g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Premier League 23/24

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Bowen + Archer or Gordon + Pedro?

Do I need a good player on the bench and the headache of choosing or should I just go with Bowen?

The rest of the team:

Areola Turner
TAA Trippier Konsa Branthwaite Kabore
Salah Saka Son Mitoma (Gordon or Bowen)
Alvarez Watkins (Pedro or Archer)
I'd go with Bowen personally. No bench headache and you've already got Mitoma who's Brighton's best asset.

AlexUTD

100.4m
Nothing in the bank.
Nice rank mate.

Rank 192k
Squad Value £103m
In the Bank £0.9m
Very nice value and rank mate.

I lost some value sitting on Eze and Bruno too long and March got injured of course and lost me value when i got him in last week one week early cause Eze was falling again!

paulscholes18

Bowen + Archer or Gordon + Pedro?

Do I need a good player on the bench and the headache of choosing or should I just go with Bowen?

The rest of the team:

Areola Turner
TAA Trippier Konsa Branthwaite Kabore
Salah Saka Son Mitoma (Gordon or Bowen)
Alvarez Watkins (Pedro or Archer)
Bowen and Archer

troylocker

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
@CassiusClaymore @Sandikan @Dirty Schwein @troylocker @RDCR07 @Sarni etc these are possibly my final options, could you please rank them in the order of preference?

Goalkeepers are the same so ignoring them.

A: (Template)
Cash, Gabriel, Tsimikas, Taylor, Lascelles
Son, Saka, Salah, Bowen, Gordon
Haaland, Watkins, Archer

B: Same but Mitoma over Bowen
Son, Saka, Salah, Mitoma, Gordon
Haaland, Watkins, Archer

C: Trippier and Mitoma
Trippier, Gabriel, Tsimikas, Taylor, Lascelles
Son, Saka, Salah, Mitoma, Adingra
Haaland, Watkins, Archer

D: Trippier and Alvarez, no Mitoma
Trippier, Pau, Tsimikas, Taylor, Lascelles
Son, Saka, Salah, Adingra, 4.3
Haaland, Watkins, Alvarez

E: Mitoma and Alvarez, no Trips
Son, Saka, Salah, Mitoma, 4.3
Haaland, Watkins, Alvarez
It's a tough one, but I think:

#1/2 : B/A - I find it very hard to separate Bowen and Mitoma with the fixture runs they have now. Both have fantastic fixture runs and both can explode the next 6 GWs. I lean towards Mitoma because of their total attacking numbers, slightly better fixtures and the extra money.
#3/4/5 : E/D/C - I like these drafts too and I like that you've exchanged Palmer with Adingra because of the fixtures.

I would be happy with any of these teams really, but I'm saving my WC for Christmas. Hopefully I don't fall too far behind - Meaning Son and Salah needs to slow down a bit.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was just trying to work out how to trim 0,.2m off, then realised I could just send Archer to a 4.3m striker!

Therefore, we have

Areola (Turner)
Trippier Gabriel Pau Tsimikas (Lascelles)
Salah Son Saka Luiz Palmer
Haaland Watkins (4.3m)

Big benching dilemma from the players not in brackets above. Pau or Tsimikas probably?

Otherwise, it covers all the 6 big ceiling big hitters who are their club's main threat

Suppose Salah needs to be the captain in his current goal form, home to Forest.

last check
@Moby @Dirty Schwein @CassiusClaymore

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Was just trying to work out how to trim 0,.2m off, then realised I could just send Archer to a 4.3m striker!

Therefore, we have

Areola (Turner)
Haaland Watkins (4.3m)

Big benching dilemma from the players not in brackets above. Pau or Tsimikas probably?

Otherwise, it covers all the 6 big ceiling big hitters who are their club's main threat

last check
This is a good team and selection. Bench Pau because Luton gonna slap!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Yeah I'd bench Pau. Probably has a lower ceiling but slightly more chance of a clean sheet. Airways like to play attacking defenders when I can.

Moby

Dick

Therefore, we have

Areola (Turner)
Haaland Watkins (4.3m)

last check
I'm not a fan of Luiz. He scored some pens and takes set pieces but he will be binned in a couple of games max. And for the 5m spot it's tricky but Adingra is more interesting for me. At least you have the fixtures to get something and then go to Palmer after Chrlsra have played the tough games. Looks fine otherwise.

Keeping or selling Trips is a big call for me.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Nice rank mate.
Cheers! I think my value will bite me later in the season when I can't make the transfers I'd like to. Not paid attention to it and held onto Onana, Rashford and Bruno until GW8. Lost some with Gabriel right at the start too and probably more.

Don't really know what I'm doing, this is my first season playing. Can't grumble how it's gone so far when it comes to points on the board.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Pau - Tsimi - Reguilon
Salah - Bowen - Saka - Martinelli-Maddison
Haaland - Alvarez

No Tripps and Watkins.

Want to bring 2 city attackers and 2 Arsenal this week. Could be a mastee stroke or Could be a complete disaster.

Currently at 700k

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm not a fan of Luiz. He scored some pens and takes set pieces but he will be binned in a couple of games max. And for the 5m spot it's tricky but Adingra is more interesting for me. At least you have the fixtures to get something and then go to Palmer after Chrlsra have played the tough games. Looks fine otherwise.

Keeping or selling Trips is a big call for me.
I'd be playing the mid 5 with Luiz and Palmer.

Luiz v Luton is worth the risk. I don't quite see the Adingra hype just yet, but haven't been on stuff quick enough this year.

Trippier has spanked me for weeks now, and I just want to take away that dread when the goal alter goes 1-0, and be "please not Trippier involved", and he's got the assist!

The big 6 I think takes away that sense of dread with checking results, especially Salah, Watkins and Trippier.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is a good team and selection. Bench Pau because Luton gonna slap!
Yeah I'd bench Pau. Probably has a lower ceiling but slightly more chance of a clean sheet. Airways like to play attacking defenders when I can.

Ta chaps. I've started doing a Friday night track session with a group at 6pm. This is the first Friday 6.30 deadline since, so aiming to click the button now and leave it in peace!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nketiah at 5.5m is an intriguing option, but just feels too risky with Jesus soon to be back.

Luiz & 4.3m probably feels safer than 4.3m and Nketiah

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
No Salah?
Would probably go Saka and really hope we can keep Haaland to his recent low output
I can get Salah for -4 for Son or wait next week and do it free and I can even keep Son (and drop Trips).

Need more time to think about that.

BootsyCollins

Starting to doubt the Haaland cap, but gots no Salah so only alternative is Ödegaard or Watkins. Whatever i choose it will probably be the wrong choice so might as well keep it on Haaland, then i at least will be happy if its a blank.

Drizzle

Maddison/Bowen vs Saka/Mitoma.

Also, Tsimikas vs Gabriel?

This week is painful.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Nketiah at 5.5m is an intriguing option, but just feels too risky with Jesus soon to be back.

Luiz & 4.3m probably feels safer than 4.3m and Nketiah
Jesus is out for a few weeks which means he won’t be back till after international break.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Starting to doubt the Haaland cap, but gots no Salah so only alternative is Ödegaard or Watkins. Whatever i choose it will probably be the wrong choice so might as well keep it on Haaland, then i at least will be happy if its a blank.
I've got Salah, Haaland and Watkins.

Went with Salah, Haaland as VC. Doubting everything myself now.

Villa are the top home scorers in the league. Luton have the joint leakiest away defence in the league.

I'm making Watkins at least VC off the back of that. Just got to think of if I want to push him all the way to captain.

Edit: Mind you Villa's home xG is only 10 and they've scored 17. Bit fortunate to have bagged so many. But then Luton's away xGA is 16 and have let in 11. Probably should have conceded even more.

Last edited:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
The hesitation with a Salah captaincy is that Forest are not bad defensively meaning teams don’t score 4,5 or 6 past them often, even away from home.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Woah no Watkins or Salah? What’s your team Dirty? Have you played your WC yet?
I wasted my WC bringing in 3 Chelsea players and then spent 3 weeks getting rid of them :lol:

Ederson
Trips, Digne, Udogie
Son, Maddison, Saka, Gordon, Bowen
Haaland, Alvarez

Subs: Areola, Kabore, Archer, Estu

Gonna get Salah in next week.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Wild carded and now I have my first proper captain decision of the season in Haaland v Salah and I hate it.

RedDevil@84

I wasted my WC bringing in 3 Chelsea players and then spent 3 weeks getting rid of them :lol:

Ederson
Trips, Digne, Udogie
Haaland, Alvarez

I did one better and got rid of Salah to get Trippier, Son and Bowen, 3 weeks back.
Now struggling to find a way to get Salah back.

Used my WC and no Watkins as well. Cheers.

BootsyCollins

I've got Salah, Haaland and Watkins.

Went with Salah, Haaland as VC. Doubting everything myself now.

Villa are the top home scorers in the league. Luton have the joint leakiest away defence in the league.

I'm making Watkins at least VC off the back of that. Just got to think of if I want to push him all the way to captain.

Edit: Mind you Villa's home xG is only 10 and they've scored 17. Bit fortunate to have bagged so many. But then Luton's away xGA is 16 and have let in 11 which is still the worst actually conceded. Probably should have conceded more.
I should never have read this post as now i am doubting myself even more :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Ederson
Trips, Digne, Udogie
Haaland, Alvarez

Did the same in GW4 mate but managed to survive it just about.

Jackson > Alvarez in GW6
Chilwell > Kabore in GW7
Kept Sterling for his haul in GW8 and then binned him and Saka for Salah and Gordon last week.

Wouldn't have been so bad if I'd gotten on them for GW3 when they played your lot. They then went and scored no goals in the next 3 games vs Forest, Bournemouth and Villa. Caaaants!