland
Alvarez

^ would you wildcard that this gameweek? I feel like it can run one more week with some big differentials. A good home result to Brentford from ourselves and I think I'd have a good gameweek

Last edited:

troylocker

Will end this GW on a good green arrow with 72 points and will probably have climbed up to around 3M. Still the worst ever start to an FPL season, but hopefully the climb has started and I still got all my chips and WC available.

I do have some injury and suspension issues in my team, but this is how it'll look going into GW8 (did Mbeumo to Maddo with exact funds this GW):

Johnstone (Turner)
Estupinan, Trippier, Cash (Al-Dakhil, Botman)
Saka, Maddison, Bruno, Foden (Gordon)
Haaland (C), Watkins, Alvarez

With my current rank, I am tempted to save my wildcard to the Christmas chaos and go without Salah/Son, who will be in most template teams going forward. I reserve the right to change my mind on this though ;P

Thoughts on this?

troylocker

I have

Onana

Estu
Udogie
Trippier

Maddison
Son
Rashford
Saka

Haaland
Alvarez

^ would you wildcard that this gameweek? I feel like it can run one more week with some big differentials. A good home result to Brentford from ourselves and I think I'd have a good gameweek
I like this team for GW8. Who is your 11th player?

athlonmax

Supports
Malaysian National Team
I have

Onana

Estu
Udogie
Trippier

Maddison
Son
Rashford
Saka

Haaland
Alvarez

Your team looks good to me, no need to wildcard in my opinion.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I like this team for GW8. Who is your 11th player?
Opps forgot to say - Dan Burn.

Problem is Liverpool Brighton and City Arsenal assets all play each other.

I suppose its an issue the WC'ers will face anyway. A lot of WC Teams have punted on excluding one of Tripper Son Haaland and Salah anyway.

I don't think my team this GW is desperate for a WC and there are suddenly some big differentials so might opt to keep. If a combination of Saka/Rashford/Trippier turn up I think I'd have differential returns to the WC teams.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I’ve gone from wanting a WC to actually not using my transfer this week. :lol: I’ll just play Beyer, I have no huge confidence in any particular team keeping a clean sheet this week and two FTs can come very handy after international break.

troylocker

Opps forgot to say - Dan Burn.

Problem is Liverpool Brighton and City Arsenal assets all play each other.

I suppose its an issue the WC'ers will face anyway. A lot of WC Teams have punted on excluding one of Tripper Son Haaland and Salah anyway.

I don't think my team this GW is desperate for a WC and there are suddenly some big differentials so might opt to keep. If a combination of Saka/Rashford/Trippier turn up I think I'd have differential returns to the WC teams.
That's a good team for GW8. If you feel you must have Salah in your team, then you can press the WC button Saturday at 11:01, but I would wait a little longer.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's a good team for GW8. If you feel you must have Salah in your team, then you can press the WC button Saturday at 11:01, but I would wait a little longer.
Cheers mate, I am going to punt on it.

My problem will be his fixture vs Everton :lol:

Withnail

Genuinely contemplating leaving Haaland out of the wildcard, and just riding on the Alvarez wave for longer.
Would be easily be able to two-transfer him in if I sack off Salah.

We'll see post champions league games.
He's not looking like a nailed on Captain you can't afford not to be onboard with so far this year.

I'm thinking of going Madders as captain next week. Annoyingly I can't get within an asses roar of bringing in Trips. I already used my WC and gained a bit of ground, with more to come later if Morris continues his hot streak, so can't complain too much.

ROFLUTION

I have

Onana

Estu
Udogie
Trippier
Burn

Maddison
Son
Rashford
Saka

Haaland
Alvarez

No need at all, you got all the good ones although I wouldnt trust Onana.

JakeTheRed

I have

Onana

Estu
Udogie
Trippier
Burn

Maddison
Son
Rashford
Saka

Haaland
Alvarez

Absolutely not.

Rashford -> Bowen

Getting rid of Onana isn't that important unless you need to secure funds.

You could perhaps do with getting some Villa players in.

JakeTheRed

I find it crazy that people are actually contemplating getting rid of Haaland, mainly to try and get Salah in, when Haaland is ESSENTIAL. Not always for a good week, but in particular to not fall so far behind when he does go wild.

This year I decided to go with a particular approach. I will be captaining Haaland 99% of gameweeks, even if he performs badly, most people have him as captain, so it won't result in a huge red arrow. The only times I won't, are when there are DGW's for other players, or if City aren't playing.

Then, build a strong team with no other 'top tier' premiums in it. This allows me to have a bench for rotation (removes unnecessary transfers, just to get a starting 11 out.). This in turn, enables me to stay ahead of the game, in terms of transfers. I've been swapping players going down in price, for players going up in price. It's increasing my team value, so that when I do come to wildcard, I can have a strong team.

Currently sat at 29k overall, and top of the RedCafe!

troylocker

I find it crazy that people are actually contemplating getting rid of Haaland, mainly to try and get Salah in, when Haaland is ESSENTIAL. Not always for a good week, but in particular to not fall so far behind when he does go wild.

This year I decided to go with a particular approach. I will be captaining Haaland 99% of gameweeks, even if he performs badly, most people have him as captain, so it won't result in a huge red arrow. The only times I won't, are when there are DGW's for other players, or if City aren't playing.

Then, build a strong team with no other 'top tier' premiums in it. This allows me to have a bench for rotation (removes unnecessary transfers, just to get a starting 11 out.). This in turn, enables me to stay ahead of the game, in terms of transfers. I've been swapping players going down in price, for players going up in price. It's increasing my team value, so that when I do come to wildcard, I can have a strong team.

Currently sat at 29k overall, and top of the RedCafe!
Agree on this.

The potential upside of having Haaland vs. a Salah or is stastically so much better.
So far Haaland has 5 hattricks (11,9%), 6 braces (14,3%), 12 games with multiple returns (28,6%) and has blanked in 9 of 42 (21,4%) games in the PL.
Salah has 4 hattricks+ (1,6%), 20 braces (8,4%), 48 games with multiple returns (20,2%) and blanked in 96 (40,3%) of 238 matches in the PL
Son has 4 hattricks+ (1,4%), 15 braces (5,3%), 39 games with multiple returns (13,7%) and blanked in 157 (55,1%) of 285 matches in the PL.

Haaland has underperformed his xG so far this season for the first time in his career, which I wouldn't bet against him turning around.
I'm not entirely against doing captaincy punts every now and then, but going without him completely is impossible if you want a high rank come May.

Drizzle

On a wildcard, am I insane to be considering a 3-4-3 with Haaland / Watkins / Solanke?

Solanke's next 3 fixtures are Eve / Wolves / Burnley. I'm thinking he's scoring more points than Alvarez in this period given City's fixtures and Pep roulette. Can easily see him getting 2 returns in those 3 fixtures. Can use the extra funds elsewhere.

saik

Ugh. Eze is now injured just when they are about to play a weaker opposition. I really am not getting any luck so far this season. :lol:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If we weren't so shite, Hojlund would be awesome at his price.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Forgot the Luton/Burnley game was on today. Should've watched that instead. :(

RedDevil@84

Didn't wait for a price drop and took out Mbeumo. Guaranteed hatrick this week against us. Anyone having him should play him.

athlonmax

Supports
Malaysian National Team
Will end this GW on a good green arrow with 72 points and will probably have climbed up to around 3M. Still the worst ever start to an FPL season, but hopefully the climb has started and I still got all my chips and WC available.

I do have some injury and suspension issues in my team, but this is how it'll look going into GW8 (did Mbeumo to Maddo with exact funds this GW):

Johnstone (Turner)
Estupinan, Trippier, Cash (Al-Dakhil, Botman)
Saka, Maddison, Bruno, Foden (Gordon)

With my current rank, I am tempted to save my wildcard to the Christmas chaos and go without Salah/Son, who will be in most template teams going forward. I reserve the right to change my mind on this though ;P

Thoughts on this?
Yeah, any players in your team could haul in any upcoming gameweeks, either Maddison or Son is still good though and maybe can squeeze 1 Pool attacker for their favorable upcoming fixtures .

Bristol_Red_87

Is Salah, Son and Maddison enough to hold off on the WC?

The rest of my team is a bit of a mess but I feel like most WC'er's are looking to bring in these 3 as a priority...everyone else bar potentially Trippier and Cash seems like a bit of a punt?

saik

Have you got your WC?
Nope. Already wasted to take out United and Chelsea bums couple of weeks ago. My season is done. I just play for fun anyways so not a big deal. Still, wanted to be doing better than whatever the clusterfeck it has been until now. :lol:

saivet

Think I'll take a -8 hit this week to get Saka and Estu out for Trippier and Bowen

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Sold Estu. Was considering but thought I'd give him another week but Porto's in with Spurs' fixtures looking good.

redcucumber

After an absolutely diabolical start (25 points last week? Tf?) I've wildcarded and gone extremely template.

Areola (Turner)
Burn - Udogie - Cash (Lamptey - Taylor)
Son - Salah - Bowen - Neto (Anderson)
Haaland - Watkins - Alvarez

Had Maddison but my team value wasn't good enough to keep him. 1.5m or so in the bank. feck this game.

troylocker

After an absolutely diabolical start (25 points last week? Tf?) I've wildcarded and gone extremely template.

Areola (Turner)
Burn - Udogie - Cash (Lamptey - Taylor)
Son - Salah - Bowen - Neto (Anderson)
Haaland - Watkins - Alvarez

Had Maddison but my team value wasn't good enough to keep him. 1.5m or so in the bank. feck this game.
Should give you some points in the coming weeks. :)

With the recent injury updates I decided to do a -8 this week instead of playing the WC (up to 28 points in hits so far this season). Estupinan and Saka had to go and and the team now looks like this going into GW8:

Johnstone (Turner)
Trippier, Cash, Lamptey (Al Dakhil, Botman)
Bruno, Son, Maddo, Foden (Gordon)

GL me.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
My early Diaby transfer looking dumb as feck now. Should've checked to see why he went off. Still hopeful he trains tomorrow.

But yeah him and Saka flagged and rumours that Son and Maddison are playing with injuries. My midfield could be in trouble.