Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Aaaand it's gone.
I thought it was him coming off, not Lo Celso so I made the post after they conceded..

Spurs defence really is a bunch of unfocused clowns in the laag 10 minutes.

This must be the 3rd game or something.

0161_UNITED

Have you gone for as many penalty takers as possible?

Not sure about Luiz.

Careful with having exact cash… just needs one player drop/rise and plan doesn’t work? (Haaland could rise, Alvarez could drop when Haaland comes back?)
Luiz worked out, at least for this week. No chance Haaland rises or Alvarez drops before I can do a 1 for 1 FT, unless I smell burning tires and clutch my arm, in which case FPL is no longer a priority. Overall, I think the final WC worked out:

Raya (didn't work) Areola (TBD)
Porro (Rightnr just screwed us all) Gabriel (at least he was benched) Estu (TBD), TAA (TBD but I'm thinking better than Trips for a few weeks), Gusto (bust this week, but I think I'll bank enough ITB to upgrade later even after Haaland returns)

Bowen, Saka, Foden, Palmer, Luiz (It worked so far, and I suspect in some form of this will be the Template for AFCON/Asia Cup except for Richarlison)

Solanke, Alvarez, Watkins (I captained Watkins this week, so it worked). And, I can move from any of these to Haaland in 1 FT. Overall, unless Salah bangs - I'm at least 2 FTs up on everyone who didn't because I have no AFCON/Asian Cup players. BTW - great to have you back active in the thread @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson

Last edited:

saik

I thought it was him coming off, not Lo Celso so I made the post after they conceded..

Spurs defence really is a bunch of unfocused clowns in the laag 10 minutes.

This must be the 3rd game or something.
I don't own him so I'm glad they conceded again. :p

Just fecking sad that I have to get 0 fecking points from Saliba again. He really needs binning off along with Trippier. Useless cnuts.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Saka and Son goals and we push on to 67.
Don't expect much from Areola and Trippier, but TAA and Salah might perform.

Sort of hope Salah doesn't do much as loads will have captained. Maybe what Son did today would be the ideal limit.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Luiz worked out, at least for this week. No chance Haaland rises or Alvarez drops before I can do a 1 for 1 FT, unless I smell burning tires and clutch my arm, in which case FPL is no longer a priority. Overall, I think the final WC worked out:

Raya (didn't work) Areola (TBD)
Porro (Rightnr just screwed us all) Gabriel (at least he was benched) Estu (TBD), TAA (TBD but I'm thinking better than Trips for a few weeks), Gusto (bust this week, but I think I'll bank enough ITB to upgrade later even after Haaland returns)

Bowen, Saka, Foden, Palmer, Luiz (It worked so far, and I suspect in some form of this will be the Template for AFCON/Asia Cup except for Richarlison)

Solanke, Alvarez, Watkins (I captained Watkins this week, so it worked). And, I can move from any of these to Haaland in 1 FT. Overall, unless Salah bangs - I'm at least 2 FTs up on everyone who didn't because I have no AFCON/Asian Cup players. BTW - great to have you back active in the thread @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson
Glad it went well.. and yes, you’re ahead of the game re transfers :)

Rightnr

I have double Arsenal defence and saved my FT this week. Should have binned Zinchenko already but thinking I might go for Sailba because he'll give me more spare cash.

troylocker

WC played going into GW20 and it's been a good GW so far with 71 points and TAA, Bowen and Estupinan to go.

Team right now:

Pickford (Dubra)
TAA, Estupinan, Porro (Zinchenko, Gusto)
Saka, Richarlison, Bowen, Palmer, Foden
Watkins, Alvarez (Solanke)

7,7M ITB

Will roll transfer this round unless we get definite news Haaland is back and starting.

Anustart89

Hoping for a Salah mystery illness as I've Watkins as VC and Palmer sitting firmly on my bench for the second gameweek running because I'm an idiot who thought that double Spurs defence was worth going 4-3-3 for. Idiot.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Just 29 so far. Captain Salah, Bowen and Ward-Prowse to come. Could do with West Ham banging 7 in.

Why do I keep not putting Palmer in, trying to be clever?

Went Son & Martinelli to Saka and Sterling in a round about way a few weeks back.

Then Sterling to Richarlison. To be fair Palmer was suspended that week as well as Sterling.

Now Gordon to Ward Prowse this past week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not going to worry about price changes, but will instead monitor the Haaland situation and any other injuries before working out how to deal with the Son / Salah situation.
2 weeks to the next league games, so no rush.

No doubt Bowen will be first port of call, but let's see him through their next game and still fit etc in 10 days time.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Need to decide on wildcard now, with a built-in plan for after the international tournaments or wildcard after AFCON/Asian Cup.

The plan was to wildcard after, and requires less thinking. Only got Salah going away as I was moving towards this point for a good while anyway with my choice of transfers.

My team has been crap for weeks though, might just tear it up. Plenty of time to decide.

Need to decide on wildcard now, with a built-in plan for after the international tournaments or wildcard after AFCON/Asian Cup.

The plan was to wildcard after, and requires less thinking. Only got Salah going away as I was moving towards this point for a good while anyway with my choice of transfers.

My team has been crap for weeks though, might just tear it up. Plenty of time to decide.
I bet it’s not crap, chuck it up

Chipper

Adulterer.
I bet it’s not crap, chuck it up
:nervous:

Dubravka Turner
Konsa Zinchenko Porro Lascelles Branthwaite
Richarlison Bowen Salah Saka Ward-Prowse
Watkins Haaland Archer

It's not bad on paper, but out of form players and what turned out to be a lot of wrong transfers and decisions has seen me plummet!

Was OR 73k after GW10, still as high as 101k after GW14. All the way down to 807k right this second. :lol:

GW12 Van de Ven (got injured) > Guehi, Palace had clean sheets early in the season, dried up after that

GW12 Maddison (injured) > Martinelli, he looked electric in a European game then did nothing in the league

GW13 Kabore > Branthwaite, fine

GW14 Son > Sterling, Maddison had been injured 2 weeks, felt it was affecting Spurs and Son had blanked in both, Chelsea's fixtures looked good, could have held Son or took Palmer

GW15 Martinelli > Saka, correcting the Martinelli mistake but Saka hasn't been great since

GW16 Mbeumo (injured) > Bowen, fine!

GW16 Areola > Dubravka (for a -4), think Areola and Turner were both temporarily dropped around then, only 1 CS for Dubravka since

GW17 Cash > Konsa, was trying to get rid of Cash for a while, not producing, droppped by Villa. Took Konsa on the back of cleanies vs. City and Arsenal with Brentford (A) with no Mbeumo, Sheff Utd (H), United (A) when we couldn't score in a brothel, and Burnley (H) upcoming. Conceded in all 4.

GW18 Guehi > Porro, ok but I'm a bit late on Porro. 9 points in 3 weeks since taking him and Spurs looking leaky right now with a depleted squad

GW19 Tsimikas (injured) > Zinchenko, conceeded 2 against West Ham, didn't even play against Fulham, meanwhile I suggested Gomez in this thread as a straight swap Tsimikas replacement to others and he kept a cleanie at the first attempt

GW19 Sterling > Richarlison (for a -4) fine so far, 1 goal in 2 for Richarlison

GW20 Gordon > Ward Prowse, not played yet this week, still don't know why I didn't take Palmer! Newcastle looking out of sorts though and 4/5 blanks for Gordon so could be wise to bin him off.Time will tell.

----------------------

My handling of Haaland was very poor. Thought he'd only miss weeks 17 and 18, deciding to play Archer in both. Dropped Archer to my bench after week 17 and played an extra defender instead only for Archer to score 8 points in week 18! Held Haaland since, not wanting to take further hits. Meanwhile everyone is on Solanke, and even with the abandoned game made loads of points on me.

Captains not producing apart from one week recently too. 6, 26, 6, 4, 6. Still got Salah for this week.

Last edited:
:nervous:

Dubravka Turner
Konsa Zinchenko Porro Lascelles Branthwaite
Richarlison Bowen Salah Saka Ward-Prowse
Watkins Haaland Archer

It's not bad on paper, but out of form players and what turned out to be a lot of wrong transfers and decisions has seen me plummet!

Was OR 73k after GW10, still as high as 101k after GW14. All the way down to 807k right this second. :lol:

GW12 Van de Ven (got injured) > Guehi, Palace had clean sheets early in the season, dried up after that

GW12 Maddison (injured) > Martinelli, he looked electric in a European game then did nothing in the league

GW13 Kabore > Branthwaite, fine

GW14 Son > Sterling, Maddison had been injured 2 weeks, felt it was affecting Spurs and Son had blanked in both, Chelsea's fixtures looked good, could have held Son or took Palmer

GW15 Martinelli > Saka, correcting the Martinelli mistake but Saka hasn't been great since

GW16 Mbeumo (injured) > Bowen, fine!

GW16 Areola > Dubravka (for a -4), think Areola and Turner were both temporarily dropped around then, only 1 CS for Dubravka since

GW17 Cash > Konsa, was trying to get rid of Cash for a while, not producing, droppped by Villa. Took Konsa on the back of cleanies vs. City and Arsenal with Brentford (A) with no Mbeumo, Sheff Utd (H), United (A) when we couldn't score in a brothel, and Burnley (H) upcoming. Conceded in all 4.

GW18 Guehi > Porro, ok but I'm a bit late on Porro. 9 points in 3 weeks since taking him and Spurs looking leaky right now with a depleted squad

GW19 Tsimikas (injured) > Zinchenko, conceeded 2 against West Ham, didn't even play against Fulham, meanwhile I suggested Gomez in this thread as a straight swap Tsimikas replacement to others and he kept a cleanie at the first attempt

GW19 Sterling > Richarlison (for a -4) fine so far, 1 goal in 2 for Richarlison

GW20 Gordon > Ward Prowse, not played yet this week, still don't know why I didn't take Palmer! Newcastle looking out of sorts though and 4/5 blanks for Gordon so could be wise to bin him off.Time will tell.

----------------------

My handling of Haaland was very poor. Thought he'd only miss weeks 17 and 18, deciding to play Archer in both. Dropped Archer to my bench after week 17 and played an extra defender instead only for Archer to score 8 points in week 18! Held Haaland since, not wanting to take further hits. Meanwhile everyone is on Solanke, and even with the abandoned game made loads of points on me.

Captains not producing apart from one week recently too. 6, 26, 6, 4, 6. Still got Salah for this week.
Hmmm.. looks like you’ve been unlucky with quite a few choices there?

Not sure you need to WC instantly, what team would you put out next week/how many tfrs free?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Hmmm.. looks like you’ve been unlucky with quite a few choices there?

Not sure you need to WC instantly, what team would you put out next week/how many tfrs free?
Just 1 free transfer, Salah > Someone. Could finally get Palmer, Odegaard an option or a jump onto De Bruyne. Hopefully Haaland is confirmed as back by then.

Fear a bit for Newcastle vs. City as their defence has been poor lately so Lascelles and Dubravka possibly benched. They are at home though. Fear for Porro too. We all saw what United did to Villa's high line, and Spurs will play the same way with lots of their squad missing. Good assist potential though. Branthwaite always an option. Will likely line up like this with the exception of Salah.

Last edited:
Just 1 free transfer, Salah > Someone. Could finally get Palmer, Odegaard an option. Hopefully Haaland is confirmed as back by then.

Fear a bit for Newcastle vs. City as their defence has been poor lately so Lascelles and Dubravka possibly benched. They are at home though. Fear for Porro too. We all saw what United did to Villa's high line, and Spurs will play the same way with lots of their squad missing. Good assist potential though. Branthwaite always an option. Will likely line up like this with the exception of Salah.
Tough one that… one or two better options and WC is defined not needed. One or two worse and would likely use.

Your call but personally I’d keep it. I tend to use when I’ve got half a dozen upwards of sh!t players OR when fixtures completely change and all of a sudden, my players look like they’ll struggle to get decent points.

WH, Spurs, Arse, Villa got decent fixtures (bar one or two) in next eight so you have a base and a tfr/week (could even take a hit?) plug gaps?

Alan Partridge

Going to lose 0.9 value if I sell Salah and Son. Presumably they’ll drop a bit but can’t see it being more than .3 or .4 collectively. Slightly annoying.

Rightnr

Did the early transfer again but happy with it. Gross for Salah and Estu for Zinchenko.

Will look to move on Saliba probably as well and get Foden or KdB depending on how City are faring.

Not sure Haaland will be playing anytime soon.

Last edited:

Rightnr

Ok, fecks this. 14 point swing on that and Trent also missed ffs