Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There's always that crap bench fodder player who'll get a monster haul one week.
That Burnley goon, @Dirty Schwein 's mate the other season was the worst. He'd find a way to miss a game if you needed him to field 11, but pull a 15 pointer off 3 times a season when there wasn't a chance in hell you'd field him.

Moby

Dick
Out of curiosity, who would you guys have started this week then if you were in my shoes? Here's my squad:

Onana - Turner
Trippier - Tsimikas - Guehi - Gusto - Cash
B.Fernandes - Son - Diaby - Mitoma - Saka
Haaland - Archer - J.Alvarez​
No idea. This is why I stick to having 11 players and a rubbish bench to not have such headache. :lol:

But if for a 3 at the back you go for Cash, Trips and Tsimi.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Out of curiosity, who would you guys have started this week then if you were in my shoes? Here's my squad:

Onana - Turner
Trippier - Tsimikas - Guehi - Gusto - Cash
B.Fernandes - Son - Diaby - Mitoma - Saka
Haaland - Archer - J.Alvarez​
Without any doubt you wouldn't bench Trippier for a home game. That's crazy behaviour.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
There's always that crap bench fodder player who'll get a monster haul one week.
That Burnley goon, @Dirty Schwein 's mate the other season was the worst. He'd find a way to miss a game if you needed him to field 11, but pull a 15 pointer off 3 times a season when there wasn't a chance in hell you'd field him.
Get a grip. 4.5m Brownhill is FPL royalty.

RedDevil@84

Took a -4 to get this

Flekken (0)
Cash (0) Andersen (5) Tsimikas (1)
Saka (2) Salah (2) Douglas Luiz (2) Bowen (7) Son
Haaland (C) (2) Alvarez (2)

Bench: Areola (1) Archer (9) Kabore (12) Udogie

Gawge

Given that squad, I'd probably have made mistakes in benching for sure (Archer, Gusto and probably... Guehi). I pay the premium for Trippier because he often gets points from nowhere though, I have him straight in my team every week, even if it was City away.

I benched Schar and lost out on his points, because like you, didn't expect a Newcastle Clean Sheet - but Trippier is just such a points magnet you surely have to play him. Spread the money around if you don't fancy him.

paulscholes18

Kabore and Baldock 16 points
Areola, Cash, Tsminkas, Burn, Salah, Haaland, Watkins Alvarez 11 points

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I took a -8 to get in Tsimikas and Salah. Got rid if Trippier and also would have had Kabore come on... But feck it, come on Luton!!!!!
Bloody hell 1-1.
And I held off posting my original post in case.

Just hold this now Lu-on!

RedDevil@84

The top guy in one of my ML had a family emergency and has his team unchanged for 3 weeks. He has captain Bruno and Trippier along with Haaland, Mbeumo, Wissa, Bowen. He still leads :D

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I would say that'll shut the smug Salah captainers up, but as I have him too, and he's another bust this week, I erm, won't.

Unlucky Lu-on, but that's real good work for the greater good.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
How the feck does Allison end up with a full 3 BPs after conceding off Luton's only proper attack. Just dumb.

In other news, I was on 24 points yesterday with half my outfield team to play. With only Maddison and Porro, I'm now on 28 because Villa were shit and Emery decided to compile the misery Pep-style by subbing Cash in the 59th minute.

I thought I'd finally got my bench picks spot on with Saliba being denied a CS and he still scored 2 more points than cash and Archer got three times more points than the City striker duo :lol:

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
What a mad week. Alvarez and Haaland (c) managed a grand total of 4 points in a 6 goal thrashing. I think those 2 beat the famous Havertz captain when Chelsea scored 7 and he blanked as the lone striker.

Feared the worst last night and expected Liverpool to score at least 4-5 today.

The best thing is that its a crap week for everyone.
Mitchell (15) and Bowen (7) have saved me so far, 32 points with Son and Maddison yet to play, should manage at least 40 points for the week.

Gonna roll the transfer this week, save 2 for the international break and have a mini wildcard post international break.

Chipper

Adulterer.
20 points with Maddison, Son and Van de Ven to come.

Is it too much to hope they all go down with a minor illness? Lascelles, Archer and Kabore scoring 26 on the bench.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
What a mad week. Alvarez and Haaland (c) managed a grand total of 4 points in a 6 goal thrashing. I think those 2 beat the famous Havertz captain when Chelsea scored 7 and he blanked as the lone striker.

Feared the worst last night and expected Liverpool to score at least 4-5 today.

The best thing is that its a crap week for everyone.
Mitchell (15) and Bowen (7) have saved me so far, 32 points with Son and Maddison yet to play, should manage at least 40 points for the week.

Gonna roll the transfer this week, save 2 for the international break and have a mini wildcard post international break.
Yeah I might roll. Was stressing about not having any Brighton or Arsenal for their plum home fixtures but rolling might be the smarter option. Cash and Haaland flagged at the moment so need to keep an eye on that though I suspect neither are serious.

Bigger problem is bringing in two rotation muppets in Gabriel and Tsimikas for nailed starters in Walker and Udogie. fecked myself a bit there.

Oranges038

13 people did I think.

Some people think template teams and Captain Haaland is a boring way to play the game.

They might be right.
There must be a strange a level of commitment required to your FPL team to even think about doing such a thing.

This fixture last year, I triple captained Haaland, City battered in 6 and he barely touched the ball, not even an assist.

Gawge

I have 2FTs this week, but if Cash is fit, I'm not sure there is anything I can really do.

Might just use it on a bench upgrade. Either Pepple>Archer, or Turner to someone who rotates well with Johnstone so I can keep my WC until GW19 for the blank/double attack.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Just did the maths...

I got 27 with -8 so a total of 19 (with Son to go)... Without the hit I would be on 35 :lol:

troylocker

Took a -4 to get this

Flekken (0)
Cash (0) Andersen (5) Tsimikas (1)
Saka (2) Salah (2) Douglas Luiz (2) Bowen (7) Son
Haaland (C) (2) Alvarez (2)

Bench: Areola (1) Archer (9) Kabore (12) Udogie
Best bench I've seen this week ;)
I've seen lot worse teams this week though.

I've actually had a decent week:

Johnstone (9)
Tripps (9), Tsimi (1), Cash (0)
Bruno (11), Saka (2), Foden (6), Maddison
Haaland (C) (2), Nunez (2), Watkins (2)

Bench: Turner (0), Gordon (7), Al-Dakhil (0), Lamptey (0)

I do have some unwanted headaches to worry about though:
- Turner lost his spot
- Al-Dakhil not starting for the first time this season
- Cash maybe injured
- Lamptey not playing
- Tsimi rotation risk at best
- Foden not starting
- Haaland maybe injured
- Watkins two blanks in a row with tougher fixtures coming up.

Had plans to do Foden to Mitoma this GW, but need to reassess and find where my transfer is most needed and concider taking a hit(s)

Withnail

Poxy Salah, it was all set up for me to gain a yard on everyone in work. In the end I got 4pts to everyone else 2 Haaland captain points.

I might bin him off along with bench fodder Longstaff to get Son/Saka back in.

EDIT: priced out of that move by 0.1 :mad: