Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Shocking to see a player who's been out for 2 months not scoring 5 goals in 20 minutes
My only 'win' this week is holding steady on Haaland while people were taking hits for him en masse. People forgetting he wasn't amazing for the money before he got injured and now we have Toney to contend for the front 2 spots.

Even KdB didn't do amazing when people were captaining him left, right and centre.

RedDevil@84

A complete disaster of a week on all accounts. My ML leader opened up another 25 pt lead to add to the 30 pt lead he made last week. All the progress I made in past weeks goes up in smoke in just 2 weeks.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
FFS I let this cesspit convince me not to get Jota.
Hahaha.

I've avoided Liverpool forwards all season because they rotate and advised people not to get them when they've asked me but I think Jota is probably a good signing now. I'm trying to work out how to fit him into my team.

troylocker

Pffff! Moved in one week too early on the yeti. Those lost point and the 0,1M extra in the bank better be worth it next week :(
As a TAA owner, that Bradley performance was worrying too.
How Chelsea didn't get that pen was frustrating for us who had Palmer on the pitch as well.

Frustrating Wednesday.

troylocker

My only 'win' this week is holding steady on Haaland while people were taking hits for him en masse. People forgetting he wasn't amazing for the money before he got injured and now we have Toney to contend for the front 2 spots.

Even KdB didn't do amazing when people were captaining him left, right and centre.
I went in one week early myself. We can allways play the hindsight game, but:

He was amazing before he got injured though: 6 goals and 4 assists in the last 7 (57 points), while missing a lot of chances.
He also has a fantastic record against Burnley and a great record in matches after coming back from injuries.

This was Alvarez' 2nd brace in the PL, Haaland 6 hat tricks and 8 braces....
Before yesterday:
Alvarez had 51 matches in the PL: 15 goals and 8 assists
Haaland had 50 games: 50 goals and 12 assists

I'd easily take 30 min of Haaland against Burnley over 60 minutes of Alvarez against them every time.

Pickle85

Just got Haaland in for Alvarez myself, in time for Brentford next week. He's got to get up and firing again soon, right?! Not sure how to get Salah back in when the time comes but that's a problem for another day.

Pickle85

Pffff! Moved in one week too early on the yeti. Those lost point and the 0,1M extra in the bank better be worth it next week :(
How Chelsea didn't get that pen was frustrating for us who had Palmer on the pitch as well.

Frustrating Wednesday.
TAA has to come back in...surely...:nervous:

I'm a little concerned about that too. Though if Bradley keeps his spot he's an absolute no brainer to bring in.

Moby

Dick
Would've been nice to find out right? Tbh I don't see how you can take him off them until he misses.
Yeah let's see. Could still be Palmer but these big forward signing these days come with crazy ass clauses in the contract for Goals/Games ratio and what not so they end up demanding pens. Was Nkunku the pen taker for his previous teams?

ROFLUTION

Full Darwin tonight. 1 pen miss, 1 booking, 1 assist, 1 premier league record for hitting the woodwork in a single game, 2 points. :lol:
You just know he’ll score a hattrick at some point when you’ve transfered him out.

Seems to get on so many chances with Salah out.

Moby

Dick

Frustrating Wednesday.
TAA could play in midfield which makes him better imo. No way he's gonna stay on the bench, he's up there with the best players in the team.

I will sell him after the double anyway. Two blanks and City to play from 26-29, not keeping 8m in defense for that.

Moby

Dick
You just know he’ll score a hattrick
There's better chance of the second coming of Jesus Christ. I've been there with that hope, and come to a point where he's just a really bad finisher who will need proper luck to ever score a bagful across many games let alone in a single game.

Having said that he's usually better in big games where there's more space to run and back to forth action and I got nothing from him when he had a run of really easy fixtures starting from that Luton games where he had 9 shots with no points.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Yeah with Darwin I'll probably get him if Liverpool double but he'd be straight back out. Owned him too many times in the past so I know exactly what that pain is like. I'd be fuming with that 2 pointer last night when you could've easily stuck a 0 on the end of that. Watching him and owning him in FPL is just not good for your health.

Moby

Dick
I went in one week early myself. We can allways play the hindsight game, but:

He was amazing before he got injured though: 6 goals and 4 assists in the last 7 (57 points), while missing a lot of chances.
He also has a fantastic record against Burnley and a great record in matches after coming back from injuries.

This was Alvarez' 2nd brace in the PL, Haaland 6 hat tricks and 8 braces....
Before yesterday:
Alvarez had 51 matches in the PL: 15 goals and 8 assists
Haaland had 50 games: 50 goals and 12 assists

I'd easily take 30 min of Haaland against Burnley over 60 minutes of Alvarez against them every time.
Nah that's not a justified comparison, Haaland developed way before Alvarez did so counting the last 50 games is going way too far. This is the breakthrough season for Alvarez:

Haaland - 113 points in 1313 minutes @ 14m
Alvarez - 112 points in 1765 minutes @ 6.5m

Do those numbers make Haaland a better asset at more than double the cost?

In this game specifically, once you knew exactly that Haaland isn't starting ergo Alvarez will be playing up front, and KDB is starting which massively boosts their creativity, it was a no brainer to captain Alvarez, let alone selling him. Given the amount of minutes he has gotten this season and with that team line up, he easily had the highest potential this gw.

Going forward, I will really wait to see him get benched before thinking of selling, because again, he has been an absolute mainstay in this team, been assigned with set pieces, penalties (I know they will be taken away when KDB and Erling are back but that is an indicator of his importance in the team), and he's grown as a player massively in the last 12 months, which was expected. For me if both are starting he's easily a better asset than Foden both in FPL and on the pitch, so for now I'll keep him, and have both him and Erling for the double, along with Foden. Especially in the double I can see him getting >120 mins.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Let's not be silly now. Haaland is comfortably a better asset than Alvarez. A third of his (Alvvrez) points have come in the last 6 weeks with Haaland out.

I will agree it was a bit mad to sell Alvarez for Haaland this week if you had him and I said this to Moby before the deadline so not a hindsight thing but now that the big oaf is back I expect we'll see Hoolian dropping back into the 10 role and even being on the bench from time to time. It will be Haaland who benefits from the creativity of KDB again like he did last season when he was banging in hat tricks for fun. I expect City with those 2 back to go on a crazy run now until the end of the season.

Foden is a worry now as well. Don't like him wide at all and he's another who'll go back into the rotation pool. Holding until the DGW and then binning for someone nailed.

Also :lol: @ people crying about being influenced by this thread when they're the same ones who come in tagging everyone asking for advice. fecking babies.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Trippier on Bench
Gordon Assist taken away
Nunez misses a bunch of sitters + a pen
No Alvarez (for Nunez, ironically)
took a 4pt hit for Watkins, who hauled and took away my goalie from getting a CS.

I just want to retire :lol:

Nickosaur

Has the Liverpool double been confirmed yet? They blank the week after which would be a headache for my team. It's keeping me from bringing in Jota, he's on fire.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Trippier on Bench
Gordon Assist taken away
Nunez misses a bunch of sitters + a pen
No Alvarez (for Nunez, ironically)
took a 4pt hit for Watkins, who hauled and took away my goalie from getting a CS.

I just want to retire :lol:
Yeah shite week for me as well. 6.4 million gw rank and drop of 25k rank. Doughty and Tripps on bench laughing at Porro, Estu and Gabriel. Can't complain though as was always going to bench Trippier from that lot and I was 50/50 with playing Doughty or Palmer and went with the attacker.

Hopeful that Bowen, Solanke and/or Nipples can at least claw something back for me tonight. Also in a fairly decent position to roll a transfer for once this week.

Still not decided on my 3rd City player for the double. They play twice in 4 days so I reckon there will be wholesale changes in that team. Especially in attack. Maybe only Ederson and Rodri are nailed but both shite picks.

Moby

Dick
Let's not be silly now. Haaland is comfortably a better asset than Alvarez. A third of his (Alvvrez) points have come in the last 6 weeks with Haaland out.

I will agree it was a bit mad to sell Alvarez for Haaland this week if you had him and I said this to Moby before the deadline so not a hindsight thing but now that the big oaf is back I expect we'll see Hoolian dropping back into the 10 role and even being on the bench from time to time. It will be Haaland who benefits from the creativity of KDB again like he did last season when he was banging in hat tricks for fun. I expect City with those 2 back to go on a crazy run now until the end of the season.

Foden is a worry now as well. Don't like him wide at all and he's another who'll go back into the rotation pool. Holding until the DGW and then binning for someone nailed.

Also :lol: @ people crying about being influenced by this thread when they're the same ones who come in tagging everyone asking for advice. fecking babies.
Alvarez initially became a no brainer pick when Haaland was still there but Alvarez was starting non stop and racking points. He dried up after that and obviously he's not gonna be returning in every game but at 6.5 he was usually a great pick to have. which is why I didn't wanna sell him with Haaland coming back because that has actually been the primary partnership for their team this season. Can Pep break it up now?maybe but I will see it to believe it

Also Kevin has himself said hes not gonna play a lot, even last season he go benched in a packed schedule so I am not worried immediately from his return. It was obviously impact Alvarez xmins but let's see how much kdb plays. I hope he puts kdb in cl games and lets Alvarez play the PL ones.

Either way as you said after the team news was confirmed selling Alvarez was a blunder. Can understand not captaining him although I had both him and Foden and never considered Foden as Julian is also on pens. Honestly I fell for the Foden FOMO and Burnley being Burnley. Never liked him as a FPL asset as great as he is on the pitch. Don't think I'll ever be comfortable in captaining him given he never takes set pieces or pens and isn't really a good goalscorer or finisher either.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Alvarez initially became a no brainer pick when Haaland was still there but Alvarez was starting non stop and racking points. He dried up after that and obviously he's not gonna be returning in every game but at 6.5 he was usually a great pick to have. which is why I didn't wanna sell him with Haaland coming back because that has actually been the primary partnership for their team this season. Can Pep break it up now?maybe but I will see it to believe it

Also Kevin has himself said hes not gonna play a lot, even last season he go benched in a packed schedule so I am not worried immediately from his return. It was obviously impact Alvarez xmins but let's see how much kdb plays. I hope he puts kdb in cl games and lets Alvarez play the PL ones.

Either way as you said after the team news was confirmed selling Alvarez was a blunder. Can understand not captaining him although I had both him and Foden and never considered Foden as Julian is also on pens. Honestly I fell for the Foden FOMO and Burnley being Burnley. Never liked him as a FPL asset as great as he is on the pitch. Don't think I'll ever be comfortable in captaining him given he never takes set pieces or pens and isn't really a good goalscorer or finisher either.
I think Alvarez is as good a pick as anyone in that City attack not named Haaland. He ticked along nicely when I owned him. Could bring him in for Solanke in 25 as they've got Newcastle away and then City the week after. They have a double that needs arranging as well though. Foden was a better pick playing at #10 but looks like he won't be getting anywhere near that position again soon.

Moby

Dick
I think Alvarez is as good a pick as anyone in that City attack not named Haaland. He ticked along nicely when I owned him. Could bring him in for Solanke in 25 as they've got Newcastle away and then City the week after. They have a double that needs arranging as well though. Foden was a better pick playing at #10 but looks like he won't be getting anywhere near that position again soon.
Yeah if I knew KDB was not gonna start Foden would have appealed more but as soon as you knew KDB is playing Foden's stock crashed. Even against Newcastle once KDB was on the pitch Foden just got removed from anything FPL worthy action. I'm definitely more worried as a Foden owner from kdb playing than an Alvarez owner but obviously that can all change if Pep changes the starting line up. And like I said if Foden doesn't get anything from open play he's absolutely useless.

For me I think I wanna keep Watkins as he's valuable in 26 and maybe 29 as well. Solanke will be a popular sell before 24 or 25. I initially wanted to bring Toney in for him but I spent the money doing Palmer to Foden. I'm a bit screwed now if I wanna keep both Watkins and Alvarez and still get Haaland. Can do that by selling Trippier actually who's been largely shite when I've started him so that's there. Yeah I think I'd rather do that and roll forward with Watkins Haaland Alvarez but all depends on what Pep is gonna do.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Yeah if I knew KDB was not gonna start Foden would have appealed more but as soon as you knew KDB is playing Foden's stock crashed. Even against Newcastle once KDB was on the pitch Foden just got removed from anything FPL worthy action. I'm definitely more worried as a Foden owner from kdb playing than an Alvarez owner but obviously that can all change if Pep changes the starting line up. And like I said if Foden doesn't get anything from open play he's absolutely useless.

For me I think I wanna keep Watkins as he's valuable in 26 and maybe 29 as well. Solanke will be a popular sell before 24 or 25. I initially wanted to bring Toney in for him but I spent the money doing Palmer to Foden. I'm a bit screwed now if I wanna keep both Watkins and Alvarez and still get Haaland. Can do that by selling Trippier actually who's been largely shite when I've started him so that's there. Yeah I think I'd rather do that and roll forward with Watkins Haaland Alvarez but all depends on what Pep is gonna do.
Yeah Watkins is an easy hold for me after sticking with him through a bad spell. I think/hope he picks back up now with this run until April. Not averse to selling any of Foden (after dgw25), Saka, Bowen, Solanke (and I still own Son as well) if better options become available. If no news on a Liverpool double before Saturday I'm rolling. Might even roll if it is announced as well.

Just playing about in the transfers and my dream front 7 from earlier in the season is affordable assuming they were all fit...

Salah, Son, Palmer, Gordon, Bowen, Haaland, Watkins with Adebayo on bench.

vic090482

Is anyone using a free hit for the double game weeks? What’s your strategy?

Rauður Djöfull

Thinking about replacing Bowen with Olise

Leaving my team like this

Leno - Aerola
Porto - Botman - Andersen - Mykolenko - Cash (next one out likely)
KDB - Olise - Palmer - Richarlison - Gordon
Haaland - Watkins - Solanke

Might want Toney in soon as well

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Nah. Will need that for the blanks or bigger doubles later on. My strategy is just to use transfers to navigate 25 and 26 but as usual with these weeks they are all entirely squad dependent. There's no set way to navigate them.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Thinking about replacing Bowen with Olise

Leaving my team like this

Leno - Aerola
Porto - Botman - Andersen - Mykolenko - Cash (next one out likely)
KDB - Olise - Palmer - Richarlison - Gordon
Haaland - Watkins - Solanke

Might want Toney in soon as well
Might not be a bad idea but Bowen is always available and Olise... not so much.

If you go for picks like this, you better have a good bench.

troylocker

Alvarez became a no brain pick because KDB was out injured, he then became an even better pick when Haaland too got injured. Now they're both back and minutes will not come to him as easy as before. The mistake I made when I brought Haaland in for Alvarez ahead of this GW was that I thought he would come in for Alvarez -> reducing his minutes already yesterday. That gamble went wrong.

Alvarez had 5 returns (2 goals and 3 assists) in his last 11 matches, so he's not exactly been pulling up trees, while Haaland had 6 goals and 4 assists in his last 7 before the injury. He also scored 5 goals in the 142 minutes he's played against Burnley and will take pens from Alvarez.

In hindsight I wish I rolled the transfer and waited a week of course, but I was aware it was high risk so it's one of those. Saved me 0,1M and lost me 20'ish points (I would have captained Richarlison). Alvarez scoring a brace was not in the cards at all though. He isn't a double digit points kind of player (this was his 4th double digit game in 52 games) compared to Haaland (14 in 50)

At 6,9 he was a good pick and there's a reason I had him, but with Haaland and KDB back he is not that good a pick anymore. If you want tripple City attack now, I think most will go with KDB, Foden and Haaland. There is also so many to choose from in the non premium forward bracket now: Solanke, Watkins, Darwin, Toney as the obvious ones and some diff picks like Jackson, Cunha, Pedro, Jesus, Hojlund, Adebayo, Wood, Nkunku, Isak etc.

troylocker

I'll probably tripple captain GW25 double, and try to manuever through the GW26 blank and GW29 blank without using chips. Then WC sometime between 30-33 to BB/FH the GW34 double and BB/FH the GW37 double.
Alternatively if GW29 gets impossible to past, I'll FH then and deadend my team into 34, WC 35-36 and BB 37.

There's a lot of points to made the next few months...