Fantasy Premier League 23/24

troylocker

I have some serious issues with my defense and it looks like I have to take a hit somewhere down the line to "fix" it, but this week my FT will be this:

Foden -> Mitoma (6,5M), Eze (6,1M) or Hwang (5,5M) to free up some money for Salah in double move in before GW14.

Numbers so far this season (From understat):
Mitoma (3G/4A): 0,35xG/90 + 0,21xA/90 - 0,56xG+A/90 - Plays for the best attacking team of the 3, not on penalties, but they have only Chelsea and Arsenal (both away) as really tough fixtures the next 7 games (will WC into GW19)
Eze (1G/2A): 0,31xG/90 + 0,33xA/90 - 0,64xG+A/90 - Talisman for CP, on pens (they haven't got any so far this season), good run of games, but VP play Roy ball which means sitting back a......LOT.
Hwang (6G/2A): 0,42xG/90 + 0,27xA/90 - 0,69xG+A/90 (Same as Saka including pens) - Finally nailed in the team, could be talisman now that Neto is out, has a good run of fixtures (Spurs defense is a trainwreck this GW). Negative is that Wolves looked horrible against SHU in the weekend.

I will not buy any Brentford players before GW18

Who do I go for this GW?

Team before transfer:

Johnstone (Turner)
Tripps, Cash, Tsimikas (!!??) (Al-Dakhil and Lamptey - Horrible bench)
Saka, Bruno, Gordon, Foden (Maddison)
Haaland (C), Watkins, Darwin

Will most likely roll transfer nest GW and do Bruno & Maddison -> Salah & Palmer/Hwang into GW14, and hope I have 3 playing defenders...
Will keep Foden and ship Maddison in stead with the new injury update on him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have a nice team with the big hitters, but obviously a lack of flex in the lower value players.

Areola (Turner)
Gabriel Trippier , Pau, Tsim (Lascelles)
Salah (c), Son, Saka, Luiz (Palmer)
Haaland, Watkins

Actually considering Pau to Maguire, as I have 2 freebies, and don't want to lose any of the big hitters I've only just wildcarded in. Would save 0.3m too.

Palmer over any starter defender? Stung me for 12 points on the bench last week!

@Dirty Schwein @CassiusClaymore @Moby @BootsyCollins @troylocker @Amir @others

Chipper

Adulterer.
This Maddison injury is causing me a headache.

I will take the -4 to replace this week, that was the first decision.

Was planning to do Mbeumo > Mitoma for the short term this week if I had no transfers I needed to do elsewhere based off fixtures but that's gone out the window. Mitoma is still viable as a Maddison replacement as are other Brighton assets. It's a nice run they have upcoming. Also considering Bowen and Martinelli. Good fixtures for those 2 as well.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Have a nice team with the big hitters, but obviously a lack of flex in the lower value players.

Areola (Turner)
Haaland, Watkins

Actually considering Pau to Maguire, as I have 2 freebies, and don't want to lose any of the big hitters I've only just wildcarded in. Would save 0.3m too.

Palmer over any starter defender? Stung me for 12 points on the bench last week!

I prefer higher upside so would drop Pau. Or Mags if you bring him in, which could be a good transfer.

BootsyCollins

Already had it. Non committal from Arteta as usual. Didn't train yesterday, see how he is today blah blah blah. Can't be arsed with him
Thats no good. I know if i captain him he will be on the bench and come in the last minutes, Saka that is.

Might stick with the Martinelli cap then, if for nothing else to chase that feeling from last year.

BootsyCollins

Areola (Turner)
Haaland, Watkins

Reward higher from Palmer, but so is the risk. He seems to play really good for Chelsea at the moment, and is involved in most of what they do.
If the game against spurs did not have the first red card in it i think he would be quite quiet thought, and City is a better team than Spurs.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Areola (Turner)
Haaland, Watkins

Palmer over Tsimi.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Maddison out till January, the early transfer was not wrong. Let's hope Saka is not injured though

Chipper

Adulterer.
Team finalised.

Areola
Cash, Guehi, Lascelles
Gordon, Martinelli, Mbeumo, Salah (c), Son
Haaland (vc), Watkins

Turner, Tsimikas, Archer, Kabore

JP77

Taking the risk and captaining Bowen against Forest this weekend. Could work out great in catching up some ground in my work league or completely back fire, the latter I imagine.

RedRocket9908

Ive captained Evan Ferguson against Sheff Utd this weekend and dropped Haaland to the bench as he did nothing home or away against Chelsea in the league last season.

Moby

Dick

Areola (Turner)
Haaland, Watkins

Yeah I'd go palmer over tsim

Rightnr

Start of Tottenham's inevitable drop to 6th.
Wonder how much this'll affect Son.
I think it'll affect him in that the team is worse but Son is a great scorer of individual goals as well, so I think he'll be OK but not as good.

The Maddison injury actually ended up helping me because my plan to sell Haaland and get the Spuds duo and Trippier has been put on indefinite hold, with Newcastle nursing injuries and playing away.

Canuckred64

Taking the risk and captaining Bowen against Forest this weekend. Could work out great in catching up some ground in my work league or completely back fire, the latter I imagine.
I took the arm band off Haaland , never thought of Bowen. Hojlund is another option, but I played it safe and went with Salah.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Ederson
Digne, Branthwaite, Tsimikas
Salah, Son, Gordon, Bowen, Saka
Haaland, Alvarez

Subs: Areola, Kabore, Estupinian, Archer

Thinking to do:

GW12 - Ederson to Raya
GW13 - Digne to Saliba
GW14 - Bowen to Mbeumo

How does that sound?

@CassiusClaymore @Moby @Sandikan @anyone

Moby

Dick
Ederson
Haaland, Alvarez

Thinking to do:

GW12 - Ederson to Raya
GW13 - Digne to Saliba
GW14 - Bowen to Mbeumo

How does that sound?

Think Dyche said Branthwaite is a doubt and Moreno is back. That back 3 could be in trouble. I'm benching Tsimi for Lascelles and going double Newcastle with Trips in there.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Think Dyche said Branthwaite is a doubt and Moreno is back. That back 3 could be in trouble. I'm benching Tsimi for Lascelles and going double Newcastle with Trips in there.
I'm hoping Moreno don't come straight in and I have Kabore to step in for Branthwaite.

troylocker

Areola (Turner)
Haaland, Watkins

Our run of good fixtures is short so I think I would avoid Maguire now and I’d play Palmer over Tsimi.

Swiss_Red89

I just brought in the GOAT Harry Maguire for Udogie.

The Friday night Beers advice me here and there to not take this game too serious and just have a bit of fun....Let's see how this one plays out :lol:

Last edited:

Rightnr

I find this sudden Martinelli hype insane. Arsenal have hardly been an attacking force and he's hardly been great in that run.

Saka is much more reliable.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Ederson
Haaland, Alvarez

Thinking to do:

GW12 - Ederson to Raya
GW13 - Digne to Saliba
GW14 - Bowen to Mbeumo

How does that sound?

First two sound fine. I suspect you'll want to change that GW14 transfer by then though.

Good to have a plan mind. :)

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I have this unbreakable tradition that for my annual Old Trafford trip I always have a United player as captain. I’ve done that for the last 5 seasons.

I’m now in Manchester, heading to the Luton game later today, and my only United player in the squad is Maguire, so there we go.

Last edited: